All Comments on 'Amnesia Ch. 06'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoying the story, but I'm unclear why Magda was at the present asking about a missing person. A cop like Martin would have asked about that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

“she was pretending he was travelling on business during the week” – That means that she found him. Wouldn’t the kids want to see him on the weekends?

So she’s estranged from her sister. Why should that prevent her from telling Martin who she thought the woman was? And why wouldn’t Magda identify herself at the precinct?

“then [shit himself] again when his lawyer tells him that his plea bargain ain't going to keep him out of jail." – Wouldn’t the lawyer have been involved with the plea deal?

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

I would think that her daughters’ reconciliation would make Mama Novak forgive Tony’s Hungarian cooking!

I’m still a little confused – when Magda went to the precinct, why didn’t she have Tony’s picture, and for that matter, did she say her husband’s name?

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
Ok, to give Magda ten benefit of the doubt...

maybe she was being decent and has outgrown her need or desire to steal Nina's guys.

If so, I could see her wanting to HELP find "Tony", but because of their history, she didn't want to be the ONE to find him...

So by going to police stations and/or maybe other places professing to be his wife and looking for him she hoped if someone ever found him they'd CONTACT his wife...

Of course, the flipside to that...? If Nina SO wanted to find her husband WHY wasn't SHE going everywhere...? Screw "I had THEM send the report", she should have been leaving no stone unturned...and she should have continued to return to those places checking on the status on a regular basis... not like she had anything better to do...

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Re: Magda

Even if her going to the precinct was innocent, as I asked when we thought it was Nina, why didn't she have a photo of Tony?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Milano/Marino Again!

This time within the same chapter you used both last names!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
?

In response to 60 year old George.Nina told Toni that her mother must have mentioned it.As I am a kindhearted guy I think that Magda was trying to find him to heal the twenty year rift between her and Nina.Of course,on the other hand, she may have just wanted to find him and then fuck his brains out!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
usual fine writing,but strange plot

You write a fine mystery, but you always leave an unanswered question in your chapters. If Magda had not talked to her sister for 20 years, how did she know that husband was missing. She was running around to police atations early in your story and noone knew who she was. Now suddenly she and Nina are bosom buddies,Magda sounds suspicious to me. Good story though.

60 year old George

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Most of the tension gone, but still delightful

It seems that all the ducks are lining up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
denoument

Nobody asked Magda why she went looking for Tony?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous