All Comments on 'Alex and Penelope Ch. 06'

by rosess

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
canndcanndalmost 13 years ago

hmm...this relationship is a train wreck. It will leave her scarred...lets be real. It is a total imbalance of power with him having it all. He will train her to please him ...jeez. What about her becoming her own person? She is with someone who can't really be with her. She's a dirty secret to be guarded more vigilently b/c of his lifestyle. She is just starting her life and is in this dead end relationship. Too bad he doesn't care enough about her to let her find someone who can treat her well and let others know they're with her. Let her grow as their own person, not someone scrambling to please him...will that really be what he wants...someone who he trains and who is only doing things she thinks will please him? Not letting her stand with a backbone? Ugg...I'll keep reading anyhow :) It's a trainwreck I'll probably keep watching...but I wish you could make him a tiny bit more redeemable so I could feel good about the two of them falling in love.

SouthernGirl30SouthernGirl30almost 13 years ago
Unsure

I really liked this story in the beginning, but now it has seemed to have taken a very big detour from "romance" as it was originally deemed. The way he took her virginity, and again with this encounter, he hasn't even bothered with her enjoyment. I agree with the other comment, this treatment will definitely leave her damaged, or would in a real situation. I almost wish he had to stop taking advantage of her naivity. Perhaps an inability to spend time with her, Claire's return, as well as school starting could leave her lonely and leaning towards the cute gardener for a while? Just a though. Nothing like a little jealousy on Alex's part to make up for treating her like this.... Hope things are a bit more realistic in the upcoming chapters? =)

Rbn8Rbn8almost 13 years ago
Stay true

I have to agree, Alex is kind of a jerk. That being said, I love your story. I hope you stay true to the story you intentionally started and don't get swayed by readers comments. A lot of writers on this site seem to start with a good story that makes you think about human nature and/or sexuality. Then, as story progresses, and advice from readers is given, the story and characters completely change... Anyway, I'm curious to read what you intended for these two...

Maybe they fall in love, maybe Alex continues their affair until Penelope goes to college and meets someone her own age and breaks his heart.. I can't wait!!!

Kuuipo_23Kuuipo_23almost 13 years ago

I know you said I wasn't supposed to like ALex but I actually did, until this chapter. At first he seemed intent on pleasing her and easing her into their unconventional relationship. But his selfishness is rearing its ugly head and it was all about him in this chapter.

I do have the feeling that Penelope WILL come into her own and demand more from their arrangement (which will of course push Alex out of his comfort zone). But between here and now might be a bit iffy.

trysexychocolatetrysexychocolatealmost 13 years ago

this is a great story no matter what anyone says. As a writer you must be true to the way you want the story. continue on the path that you have set for your story. True and loyal readers of this story will like it the way it is.

juci_lucijuci_lucialmost 13 years ago
love it!

I understand where u are going with Alex and I am looking forward to seeing how he changes and develops as Penelope helps him! your writing is amazing and only u can decide the plot! don't be influenced by others ... you know what you're doing! juci x

rjlouiserjlouisealmost 13 years ago
Keep Going!

I think you are writing a wonderful story and I hope you keep it up. I'm getting kind of worried because there hasn't been anything for the last couple days. Don't let the negatives stop you! And, I wish you hadn't explained Alex. It was like a plot spoiler. I know you probably felt you had to because of the negative comments but, people, please! It's FICTION! We all have freedom of choice. If you don't like something, don't read it. Simple.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrosess@rosess
166 Followers
UPDATE: I'm back after thirteen years away. Alex and Penelope had been a finished work that I was uploading as I edited. Unfortunately, a hard drive crash meant I lost everything that wasn't here and I gave up the ghost. I do not believe I will ever return to it, and for that ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES