All Comments on 'Abby Ch. 02'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
teedeedubteedeedubalmost 11 years ago
Super Story

Can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

After reading ch1 I had decided to wait until the entire story was posted then read it in it's entirety, of course that went out the window as I was working my way through your other stories and noticed ch2 was up. I suppose I have no choice now but to read each chapter as it is available then go back and read the entire work in one setting.

One of the best thing about what I think of as your historical stories is how many times I find myself going to Google to research places or names, many times not making it back to the story for an hour or more.

CrisInGA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Enjoyable

I am enjoying this and hoping for the next chapter soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Britishisms

First, I thank you for an intriguing plot and your excellent, polished prose. Your use of antiquated British-isms is both delightful and annoying, however. I haven't had to research so many phrases or words in quite some time. Incidentally, cwt. is a hundredweight, equivalent to 8 stone in G.B and 100 lbs here in the States.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
The last anon post is wrong.

One hundredweight is indeed eight stones. And there are fourteen pounds to a stone. A pound is the same in the UK as in the USA.

So there are one hundred and twelve pounds to a hundredweight, wherever you are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Supreb!!!!!!

Lovely story, this author writing is similar to "Catherine Cookson" in describing village life.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
myriads of definitions

Terms such as hundredweight and stone (aside from that set by modern National Standards committees) have had local and regional variations.

Sometimes different depending on the product. Sometimes different as set by each succeeding Royal fiat. Sometimes by the merchants guilds as a method to cheat the tax collectors.

Or by the tax collectors (argot meaning 'armed bandits') themselves as a way to skim off the loot before passing the remainder on to the Treasury.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Its really strange......

.......whichever country you go, the rural scene remains the same.Beautiful scenery & wonderful people living simple lives.

Thank you for a wonderful & detailed description of English country side.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
this is fun

we learn a bit, and find out there is even more we don't know.

wonderful

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 3 years ago

Super writing, my favourite of all your stories and one I return to again and again.

GHreaderGHreaderover 2 years ago
Just as good as I remember.

I read Abby several years ago and thought it was the best writing on Literotica. As I reread it I am confirming my assessment .

You paint beautiful landscapes with your words. I am enjoying it as the plot unfolds.

I hope you come back with more stories to share. This is an amazing story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous