Age Not Always an Issue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So a multi-task workman?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so. Being a camera operator takes long training and being a sound technician or working in post-production require formal training."

"Yeah I knew that but what about working on logistics, set design and choosing locations?"

"Have you worked on filmmaking?"

"Now but I have expert knowledge of those things I mentioned having been tutored in the army for many years. I worked in logistics for two years and for three years was involved in training new recruits and after their basic training was completed we had to put them through more varied challenges that mean placing them into new positions against the 'enemy', requiring them to work out where they should position themselves defensively and from which to launch counter-attacks. We build entire dummy villages that looked realistic at night and we had to be skilled in choosing locations so we could sucker them into received heavy casualties -- mock fighting, of course. And then those of us experienced in field ops had to help the geeks set up challenging computer games for senior recruits still under induction and immersion."

"Ohmigod."

"Thought you might be interested."

"I'm interested because I wish to expand and win contracts from larger advertising agencies to do some of their filmmaking."

"Expansion will require capital and banks will be touchy about loaning money to filmmaking operators in this poor economic climate."

"And don't we know it!" Ella spat. "Mollie and I worked hours and hours building a rock-solid presentation and what did those grinning monkeys at three banks and a finance company do?"

"That's been tough on monkeys."

"They said thanks for coming and practically laughed us out the door."

Carson rubbed his chin. "Um, can you give me that documentation to read?"

"Yes sure. It's mostly about financials so will be boring reading for you."

"It will also be about strategies won't it?"

"Sure, oh I see... you were a strategist so will be interested. That being so you ought to take Mollie out for lunch and chat her up about this. She knows more about my business than I do. She was a bored financial consultant before she came to me five years ago."

* * *

Next morning Carson was in the warehouse with its 20ft stud that Ella had told him was ideal as a filmmaking studio when she arrived back behind him and said, "Carson Kline, meet my right hand Mollie O'Keefe."

Carson turned and looked as if he'd been ambushed.

Mollie laughed and said, "Ohmigod, your lover is Mr Nice from the supermarket parking lot."

Yes, Mollie was the short, fat blonde who'd thought she had a flat tire. Within hours Carson would know she was a dynamic personality with killer wit and who told jokes unbecoming for a lady.

"Ah, I'm glad you two have had a passing acquaintance," Ella said. "Mollie I'd like you and Carson to go out today and have a long lunch together on the company. Each passing hour seems to tell me Carson will become more to us that principal driver. Obviously if he impressed you in a parking lot he achieved something, you being hard to please."

"He was so polite and helpful and when I took in his general's uniform I almost had an orgasm on the spot."

Carson was embarrassed even further when the two women clasped each other in laugher, squawking like two hens. Perhaps that comment was funny.

* * *

Mollie had asked Carson to go and possess the table she'd booked; she had to wait to receive an important call from the company's attorney about a contract. He was on to his second wine when she arrived, not at all flustered. She kissed him and said not many men stood for her because she was short and fat.

"Your inherited genes are not your fault Mollie, but you have personality to burn so just don't worry."

Mollie gaped. "That's what my husband, who's a physician said to me shortly after we first met when he was a senior med student."

"Well he had to get the panties off you somehow Mollie. However I have no such motive."

She laughed loudly and kicked his shin.

"God, you bitch," he whispered, rubbing his shin.

"Oooh, aren't we getting to know one another very well," she said, ordering a bottle of French Chablis.

During talk about the company, Carson asked how much of her own money had Ella invested in the company.

Mollie said Ella had instructed her to be open and frank about company business but that request for information was a bit over the top.

"This is business Mollie so reconsider your position on this."

"Why, Ella is bending over for you? Why would you want to invest money in the company?"

"Because I'm convinced in my own mind Ella is prepared to enter a long-term relationship with me.

"Then don't invest in the company; that could rear to sour the relationship between you two."

"Do you mean Ella would be to blame for that?"

"No that would be you. Ella is as straight as they come and within is the most beautiful person I know apart from my own mom."

"In that case it's even more important you tell me."

"I don't carry that figure in me head but it's a shade over $200,000. Our premises and much of our equipment is leased."

"Do you believe this expansion is the right thing to do?"

"Yes, without doubt and I'm the one pushing. Ella is nervous about the current economic climate."

"People will be cutting back."

"What a wonderful time to push your nose in."

Carson grinned and said that was good strategic thinking.

"Ella is taking home a copy of our document prepared for financiers. Read it well; there are well argued comments that you call strategic thinking."

CHAPTER 2

Sara and Carson's property sold despite several mild attempts at sabotage by Sara but even she knew the price was too good to decline; two keen buyers had wanted it and the Realtor of the real estate firm had joined the saleswoman to work through Sara's contrived issues.

On that evening of settlement, Carson took Ella to dinner. Their relationship was blossoming beautifully and their joint interests were expanding. Ella had been delighted to find although the core crew knew Carson was 'the boss's boyfriend', just as with her they accepted him as one of them, a member of the team. Carson had worked on that, knowing it was so important to Ella for that to happen.

Sipping champagne she said, "Would you like me to help you look for an investment apartment?"

"I've gone off that idea. One of the reasons why we are here tonight is Sara asked me this afternoon to agree to a divorce. She said, correctly, our marriage is dead."

"Oh Carson, I am so sorry. It would have been devastating for you to hear her say that."

"I admit being shocked but already I'm grinning, thinking I've taken out the enemy."

"God Carson, that's callous."

"I expect you to think like that Ella, because that's how you are. But consider my point of view, that bitch came close to ruining my life."

Ella nodded. "Yes you have cause to feel aggrieved. But look, do this for me. Call now for early morning delivery of a really expensive bouquet of flowers."

"Why?"

"She will be grieving for her dead marriage. Here, give me your credit card."

Ella made the call and then said, "Message? Oh yes, just write 'Thanks for everything. Carson'. Just a minute I'll get the address off Carson."

Ella slid her phone shut. "Does that make you feel better?"

"Surprisingly it does. Way back we did have good times. Um, that message reads a little ambiguously."

"It was meant to. You did call her a bitch."

They smiled and had their glasses topped up.

"One of the other things on my mind concerns my daughter I told you about who is in jail. Would you join me in two attempts to get her to accept us as visitors?"

"Visit her in jail you mean?" Ella said, turning pale.

Carson eyed her steadily. "Yes."

"Oh god... well yes I'll do that."

"She may be curious about you so might agree to see me."

"I thought that was your tactic."

"Thank you Ella," Carson said, taking her hand. "Sally is only twenty-three; I can't abandon her, at least not yet."

"That's how I want you to think darling. My brother Bruce is a very successful defense lawyer in Chicago. Would you like me to talk to him about Sally and attempting to get an early release under our supervision? He may have contact here and came make recommendations?"

"That would be most appreciated but first let's see if Sally will allow us to visit."

Carson squeezed her hand and she squeezed back firmly.

"Let's try to do everything we can for her Carson."

He nodded and sniffed. "Um now to business."

"Business?"

"Yes, I'd like to advance your company a loan of $200,000."

Ella looked shocked and squeaked, "$200,000?"

"Yes."

"Oh Carson, you've overwhelmed me. Look I was preparing to go anyway but I'm off to the restroom to think about that. Oh god."

She returned and pulled her chair around to sit against him.

"If I am to have that money I want it as capital, with you as my partner."

"A partner?"

"Yes."

Carson lapsed into thought, tugging at an ear.

"Okay, but on these terms: It will be as a silent partner with only you, Mollie and your company attorney aware of such an arrangement."

"Oh excellent. That means your relationship with the core crew will remain unchanged."

"Yeah, good strategic thinking huh?"

"Carson."

"Yes."

"I really think we were made for one another."

He grinned. Who am I to argue against that? We could last together for quite a few years. Let's enjoy them."

THE END