Aftermath of a Proper Divorce

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled and replied, "I couldn't have done it without you, Jason. Not only the software part but I feel almost comfortable interviewing now. Since you have been drilling me night and day my English skill level has risen. Pick any, verb, Jason, and listen to me conjugate it." The man tested her on two which she aced, and both smiled broadly. How can I ever thank you, Mister Crawford?"

Jason smiled and said, "You thank me every time you set my soul on fire and because you have introduced me..." Jason didn't finish his sentence as he watched Annie put her fingers on her lips in a 'Shhh' gesture.

Annie replied, "You and I both came out of a loveless marriage, and we both are smart enough not to go there again. So, we enjoyed the moments holding each other in the meantime."

Jason thought, "Since she used the past tense Annie will no longer sleep in my bed. Oh No! I will miss her, or will I? This woman used two naïve American men to get here before she met me and then used me to prepare herself for the job market -- and I must admit that she has given me back my youth in exchange -- an excellent deal for me." He unconsciously raised his margarita glass in tribute to her while quietly smiling into her eyes and continued with his thoughts, "Here is hoping she finds someone of her caliber to love and be loved. Her Mom -- and her Dad earlier -- must have been unique people to have taught her a work ethic and survival skills from which her mountain-like self-confidence stems -- not to mention her ability -- and they passed on a good set of genes. She became the individual she is while pursuing her goal even as she grew up forced to live in a collectivist environment!" He looked at his watch and said, "Annie, thanks for having been in my life for these weeks. But, it's time we fetch the car and pick up your Mom at the Train Station."

Later her Mom walked towards the two on the platform smiling broadly. Then Jason noticed that Helen was wearing a dress identical to the one Annie wore today. The fall colors worn in the cooler afternoon flattered the two women's bodies perfectly. The smiling Jason concluded, "Annie's mother designed and made those two dresses -- artistic skill obviously is the middle-aged woman's long suite." As the older lady got close once, again, a lump formed in Jason's throat and he gripped his trousers to keep himself from grabbing Helen and kissing her, 'hello.' He noticed that she carried a small bag and a purse and gripped both with white knuckles. When she walked up, Jason kissed her lightly on the cheek, and said, "Welcome, Helen."

Displaying an obvious difficulty speaking she replied in British English, "Thank you, Jason, and thank you for the invitation. Marcus pitched a fit because he wanted to come with me rather than get into his father's car, but I promised him that next time he would be invited, did I speak out of turn?"

Jason relaxed and said, "Not at all. For sure, Marcus or you two may visit me with either or both of you ladies at any time. But being a man my take is that divorced parents love their children left with the ex- and the youngster should be made well aware of that."

She replied, "I agree, and that was exactly my argument to convince him to go with his Daddy without pitching a fit. About the invitation, Annie told me that you don't banter words around, so I presume you really invited me?"

He held Helen's free hand while looking directly at her and said, "Yes, I never waste words." Changing subjects, he continued, "O.K. Ladies, whoever is for driving home and enjoying a glass of wine before the caterer delivers our dinner, step right this way. Since you two placed no orders, we have barbecued meat combo, with the sauce and veggies on the side just in case that sauce is not someone's preference."

Once the trio arrived at Jason's apartment, playfully drank wine, had eaten their catered dinner and made small talk, Annie said, "I am going to say goodnight and go to my work room. I need to make changes on my resume, and browse Monster again in my quest for the perfect job."

Jason said, "Goodnight, Annie. I hope you and your Mom will be comfortable sleeping in the full-size bed in there."

She kissed him on the cheek and said, "There is not doubt in my mind that all three of us will have happy dreams."

Once alone, Jason asked Helen, "Would you tell me about your deceased husband?"

She said, "Yes. We tried for me to get pregnant with Annie for over a year, and finally succeeded. 'Than' loved our child so much until he spent every spare minute with her. My husband and I were fluent French speakers and taught her from infancy. Mostly, though, he led by example. And, she worshiped him while growing up. Annie was unhappy in primary and secondary school and developed no close friendships at all -- complaining, 'my classmates are dull beyond description.' And the three of us did an enormous number of family things together. She aced the exam to enter the University of Strasbourg and tearfully said goodbye to her father and me. She had received a full scholarship, but we sent her some extra money monthly."

Jason asked, "Tell me about the death of her father?"

She said, "No. It's best that it never be discussed. I will say it was death from arsenic oxide and within a week the French Embassy flew me to Strasbourg, at the American Embassy's expense, to join Annie, and I have never gone back to my homeland."

Jason held her hand and said, "Say no more, Helen, as I can piece the remainder of the tragedy together in my mind now. I am just glad you are here with me now."

She smiled warmly and said, "Oh thank you, Jason. You should know that I am most often relaxed and self-contained especially in your presence -- I have my deceased husband's modest early death in the line of duty retirement pension from your government and lose myself in Art -- and occasionally someone buys a piece of my work -- so I make ends meet. In that respect, I am different from Annie: she is driven to succeed at any price while I just want to live and enjoy my art. Also, I love taking care of my grandson as he is the world to me, and the Asian part of him looks just like my deceased husband. I have every confidence Marcus will be the Uberman that was his Grandpa, Ngo if he wants to be."

Jason thought, "Helen is a 'survivor' and as such surmises that Annie bartered sex since her college days to get what she needed -- including being my lover - but Helen is unconcerned. And, she is telling me that she is not like her daughter in that way. Hmmm, I like Helen even more, and I will bet money that the only man ever in her body was her deceased husband." He smiled, pleased with his company, and said, "I agree that Marcus will find success in life."

After 15 minutes of chatting about local politics, he said, "It's getting late, Helen, so let me say goodnight and let's continue this in the morning, O.K.? The bedroom you share with Annie doubles as her workroom, and it has an attached bath. I look forward to the three or two of us visiting tomorrow morning. For example, I have never been to the most famous Dallas landmark, the 'School Book Depository,' building which is now a museum. Would you like to go?"

She exclaimed like a kid exactly like Annie would have expressed glee, "I have wanted to do that since primary school. Let's please do."

The next morning the trio did a walking tour of the first settlement log cabin and then to the 'Texas Schoolbook Depository' building. Afterward, Helen said, "We were taught in school to rejoice at the tragedy, but at home, we privately grieved over it each year."

The trio was sitting under the same shade tree finishing lunch where Annie and Jason waited for Helen on Friday. Then Annie's cell phone rang. Annie looked at the caller and told her companions to excuse her and then answered in English after turning on the speakerphone, "Yes, Richard."

They all heard, "I want to go fishing with some buddies and spend overnight on the lake east of Dallas. Marcus would not be welcome so may I bring him home early?"

She put the phone on hold and looked at Jason, who just shook his head smiling, "Fine with me." She then said, "Just drop him and his car seat off at an apartment house near downtown Dallas at this address on your way to the lake. Pack a change of clothes and pajamas for him. I will wait while you get a pencil to write this down."

Later, after they were back in Jason's apartment, there was a knock at the door. Marcus charged in and went right up to the man he thought was his Mom's 'new boyfriend.' Jason, who had been sitting at his computer, stood and picked him up and said, "Hello, Marcus. I am so happy to see you."

The kid stopped all movement abruptly and looked directly at the man holding him. He said, "You ARE glad to see me, aren't you, Mister Crawford!"

Jason was shocked at his speech level and smiled big as he put the child down and said, "Yes, I mean everything I say to you or anyone else."

Marcus smiled broadly.

!!

Jill Crawford went to a called 'meeting' in the Managing Partner's office of her firm. She had an immediate sense of foreboding and dread as she walked into the spacious surroundings only to find two other co-worker Actuaries she knew slightly. The Senior said, "Thanks for coming, ladies and gentlemen. We must find some economies since the zero interest ZIRP and bubble finance has decimated bond-fund yields and has dealt a blow to our Pension work queue. Our life, property, and casualty specialists do not need additional staff. So, to achieve the necessary economies, the firm will offer you ladies and gentleman either a buyout of six months pay, today or you may elect to work for up to six months while you look for another position. Of course, If you resign we will pay a prorated buyout amount. Also, I will provide each a letter of recommendation if you wish, as you have demonstrated that you are capable Actuaries. The board and I appreciate your service through the years, but what is happening in this office is widespread. Mrs. Grimes in Personnel have the details for each of you, and you may see her tomorrow if you are ready to choose." She stood, signaling that the meeting was over.

Jill went home in a daze and very depressed about her future. She kept remembering her now deceased white-haired mother's admonitions about the 'wages of sin.' She wondered privately, "Is God punishing me?" She didn't even remember driving her car as she pulled into her apartment's parking place. She noticed that Rolly Harrison's car was in its place and immediately savored the thrill of sucking his Cock that would postpone the hard reality bearing down on her for a brief moment.

She walked into her quiet apartment and then walked up with her ear close to Rolly's bedroom door. There were no piano sounds she was accustomed to hearing when he was composing or teaching. But she waited, and then a young female voice said, "Oh Rolly! I can not get a cock that big inside me, but..."

Jill flung his bedroom door open and squealed. "Damn it, Rolly! The ground rules that you agreed on included that you would bring no whores into my apartment."

The teen stood and was embarrassed to the point she couldn't speak.

Rolly, pulled up his pants and zipped up and reached for a sheaf of sheet music resting on the stand and said, "Jill, don't be so provincial. I was giving Betsy a piano lesson, and we just got carried away, and you caught us. Her lesson would have been over, at any rate, in another ten minutes. Be reasonable!"

Jill screamed, "Reasonable? You are an unprincipled whoremonger. Please move out of here by the end of the month."

Rolly smirked, not believing that she meant it after her anger cooled, and said, "O.K. Whore. I will immediately start if you will excuse Betsy and me while we finish her piano lesson."

Jill slammed his bedroom door shut and walked down the hall to crash into a chair at the dining table. Her Introspective thoughts raged. "I wish I could talk to my Mother. Maybe I am a whore and will go to hell for that. What have I done to my husband and my marriage, not to mention my children? When and why did I stop loving my Husband? Jill, you are crazy and need help. But no one can help! What are you going to do in six months after you are unemployed?"

She sat up suddenly and said to herself, "I know what I will do. I will force Anthony to move in with me, and I will do that by keeping him horny so he will give a maximum effort to support me. All I have to do is keep my waistline tiny and my boobs big and he will gladly be my slave. Everything is going to be fine, Jill. I must relax and find another big cock to get my thrills!" Then her other inner voice said, "That postpones your problem for a fleeting moment so what then? You will soon be 45 years old, and the lines in your face are becoming pronounced." She crashed her fist onto the table the life was so cruel to her.

During the next two weeks, Rolly talked Jill into allowing him to stay with her 'for a little while longer while he got on his feet.' This transaction occurred as she was sucking his cock. Later, Jill said to Anthony, "How would you like to cancel your lease and move in with me?"

He replied, "You mean sleep on the couch listening to you and that musician get it on?"

"Yes, Anthony, that would make a perfect world for me if you were to do that. You could still enjoy my body all you wanted."

The young lawyer was trembling with anger as he sudden stood up to find his clothes and said, "Go to Hell, you aging Bitch," and abruptly left her apartment slamming the door. Her embarrassment and pain and shame at that moment was the most severe in her entire life.

A month later, during which time Anthony never came back to Jill's apartment -- and during which he refused to open the door when she knocked - the hard reality hit her, "You will soon be unemployed and have no one to pay your bills!"

Later she sat with Rolly as he was enjoying dinner that she had cooked. She said, "My job ends in five months. The severance pay began a month ago. During the past month, I have floated my resumes like confetti with zero response. I am worried about my future."

Rolly looked at her while chewing a mouth full of steak. His expression was a 'why-bother-me-with-your-Problems-Bitch' and said, "Well, Jill, I am sorry to hear that. I was going to pay you the balance of what I owe on last month's rent Sunday, but my one-week gig ended after three nights -- and often we were playing to an empty club. So, it's tough all over."

The following week Jill came home to find that Rolly had moved out -- with a month's rent unpaid - while she had been in Houston working. His two keys were on the dining room table -- there was no 'goodbye' note.

!!

The Chihuahua came into Annie and Jason's work room smiling. Annie was alone working on her resume. The CIO said, "The team and I want to buy your lunch today, Annie, are you up to that?"

Annie smiled and said, "Splendid. Thank you."

At one point during lunch the CIO stood and said, "Annie, every site reports error free when using your modified Proprietary Software. The board and management thanks you, and I thank you. I was even able to wrangle a little check for you out of the CEO -- and I swear that alligators were flying when he authorized it." There was much laughter around the table. She handed it to her while the ladies and gentlemen laughed and applauded Annie and the CIO's joke.

After work, Jason had flown in from Oklahoma City later that day and pulled into his reserved parking place. Then he noticed Annie's car in its usual numbered slot. He smiled and quickly made his way into his apartment.

Helen, Annie, and Marcus stood at the door smiling. The temp said, "Surprise! Jason, I got that nice bonus today from the Chihuahua, and thanks to you and I am treating us to dinner tonight."

Later the wine flowed, and the laughter reverberated amongst the adults while the youngster focused on a game on his IPad. Jason noticed that Helen was tipsy from her wine. Annie, who drank too much herself, said, "Jason, I have a secret. Mom wants to sleep with you in your bed. Would you mind? Heh Heh."

Jason, stone sober, said, "Not at all, but I would rather your Mom tell me these things, not you, don't you think?"

Annie said, "Of course you are right, forgive me. Changing subjects, I have gotten a job offer, but I don't like the bottom of the industry pay starting pay, so I will wait before I answer. I should get one or two more offers. My last pay check from the insurance company is next Friday, a week from today."

That night Annie and her Mom retired to Annie's work room for sleeping. Jason lay for an hour staring at the blades of the Casablanca fan slowing turning above him. He found that sleep wouldn't come as he tried to come to grips with his feelings. "Do I love that woman, or am I just enamoured of her daughter's extreme ability and have transferred it to her mother?"

The next morning everyone was apologetic for becoming tipsy last night, but no one spoke about Annie's blatant and embarrassing statement. During Saturday the four played card games -- again Jason was astounded at just how advanced the five-year-old was playing games of chance and even games of skill. It dawned on Jason, "Wow, these people are part of my life, now!"

Everyone retired that evening after watching a 40s movie and again Jason was staring at the ceiling. He suddenly got up and walked down the hall to Annie's room and knocked. Annie opened the door and stepped back to allow Jason's free entrance.

The mid-40s man walked to the bed where Helen lay and smiled at her as she smiled back at him. He asked, "Would you like to sleep in my bed, Helen?"

Helen smiled as she reached up and grasped his proffered hand so he could help her to stand up. The two forty-somethings walked down the hall to Jason's bedroom holding hands, while Annie continued to teach herself SWIFT, a new programming language.

The End.

Epilogue: Annie took a job an hour North of Dallas, and Jason helped move her and Marcus from Arlington to an apartment in McKinney and helped her Mom move into his apartment. Both he and Helen had become each other's 'significant other' -- and he even added her to his health insurance in time. Helen turned the second bedroom into an art studio to Jason's total delight.

Jill was unable to find employment as an Actuary but went to work as a financial analyst at greatly reduced pay when her job ran out . She enjoyed the social and love company of some young men for short duration -- but fewer and fewer as pages on her calendar were torn off. In time she became the proverbial, 'first-date-fuck' as the price of survival. She often found herself perusing old family photos.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Requital He caught her cheating; she thinks he's overreacting.in Loving Wives
In Her Eyes A husband doesn't like what he sees.in Loving Wives
Bless This Broken Road Sometimes even broken roads can lead to somewhere good.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
More Stories