All Comments on 'After Shiloh'

by Silverstag

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
dmcdmcover 18 years ago
Excellent story

Excellent story, Silverstag, and I'll not be sipping Jack Daniels without thinking of the history you provided.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Great Story

I have enjoyed all your 'historical' stories very much. I encourage you to continue writing them.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
The sunken road???

I really did like this story, however something in the first few paragraphs caused a little "ding" in my head. Took a few seconds until it dawned on me that your listing of noteable place names of Shiloh included "the sunken road." Sorry, the sunken road or lane as some call it was a famous feature of the battle of Antietam. Keep up the good work - your historical stories are enjoyable and interesting.

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
That ending was priceless!

In the battle's first day, two Union regiments plus several artillery batteries took up an emergency position in an angle of a sunken road on the left front of the Confederate attack, soon to be known and remembered as "the Hornet's Nest."

A position that overlooked almost the entire avenue of Confederate advance and providing a strong natural defensive position, thus forcing the Confederate army to assail the position for most of the afternoon.

The delay forced by the resistance at the Hornet's Nest drew away the Confederate manpower that might have ended Shiloh with a Confederate victory on the battle's first day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Brilliant!!!!!

Another GREAT story Silverstag.....and the ending is left open for more... (hint hint).

Please keep up the great work for us!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent Story Line: Timeless

Very well written as a time in history piece, it reads nicely to the period and the characters could go on for several more chapters, closing out the Civil War and so on.

BRAVO!!

oldwayneoldwayneover 7 years ago
Excellent story!

Five Stars! Thanks for a really well written and historically accurate story.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
a lovely snapshot and historical memory

It was so well done I wish there had been a 2nd chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hoping for a Chapter 2

Very well written story. I hope you find the time to write a Chapter 2, this story is deserving of a finishing chapter. Very much enjoy reading your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Dear Author, Nicely done. Thank you for the journey and the descriptive Civil War based tale. jntiques

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Nice

Nice story. Hope they found happiness after that war. Five Stars

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 4 years ago
Very Enjoyable

This was a very good read. That the main character was a journalist in a war where such reporting became common was a great choice, and that was a nice look at conditions in the South in the relatively early days of the war before most realized that it really was a lost cause. On a personal note, the story also reminded me of my visit to the Shiloh battlefield many years ago and a stop at the Jack Daniels Distillery during one of my trips to Lynchburg. Great job. 5 *

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous