All Comments on 'Amnesty'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 241 Comments
Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
what kind of boys did he have

the whole thing was fucked up, what kind of friends are those guys? 5stars

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
My brother is in Fargo due to the flat economy !

This was a very choppy but provocative read. The husband & wife were hardheaded to highest degree & it was tiring to follow both of them playing chicken with their marriage. The economic realities were admirably depicted & very realistic ( as my brother can testify ) .

One of Slirpuff's strongest points is bringing ' the real world ' into these sagas of marital discord. Yet this couple never had my full empathy due to each having nuclear responses to low grade marital felonies . Thankfully most of these destructive face-offs went on without the kids being in the immediate vicinity.

I appreciate the skill in this story though this doesn't rank with Slirpuff's first tier achievements. He has written many submissions that have touched me on a emotional level. This individual effort must settle fir the raising of a bemused eyebrow. I acknowledge, however , his talent, persistence, hard work & look forward to his next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
another great story from slirpuff

good read, live like,it does happen. stuborn couples let things go to far and the ending is not pretty. both are paying a price for it even thou they love one another.

WanderingaimlesslyWanderingaimlesslyalmost 12 years ago
Wow

That was a tough read. The escalation (biggest game of chicken) was intense, lol nobody blinked emotional blood and guts everywhere. Lived in central Alaska for over 8 years so I could feel that cold you were referring to. The real life feel was also an emotional snag. Over all I liked the story and the outcome. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
junior high again

as with all SP stories the characters behave like 10 year olds. got boring real fast, became tedious, then turned unbearable.

PultoyPultoyalmost 12 years ago
This is a fine story.

Thank you for writing this story. It is realistic, has edge on it and the things which you write about here are feasible.

You've created good emotion, told this well.

I rated it 5*****.

Regards,

-Pultoy

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Very good

I got emotionally involved in it. The 'evidence' really showed hubby sexually assaulted. Hubby broke the first rule: don't get passed-out drunk around women. He then broke the second rule: always apologize and ask for forgiveness when the wife is pissed, even if it isn't really your fault. Hubby was stubborn and rather selfish. It doesn't matter if he was technically "right." He should have, early and often, said: "Baby, I screwed up. I didn't mean to do it. I didn't think I did it. I was passed out. But, it was my fault for being so drunk and stupid to let that happen. I am so sorry. It will never happen again. Please forgive me. Just this once, please don't give up on me." Instead, he went into denial and excuse mode. While he was right, in that he was passed out, she needed to hear the apologies, not the excuses.

His drawing the line in the sand was, ultimately, absolutely necessary. But, he again did it as an aggressive ultimatum. He wouldn't back down. His wife, seeing the marriage imploding, did try and bridge the gap, and then he bails. Pretty shitty to do that to his wife and (especially) his kids. Totally wrong.

This kind of shit happens, though, and I related to the 'realness" of it.

Full marks.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 12 years ago
Hmmm

I notice our intrepid bushman failed to mention the daliance or two he had up north.... A wise decision.

FD45FD45almost 12 years ago
He did apologize

and apologize and apologize, at least according to the story.

He didn't let go of a central point of pride: he did not go willingly into that black hole!

His wife wouldn't believe that one point.

And thus the drama.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
is it his child?

If she's out getting drunk with her girl friends, is he sure the baby is his?

thebulletthebulletalmost 12 years ago
not again!!!

As soon as he took her while she was drunk and then took off, I figured this was another of those: 'he left her pregnant but didn't know it' stories. How many of those do we have to put up with?

Just occasional originality, that's what I'm asking. The writing was okay. But the Hardheads story was already done be JPB years ago. And I think he left her pregnant without knowing it in that one, too, though I'd have to look it up.

I like good writing. But I guess I selfishly like something different as well.

There really are a universe of plot lines available. The writers who take the trouble to discover a new one are the writers I personally gravitate towards.

4* for good writing, but please, God, develop a different plot next time.

rvwsrvwsalmost 12 years ago
Rule number 10 of the man code

10. Never under any circumstances allow recording devices or cell phones at a stag party. Confiscate all of them and lock them away. What happens at a stag party, stays at a stag party.

That is the moral of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
great work

other authors take lessons. this is what loving wives is all about.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
spot on

Maturity level of the characters match the level of most of these readers - when these 12 year olds reach high school it will be a whole 'nother world - 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
This guy

...is a terrible father, and that makes him less of a man than any cuckold.

What kind of person is willing to miss out on fourteen months of their children's lives, if they have any say in the matter whatsoever???

nakdsubnakdsubalmost 12 years ago
I got caught up emotionally...

During the escalating fight. For that, (bring out the emotions) I gave it 5* However,

I'm not sure if the author was trying to portray the wife as being strong, or cold!

To me, she came off very cold and I could not see me going back to her. I would find some way to be there for the kids, but not a cold bitch.

I think 3 words would have changed my mind, but never once during the whole story did the wife tell her hubby, "I love you." The mother says they love each other, but the wife never says it once. A per spot to put those 3 words would have been at the park when they were talking. So, I would have voted no reconciliations here.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
ANON - his child

Anon - read the story (somewhat carefully)! She got DNAs of the 3 kids. All have the same mother and father. Unless she has had a Bull for most of the marriage, David is Hubby's kid!

I thought the story was good! Duplicating his claim was super-stupid (as Hubby/Slir acknowledged in the tale). Him leaving before she woke up (eliminating major gloat points) was totally unrealistic. It was a last chance to get back on (some) track ... and he would be able to reclaim his job. Good writing mechanics!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Thanks, Slurpy

another piece of your good work!

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanalmost 12 years ago
As written

these two will be divorced in the near future. Absence does not make the heart grow fonder. Believe it or not the wife's insecurities and isolation from her husband will lead her astray. She never admitted completely that the break in their marriage was wholely her fault. Without that growth she will be the center point of future problems. She did not fight for her marriage and I can't see her doing it in the future. I gave this *****.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago
The double standard strikes again

If a woman was passed out drunk, and a guy has sex with her, her husband sees a video of it, would he accuse her of cheating? Give her the cold shoulder over it for four months? NO! Everybody and his dog would be up in arms over the rapist...

How convenient that Kate broke the DVD, destroying the evidence that her husband WAS passed out.

Yeah, they both screwed up (especially Steve, in his choice of friends!), and were incredibly pigheaded. Call me vindictive, but I wonder why Steve left before Kate woke up the next day. It would've been the perfect time to say "I told you so", and THEN leave her.

A niggling thought....Steve fucked Kate twice while she was passed out. The next day, wouldn't Kate feel sore down there? She may not remember it, but she'd know something had happened.

For a guy though, a blowjob wouldn't leave any evidence, especially after a cleanup. And ofcourse, the DVD did NOT show whether he reacted to the blowjob either, only that the hooker started sucking on him.

Steve's point still stands though, he fucked Kate twice, and she didn't remember a thing.

I agree with thebullet. I just KNEW he'd left her pregnant, with the entire freaking town knowing, but not him. Ofcourse....

And Steve's mom?

"My mother was not letting it go. "The good book says Jesus forgave the men that nailed him to the cross." She pointed her index finger at me. "And you can't forgive a stupid woman who overreacted and made a few mistakes in judgment?"

I wonder if she ever said those words about forgiveness and Jesus to Kate?

It's a nice story, but yeah, it does read like they were hormonally overreacting teenagers.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Decent

Interesting story. Steve didn't knowingly cheat and Kate didn't believe him. Lack of trust destroys marriages. In the end they reconciled but it will never be the same.

New rule in life:

No video at stag parties.

HA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Judas

he guzzled the hot jizz, cornhole took a reaming, betrayed!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 12 years ago
Good story

What I really liked about this story is the consequences that both parties had to live with due to their stubborn behavior. No winning the lottery or rich uncle dying. Consequences are indeed a bitch, but this couple seems to facing their self-created difficulty at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Well written, but he was an idiot to take her back

Let's add this up: He gets drunk under conditions where he will not drive. That is no sin.

While drunk and passed out, he is the victim of Sexual Assault second (possible first, depending on jurisdiction).

And his astronomically stupid wife blames HIM ?

I'd have sought divorce within 48 hours. And I say that having been married 26 years. If my wife doesn't have my back when I am the victim or a crime, I'm outta' here.

Nonetheless, engaging and well-written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Some Missing Points

Set aside her stubborn determination to believe only what SHE wanted and not give him any room to prove his innocence - you missed something.

During the months she treated him with cold indeifference and loathe, she started going out and coming in later and later. You wrote that he wondered how she was handling her urges because she was usually as horny as him. This is a vindictive bitch and I would have to believe that she had one or two trysts during that period. Hubby never challenged her?

He's back and she talks down to him, no soft and hopeful words of trying to work it out - just cold 'Make up Your Mind - or else'. I would have said sorry, I did love you, always will, I am not guilty, I refuse to spend the rest of my life being told I'm guilty and while I'll always remember what I thought was good years and love - I need to find someone who not only believes in me - but trusts me!

He made up with her for the kids sake and a little for what he remembered what was good BUT - she'll start something again and it will be the last time.

Too Bad, she had a really good husband but a woman like her usually ends up with a man who will screw her over, just want sex and be with the boys---it would serve her right. She treats the right guy - wrong!

Just a story, well done - Thanks!1

cpetecpetealmost 12 years ago
You know you have a good story when

Posters keep giving advise as if this was a real life story. The auhor has managed to pen a tale so convincely that posters are writing ways the drama could have been averted!

Of course without drama -there would have been no story. The tale would have been pretty short and boring if wife would have forgiven/laughed off/ignored the batcholer party blow job.

Well done to have written so real to life that the line between fact & fiction are so blurred you sucked us all in (me too). Thanks so much for writing. Always enjoy your stuff.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Well written and a pretty good story line. I always am amazed how characters (based on real people of course) can get so stubborn and so pig headed that they create all sorts of problems for themselves and everyone around them. This story was pretty good in that the two got back together, which they should since nothing ever really happened at the party in the first place. I love it that Kate has to spend some time in North Dakota in the winter because she deserves it in spades. If not for the kids and the new baby he should have kept right on going and never, ever looked back. I am sure she would not do it again, but who knows with a woman as stubborn as Kate. One thing I do know, he will never come back if she does it again.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Cpete is right on point of course. I read all the comments after I made mine and the strength of a story is that you forget it is fiction and react as it is reality. This story had the essential ring of reality and I could see these two as though they were next door neighbors.

Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
the wife was a bitch. a totally unjustified bitch

the first time he left her, before the wine, should have been the last time

and give her the money back, are you kidding

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Excellent Story

Fascinating that the final price for the foolishness was high for both of them. It was done very realistically. The day she came home drunk probably would have ended it for me.... Perhaps after she told me that she went for months taking birth control pills without giving me any action (It is there if you look for it!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
nice one for

the multitude of eunuchs dry-humping this category because they've never been in a relationship. author hits a home run for those kids with the bed-wetting behavior of the immature couple whose actions seem plausible to those who've never had a ltr.

warthog50warthog50almost 12 years ago
I guess

Certainly proves that human beings can be hard headed, hardhearted, and self destructive. Thanks.....I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
SOMETIMES fargoNE IS NEARBY

LOVE often erases the lines of knowing self and growth. The freeze frame attitude and behavior cultivated by parents of both matriarchal and patriarchal cultures needs to be dropped. This is a great adventure, i appreciated sharing. One of the seeds found in the depth of your strokes is the inherent pain manifested in love, while true love makes it wonderfully bearable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
The first Slirpuff story I didn't utterly despise

Usually it's because the writing stinks to high heaven; and while this one had some problems, it's generally okay.

The wife was a little too relentlessly stupid for me. Other than that, not bad. Litotes, I suppose, but heartfelt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

It's hard to like either of the characters in this story. The wife is a hardheaded bitch who is perfectly willing to destroy her marriage by not accepting the obvious fact that her husband was sexually assaulted, and we as the readers know from the husband's recap of the party and whining about the videos that came out after that he lied to his wife repeatedly about knowing about the hookers at the party and his friends cheating on their wives, even if he was passed out when the hooker basically raped him. Yeah, I'm putting part of the blame on his shoulders. As written, he knew exactly what kind of party it was, happily took part in the drinking and gaming and watching all his buddies act so horribly that it later resulted in three divorces.

Worse, both husband and wife are willing to use their children as weapons and destroy those same children's hearts and lives just to get back at each other.

It's realistically written, because people are this shitty, but the characters are miserable excuses for human beings and it's hard to enjoy the apparent happy ending knowing that they'll likely end up divorced later for being so thickheaded.

Well-written, and entertaining to the extent of watching the train wreck of fictional character lives.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
AMNESTY DOESNT MEAN GUILT OR INNOCENSE

or that all is forgiven, only that its pardonable. TK U MLJ LV NV

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3almost 12 years ago
Lousy Story!

Stupid is as stupid does. These two belong together but their kids should leave them. First of all, the wives knew what kind of party 17 guys would hold so what if some videos get out! Kate is a stupid bitch. She sees her husband lying in a bed not moving or touching the stripper and the stripper doing all of the action. Huh! Should she get pissed - yes but trash her marraige over it was too stupid. Then we have the husband running away to a place where he get paid less and hates to live - boy is that showing her - NOT. I guess they both cheated on each other during the husband's absence. Next everyone keeps the secret of his baby away from him because he might come back to take care of his parental responsbilites? Huh again! What is the difference between him finding out after six months or when he returned to visit? He did not return to reconcil with his wife. So this couple is surrounded by stupid people. Lastly, what a romantic reunion when they met after the husband's absence- could he get a few more weeks to think about returning to his family? Overall, I found this story one of your worse primarily because of the characters. I usually love your stories but this one was painful to read. I do look forward to the next one..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
YouTube?

There is no way material like that would be posted there. xHamster or YouPorn, maybe.

ErotonautErotonautalmost 12 years ago
Two idiots

They're both as stupid as each other: Kate for the way she treated him, Steve for running off without seeing whether she changed her mind and forgave him after that drunken night together. (Incidentally, the baby seems rather special: one moment he's in his grandma's arms, the next in Kate's -- is he able to teleport?)

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 12 years ago
disagree wholeheartedly with cpete and any who thought that this was a good story and realistic....

....and getting lot's of comments doesn't say jackshit about whether it's a quality story or realistic, of course with all the easy readers giving out 5's these days everyone gets a Pulitzer.Slir can do much better but not without the difficult work it takes to build a solid plot. And if half your readers protest the bizarre behaviors in a story you got a problem.

almc1245almc1245almost 12 years ago
One of Us

This is not a comment on this story in particular, but this author.

Of all the authors in this genre of LW, I think he JUST GETS IT. His characters are easy to identify with (been there, done that, got the T-shirt to prove it). No Navy Seals or CIA; he is not some high paid CEO or all-powerful lawyer, nor has he won the lottery or inherited a fortune. He is just your average day-to-day working stiff; making a living for what is important to him – his family. He screws up just as much as his life-mate and is willing to recognize his own failures. Too many of the stories promote the husband as near perfect with no flaws at all. But above all he has a handle on the dynamics of the marriage relationship. I think he has the ebb and flow down pat.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 12 years ago
This story rubs me the wrong way

The premise of the story seems to be that everyone has some responsibility. This is a typical counseling philosophy, all have some responsibility. Well bullshit!

Steve goes to a bachelor party and pretty much behaves himself, showing far more discretion than everyone else there. He drinks a bit much and zonks out. Without his permission or knowledge one of the strippers takes liberties with him. Sorry, he did NOTHING wrong.

Now Kate becomes a complete harpy. Yes, it was embarrassing for videos of her husband to be circulated. But Steve did not do anything wrong. Even so, he understands why Kate is upset and is apologetic. She is a bitch. His constant second guessing of himself when Kate is an absolutely unrelenting shrew is pathetic.

The whole proving-his-point fuck seems hugely contrived and the resulting kid a overworked cliché. Why fuck Kate? Stick a butt plug in the tight assed bitch and let her wake up to the reality that she was a moron.

And then we have yet another "man" that runs away from his life, supposedly to escape alimony which it appears he was paying anyway (sending 30% home). What a wimp.

Finally, WHY would you want to go back to a woman who has no trust in you and made your life a living hell for months? So she could do it again?

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 12 years ago
Mixed feelings on this one

Kate's DNA test was done before hubby came home; clearly she had doubts, implying she was screwing around some of the evenings she came home drunk. So hubby need not feel guilty about his trysts while they were essentially separated. Kate's lawyer's letter about giving back the money suggests she would be capable of charging him with rape if they didn't reconcile. And yes, husbands have been successfully charged with rape of their own wives. Writing fairly good but story left a bad taste -- Jasonnh said it better than I can. Thanks for writing.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 12 years ago
Gettting angry and leaving for a few days is believable.

Losing a good job and 14 months of your life with your kids, not seeing your child grow in your wife, not supporting the wife and being part of the miracle of life,not being at the birth, not waking up at 2 AM to change the little bugger, not holding the newborn...these are all things this guy will never be able to have. He gave them up out of anger and it makes it difficult for me to enjoy the story. It began very well, but the degree of stubborn anger and pride and the emotional damage it created was far too much for the crime and became painful for me as a reader. Your writing is 100 times better than it was when you began, and the story caught my interest, but by the end I was frustrated and unhappy with the characters.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 12 years ago
Five Stars

As is usually the case with this author, the story was well crafted. But what made it stand out from the ordinary was its characters were *real*. They were flawed and behaved poorly at times, just like all the real people I know. That made the story conform to one of my most important criteria: it was believable.

In contrast to many other comments here, I did not want them to act differently. They are the author's characters and they exist because he willed them to be. That's good enough for me.

As the story began to arrive at its end, at first I dreaded the thought of a reconciliation. But as it turned out, the author handled it cleverly as well. Maybe they will eventually work it out, maybe not. Just like real life. Works for me.

I look forward to the next story from this gifted writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Prior 2 comments sum up this story

Some folks can identify with the behavior of these characters and some can't. Immature, irrational, and juvenile to the extreme, they may seem like grammar school children to mature, rational adults but seem like "normal" people to the Jerry Springer crowd.

SlirpuffSlirpuffalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Flawed People

Like everyone said, these two took it further than it should have gone. I wanted to show what can happen it two pig headed people take it to the extreme. I toyed with ending up with someone else, but decided that they deserved each other, flaws and all.

FD45FD45almost 12 years ago
I have the distinct displeasure of disagreeing with two people I admire

Normally I agree with HDK and jasonnh

However, I read the story a bit differently.

First to jasonnh. It would have been the easiest (hence wimpiest) thing in the world for him to just knuckle under and say "Yes, I'm a cheater and the worst human being on the planet. Everything you say about me is true and now, punish me as the unworthy soul and allow me, after a long period of penence, to have access to that golden pussy of yours." Men (and women) do this kind of crap all the time: admitting they were wrong when they blatantly weren't.

Sensitivity is not wimpiness. (But let me say that therapy is sometimes bullshit with sharing the blame when it isn't warrented.)

Additionally, from how I took the story, the hero had already checked out of the relationship. He was GONE. Totally gone. The wife copping that attitude in the restaurant had sealed the deal and he was a tiny dot on the horizon.

So, like most sensible men about to take a long distance trip he:

a) got revenge (proved his point about how huge a BITCH she was)

and

b) got his ashes hauled. (There is a pretty girl behind every palm tree in Fargo...)

That he was able to do both in one trip speaks to his efficiency.

He also wasn't leaving to avoid alimony.. I never gloamed onto that as relevant at all. Instead, he wanted to leave HER. She had become odious and noxious enough that even his kids couldn't keep him there. (The fact his parents and 'friends' were equally a PITA was added impetus). He took the money to give his wife a last minute wake up call (Didn't work)

As far as his return: Yeah, not seeing that much. But I just got finished with a story 'The Difficult Choice". A wife left a love of her life because her scumbag husband might not continue to be a scumbag. So coming back (sort of) to take care of Kid 3 isn't that much of a stretch for sacrifice...IF they got counseling.

HDK: A tree fell in the woods and no one heard it. Who is at fault for the man staying away so long: dimwit who didn't know anything, or the woman who said 'if he only comes back for the kid, he's not worth having'? How about her minions who refused to share this information with him? So who exactly is at fault here?

FD45FD45almost 12 years ago
One area where Slirpuff really gets the job done for me

is he portrayal of women. First, he isn't afraid of making them flawed. To read a lot of LW writers, most of the women on the planet are ex-cheerleaders who are excellent mothers, good friends, and warm loving wives...except they all have itchy pussies as their fatal flaw.

And in most of the story arcs, the wife does wrong, the husband is in no way responsible, and when caught, she willingly THROWS herself on his mercy, begging to be a Stepford Slut if only she takes her back.

I don't know women like that. Ohio and Slirpuff both generally write women with 'self respect' (i.e. bitchiness) Just because they do wrong doesn't mean they offer to clean the men's feet with their hair. They will pay A price for their sins...just like the guy in this story.

Okay...imagine that a husband comes home and finds his wife took a quarter of his money and left him alone with their two kids with no explanation. Exactly how warm and open armed should he be when she shows back up a YEAR later?

Check one:

"Oh honey, I'm so GLAD you came back"

"Oh...it's YOU!"

"Okay...I fucked up too but you seriously did me wrong. Where do we go from here, bitch?"

YMMV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
FD45 aka "duna"

You make as much sense as the infantile spoiled brats in the story. Stop pretzeling yourself to cobble logic into this story, it makes you look as stupid as the characters. Or worse, duna. Zero, nada, not one well adjusted adult behaves anything like these two unless they are on the Springer show. Harry is going to have fucking field day with this.

Any man who has been successfully married for a decade ought to have the keys to her panties; sadly in this case he was wearing them. He drops the 3 day ultimatum after 4 months of hell? If he had a cock the entire thing would have been straightened out in less than a week. Proof he is a typical dickless twerp is running away from his kids. Pathetic.

With those two as role models the kids should turn ought to be real winners. Maybe they can join the parents on Springer. A man takes responsibility for his family and his actions. I know how much I can drink and if I go past it and something bad happens, that is on me. Never ceases to amaze me how many crybaby sissy half-men pollute this comment section with their candy-ass whining and bitching.

Don't run when the lead starts flying. Man up to your fuck up: Be there for your damn kids. Too many damn Willards ducking responsibility and acting like cowards. Wouldn't want any of you maggots in my damn foxhole. Semper Fi, bitches.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Both characters had flaws and to much pride to admit they were wrong.

While the wife was portrayed as a total idiot more so than the husband; hubby was no saint and made that abundantly clear. HOWEVER, one thing that wasn't addressed was his abandonment of his children. No one called him on it and he deserves to be taken to task for it. He is a coward.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
Slirpuff is a talented writer , no question but :..

the main characters from his story are Maury / Jerry Springer show fodder. Was this based on real life? Book these two on Tuesday between the incestuous Siamese Twins & the lesbian midget strippers.

fregenfregenalmost 12 years ago
Turn it around

A girl at a fraternity party drinks to much and passes out. She is then raped. Is she guilty of anything? I am sure the wife would have called her a victim not a participant.<P>

He was molested pure and simple. Other than drinking too much he did not do anything wrong. Now after that he is an ass. If nothing else leaving his kids for 14 months is just plain wrong. But I am sure that the story dynamics demanded it.<P>

Thanks for sharing.

greyfalcongreyfalconalmost 12 years ago
Believable story !!

I like your way of writing. The tales flow smooth, the dialogues between the characters are those which can be exchanged between humans. Your characters are believable.

Take this tale for example: This plot has been used many times but almost certainly the authors here either make the wife feel the need to cheat in order to even the 'score' or at least make us hate one of the characters so much that we sympathize with the other one. This makes it easier for them to end the tale and at the same time keep us happy.

What you did was new. You showed that both the characters had flaws. Both were adamant. Both took matters to the extreme with their pride even though the issue could have been resolved. Although, I do want to say that the husband did repent whatever happened and took steps to make up for it. Yet, he was a terrible father leaving his children behind, ignoring his responsibilities and relied on sending them gifts and cards. How the wife reacted was cold and uncaring. Both were humans and everyone makes mistakes.

The baby angle was not new. This is where i have my main issue with the story though. The end did seemed rushed to me. It was a little too fast. I'd liked if you had spent a little more time explaining the turmoil in the husband's mind; the steps to build back a relationship that was so crudely destroyed. I wasn't happy with 'It wasn't a fairy tale but it did happen' type of ending. And please don't repeat this baby angle again. Its been used way too much now !!

All in all i am highly impressed with one element in all your stories. The element of reality. It maybe dark at times but that's one thing that makes me appreciate your stories more. Your stories don't look contrived or based upon an idea which is not possible in today's world. Everyone is not perfect and you portray that very well. Keep it involved and you'll have one interested reader always !!

4 stars !!

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Stupid customs

Unfortunately there are customs in every countries which couse problems. I read here LW about 10 stories, where friends, collegues, neighbors do prank on fidelity ( I read in comment a poster wrote his collegue had done for him) in the USA. I think the extrem over the top bachelor-bachelorte paties are similar bad custom in the USA. Here where I live we drink some beer in a pub and the married friends hit the new husband candidate with laughing on back. I hope with the globalization this stupid custom will not arrive in my homeland.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
fregen, inadvertently, nailed it

hubby got 'molested' and many guys can identify with that and running away fits well with that crowd. other guys don't get 'molested' and also don't run away. just read the comments and you can see both kinds of guys; same type of comments in every story between the geldings and the studs.

MarvinSMarvinSalmost 12 years ago
Fargo.

I lived in Fargo for eleven years. It's not quite as cold as Grand Forks.

x_JohnDoe_xx_JohnDoe_xalmost 12 years ago

Thanks for writing a very entertaining story, it was a good read and I was hoping they got back together. It was of course about two fairly stupid people, but still I enjoyed the story. Good to see you back writing again, I hope you write more stories again.

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I'm with Harddaysknight

I just couldn't enjoy it given the actions of the husband. Abandoning your children is not an acceptable response to the actions of a spouse. If you can't live with your wife anymore, fine, get a divorce. But quitting your job, disappearing from your children's lives, and moving to Fargo? Pathetic.

Oh, and I know this has come up with many authors many times, but you can't just blow the savings, and you can't just quit your job to get out of alimony/child support. The judge will see that one spouse "wasted" the family assets, and will force you to repay it. And the judge will see you quit your job, the difference in income will be imputed to you, and the debt will just keep racking up. And child support debt can never, ever go away.

ParPlus10ParPlus10almost 12 years ago
Was it a good story?

Yep!

Are there problems with the story?

Sure, there always are because we all think differently. Well except those that only know one word with which to attack people, you know... cuckold.

This guy wimped out on his responsibilities to his children. I don't care if he sent money each month. He was a moron. Whether he was right to leave his wife is irrelevant. Sure he did everything he thought he could do to save the marriage.

But, a real man doesn't abandon his kids. They were his responsibility.

He just ran off to Fargo like a selfish little bitch.

She should have filed for divorce for abandonment and taken everything. He would have deserved it.

But the characters don't have to be perfect for the story to be good. Hell they don't necessarily even have to be smart. And neither one in this story were.

Oh, and I don't think much of his parents either. They should have told him he was a pussy. They weren't looking out for what was best for their grandchildren.

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Deuex Machina

The Author has another story in which the main characters guarrel without thinking they almost destroyed their marriage. In the "Stuff" a accident was the deuex machina that changed the plot flow here there was not any similar the Author let flow the plot until a newer baby.............

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
Angst & Realism

Tough combo to achieve; good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Another good one

Always enjoy your stories. Never really learned what sort of person his wife was tho...

greowulfgreowulfalmost 12 years ago
Other commenters said it better

But *both* reactions were way over the top. He was justifiably upset with the way she was treating him, but his overreaction ended up far exceeding hers. A couple of children who don't know how to be married. No wonder the relationship only works when they see each other once a month. Couldn't like anyone here.

Still much better writing than earlier works. Keep scribbling away!

Wulf

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Very realistic...

I have mixed feelings about what the husband did. To me...the wife showed him no respect or love what-so-ever for the first four months after the party. It appeared that she wanted him to crawl and beg for forgiveness whether he was awake or not. Should he have become her wimp husband or not? Should he have crawled and admitted to what he didn't participate in? Would she feel justified in her actions and he would have had to put up with her getting even in some way in the future?

Didn't he really run to keep his self-respect? Didn't he have to prove he would not knuckle under to her attempt at complete dominance? Didn't the parents and some of his friends and family help the wife attempt to rule him using the the children? Why did she not use the new baby as another weapon to overcome his male pride and self-respect?

Just as an example of my own experience... I have spent 32 years with an alcoholic woman because of the kids. She has betrayed me in a 100 ways other than sexually cheating over the years. I raised those kids by sacrificing my own self-respect and happiness for them, but now they are married and gone and I am too old, sick, and broke to leave my alcoholic wife. For those that say I was a man to think of my kids and put up with all her selfish addictions. Personally I sometimes feel like a worthless wimp! Before her I was a combat Marine and law enforcement officer. Before her I was a respected and successful man with some property. Now I live on Social Security and a partial pension from payday to payday. If it weren't for Medicare and the VA...

Both socialistic programs the conservatives say...I would be on the trash heap of life I feel. Yet, I am the only rock in her own failed and addicted life-story. Am I a man or a self-sacrificing wimp? There are so many commenters on this site with different opinions. Someone please comment a few words to me. You won't hurt my feelings, and mine is a true story and not fiction! I prefer to stay a nonny-mouse on this one as I do have a little self-respect left. And yes, I still love her as I feel an addict is naturally self-centered and has to be forgiven small offenses. They cannot really understand or have any honor, respect for others, self-respect for theirselves, or always even care for the feelings of their loved ones. Their continuous war with their addictions and their tremendous feelings of guilt and resentment takes precedence most of the time...

I welcome differering opinions on this.

Perhaps a story by this or another writer would cover my wondering about how I could have handled my life differently? Should I have left her when I first realized living with an alcoholic was hard? When the children were born? As they grew up at some point? I stayed and put them through college and then retired at 65 the same year. I suppose I am another old man wondering if I could or should have done something different? Sorry to have put something personal into a comment about the story... Have any of you ever done that?

Just ignore me if I am out of line.1574

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
@ Anon

I rarely engage other commentors, but your comment moved me.

As to your analysis of the story, I think it is good. I don't completely agree with you, but your points are valid, especially the way in which the man reacted as a way of protecting himself.

As to your situation, I can comment more freely on the actions of fictional characters than I can on a snippet of personal history from an actual, breathing human being. I am loathe to judge you, except to say that sacrifice for the sake of ones you love (children, spouse) is not de facto either wimpish or manly-it all depends. What life isn't about sacrifice and compromise? Who are any of us to judge without walking a mile in your shoes?

In a perfect world, your wife would have gotten treatment (AA) and been a recovering alcoholic, living one day at a time; while you would have been helping yourself in a similar program (Alonon).

I guess it comes down to options and prices your are willing to pay to pursue those options. You say you are old, but is it ever too late to live a better life? Maybe attend an Alonon meeting, just for yourself.

You expressed yourself well. Perhaps you could write some stories about what was, and explore the possibilities of what could have been yourself. Sounds like your life experiences would be fertile ground for you to start to explore the 'what if's' of your life. Writing may also be a fun (and inexpensive) hobby for you in your retirement.

Good luck, and all the best to you.

Johnny1MJohnny1Malmost 12 years ago
haven't read all the comments but

Perhaps someone has mentioned this. Suppose the roles were reversed and the wife were the one passed out. If someone has sex with her it's rape. Suppose it's the husband who rejected her for 4 months and still blamed her. Wouldn't all her friends and family tell her how cruel he's being and perhaps counsel divorce? In his shoes I would have moved out though I probably would have kept my job.

Scorpio44Scorpio44almost 12 years ago
Well written... sad...

and just a little hopeful. The famous line from "Cool Hand Luke" comes to mind, "What we have here is a failure to communicate." I'm glad the story ended as positively as it did.

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
I need clarification

How can david be his son when he didn't have sex with her the night he left? & they didn't have sex for 4 months before that. What about her going out with co-workers/friends & coming home wasted? I'm just a bit confused.. I strongly recommend a DNA test ...

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
: )

I agree with some of the comments, I don't think the husband was a wimp for running, I don't understand why people stay in disfunctional /destructive relationship for the "children" , this I do not agree with, what exactly are you teaching your kids by staying in an unhealthy relationship? He fought the only way he knew how by getting away from the evil one, I'm pretty sure he didn't want to leave his children, but he certainly didn't want to continue with the constant belittling, accusations, screaming just plain bitchiness! As a married woman I get her, but I also got what he was saying, he was clearly passed out drunk, if the situation was reversed it would've been rape because he was not a willing participant of the blow job; but "Kate" wasn't listening... She obviously wanted him to beg & crawl on his hands & knees and beg for forgiveness , but why should he do that when he clearly didn't do anything wrong other than getting way too intoxicated & being in the presence of 2 complete sluts who obviously didn't care if they were dead or alive-- they were getting their dicks sucked no matter what.... Even when he suggested things like counseling, dinner & talking she wasn't having it... So he did what he thought was best he left! He sent money to his kids even gave some of the money back he took from the bank:.. Did you really expect him to sit there like a wimp & just take the bullshit?! I as a wife if I talked to my husband or did the things she was doing my husband wouldn't stand for it! She was angry-- understandably so, but did she once thought that maybe he's just as angry as she was? He was violated.... She didn't believe him , 11 years & she couldn't/wouldn't believe that he didn't do it.... I think it's sad... I don't condone cheating on either spouse, but this wasn't the case... She should know /trust her hubby better than that , 11 years why would he choose now to jeopardize his marriage & family? Comments are saying he abandoned his kids, he did not! Was he suppose to take the kids with him? If he did that he'd still be the asshole who took the kids from their mother, if he stayed he would've been a wimp for allowing this hormonal schizophrenic bitch ttreat him like shit.... Either way he would've lost... I like the story but I didn't love it because as stated in my first post: DNA test for baby David, how the hell that's his baby when 1.) they hadn't had sex for 4 months prior to him leaving? 2.) she said she got pregnant the night he left, how? He didn't have sex with her, he just took her clothes off to make it seem like he did. So unless I need to go back & read that part over I'd get a DNA done on the new addition. Yeah she took one already but I'd do it again, especially when she started going out with friends & coming home wasted....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Find the trouble maker

I'd do whatever I could to find the trouble maker. The one who made the video. The one who passed it around. The one who put it on You Tube. The one who put the strippers up to it...strippers are not known to freely blow passed out guys!

count2threecount2threealmost 12 years ago
Very insatisfactory. I mean not the writing but the story.

Im really mot seeing any future for them. I didnt feel any love there at any time. I dont understand what her plan was in the beginning. He was willing to talk and make amends and she just gave him the silent treatment for month ? That only can be interpretated as her wanting out of the relationship right from the start (and I mean before she even saw the tape) I can understand her being pissed because of this but come on, he didnt cheat, not really. In fact he could have made a case for rape. (I know men are not raped - hows that for a sexist judicial system)

earthmvrearthmvralmost 12 years ago
NIcely done!

Well written, with a few double words and what not, but overall it was good, As for the 2 comments asking about how David is his baby, he does say he fucked her TWICE while she was passed out and wrote her a note telling her so. (Top page 3).

A good story about how things can get out of hand in a relationship.

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
Divorce happens every day. It's widely known that at least 50% of all first marriages end in divorce.

When a woman (or man) can be that unreasonable, there really is no future.

He should have carried through on his warning. After three days have her served. As for his getting a "legal notice" about returning the money, it does NOT work that way. There would have AT LEAST been a hearing with arguments. And in fact, he should have "spent" the money. IN LAS VEGAS.

Dump the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I liked it: 5*****

You know you have a winner by the number (75) and intensity of the comments. Thanks for writing. tom anon

P.S. I'm so glad now that I used a rubber the night I banged her on her "girl's night out". damn DNA tests.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20about 11 years ago
PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON LIVED BY THE SEA

Enough of puff please go back to Slir. I like his vindicative storyies a hole shitload better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Rape clear and simple

At no time did this poor sap ever have an opportunity to consent. Hell, he did everything possible to avoid the situation (other then not drink or go to the party to begin with). His only problem is the groom's friends were complete and utter dicks.

The wife really was the one at fault in all of this. Also, with that much alcohol in your system it's very unlikely that his dick ever got hard during the blow job.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 11 years ago
Implausible premise, but good story

He could have taken a copy of the video to any number of experts and got a written opinion that he was totally unaware of what was happening to him at the stag. Apart from that, it was a good story. It was not until the baby went with them on the walk that I realized what the conclusion would be

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
a six pack of Corona and

Half a bottle of wine what a pussy.

And what an absolute load of shit. This asswipe leaves and in 14 months no one; not his parents, not his kids none of his friends tell him that his wife is pregnant or that she has had his child. And the wife like Penelope just sat waiting for her man, the man who abandoned her and his children she's just waiting for him to come home. You and the people who praised this piece trash are out of your fucking minds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
a boring non-story.

Stories tend to get dull if as a reader you dislike the main characters. If you don't care what happen to them, you lose interest in reading. The main character is guilty of recklessness which is just as serious a crime as cheating or murder if they happen as the result. If the wife puts herself in a position to be raped, few husbands would forgive her and rightly so. You still go to prison if you are convicted of negligence homicide or DUI. The main character has no ground to bitch and deserves all of his punishments, The End. This is a boring non-story despite the good writing.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well written story

But I had a hard time feeling any sympathy for either of them. Since when has conversation, honest talk, become a lost art? Especially between married couples? I guess that's why they're so many divorces. He deserved to freeze his butt off in Fargo.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Good improvement over the 09 &10 stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

I have read this story 3 times and enjoy it. Just the same as I re-read books I like. To me saying I have read something 3 times says a lot, probably won't be a 4th time, after all it is not a J.R.R. Tolkien book, but I don't know what better complement I could give.

On a side note I generally feel the same about all Slirpuff stories.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Trust

One thing I never actually heard was her saying she believed him that he didn't know he was getting the blow job.

She now accepts that it is POSSIBLE, but if she can't say, "I believe you," then the rest is bullshit.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. Very well done.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
REMEMBER ABOUT SNOW BALLS

being better than no balls. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Agree With KarenE

While I really enjoyed the story I'm beginning to understand that my wife isn't to the extreme on the stubbornness scale than I thought. I understand that this is fiction, but all these stories depicting female stubbornness to the point of stupidity must be inspired by something. I've been married for 36 years, 10 years #1, 26 #2. I've been subject to some pretty stubborn displays. But some of the acts of revenge I've read on this sight as well as the bull headed display by the wife, Kate was mind numbing. Again another author tries to equate the reaction the hubby has to the destruction of the marriage by this narrow minded, nearly deranged woman. 4 months of hell with no prospect of reprieve he gives her one last chance to pull her head out of her ass and she continues to be a bullheaded bitch, and won't forgive him for doing nothing wrong. So everyone brands him the idiot when she refuses to let his father inform him that she's ready for his return. He was not even nearly equally at fault.

As KarenE stated,

One thing I never actually heard was her saying she believed him that he didn't know he was getting the blow job.

She now accepts that it is POSSIBLE, but if she can't say, "I believe you," then the rest is bullshit. more...

It isn't that she needs the humiliation of admitting she is wrong, but if she can't recognize what's what, her behavior will continue to be based on faulty reasoning.

One other aside, alcoholic blackouts are rather unpredictable, there is no way to say she would blackout having drunk x amount of alcohol.

Good story.

fifteen16fifteen16over 9 years ago
Excess

Enjoy your drink but never to excess, you no longer have any control and put your safety and well being in the hands of others, you should be past that sort of thing when have family responsibilities Here endeth the first lesson. Occasionally a story has that feel of realism and this is no exception, he was wrong to put himself in the position of not having any control, she finds and does not believe it was unintentional that he was not aware, he will not own up to something he was not aware of, an impasse lasting for a long time, the relationship hits rock bottom, there is to much hurt and bad things said and you cannot unsay something. in reality there would not be any reconciliation it's gone way beyond revealing pictures, the marriage has been ripped to shreds. You can glue a fine piece of china back together but it will never be the same.

PoormanRichmanPoormanRichmanover 9 years ago
Ok My 2 cents

I would like to say It was original and well written. I have enjoyed everything you have written that I have read so far. There are not many authors I trust enough to feel good about beginning a read as I do with you and a couple others on literotica. I'm a slow reader and there is NOTHING about reading that pisses me off more, than reaching the end and realizing the story made no sense.

So thanks for not doing that to me and making me feel I wasted my time

Well done

PS" I'm sure the others who criticize or seem to find fault would quickly change their tune if they ever tried to submit something themselves.

sinsational83sinsational83over 9 years ago
It's me again

This one was sort of original but, that's not to say it wasn't good because it was a good story you put your imagination to work on this one good job you're getting to be my favorite author if you keep writing like this but as I said earlier I have enjoyed almost all of your stories that I have read. you do good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
My wife was a nut too

I wasn't drunk but something similar happened to me too. My wife of 7 years happened to see me having lunch with a pretty woman, then hid to watch. What she saw were us talking, laughing, holding hands and yes, even once, a kiss which was a tiny little peck on the lips.

When I got home, the locks had already been changed. How she did it so fast was because of her dad who was in construction. I was handed a restraining order and told to leave, her uncle was a Judge. I was in shock and wasn't sure what was happening. A motel was my home for a few days until I moved in with a single friend.

A week later I was served divorce papers when I was leaving work. My once loving wife, who swore I was the light of her life and she couldn't live without me, had filed. I wasn't able to contact her and now, I was not only angry, but enraged. We had two children who were 3 and 5 who would pay the price it seemed. She wanted everything, the house, our savings, my 401, half my check and apparently, my blood. My counter off was she could have everything (over $50K in savings) but my 401 and my paycheck. I'd pay child support, that was it. I got a call from my lawyer she accepted and I hustled in to sign, without having every talked to her.

Fast forward six months, I was still fighting to see my kids with roadblocks put up everywhere. Through the grapevine I'd heard exactly what had caused the whole thing which instead of making me angry, made me sad. I knew she'd started fucking a new guy before my signature was dry and the divorce final so I knew how to get her. And it was so easy....

On Friday nights she used to love going to a particular French restaurant when we were married. After watching, I saw her new stud was taking here there still. Perfect! I was sitting and waiting a few Friday's later. After waiting until they were seated, I stood and walked to their table with the same woman my ex had saw me with, on my arm. The first words out of my mouth were "hey, whore." Her face looked like a thundercloud when she saw me and the woman on my arm. I swear, the sound she made was hissing like a snake. How someone I'd found so beautiful could look so ugly was beyond me.

"So, you threw our marriage away because you 'saw' me with Kimberly that day?" I didn't let her get a word in edgewise. Her face told me everything I wanted to know. I turned and motioned and then turned back to my ex. "If you'd asked, I'd have told you this was Kimberly, the daughter of my stepdad. You know she stayed with us for a few times when we were growing up, I hadn't seen her since we were 12 years old." I was on a roll now.

"She was here because," at this point a man and three kids walked up and he put his arm around Kimberly when I stepped away and the kids took her hands, "she and her husband were moving back into this area and I was going to show them around." Kimberly and her husband nodded at my ex, who sat with her mouth open and white-faced.

"So when you saw me having lunch, making plans to help out a sort of stepsister and her family, you jumped to conclusions and ruined not only my life and our kids life, but your own life too, though I see you'll do well as a common whore." I gave a warning look to her boyfriend who began to protest. After a few more minutes of giving her hell, we left.

That evening, my ex stopped by my apartment and I refused to open the door or acknowledge anyone was there. I turned up the TV so I couldn't hear her banging. She finally gave up and started calling and apologizing until I blocked her calls. Then she got her lawyer to force me back into my lawyers office and when I got there, the whore was there.

I called her a whore and in front of my lawyer and hers, along with the secretary, I told her she would always be 'whore' to me and I'd call her nothing else until the day I died. They all protested but I got them to admit, it wasn't against the law to call someone a whore. The whore cried and begged me to forgive her but I of course, accused her of setting up the whole thing so she could go out and try new cock out. It got ugly with me accusing of her taking money for fucking her boyfriends and that I'd take her back to court to take my kids away. She was hysterical by the time she left and I left feeling satisfied.

Over the next few years she not only bent over backward to make sure I saw the kids, but she'd drop them off and pick them up. She always told me there were no more men, I always called her 'whore'. She said she deserved it and didn't even complain when I saw her in a supermarket with some friends and I called her 'whore' a few times. It always seemed for the longest time she went out of her way to let me know she wasn't seeing anyone, leaving it open for 'us' to get back together.

Finally one afternoon, one of my kids got sick and they wanted to be back with their mom, a day early. No problem, I just drove them over, figuring she would be at work. The kids had their own key and we went in, I was carrying their stuff. To get to their room, we had to pass the master bedroom and I heard something so I opened the door to peek in. Yep, there she was, the ex on her hands and knees and a new guy pounding her from the back. Instead of closing the door, I walked in, drawing out my wallet before either saw me. She shrieked, and jumped from underneath him and he rolled away.

I pulled out a $20 bill and tossed it on the dresser while my ex hid under the covers. I let him know she was a whore and I was paying his $20 for him because I was a nice guy. She was crying when I left but I made sure she was looking right at me when I took one last look and spit on the floor before walking out. That was the last time she tried to tell me she wasn't seeing anyone, but it certainly wasn't the last time I called her 'whore'! It's been 20 years now and when I happen to see her even today, I still use her name as 'whore'. Her new husband doesn't care for it, but I told him to either get used to it, kill me or be prepared to duke it out every time we met. Now he rolls his eyes but I haven't changed a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Who is the winner?

@ Anon I am BTB type guy, but your revenge is over the top. Yes I agree your ex-wife deserved your treatment for 1-2-3 years, but you should have stopped for sake of YOUR SOUL PEACE after 3 years. Your ex wife found a good man who was enough good to marry your ex wife with your funny habit. I think your ex wife is much more happier than you. Yes she had a good new husband who is able to live with a sad ex husband Dady to his step kids who is a constant mad at your wife. Your wife goes home and look at her new husband and she knows wan the lottery.........You lives alone. To learn: The Punishment Has To Fit The Crime! If the the punishment increase the Crime the sinner will not feel her/himself responsible. Here the ex wife found the happiness and you are the unhappy alone.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
*****

Back together by the slimmest of margins. If she had not consented to the drink test AND gotten pregnant, they'd be divorced.

One piece I don't get, after all the push from the parents to get them together, no one told him she was pregnant?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 9 years ago
Second time through...

a classic tale. Five stars.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thought

She refuses to talk about it, but insists on punishing him for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well written

Enjoyed this story and found myself reliving a close parallel to it. Thanks for writing and sharing!

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
A couple of things

What woman on the planet doesn't know that it is possible to be so drunk she doesn't remember what happened the next day, even if it includes sex? Colleges have been having fucking marches about 'date rape' for at least 20 years now. It is a 'thing'.

That being said: The Bard (paraphrased) wrote 'Alcohol gives the desire but takes the ability." I do not know if a guy THAT wasted could get an erection. But this is a small point.

This woman was a bitch. A total bitch. Yes she was, ladies. HOWEVER, she was, AFAIK, NEVER looking for a divorce. In the back of her pointy little head, she was thinking "I love him and I want him in my life. And so one day I HAVE to forgive him. And I will. Just not today. Not tomorrow. And next month isn't looking too good either." She was very happy to have him constantly crawling and doing her bidding. Men, take note.

However, with my flawed memory, this is one of the FIRST of your fucking female protagonists who actually admitted she was wrong even a little bit (I am looking at YOU "The Big Mouth"! That woman was abhorrent! I am looking at YOU 'Til Death Do Us Part'. She did horrible things and seemed to regret it not at all.)

If a man is upset (ala Big Mouth) it is 'fragile male ego'. If a woman is upset...um...Slirpuff...if a WOMAN is upset...what do you call it? Justifiable rage? Does she get a buy at being overly loathsome in her pain? Why is there a line for the men, where their hurt becomes an overreaction (and that is 'the very next day') and yet a woman is allowed to carry on for FOUR MONTHS?

You need to put a 3x5 card on your computer saying: "Fragile Female Ego" and differentiate how HER being obdurate is somehow justified where it is not for a man.

Yeah, you are still paying for Big Mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So because he has some sex and she's had another kid

They stay together? What kind of poor excuse is that to stay married? Just stay up north and get divorced. Take your kids one weekend a month and for a couple of weeks in the summer. Who needs or would want to get back together with a stone cold bitch? You like reconcilliation stories WAY too much. Sometimes people are better off divorced and everyone is happier. They should have gotten divorced. End of story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous