Amelia & Andrew: The Diamond Legacy Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
donalde
donalde
205 Followers

Susan helped Amelia and Andrew with developing their mental skills and on controlling their primal side. Susan quickly realized that Amelia still had a lot of trouble controlling her jealousy and knew that this could be used against her. She started placing Andrew in circumstances where he closely interacted with women and made Amelia watch while Gloria, Catherine and herself restrained Amelia. Slowly Amelia learned to control her jealousy, which also helped her to control her baser self.

Scott, Neil and Mitch were converting the family room into a proper command center. They set an area to sort and catalog any intelligence they received on Amsu or his cohorts. Mark was trying to map out all of Amsu considerable assets. The longer he worked on it them more impressed he became with his accountant skills at hiding and protecting his clients resources. Mark had managed to piece enough together in order to show he was definitely receiving a large amount of money from Rodrigues and the Rios Cartel.

It had taken almost two months for Amelia and Andrew to learn enough to survive in their new world. The two for them had learned to control not only their powers but also more importantly their baser selves It quickly became apparent just how interdepended they were on each other. The two of them seemed to be able to strengthen one and another to the point that their individual weaknesses disappeared. Both Charles and Susan knew this was both a great asset but it could become a major liability. Both Charles and Susan knew that most likely, the surviving partner would die instantly and if by some off chance they didn't, he or she would definitely become a rogue.

During the time of Amelia and Andrew's training, Emma had reopened the club and it was busier than ever. She had hired Catherine to act as her personal assistant and to help her by managing the office for her. The two of them were quickly becoming like sisters. When Scott couldn't take her to her doctor visits, Emma would then they would go out to lunch and shopping. Emma was also helping Catherine with lose of her abilities.

Susan offered Scott a job as the managing Philadelphia's branch of Biomedtronic. Scott seemed to take on his role like a fish to water the employees liked and respected him, as did the customers. He was willing to take a cut in his percentages for larger customers which invariable lead to him getting larger orders this made Susan extremely happy. He had also managed to hire a couple of human chemist that had developed a new preservative for blood and blood products while it would be years for the FDA to approve it the preservative was perfect for the true customers of the business. BRP-60 extended the shelf life of the blood products by three fold and it allowed blood to be stored at room temperature. The only down side was slight after taste to the blood treated with the chemical.

Amelia and Andrew were finally ready to start their hunt for Amsu. The only trouble was it seemed after he landed at LAX a fact, confirmed by security cameras. He was seen getting into a taxicab and neither he nor the cab has been seen since. The owner of the cab had reported it stolen. He had parked it in front of his home after his shift the night before and it was gone when he went to leave for work the next day. Charles and Susan had used every contact they had to see if any of the other enforcers had had him assassinated. Every one of them had denied any knowledge of his disappearance.

After some, searching Charles had managed to track down why Amsu was in LA he was supposed to meet with Joseph Kingston he was the owner of a financial investment firm. It specialized in helping vampire to diversify their money and keep it hidden from the humans a task that was becoming increasingly more difficult with the advent of modern financial regulations especially in the United States. He claimed that Amsu had contacted about taking over managing his portfolio. He stated that Amsu had claimed he was having some legal issues and needed new blood to manage his assets. They were supposed to meet the night after he had arrived but Amsu never showed up.

Charles asked Mark and Andrew to look at the financial records of Layla and Amsu other top lieutenants. After an extensive search, they could find no movement of any capital out of any of Layla accounts. She was still receiving her salary and dividends form her investments. The only money that was being used was items that she had set up on automatic payments. It was as if she had dropped off the face of the earth. The rest of his top people all seem to be going on with business as usual but they are all in the Middle East and Northern Africa as far as they could tell.

The one major thing noted during Marks and Andrew's investigation was that Amsu was no longer receiving payments from the Rios Cartel. The payments to him were about one hundred and twenty-four million Pesos a month that were deposited into four vampire ran internet banks. The question is why the payments were suddenly stopped. Charles was sure that his creator was alive and as everyone knew, he would most definitely know if he wasn't.

Monday of the third week into their search for Amsu, Catherine had doctors and Scott had a meeting with a vampire that was also a scientist. He claimed he had a formula for a synthetic blood product that was almost perfected but he needed more capital to finish his research. Scott had requested that Susan and a couple of her top scientist be present at this meeting. Susan of course quickly agreed seeing the income potential as almost unlimited. Emma was happily going to go with Catherine .When Amelia heard she asked if Gloria and her could tag along then they all could go to lunch and then out shopping. Linda saw the other ladies getting ready to leave and excitedly asked if she could tag along. Mitch and Dawn went along to act as security. Andrew had insisted that Amelia carry her Glock. They went to the mid wife Agatha who reported that all was going perfect. They then headed down town to the shopping area. They all had a pleasant lunch then started their shopping there was a large crowd gathered around one of the entrances of the mall and a bunch of press there. They all decided it would be best to avoid the area and started to head back to where they were parked. They had just taken a step when they heard a young man shout, "Vampires!"

The man quickly withdrew a gun and started firing the first round struck Catherine in her right breast the second round grazed the side of her face. Amelia quickly knocked Catherine to the ground while she withdrew her weapon. She fired twice striking the man in the chest he shuddered with the impact of the bullets but didn't go down. Amelia was just about to change her aim to his head when a round from his weapon struck her in the right wrist causing her to drop her weapon. She was then hit in the shoulder.

Gloria heard the gunfire erupt and immediately tackled and bodily covered Emma. She watched the exchange of gunfire and saw Amelia lose her weapon when she was struck in the arm and Gloria wanted to retrieve the weapon but was afraid to expose Emma to the gunfire so she stayed put.

Dawn quickly moved Linda behind her and withdrew her weapon but unfortunately had no clear line of fire. She started to move to her right to clear her returning fire unfortunately all hell had broken lose when the gunfire had started and everyone was scrambling for cover. Mitch who had been at the back of the group had decided to race ahead to get the van opened for the ladies and as a result was out of position when the gun fire had erupted. He raced back just in time to see Amelia get wounded and quickly tackled the person who was firing at his charges. Just as he hit the guy, he heard the man shout, "Go back to hell!"

The man pulled a wire that was attached to two metal canisters strapped to his chest and instantly exploded into flames. Even before Mitch had a chance to scream, he was gone. Linda let lose a blood-curdling scream and her eyes went to black orbs as her body went rigid. She stopped moving and she had gone to join her mate.

********

Scott was in a meeting with Susan and the new scientist when he felt the pain and anger from his mate just before he felt Mitch and Linda die. He looked over to Susan and saw that she had felt them die also. Scott and Susan quickly excused themselves from the meeting and he called Catherine while Susan tried Emma.

Charles was talking with Andrew, Neil and Mark when Andrews eyes went black for a moment then he quickly grabbed his cell and dialed Amelia's number he knew that something had happened and much to his dismay Mitch and Linda were no longer with them. Neil had felt the loss also and his mates distress and tried to call her. Charles was just getting ready to dial his cell when it rang.

**********

Dawn heard Linda's scream and quickly turned but it was already too late she was gone and her body was already mummifying. She didn't survive the loss of her mate, which in a way Dawn was glad, it would have been a real disaster to have to deal with a rogue vampire while being filmed. It was already bad enough that they had been seen by so many witnesses and with all of the pandemonium, there was no way to contain it. She wondered how much the camera's had caught. She knew that they had been invisible to the cameras but the results of their actions weren't and neither was Linda's body. Dawn quickly gathered the others and started to herd them towards the van. She picked up Catherine, who was having a bit of trouble moving from her injuries, and carried her to the van. Thankfully none of the wounds were life threatening. Gloria went to retrieve Linda's body. "Leave it! We have to get out of here now." Dawn ordered.

Gloria grimaced but held her tongue and quickly followed the others. The Human authorities were quickly responding to the scene and they only had minutes to get away. They all got into the van and everyone cell phone started ringing.

************

Charles answered the phone and heard." Hello son I trust you are in good health. By the way have you seen the news, If not you should turn on channel six." Then the phone went dead.

Charles was shocked when he turned the television on.

donalde
donalde
205 Followers