All Comments on 'An Average Descent'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 434 Comments
tjreadertjreader6 days ago

Excellent story! Very well written! Love that we get both sides. You even manage to make the cheater sympathetic! Don't get me wrong she got everything she deserved. But it's sad that if she'd just communicated, asked for help... They'd have been fine.

1959_Darroch1959_Darroch15 days ago

The best author on this site……and he is gone

bacchant2bacchant216 days ago

I agree with some of your other comments, this was raw but underlying it was a completely stupid and nieve wife. The reaction of the mc was brilliantly decisive and so refreshing against the indecisive and wimpy men portrayed by too many other writers here. Overall a good read but a sense of sadness for a wife so out of touch with reality.

Helen1899Helen189917 days ago

This is the most life like story on literotica. Harsh, raw, sad, enjoyable never. But the married readers should take heed, they are all only a couple of missteps away from the same fate.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

The story makes me sad because it’s harsh. The writing is better than the score indicates. But both parties failed each other and lived with it. Life isn’t always a great place and people aren’t necessarily rational or kind. But it did hurt to see two normal people essentially ruin their lives.

James G 5James G 5about 1 month ago

Pretty good portrait of the hell whoring wreaks

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 month ago

I didn't see it as that dark but I did enjoy the story.

To me, dark would have been physical violence, self harm or the jilted spouse have a very negative divorce/future while the cheater prospered.

only thing about this story was from the wife's POV. could she not go after her company for the blackmail onward? Sure she was seduced willingly, but that shouldn't be a green light to manipulate and violate her they way they did.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Man! That is one great story. One of the top 20 all time.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 months ago

I've read this a bunch of times, and think this is almost a masterpiece imho other than him living an unfulfilled love life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Interesting. No winners in this story. Even the kids, despite their dad doing everything he could to protect them during the marriage debacle couldn't protect them from the psyche he developed from her betrayal. So he lost a close relationship with his kids as well. 5 stars because life isn't fair, it just "is".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wow! Tradgic to the "nth" degree! Everyone was destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I was not quite sure what to say about this story. First of all there was no confrontation at the beginning which takes away sympathy and respect the reader might have for the mc. So then we wait until he sudddenly gets some balls and finally the wife repeats what had happened but doesnt really add anything. She had every chance to take revenge on her company and could have made things right with her husband if she really wanted to early on. So i assume your saying she got what she deserved but he lost too, so all in all a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Yeah you just keep putting on your wifes clothes when she's not using them to go on dates with other guys while you sit at home and knock an author who hasn't posted in 10 yrs when they give you a slice of reality that doesn't fit your sad little pathetic narrative "Justin" or "Justeen" or whatever dumb ass persona you want to present. Get some help

JusteenKJusteenK2 months ago

This is the work of a very bitter and inadequate author. A steaming pile of self serving shite.

Psychman24Psychman242 months ago

This is one of the most depressing stories I have read here. The hatred, the bitterness, the lack of honesty and communication and the lack of respect and decency first on her part and then on his. Everything and everyone razed to the ground. He wins I guess, but lives a life of empty loneliness and hatred.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Eh, it wasn't despicable, but it wasn't the best. It would have been better to intertwine both their parts so you stick to the time frame instead of giving readers whiplash by a lack of transition into the wife's account of events. It would have also helped in avoiding contradictions. He had earlier said he didn't hate her because that requires more effort than he's willing to put forth. The later he and she talked on his hatred for her. Then of course there's the silly mess ups, like referring to her therapist as a woman, then man, and again a woman all in the same paragraph. I will say you have potential though. You just need to tighten up. Maybe use and editor.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The best line of the story "God, I hope so."

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It looks like he get exactly what he deserved. A life time of loneliness.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was an extremely hard read.

MsVanilla69MsVanilla693 months ago

A lot of twists and turns written into the story , I had a hard time with the flip flop of the people involved , worked out in the end i guess both of them got what they wanted or deserved , well written

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not sure why you added the wife's part. Was it to make the reader have some compassion perhaps? If so, it didn't work for me. A better ending would have been that they gang banged her one more time after firing her and then she ended up a prostitute in order to earn a living. Good story though.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"The $200,000 check I received was smaller than my other victories, but much more satisfying." - Payoffs are usually to stave off destruction, if they're ruined, they're not likely to give him a thing.

\

"Unfortunately, as time went on our closeness faded." - Why? They were close, I assume he kept his bitterness away from them. Or did he?

\

"She sat alone, in the bride's section of the church, near the back." - As the mother of the bride, she might not get any honors, like sitting in the front row, but near the back?

\

"I felt I was being fair," - How is an unequal split fair?

\

I got the impression from his version that she did have SOME sort of a connection with the children, but not so much in her version.

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

I don't like dark stories but this was outstanding.

The recap from the wife was unnecessary, I think.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Bri29Bri294 months ago

Wow just Wow!

H. JekyllH. Jekyll4 months ago

My God. What a sad and lovely story. Lovely, yes, but more sad than lovely. No winners. One completely destroyed; the other destroyed only emotionally -- though "only" is a cheap word here. Two people who's beginning had such wonderful promise. I know you are 'retired' as a writer, though maybe you still see your comments (a lot of them on this story). I hope you're still writing, somewhere, on some topics.

If you're still reading -- what would a reconciliation version of "An Average Descent" look like? What if he'd actually read her emails, etc., , and had come to understand her entire adulterous history, including all the blackmail? It would be an interesting path to follow. (if you've ever read any of my stories, which you probably haven't, you'll understand that I have a strong bias in favor of reconciliation; it gets me called 'cuck' and 'wuss' and 'pussy' a lot by the Loving Wives mafia)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Pathetic. Unnecessary pain and BTB.

No winners here.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story MC ends up rich and has a good relationship with his children. Ex wife and her workmates are useless losers that deserved the revenge, her barely seeing her kids and parents was icing on the cake.

Calico75Calico756 months ago

Second reading. I had forgotten that the MC ends up broken and alone. Although I hate that for the character, it is a departure from the majority of LW BTB stories. This is a very good author. I hope he/she is still writing and posting or selling somewhere.

LegacybadLegacybad7 months ago

It was a good story with only losers. Kept waiting for a positive spin but didnt came

jflindersjflinders7 months ago

It is really too bad for us that read LW that JIdoka stopped posting stories here almost a decade ago.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Awesome! Total obliteration. Well done. Well written too.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Depressingly real. 15 years after my parents split up, I still have no proof whether either of them cheated, but the anger, depression and hatefilled sadness that both Michael and Jennifer exhibit here are all too familiar, and one of the major reasons I dont think I will ever be married. Its not worth the pain. So yes, a great, well written story like all your others, but like you tagged, Dark, and all too real.

mfbridgesmfbridges9 months ago

NoBullAI, you took the words right out of my mouth. Not worth the read really.

NoBullAlNoBullAl9 months ago

A decent but f’n depressing story leaving me to wonder why i actually finished reading it!!

shadrachtshadracht9 months ago

Well written. Dark, as you say. She ruined two lives, and made her children's lives much less full than they should have been. In the end, instead of two loving parents. They had none. While his revenge was co.plete, the lack of any hope made this too depressing to be enjoyed. It's too bad, as your writing is excellent.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

Well-written but not a welcome read.

TLHianhinTLHianhin10 months ago

The writer writes some of the best erotica. It’s a pity his or her output was limited to just eight stories.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

In a word, Ouch! From the Brutalist school of literature.

nhhungrymannhhungryman11 months ago

Well written but so sad. Likely a lot more realistic than a lot of the stories on here. There rarely are winners in a painful infidelity breakup.

donjuan1954donjuan195411 months ago

Good read, but brutal.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

There were no winners in this story. Michael may have had great success but was a bitter shell of a man. The kids disconnected from both parents and Jennifer had a miserable life. They were average in everything but their denouement and that part sucked big time. The kids may have done ok but I suspect were miserable too. Sad, sad, sad.

LMJ

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian11 months ago

Lifetime Movie meets Friday the 13th.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Well written burn. But her stupidity in falling for that type of blackmail is ludicrous. The blackmailer ahd a lot to lose also. 18 months of depraved fucking? Whatever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A well written sad story. I wonder how their marriage affected their children's relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Gordon cooked this story. Excellent

Ganymede69Ganymede69about 1 year ago

Excellent! Love how she got scorched as well!

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[25.04.23]

Top Shelf!

11/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I haven't looked it up, but there is probably an argument that knowingly continuing to live with a woman who is cheating, even if there is no sex between the man and the wife, is condonation of the cheating, which would preclude a divorce based on adultery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. I like your writing.

Ed

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

12 ocasión que lo leo, cada vez más potente

bookmadcatbookmadcatabout 1 year ago

I like this author's works, the story is believable and well written. Just a word to the last anon. and other similar post, this is FICTION, that means it is not real and and any similarity to the " Real " world is at the discretion of the author, his story set in his universe governed by his rules, if its a factual, real world relevant, read you want try the news outlets or real life story sites. I strongly believe that the authors on this site should be thanked and encouraged, pathetic comments born of ignorance only tend to force the authors off-site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

'...Champaign and roses...' An Illinois sparkling wine? Also, MC's attorney sucks if he only got a million from the lawsuits against the three companies. You hack writers need to research these things in the real world. Also, nothing would've ever gone to trial. The insurance companies holding liability policies on these companies would never let it. Still, a half-decent story, although it's hard to conceive of a human biped with an XY-chromosome set who'd put up with that crap.

.

Writing a his/her story in two halves was awkward. After reading it all from his POV, I wasn't interested in her side, so I skipped to the end. That style is better done alternating versus following.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I’m not sure about Kiwihunter’s comment. He was bitter and couldn’t move on. He loved his wife and she betrayed him. He felt that the hopeful portion of his life was over, and as we read, hers was too.

Did he have to be so destructive? No. Did she have to betray him? No.

He knew what he was doing, but he continued anyway and it was to his detriment. It happens and it’s not a nice story. That’s life.

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

Got what she deserved 5*

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

This is a good representation of what really happens in a divorce. No one wins. This pathetic creature set out to deliberately destroy any chance either of them had at any future happiness. He was a coward who wrecked both of their futures when if he had listened

listened he could have had a life filled with joy and positivity. Instead, through selfishness, he chose to ruin his life's work. What a pathetic individual

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A masterfully sad tale of two people damaged beyond redemption. The man didn't have a close connection to anyone for a reason, while the wife was self-destructively stupid. My one question is about the premise he was a good parent. Maybe on the mechanics of support, but emotional? He said they drifted away. Revealing. And I doubt a counselor or shrink would have simply told the ex-wife to "run". But still, a really well done story of hugely desolate marriage. What a character study!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Any woman stupid and naïve enough to put up with blackmail at work deserves her fate. As for a $200K settlement? The company's liability insurance would've paid 15-20 times that amount to settle out of court. Extorting her to have sex with clients, that's criminal sexual abuse, extortion, and several other felonies, including assault and rape. Stupid writer.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Gripping story. He apparently was unable to confront his wife. Later, he went too far when he hired people to follow her so he could prevent her from getting a job. He clearly turned his children against her. She was being blackmailed after her first affair, something he never learned. He rejected her attempts to reconnect to the family, not confronting her again.

She deserved what happend to her.

He ruined his own life because he could not understand she might have needed help.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was thee.

HighBrowHighBrowover 1 year ago

I don’t usually like reading about two people self-destructing, but this one is well done. Still a massive downer,

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Story synopsis.

Instead of building up his wife he kept on day after day, ignoring her. and making a total foul at work.

Stupid man needed to KEEP PROGRAMMING, As an amateur (B.sc. with distinction for programming) just coded for my own pleasure and to help various children with maths practice after graduation. I gained a lot of personal satisfaction. The say "happy wife, happy life" but it cuts both ways.

He was unhappy because he was not doing what he liked at work <=> she unhappy because he's a misery.

That's a recipe for disaster. Not "all her fault" but not "all his fault" either.

Worst of all though he slams the door in her face without good reason.

Jesus warned "if you do not forgive, you will not be forgiven." This man will never be truly happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Him 5 stars, the slut 0 stars.

jopstorm(1945)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@mactso.

Not everything has to be fap fodder.

There's an old excuse men had for their wives when they got busted with a playboy or penthouse mag back in the day... "I bought it for the articles".

Funny thing is, they were damn good articles. There's room for a more serious, insightful type of literature here, especially as literature is part of the name. There are plenty of other stories here if you only want ones to help you go blind. Just pick another.

This one has well over 300,000 views and people have chosen to rate it highly... currently it's at 4.41. That's almost across the 4.5 'hot' rating. Pretty good for a story not designed to titillate on a site like this.

Your entitled to your views. Your entitled to comment. I'm just pointing out to you that the majority of people here obviously don't agree in the slightest with your review. That makes me feel good. Gives me hope that a higher level of intellect and moral code does exist out there... Even here, among the readers of Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So Sad, She didn't keep focus and appreciation on the wonderful life she had with her husband and family, so she lost it and made him truly hate her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not too distant from reality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The bitch deserved to lose everything. There is no justifiable reason for her selfish betrayal the one person on earth who thinks you walk on water and treats you like a goddess. Her behavior only illuminates the fact that she is wholly undeserving of the smallest consideration. It's sad that he ended up punishing himself as a result of her lack of character. Everyone involved lost, big time. I wish there was an explanation of the kid's view on what she did had been included.

mactsomactsoover 1 year ago

Stupid piece of revenge fantasy.

On a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is "not really erotica" and 5 is hot as hell, I rate this "not really erotica."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very arduous read for the first two pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Same old story, "I needed to feel desired" He waited much too long, thus ruining his life also.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Too much back story. It doesn't tell us anything about their current situation.

\

"But I am your wif..." - Too bad she didn't think about that before she started cheating.

\

"It wasn't all Champaign and roses." - "Champaign" is a city in Illinois, the wine is "champagne."

\

"Of course it was a situation that got out of control." - That works if you're talking about a short fling with the boss. When it becomes corporate whoring, that goes out the window.

\

MORE back story, her POV now?

\

"I did all those things and much more for Allen." - How much more can there be beyond anal?

\

"I had been fired for cause" - If they're BOTH out of work, why would she lose the kids?

\

Why was she surprised by the butt plug? Surely the DVD showed her giving up her ass.

\

Don't like seeing his life being so miserable.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Had everything a BTB story should be and prob in my top 3 in this category

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

Well that was a completely sad and bitter tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Indeed the wife was borderline schizo. Certainly delusional. What she woke up from a 2 year long mind control spell? Ironically ifnshenhad confessed to her husband after her tryst with her boss, when thr blackmail came down, he would have probably forgiven her and they might have saved their marriage. But she went off on some slut sabbatical, completely ignoring her family. Of course he is a psycho also, just a different type, and as we found out, can be quite ruthless.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

From her pov she admits she enjoyed her time as a self proclaimed slut but seems terribly upset when it all turns to shit as if hubby’s treatment of her was somehow unfair. There’s a word for that and I’m sure her therapist wrote it down in her notes in big red letters ‘DELUSIONAL’.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Funny how close to the truth that is, maybe not the money but the depth of betrayal the despair it can cause, I hope you didn’t go through it as well

ambernight3ambernight3over 1 year ago

Wow, this went into a dark place fast, and sadly it was pretty close to how real life can happen. That being said I think it is a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He’s a f———- psycho.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Wow dark gritty ultra realistic in a word brilliant. We all like near little bows and nice trite endings but in the face of a total and complete betrayal sane people literally go insane........life is messy and this story was a catastrophy well done.

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

The bitterness and rage that Mike felt was pretty accurate to real. It was well documented in this story

5/5

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So many fucking morons commenting here. Who completely miss entire plot devices and the whole point of the story.

So many people who don't have a clue how bad relationships can actually get.

You think "there's no way a spouse could get so absorbed in their cheating and affairs they'd ignore their family for a year or more." Ot "how could they let things go for so long and fester? Never talking through things? It's unlikely."

Uhhh...when you have kids...you can let LOTS of water pass under the bridge for their sakes. You'll put up with a lot. This goes for men and women...since cheaters come in both genders. I've seen it with so many friends over the years. I've experienced it myself. It happens. A lot. People stay in bad relationships for years for the sake of their families.

For those of you who question why he stayed for 2 years? Really? You obviously didn't read the story.

He stayed put after he found out how badly a divorce was going to fuck him over.

He got himself fired. Got closer to his kids...to become the primary care giver. He burned through as much of their money and assets as he possibly could. Stashing a bunch of cash away in the process. He had the investigator follow her for a year documenting her being a whore accumulating evidence.

So in the divorce...he could destroy her. Could destroy her coworkers. Clients. And her company...proving they were all a bunch of immoral whores.

He had no job or income. Hadn't for more than a year and a half. So...no alimony. He got custody. So no child support.

And she lost her job. Lost her family. Lost all of her friends. And eventually had to flee the area because her life got so bad.

He spent 2 years in complete anguish watching his wife daily betray him and all of his love. And she was oblivious the entire time that she was emotionally strangling him.

As soon as she was gone? He went right back to being a brilliant programmer...ending up a millionaire after she was gone from his life.

But he was damaged emotionally beyond repair. To the point he'd never develop trust with any other woman ever again.

It's a sad story. Dark. A bit depressing. Yes. But well written. Well executed. And to me? Believable. I know men and women who are betrayed...who never again develop close emotional relationships with anyone of the opposite sex for the remainder of their lives. It happens. A lot more than most people know. Especially where kids are involved. They live for kids and grandkids. And that's all they have left.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a stupid, stupid man.

To let the bitterness and rage destroy his entire life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Average at best. By all accounts she was good at her job at least initially, it wouldn't have taken her long to find a new one. What he was doing was harassment and he would have ended up in jail or in court and he'd have had to shell out a heft bit of cash. That's if a company would even care. Most companies would look at any message he sent and either ignore it or contact the police.

Her lonely, downtrodden life is pure drivel fantasy and not the good kind.

Then again, most stories that end with the ex-wife as some hag-like spinster are just power fantasies by bitter men.

Don't get me wrong, i like a good btb, but this is just bitterness.

cyendreycyendreyover 1 year ago

If this were real, I’d warn the wife that she still wasn’t safe. I don’t believe the “new” Micheal has finished with his project with her yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why is it that educated women think they are so entitled? Seems like women "playing the field" in college makes the bond between husband and wife almost meaningless to them. Many years ago I heard the biggest threat to the status quo in the middle east was the threat to educate their women. Makes me wonder if their civilization and way of life would be as threatened then, as ours (in the West) is now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a stupid, stupid woman. You reap what you sow

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Amazingly tragic and stunningly sad. Not sure I’ve ever read anything that has provoked such a sad emotional response in me. Judoka is a true storyteller! Five stars ⭐️ for this impressive work.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Sad, sad sfory of a man broken by his wife's infidelity.

Reading the other comments, is it really a BTB story? It seems to me she found some sort of happiness at end and he was left broken.

The dual view of the events was just wonderful.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 2 years ago

Michael's part of this story was a solid, great read. But, including Jennifer's side of the story, is pure icing on the cake. Nicely done.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very good BTB story. Nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written. Ironically if the wife had fessed up about her affair with her boss before it got all out of hand with the other employees and clients, he may have forgiven her and if not at least not gone scorched earth. But her continued betrayal and idiocy regarding the boss blackmailing her was just beyond

LeontheKingLeontheKingalmost 2 years ago

Incredible, to show such conflict in such a relationship

RalphTheRedNinjaRalphTheRedNinjaalmost 2 years ago

This is very well done. And yet, so miserable I wish I hadn't read it.

4 stars ;)

Buster2UBuster2Ualmost 2 years ago

Great Writing! 5 stars thanks for a good story of cheating and consequences. Justice for all. thanks, I love a happy ending.

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

It was interesting to hear Jennnifer's view of her life and why she did what she did. She made Michael sound like a saint. You have to wonder why people do what they do. It just makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I always wonder in some of these stories how two people with chidren can go on and on without talking to each other, without any sexual contact, and without at least fighting for over a year... never has even sounded the remotest of reality to me... I mean. sleeping in the same bed night after night and not even say anything?... I wouldn't allow something fester for more than a week before I would confront it head on until I got answers as to what was going on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No one learned a thing, no one changed, no one was redeemed... just souless emptiness and meaningless nihilism... and many a life, sadly, has been such.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Then you can have my last virginity. Love always, Jennifer

Once you idiotic writers go down the well worn "Ill give YOU my ass and not my husband" route I know your story will suck major donkey balls.

Pummel187 may wish to look at men, because as hard as it is for a Conservative to grasp the reality of it, men are far worse than women, you're just to fragile to face it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too much hurt for me....I don't get off on pain. Mine or someone else's. 2 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous