A Womanizer Reforms

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She walked to the Police Department because it was only one and a half blocks away. She'd been that close from City Hall talking to Adam when she mounted the back of Colin's motorcycle and that was why they'd managed to beat the cops to the scene.

Macy walked to the desk and the senior-sergeant said, "Oh it's Macy Law. I'll be a half hour of so getting round to you because, as you know, the Police are pretty slow dealing with things."

"Oh how interesting and I guess Mayor Arnold will be interested in this situation as well."

"Oh hi Macy, I'm Alan Young. I was just being sarcastic."

"Hi Alan. I know it must be boring being behind that desk with no asses to kick so understand your humor and actually it was quite funny. The public appreciates policemen with humor."

"Right due to the sensitivity of this incident, with an internal inquiry underway and probably a mayoral inquiry to follow, Lieutenant Ralph will take your statement with a stenographer present."

"Oh god, I hope I never get assigned to do the police round for Channel 4."

Alan grinned.

Macy whispered, "Will Inspector Ralph introduce me to Police brutality or will he just place me in the cooler for an hour with crims and hookers?"

"Christmas Macy, don't put the idea of a beating into the inspector's head. This might seem to be the perfect occasion to introduce it."

She swallowed.

Alan cackled in laughter.

"Lieutenant Ralph, this is our prime witness and crime buster Miss Macy Law."

Macy gaped.

"Oh hi Macy, please call me Jill. Coffee?"

"Coffee thank you, um, Jill. Um do you head the public relations division?"

"No I'd find that too boring. I head Special Investigations that do drug busts, uncover stolen vehicle rings and we take over the missing persons cases when they pass the 14th day."

"They're our crack team," Senior Young said with pride.

"Thank you Sergeant, that will be all."

Sitting down to coffee Jill said, "Macy dear, do you think you could arrive here with a camera crew at 9:30 in the morning? I'll arrange some of the guys to go through what they have to do in order to sit out a hostage situation and protect themselves if coming into line of fire."

"Yes I'll do that gladly but I insist you be the person who takes me through the drill."

"Why."

"For reasons of excellence in public relations. Like I was just now, viewers will be astonished we have such a damn attractive lieutenant in our Police Force."

"Well I'll talk to the chief about that. Captain Lucas should be the presenter. I believe you have met our Captain Lucas."

"Oh yes and it's my guess you were his superior who called to tell him to let my go to avoid a media frenzy."

"I knew from watching you on TV Macy there was a good brain behind that face. Oh that reminds me, I notice you have become softer in the way you deal with people although I daresay Captain Lucas is unlikely to agree with that. What I really mean is you are now coming across as a warm and sensitive interviewer."

"Thanks for that comment Jill. I am slowly getting into the flow of things. Look this could speed up this process. This is a copy of Colin's video taken inside City Hall and then back outside the building. You may keep the copy."

"Thanks. I'll just call in one of our stenographers to take your statement in longhand so don't rush when you speak. Our court judges in this jurisdiction generally are not keen about electronic recordings and transcripts taken off them. If they wish to read the statement they wish to see the original in writing."

Fifteen minutes later the statement was completed. Jill made a call and said she and Miss Law had finished.

"The Mayor and City Manager are on their way. We are to meet outside our building with the Chief of Police joining those two to pose for photographs and to answer media questions. It's a full scale media event."

"But why? It was really a nothing event."

"The Mayor wishes to present you an Outstanding Citizen's Gold Award for your bravery. They are rushing to get it engraved now. Initially you would that though the offender was holding a real gun that was loaded and yet you still went in."

"But it's our job."

"Actually naughty young reporter Macy Law it is the Police's job to attempt to defuse a hostage situation. Although we were putting snipers in place and had special assault forces assembling and expert negotiators we had to admit that despite committing three offences yourself by getting in the way of a Police emergency operation you did handle yourself with distinction."

"Yes I see what you mean. I happen to believe the longer you leave a hostage-taker in control the more he or she assumes control."

"Well we won't get into that argument."

"I apologize for my willful behavior and accept I could have come very unstuck."

"Thank you Macy. Well I'll be frank with you and ask you tell no one this. I was chosen to take your statement rather than Captain Lucas because it was thought I would be the most appealing person we could place in front of you, the idea being if you like and trust me you will choose what you say to the media very carefully."

"In other words the fallout generated by me is already embarrassing?"

"Exactly."

"And you have no legal power to muzzle me?"

"I indicated earlier you have an impressive brain."

"I take that to mean yes Jill. Well I will be careful what I say because I've already made my point although I may elaborate in great detail tomorrow evening after filming with you tomorrow."

"Here we are. I believe you know the Mayor through negotiations to set up the Miss Casey Memorial Trust?"

"Correct."

At least 30 unarmed police in full uniform were formed in three lines in front of the building facing some 50 media people including film crews.

"Let us through guys," Jill requested and three offices moved forward and then to one side, creating the gap.

The media hailed Macy as she emerged behind Lieutenant Ralph.

She waved and then called, "This is my Police interrogator Lieutenant Jill Ralph. Isn't she pretty and so feminine? And so tough I can tell you? I had a strip torn off my butt for diving in. I argued I had only been doing my job but she countered and said what I did was the job of the Police. I had to agree and she embarrassed me and said what if the outcome had been different and I'd been shot?"

"Well that thought almost made me wet my pants. But the truth is had the hostage-taker been male I might have acted decorously. When I saw it was a woman I believed I was in with a good chance of getting her to back off. By then I was close enough to recognize the gun, the same model as my young nephew shoots at me with because he likes hearing the way I scream. Well I best shut up; here are the officials to conduct a public flogging."

The Mayor, City Manager and Chief of Police drove up in the mayoral limo.

Jill introduced the three officials to Macy.

"Isn't she a real honey?" Mayor Arnold then said, kissing Macy and then beaming at the media. "Macy Law is a newcomer to our TV screens for local news and I think she's a great reporter and a very effective presenter. But today I could have kicked her butt when watching TV at the airport on my arrival as she walked out with that hostage-taker and then had the audacity to criticize the Police for their slow response. We begin reviews tomorrow to determine whether or not Macy's allegation is correct. The initial Police response is she was wrong. But I had to ask myself how was it Macy and her cameraman managed to get there before the police apart from two bicycle police officers who were already engaged in perimeter crowd control and that was their role. Meanwhile what do we do with this cute young woman whom I suspect was acting instinctively rather than stupidly?"

"A public flogging would be very photographic Mr Mayor," called a photographer.

"Make her serve two weeks in front line police work," yelled a female reporter from Channel 2.

"Hold it you uncharitable rivals," the Mayor laughed. "First the city manager Gavin Robinson would like to publicly thank Macy for ending his ordeal. He didn't know it wasn't a real and loaded firearm and of course at first neither did Macy."

"Macy I had feared the end was nigh and then I saw you although didn't immediately recognize you because my sweat was blurring my vision. The woman had told me it was a real gun and I had no reason to disbelieve her. I thought oh I'm done for. But then it appeared some bright spark, probably the Chief of Police, had sent in a policewoman disguised as a journalist to disarm my tormentor, to free me and then march the unfortunate woman out to meet justice. And then Macy identified herself and I thought oh crap, she will probably be the next person to be gunned down."

"I then practically closed down, thinking of my dear wife and my two kids. And then Macy went into action, demanded the gun she said was a toy gun, I was freed and Macy marched the woman out and handed her over to the police after coaxing the woman to publicly announce what her beef was. Macy you are a very brave young woman and I admire you immensely. Although it was a toy gun I still carry this feeling you saved my life because none of us will ever know had it had been a loaded gun would that woman had carried out her threat to shoot me."

"Thank you Macy," Gavin said, removing his glasses and wiping his eyes.

Macy stepped forward and hugged him and Gavin hugged her. It was a great photo opportunity.

The Mayor then announced he was presenting the Mayor's Gold Medal for Outstanding Citizenship to Marcy in recognition of outstanding bravery in going to the rescue of a citizen being held hostage.

He hung the medal around Macy neck.

When the camera flashes subsided Mayor Arnold said, ""Now I wish to tell you something very special. Since the introduction in 1908 by this Council of the Mayor's medals for outstanding citizenship, only two gold medals have been awarded, nine silver and 32 bronze and our records reveal that Macy Law here is the first double recipient of Mayor's medals in this city, having receiving a bronze medal when she was a youngster for saving a toddler from further mauling by the family's dog. We have before us a unique young woman. Please say a few words Macy."

"I feel humble being the recipient of this gold medal Your Honor and I will hang in my bedroom with pride. You know anyone could have done what I did on both of those occasions when my actions were recognized as bravery but the truth is I have something of a knack in being in the right place at the right time. This has become evident to me since I became a newspaper reporter and now a television news reporter."

"Today's little drama would not have played out for me had it not been for the speedy and decisive action of our brave photographer Colin Black who was beside me all the way. Colin was speeding to the scene on his motorbike when he saw me talking to a guy on the street and braked heavily and yelled to me to jump on behind him. Smart thinking Colin because I don't think you could have fluttered your eyelashes like I did to get by Council Security guarding the inner doors. Right, let the public flogging commence."

Chief of Police Mike Robson walked up to Macy and hugged her and turned to the media and said, "This plucky young lady is here as an honored guest of our Police Department this afternoon. Macy you were stupid, a real loose canon, but you were cool under pressure and performed magnificently and I daresay you were lucky too. Then you showed you were a real tough ass, standing in from of almost half of my Police force collectively holding enough firepower to probably bring down the frontage of City Hall and you scolded them for taking too long to get to the hostage scene. I was watching my TV in the command room crossing my fingers and pleading 'don't shoot anyone.' I bet there must have been a few itchy trigger fingers out there (laughter)."

"Officially I can't condone what you did today Macy but I and my team will be privately thankful that you did what you felt you had to do, performing heroically -- oh gosh I meant to say stupidly -- and avoided the possibility of them being involved in a shootout with a distressed woman with possible disastrous results. That's all I should say. Now please take any more shots you require during the next few minutes and then Macy will be coming into our mess to have coffee privately and to meet members of our team who were on callout today." A very shortened version of that police parade and medal presentation appeared on TV stations that evening and the next day Macy was advised she'd been selected as the stand-in co-presenter for three months while the current female was away to have her baby.

Macy's parents were delighted and agreed it would be great experience for her because the work not only involved readying the news but also interviewing reporters lives and interviewing newsmakers.

Her mom's words would prove to be prophetic.

"You are already a bigger celebrity than the woman you are standing in for darling."

That mild acclaim was fine with Macy but she wanted more than that and three months later she got it At the annual TV awards presentations in Chicago she was named TV Reporter of the Year for the Midwest and she received a standing ovation as segments of her submitted film clips of the Miss Casey Interview, her gritty interview in breaking the story about her city's museum roof crisis and her dramatic ending of a hostage drama at City Hall.

As the triumph settled, Macy for a call to come from one of the TV networks but it failed to materialize and she learned the truth about being a small fish in a big pond. It hurt her even more that her extremely proud father had not said, with her mom's support that wasn't it time for her to come back home to the newspaper that had been founded and originally owned by her father's family. And where was Hal. Sure he'd sent flowers to her apartment but where was the congratulatory invitation to go away with him on a dirty weekend.

Macy's parents failed to recognized the signs their daughter was sulking. They thought she was just exhausted from going to Chicago and being one of the successes stories and needed a few days back at work to feel settled.

CHAPTER 3

On the first day back at the TV station Macy was advised that the woman she was filling in as presenter was feeling really good after the birth of her daughter and wish to return to her position the following Monday.

Tracy felt the tide was going against her and then that very evening she met Debra Paglia in the mall with a guy introduced as Debra's husband, home on furlough. He seemed very nice and as Macy reached her car the thought hit her with a bang: if hubby was home then who was Hal fucking? Carl had told her he'd arrived home ten days ago. The question was could Hal go ten days without pounding a woman?

She rushed home excitedly and her mom said hi and she hadn't seen a smile of that statue on Macy's face since Chicago.

"I've decided to pitch hard for Hal."

"Oh darling," drawled her mom. "I have to say that's a little overdue."

"What?"

"Go and do it darling and don't question me because I have no wish to confuse you.. If you want home go get him. Debra Paglia's husband arrived home almost two weeks ago."

Macy was ready to scream why hadn't her mom told her that and accepted that would only complicate the situation. She grabbed a wine and went to her computer and searched for resorts no more than half a day's drive away. During her searching she came across something that left her breathless, the Mill Stream Boutique Hotel. It was built high across the stream and would have been the original mill and miller's house. Omigod it oozed with romance and it was just under 150 miles away.

She called and the woman said the premium rooms for next weekend had all gone. There were only three of them.

"All we have is the attic."

Thinking of bats and rats Macy said mournfully, "The attic."

"Yes ma'am it's small and is reached from reception by three flights of stairs and the third stairway is very narrow but the truth is it's my favorite room. When it's vacant I often sit up there and work on my poetry. The view is over the oaks and out across pastures and woods to blue-shrouded hills forty-five miles away."

"God you are a great saleswoman," Macy laughed and said she'd take the room for Saturday and Sunday nights. Mal would want to be on hand on Friday the busiest day of the week because of preparation of Saturday's newspaper and the wrap-up of Sunday's leisure time magazine. If he couldn't come she'd invite her mom.

"Is the booking for you and your husband?" the nosey woman asked.

"I'm single and I've never dated this guy. I thought I should begin by making a big impact."

"Way to go dear," said Mrs Yates. "I'll really work on setting up the room for you."

Macy thought about tactics and decided not to call Hal. She had to hit on him face to face and then he might not have to guts to say no to destroy such an expectant, pretty face. She wriggled her toes and said, "Way to go!"

Next day she called a contact at the newspaper and learned that Hal usually arrived at work at 10:00 and probably cleared mail and messages before crossing the street around 11:00 to the Patriot Coffee House.

Macy had a window table near the entrance next day and waited fruitlessly till 11:45 before leaving.

Next day as Hal approached the entrance around 11:07 he spotted her, looked surprised and waved with a big grin. The newspaper's young-ever editor was probably it's most handsome editor ever, she thought. He looked great but was overdue for a haircut.

He came in and bent down and kissed her. The kiss was fairly passive and she said, "Fancy meeting you here. I don't start till 1:00 and was just filling in time."

"Great to see you," he enthused. ""Jesus you are looking great."

Macy felt incredibly uplifted. Most of her body tingled and she was almost sure her nipples were blowing bubbles at him. What? Omigod she was going insane.

"Another cup?"

"Yes just plain filtered thanks."

"Food?"

"I wish."

"Yeah well I realize to maintain a great body like yours you must resist eating between meals."

Great body? Macy sucked in her stomach, pulled back her shoulders and gave him a dazzling smile but the poor boy missed the smile; he was mesmerized by the now pushed forward outline of her breasts. She wanted to scream out what about my intellect and sweet personality Hal... er no she didn't. If Hal's primary interest was her tits that was simply perfect with her because there was always her personality and liveliness as a younger person to focus on when his libido began to change down a gear or two

Macy suspected she was becoming a little moist but decided why think of becoming embarrassed by that. She diverted to look at him intensely.

Poor Hal. He must have thought she was on heat.

"W-why are you staring?"

"I've missed you so much Hal?"

"Oh really."

"Yes my body has been screaming for you."

He stuffed a finger between his collar and neck and looked around to see who was lapping up their conversation but found no one looking their way.

"Er I'll get coffee."

"Your usual order Hal and another cup of filtered for you ma'am?"

"Yes that would be perfect thanks Molly," Hal said to the motherly woman who beamed at being able to service him.

"Do you know Miss Law or should I introduced her Hal?"

"I know Macy intimately thanks Molly," Hal said sitting down.

"How intimately?" Molly gaped.

Macy who hadn't been aware the woman knew who she was said, "Very intimately Molly but please keep that to yourself."

"Omigod yes I will Miss Law."

Hal sat looking a little embarrassed. "Now where were we? Oh yes, this meeting is a set-up isn't it?"