All Comments on 'Always Faithful'

by jake60

Sort by:
  • 184 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Always glad to see a cheating spouse get what they deserve. The saying is true; "Once a cheater, always a cheater"!

Frankly the stupid bitch got off easy [too easy in fact]. Like this kind of story to somewhat balance all the cluck/wimp bull shit that gets put in this category. Deb & Wayne

MikelGMikelGabout 14 years ago
new twist

well done!

jasonnhjasonnhabout 14 years ago
Fresh approach

This came at the old story of cheating in a interesting way. Nice job. I think it was funny that she was putting her friends down for playing up to their guys but she was doing it as well. They were just more open about it. Just because you are a better sneak doesn't make you virtuous. To be honest the "Dear John" letter wasn't that bad. It was the subject that was the problem, not the tone of the letter. She shouldn't have been looking around for anyone while he was on duty. However, some people are unfortunately like that. If their love isn't with them they loose the connection and don't see any problem in the fact that they did. They do lose their love. It's a character/personality defect. I know someone who does exactly this and has burned a couple of boy friends, one who went into the service and another who went out of state to get a job. They leave, she disconnects. She can't help herself. Then she can't understand why the guys hate her afterward. People can be pretty screwed up.

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Well Written and Interesting

Especially in that nothing in the story leaves me feeling comfortable. This was written to theme of once a cheat, always cheat and so can not be used to prove that people are always that way. She was weak and incautious. Adam paid the price for this and then she paid it. She may still follow Adam once she gets her head around his suicide. The point that I like the most was the reply to her protest that her second husband did not deserve what happened to him. Basically the marines invented and applied their own version of morality and she had all ready been living immorally.... It is an excellent piece of work and it got 5/5 but I did not enjoy it!

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Interesting story indeed.

As others have said a different approach to a cheating wife story. A sort of 'Honey Trap' but with a man instead of a woman doing the trapping. Anyway good story thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Correction

No Marine ever referred to another Marine as being a good soldier. Once a Marine always a Marine. Other than that. Great story.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 14 years ago
interesting story

This was a good, but sad, story. You can't say she didn't deserve what she got, but if we all got what we deserved for what we do in this life, they'd need a lot more graves, hospitals and mental hospitals. I can understand the Marines' emotions though, and it's a good revenge story. I always wonder with stories like this, about the Rest of the Story.Does she join her first ex or pick herself up and start all over again. Regardless, this is one story I overlooked by this author. I haven't read anything of his i haven't liked and he's an extremely talented writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
interesting and with an unexpected conclusion

This story is excellent, and short considering the plan that went into the revenge aspect by the Marine buddies of Adam (her first husband). Well, she did get what she deserved. She was indirectly responsible for the death of her first husband at war. The story is believable and represents a first rate story. RAG

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Great Plot Twist

Nicely executed twist on a cheating wife story.

sanman52sanman52about 14 years ago
Great story

Wonderfully constructed story and great writing. I liked the twists to the story. Definitely not what I expected. I especilly liked the irony of the wife looking down on her older coworker when she suspected that the woman was going to sleep with the man she was with all night, when she could have been looking in a mirror and have been talking about herself. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Can't Con A Honest Man

Can't fuck up a good womans marriage, well written, I enjoyed it. Thanks!

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
SPECTACULAR story in every way

the story itslf was great ...the ending a real surprise.... and the character development very good. jake60 is IMO #1 writer for me at Lit. The only one that comes close is longhorn

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 14 years ago
A very original storyline

Well constructed storyline and well written. A fast moving story written with a lot of erotic sex along with a very good plot.

Thanks for the good read.

victoriangentvictoriangentabout 14 years ago
Outstanding Writing

The story was great. However, being a 30 year veteran of the Army I would not call it revenge. I would classify that as pure sweet Justice.

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
Goody:

Saw this happen many times in NAM.

Always hated the bitches and would liked to have this happen to every one of them.

GOOD writing and good story.

Thanks: Tom. AKA Viet Vet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Very Good

Ex military myself--saw alot of this. Stayed single while in so I did not fall into the dear John letter. You know I saw alot of split up after retirements. Ex USAF active and reserves--27 years--Nam, Des. Storm

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Forgot how much I enjoy this author's stories....

....and in this one the best part about it for me, (despite the tells) was that there was no contradiction to the characters behavior, we only had her current musings and observations on fidelity to go by in extrapolating what kind of person she was. So now we know teachers suck! I am way confused though by the exclamation from her " You mean you planned all this, you planned everything that happened in Minneapolis?" .WTF? Huh? Duh?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Ridiculous

Divorce happens. If you can't handle that and commit suicide, then you shouldn't be married. A real man carries on, a wimp kills himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great

I was wondering where this was going and really enjoyed learning why this had been set up this way. Glad Janice got her and they the way they ruined her life. Well written. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
To: Mr. Ridiculous

The anonymous contributor stating that the dead Marine was a Wimp I say, you are an uninformed, totally lacking in knowledge or common sence ASS! Many soldiers have lost their lives through inattention to detail (clouded minds) and/or suicide upon receiving Dear John letters. When in the stress of combat, loving military personnel miss their mates and children fiercely and worry that nothing happens to them. These military personnel cherish the love and warmth of their loved ones more than life itself. To lose one by adultery/infidelity is heart wrenching. This was a good story asshole...Semper Fi!!!!!

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
Well done Revenge story!

First I don't know what kind of wife Brent has but, I don't know any wife that is going to let their husband fuck another woman under ANY circumstance. That being said, this story was different and refreshing!

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Unique!

Thank you for that tale. Semper Fi!!

fausttusfausttusabout 14 years ago
Proof that Jar Head are assholes

Yes payback for her might have been deserved. But the first hubbies Buddies KILLED him by not reporting his state of mind. They derseved some punishment too!! And the one Jar Head asshole commits adultery!!! Well that just show in big letters about Jar Heads!

mike2710mike2710about 14 years ago
good story

Thanks for a different take on LW 's story. A very good story. Mike from Texas.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Good story

Different. you made a LW story out of a phrase. Kudos!

anyway, where's the next chapter of "Tom Prentice"?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act 1941 as amended

She could not have divorced him or taken any action of this type. The Federal Law is enforced and her desires to be free from him while he was overseas do not /did not matter. It would be invalid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Glad you are back

We hit the jackpot with two stories after moren than a year off. Glad you are back with stories that are different and are a pleasure to read. Hope you can continue with the Tom Prentice story that you said you had additional stories to continue Tom's story.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
One of the best!

I thought it was such a fitting end to a cheating bitch story. Great idea for a story! It so had the ring of truth.

Orionman17Orionman17about 14 years ago
Tom Prentice - Any chance of continuing with Tom, Jake? Thank you.

As for Always Faithful, I liked the different kind od story as others have commented. Thank you for a great read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
WOW!!!

This is a great read!!!! Every guy needs friends like Adam had.

I never expected the ending. It was great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Sorry...

I hate it when I end up feeling sorry for the woman who cheats on her husband. And that's exactly what happened in this story.

The Marine husbad, Adam is a coward. How many military men overseas have received "Dear John" letters ? Only the cowards kill themselves because of it. And then the rest of the marines decide to get revenge on her, because her ex-husband was a coward who killed himself instead of pulling himself up by the boot straps and getting on with his bad self.

That's not revenge. Just more cowardly behaviour. This is not what Semper Fi means.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Outstanding story!

Excellent. I love a good story in which a cheating wife gets caught and pays a price. Thank you for posting, and hope to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
To sorry!

If you think it is cowardly to take your own life, consider putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger. It takes a measure of courage to do something like that, and it has nothing to do with being a coward, it has to do with an unending pain worse than any phisical pain. The bad thing about it is that it is a permanent end to a temporary problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
To Sorry ... or is it really Too Sorry

What's courageous about committing suicide? Anyone can commit suicide. ANYONE. It happens everyday in America. There is nothing brave about putting a gun in your own mouth regardless of the reason. (Ok, maybe a terminal patient has some excuse). And that's what makes it the act of a coward. As I mentioned initially, how many men have received a letter along these lines. And how many actually kill themselves? I'm not a coward so I don't consider killing myself when faced with extreme pain. There is ALWAYS another way. ALWAYS. I have way too much to live for. Face it, everyone does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

A lot of people think suicide is the coward's" way out but can you imagine the amount of willpower it takes to actually go through with it? I wouldn't say it takes courage per se, more like power to go through with something like that. Depression is a serious thing that renders the person powerless to have theri life in their life in their hands gives them that power back. Can't judge a man until you walk in their shoes.

It probably wasn't just her cheating that drove him to suicide. He was at war. The plans he had when he got back home was probably the thing that kept him going when things got ugly. To have that ripped away so callously (that letter was COLD) took that away and all he was left was the fighting and death.

Either way I don't feel sorry for Janice. Yes they set her up but she fell into that trap on hr own. No one can make you cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
revenge..the hard way

A cold gesture got one in exchange. Loyalty somewhere in world, but not with her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

The slut got only what she deserved the faithless, cold hearted bitch.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
The story not only had merit but was an excellent treatsie on revenge...

Enjoyed the story, but as I read the comments I saw that many felt the "suicide" after the Dear John letter from his wife was unique. In VietNam in the late 60's. I saw first hand how devastating bad news was to a soldier. My best friend got one just weeks before we were to ship out and while he didn't suicide he was so distracted he almost bought it and got a few of us killed also. A soldier only has his dreams and his buddies to keep him alive. Honor our service men and women and keep the faith America.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Perfection personified!

Brilliant story!

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
And Janice....

"..... We will be following you the rest of your life and this DVD will be given to every person you show any interest in whatsoever. Notice there are no timestamps on the DVD! It is our mission to ensure you live out what ever days you have left as a broken lonely women and die taking Adams revenge to your grave."

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good Story.

If I was Janice they would aways be looking over their shoulders.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AN AGE OLD STORY

what you dont want for an enemy is a pissed off marine. TK U MLJ LV NV

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
I rated the unrealistic garbage 1*.

Complete nonsense that someone, especially a marine, would go to that much time and expense to seduce a woman in the hopes it might lead to a divorce.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
NOT SEMPER FI

BUT SIN FI. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck knows nonsense

The idiot spews it here often enough

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck knows nonsense

The idiot spews it here often enough

drtsdrtsover 12 years ago
BEST

One of the best I have read here.. Taking care of our own...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Great

I HATE cheating slut wives. The revenge for their friend was done completely. She can start walking the streets now to get her cunt filled. Fuck her.

HA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Good

nice write, why do I like your stories, its nice to know you reap what sow....bill

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
love the story but

a Marine would never say "He was a great soldier" - a soldier is Army a Marine is always a Marine. gave u a 5 anyway

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Additional technical issues

Artliiiery shells would make good mines, but they would not be considered IEDs.

Modern artillery shells don't use shrapnel. They are fragmentation devices, that is, the shells are prescored and the explosives rip them into fragments which, along with concussive effect, cause the damage. Same as the old hand greanades, hence the phrase "fragging someone".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Grew up in a Navy town -

And I could never understand the women who screwed around when their men were on sea duty! I guess they just wanted an easy life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

While revenge on a cheating wife is always fun, a few words should be said about the dead husband. Only a gutless coward kills himself, and only a sellout puts the lives of his fellow soldiers at risk by committing suicide on an IED. Always faithful? No, you leave your friends hanging on the battlefield or a hostile zone by deliberately killing yourself, you're nothing but a damned traitor. He could have at least had the decency to take it somewhere private, put a gun in his mouth and do the deed rather than putting his brothers at risk.

That they are loyal to him even though he is completely undeserving of it says something for them, but it's impossible to feel any sympathy for the worthless bastard. There's also something to be said about a guy who would cheat on his wife just to get revenge on someone else's. Brent's a pig, violating his vows, even if his wife did suggest it. Of course she was jealous. She probably thought he had better sense than to go through with it.

Well-written story, intriguing plot and rating it highly for that, but the appeal of the characters is almost non-existent.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
The final sentence of the story: "Oh, and Janice, one day we'll come for you so keep looking over your shoulder".

Even if they didn't mean it, it would be a great way to keep the pain going.

karan9876karan9876over 11 years ago
nice read.

She deserved it. The title rightly says always faithful as fidelity is important in a relationship. Too bad some women dont feel so.

rvwsrvwsover 11 years ago
Semper Fi

Right on. And yes artillery shells can be wired together with detination cord to make an IED. The worthless tramp got exactly what she deserved. ONCE A CHEATER, ALWAYS A CHEATER

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

Interesting twist and well written. I was guessing that Brent was a setup by her husband trying to catch her cheating. Oh, well.

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
"Hold Fast Hold"

DF127 Aplha

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Semper Fi - don't fuck with the Brotherhood

Well thought out, this story could easily happen as a lot of wife's left in the States found greener pastures some permanently some once and awhile. For me women likfe Janet make me want to vomit on them.

imhaplessimhaplessover 11 years ago
Very original

Along with decent sex, but it was the originality that caused me to give it a 5

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Second Comment

What a low-life. Cheated and divorced her husband while he was defending our country then cheated on her new asshole husband with someone else. Fuck her and all like her.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
Live by the cheat, die by the cheat

Once a cheater always a cheater. That is who she is, a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
bitch might as well be dead

but thankfully, they left her alive so she could suffer

maybe we'll get lucky, and she'll kill her worthless self

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good Story

Shame they couldn't have talked her into greasing herself, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
She did nothing wrong by telling her first husband that it was over while he was in active duty.

The coward wasn't a true Marine.

The stupid pussy took his own life, she's better off without him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Heh

Clearly, the last comment was left by someone who never served in combat. Another armchair warrior talking shit, what a bore.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Poetic JUSTICE. A unfaithful woman should never marry especially a soldier in combat.

Janice was a perfect example of everything a person shouldn't hope to be in any way shape or form. What Janice did was totally despicable from any moral person's perspective. A person in harms way needs their wits about them. Her email was both selfish and demonic. Much worse was her whitish behavior to entangle her emotionally to another. The revenge was thoughtful and civil. At anytime, she could've outed from the situation in the setup but as predicted, she didn't. I feel the colleagues or brothers as you will, they had a moral obligation to avenge him. Janice got off much easier than she deserved. Jake60, you did a great job in presenting this very well prepared story. "SEMPER FI"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow...

As I was first reading this I was thinking how naive she was and what Lying predator he was...

Now seeing that it wasn't so much that she didn't know she was being seduced as she didn't really care that much (I mean really, how stupid would you have to be to believe he was telling the truth about not hitting on her because he was happily married and not WONDER why he would have condoms in his room...??? And wouldn't the lobby or a restaurant, I don't know, have been a BETTER place for an innocent person to agree to talk when looking for somewhere quieter...?) And it turns out he did have ulterior motives but they weren't sleazy as they could have at first been - BTB in care of the victim...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
not far fetched

Having served during the Vietnam Name "conflict", i've been witness to many Dear John letters....and their devastating effect. I served for six years and saw very few wives who didn't stray. They were true low lifes .

TheNextGuyTheNextGuyabout 10 years ago

The direction this story went in the last few scenes was very surprising. It sounds like a viable possibility to me, though I have never served or been in combat, so I wouldn't know how far old military buddies would go for each other. That said, the story was written well and I enjoyed it. Thanks!

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Not buddies - brothers

Man saves your life in-country, that's a bond as thick as blood.

Brent's wife is a saint.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
One Missed Aspect

Non-serving military spouses who's spouse gets deployed, frequently has no clue the stress it will place them under. A significant number of these end in divorce frequently via infidelity or incompatibility. At times the spouse needs psychiatric counseling or attempts / commits suicide. In my 6 years in I saw this all to often. Sadly.

Because she was weak and likely didn't realize what being married to a deployed Marine entails, his fellow Marine's condemn multiple lives to ruin.

Great writing even if the lack of accuracy was intentional or not.

Thx.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The bad part of her cheating was

that she probably got the insurance money from the military when he died.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
Semper Fi, indeed. Although I was a Navy Corpsman I had a lot of respect for Marines.

I, too, have seen some of the devastating effect of "Dear John" letters. If a woman is going to be unfaithful (and there are many reasons) the least she could do is to wait until her husband of BF was out of the combat zone. I have no respect for sluts that care so little for their husbands that they would do them this way. Or get pregnant while they are gone and expect the husband to just accept the bastard (through no fault of his own) child. War is Hell and unfaithful wives and GF just make it more so. I consign them all to Hell, they deserve worse. Excellent story, thank you for writing.

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
Hooah!

I know, it's "Oorah" in the Corps, but I was 2nd Ranger Batt. US Army. Don't hate. Much respect for the Corps here, too. I've also seen the effects of "Dear John" letters and worse. A few cheating wives actually sent videos of themselves to their husbands of them with another man. The effects on our platoon were devastating.

I understand why my Mom didn't inform me of my ex-fiancé's affair while I was over there, and I thank God for that now.

This tale is for ALL the servicemen and women serving overseas. Cheaters are responsible for battlefield casualties when shit like this happens, and if you think that isn't so, then you need some wall to wall counseling. RLTW and "Semper Fi".

5 Solid Stars.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
It worked for me

Second read - I did not leave a comment the first -

She earned what happened and Brant was an interesting guy with a more interesting wife - she got it and sacrificed for the brotherhood.

Janice failed to see - actions have consequences - this is not new stuff here - Dear Johns and Janes have been around for a long time - the impact has always involved more than just the person who got the letter.

The stories are legend about warriors who got letters telling them about the betrayal and went nuts and became martyrs or hero's. Truth be told none of the senders are worth being dead over.

Now maybe she has a clue - along with some RL readers - but then again stupid is not curable.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
SEMPER FI SOMETIMES ENTAILS PAYBACKS

for revenge of torts inflicted, TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Second time through

A fun read with a fitting twist. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to anon re a good loving wife tale

As an intelligent reader eh you can determine what type of story you are about to embark on by hints on the title or short sentence that follows. I don't like cuckold stories that portray hubby as cuckold fanatic, thus I avoid them. Quite simple. To resolve your problem is to become a selective informed reader or get your head out of your ass. Great story! SEMPER FI

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Semper Fi

OOOHHH Rah!

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

Now that was a good one! It looked for a bit that she might back out going to his room, but the drinks loosened her up I recon. The gyrenes had her pegged very well. Cheers!

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Compelling JUSTICE with a twist of revenge.

I guess this superbly written tale exemplifies the adage that a leopard doesn't change their spots. Janice was pegged accurately by her exes avenging angels.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Brought It On Herself

As I think someone else said, all she had to do was keep her legs closed and stay faithful to her second husband and she would have been ok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

They were not done.

The 2nd husband, the one carried on with the wife of a guy fighting overseas.

He is scum. He deserves worse then her.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
A Cheater Is A Cheater Is A Cheater!

I wasn't sure where this story was going as I began reading. The ending really surprised me and I wanted to shout for joy. This woman is a cheater and will cheat on any guy that happens to marry her. The guy that set this up didn't have to work to hard to get her to cheat. I also agree her ex husband should be punished for cheating with her while her husband was in the service. They are the lowest of the low. Thanks for a sad but wonderful story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
Hmmm...

The last two commenters said it. Even though she was a cheating cunt, the jerkoff lover knew she was married and screwed her anyway. So hopefully both cheaters have miserable lives.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
To bad they couldn't find a pig pen

to put the second husband in. He should have died and been fed to the hogs. Saw a lot of that shit during Viet Nam. Lot of good men died because their cunt wives listened to the news and the "hippies" about the war and their husbands. Makes a bad situation worse to the point of being intolerable. The enemy can't do anything worse to our soldiers than our own people do on a daily basis. Hats off to all that serve and to all that wait faithfully.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

nice ending. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
so wait

This brent asshole broke fidelity with aka cheated on his own wife for revenge? No wo'm en . Would agree to t h at sort of self serving hypocrisy, and the asshole should eat a bullet for showing fidelity to his friends but not his faithful wife.

0 stars for turning honorable matines into dirty cunts who dont believe in their own matital vows. Disrespectful shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Anon

You are an idiot. Brent's wife told Brent to screw the bitch since her "Dear John" caused her first husband's death.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Additional Thought

“I can't help that I fell in love with someone else” – You could help that you were in a situation where you could get to know someone well enough to fall in love with them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Her Character

She was portrayed rather inconsistently if you ask me. At first she seemed concerned with propriety but she had zero internal dialog as she slowly went down that cheatin' path that contradicted everything or most of what we knew of her at that point.

The Semper Fi plot development was a real nice twist on things. It was farfetched but it still came off acceptably.

The story would have had more depth if Miss Cheatin' Goody Two Shoes had her wayward character fleshed out. All sorts of little steps were taken and she just kept inexplicably sippin' the mickey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Typical idiots

They want to whine instead of sucking it up and getting on with their life as hundreds of thousands of the previous generations have, and leaving the past alone.

Mordant96Mordant96about 8 years ago
Professional Writing

You should submit your manuscripts to be published by a mainstream book publisher. I would pay money for a longer version of any of your stories.

Perhaps an anthology of your Literotica offerings as Daniel Q Steele has done?

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Further Thoughts

“You've ruined my life!” – No, YOU ruined your life by not keeping your legs together!

“I'm trying hard to make it up to her, and we're going to be all right." – Why “make it up to her”? SHE volunteered you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Couldn't make it work for me .....

I found it difficult to fit in to the format of this story and by the end of the tale I found that it left me feeling quite uncomfortable. I guess I couldn't agree with the tactics the former marines used against the woman. I fully expected date-rape drugs to have been employed. Overall, it was too harsh.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Well played ,

Author , well played.

Anyone who has ever sent the infamous "Dear John" letter to a spouse deployed overseas , who is the ultimate coward , deserves all the bad karma in the world !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story

The Marine husband was not a whimp! It's only the feminazises and the girly boys who would think that way. Also they would not like the retribution that his widow received.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 8 years ago
Marine Green

Thru the ages....Semper Fi.

Some commentator said "harsh"...? They don't know what harsh is. Payback. Nothing wrong with it...and I think they paid it back very well. We never leave our dead.

dglnowdglnowalmost 8 years ago
Not a happy ending

If everything the marines said about Janice was true, then she deserves some sort of consequence. But not the consequence that they, the marines, cooked up for her. Telling her how her husband loved her deeply and took his own life would have been enough. So they took it way too far in exacting revenge. So by their standards then they too should pay for their scheming and retribution. I suggest you write a sequel where the marines get their consequences but not from or driven by Janice, but by life or the law instead. Also please show at least an attempt at reconciliation between Janice and her current husband. Yes, she could have said no to her infidelity so she is not without blame, but she was tricked. And her husband quitting his job and leaving, that's pretty extreme no matter how devastated he was by Janice's betrayal. So extreme, I question his sanity. But it shows, once again, how couples don't communicate enough.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous