All Comments on 'An Evening at Marvin's Bar'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
looking4itlooking4itabout 10 years ago

I hope that was cathartic for you...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Can I have my 3 minutes back?

Sorry....There's no I in Team, but, there's U in SUCK......

It just didn't work.....

Should have been in a different place.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Why I submit as anon...

The reason I submit comments as "anon" is simple:

The box says: "your comment about (the story)", NOT the other commentators.

Apparently, I am the only person on LW who can read.

When I have submitted comments otherwise, even when polite and well intended, I got very rudely disrespected by subsequent commentators for simply having an opinion, including some of the people punned in your story. Worse, when I first signed up, people actually went to the effort of going through the site and sending me the WORST vile and nasty emails possible.

Either because I liked or didn't like a story.

Other than a psycho, who the hell does something like that?

So, I removed myself simply to stop the vomit being spewed at me.

And FYI, I am MILDLY in the BTB camp. Why?

1) Have you ever known a woman who in a divorce didn't want EVERYTHING if she could get it, including her ex's balls, even if she was the one causing or initiating the divorce? Hell, my own mother wanted everything from my father in their divorce (who never cheated but simply got sick of her shit) and she did almost nothing to deserve anything. She didn't work, keep house or cook worth a damn. So to me, essentially all women are BTB (burn the bastard.)

2) If this isn't enough, if there are kids involved, most women, with our precious legal system's assistance, will do everything they can to sever the relationship between father and child. She can keep you from seeing your child for a year and the asswipe in black will find a dozen reasons why she shouldn't be faulted, but be even a few days late (not weeks or months) with that support check and see how your sorry ass gets reamed. So I figure it is high time to start dumping tea into the harbor....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Who gives a shit why you submit as anon?

Seriously, noone but your mommy gives a rat's ass. Another insecure loser crying about unfair treatment by the bad wimmenz. God made you without stones, feel free to vent in the comments with the other geldings, sans the narcissistic drivel explaining why.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
AFTER READING THIS

why does Slaughter House Five come into ones memory. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
I Comment as Myself

When I came across this site and read a few LW tales it actually made me realize how dumb, stupid and blind I was with my dead whore wife. I gave myself the name because that's what I was. When communicating with authors and other commenters I use my real first name. When I submit my first tale (eventually) I'll join you in Marvin's.

Maybe

No rating..............nothing to rate

I didn't say it was bad, however. I just...just...just..........

Damn

zed0zed0about 10 years ago
YES!!!!

Your best story yet!

I'll bet I just gave you your first five star!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
zed0 the ped0 you nonce!

Stay away from the schoolyard you damn pederast!

oshawoshawabout 10 years ago

I thought it was hilarious,but, I was expecting another stellar LW story from you. Still I gave you the usual 5 stars.

snakes454snakes454about 10 years ago
just plain never finishes anything

Fuck me I laughed at that. I laughed several times reading this but that name...Fuck that was Fucking funny. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
lol

I like that just about all Stang had to offer was "women are stupid." Nailed it.

Wish I knew who a few of those were meant to be.

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Amusing

But the confusion between the role of author, reader and critic was not simplified by this exposition. In fact I was kind of hoping that FTDS would finish this one for us....

kelchakelchaabout 10 years ago
Goodbye?

Was this a bitter swan song from a very talented author? If so, going to miss your stories.

Was fun trying to figure out who was who, and I agree with a lot of your assessments.

Part of the fun here is reading the comments. I think you take it too much to heart, the mean spirited dinks just reveal their lack of ..................

Moving on to paid writing?

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 10 years ago
Wonder if you all have a hangover?

Anon didn't seem too sober. I didn't recognize a couple of the writers. Hope Carvohi wakes up, takes two aspirin, has a cup of coffee and a great day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Jezzaz tried something like this.....an awards show convention or something...

Hoping to inspire some sort of esprit-de-corps amongst Lit LW authors, I suppose. More like a desperate attempt to be "accepted" as one of the "better" ones. I'm surprised in your tirade, that you don't rail on the constant stealing of ideas, and re-submission of "that old chestnut" time and time again. What about those that have to finish other people's stories, or feel impulsively compelled to re-write the SAME story? You know, just to make it BETTER?

Hey guys, I really do appreciate that you write so I can read! But the "inside jokes", and banter about this "community", seemingly serves to just undermine the integrity of what it is you are supposedly trying to achieve. I say step back, try your best, and take any and all comments with a grain of salt. Surely, us "Anonymous Trolls" shouldn't be assumed to be just one lone angry commenter. Many different people, with diverse views, choose for their own reasons (as I do) to remain anonymous. Saying ALL anons are dumb, is the same as saying that ALL Americans eat cheeseburgers, or ALL women cheat, or ALL blacks have big dicks. THESE are the sweeping generalizations that paint YOUR ignorance, and promote a general stance that offends, alienates, and riles up opposition to your work. Despite being anonymous, I DO try to leave thoughtful, or constructive comments, when I think a comment needs to be left. Sure, not all people who comment here do. But then again, many "named" commenters ALSO leave non-constructive comments filled with hate. There ARE writers here that seem to write just for the artistry of doing so. It seems to me, the most successful of which, don't have the time or inclination to worry about comments- pro OR con. They seem to sit back, bemused simply with a response. If the hate and vitriol are enough to shut off your creative output, I say, use the same logic so many try to pimp out when defending "controversially themed" stories. How many times have you read " if you don't LIKE these stories, then why READ them in the first place?"

simple question-complicated answer

If you don't like the comments you receive, then why keep posting to this site?

I'm not a fan of apathy, but it always fascinates me how upset the people you say aren't worth a shit ("overweight perverted losers in mommy's basement"?) make you. If these people aren't worth the toilet paper they wipe their ass with, then why do you give them value by complaining about them, and letting all of us know they got your feathers ruffled?

Back to this story....

(here is my anony-troll smarmy, mostly one liner comment: ready to get pissed?)

What was the point? Where is the plot? Did this make you feel better when you were done?

and....

How long will we have to wait before you get back to just writing stories for the sake of just writing stories; without trying to mount some sort of political agenda?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
WOW.....Just WOW.....

I've liked all your stories but what the hell is this? Had a bad day maybe? Had an epiphany where you realize that no one is going to give you a Pulitzer for Erotic Literature? I had hoped you wrote because you enjoyed it. There are some very good writers here who can spin a noteworthy tale that holds your imagination and interest. Write because you enjoy it, if you don't find any satisfaction in your efforts anymore, then it may be time for you to bow out..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A good solid 1*

like all the rest of the meaningless drivel you write,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Witnessed you're

liberal meltdown in fanfare's comment section a couple of days ago. It appears you have very thin skin. When you put your writing out for public consumption you can expect some bad reviews. Hopefully you and you're friends can have a good laugh about the little poke in the eye here. How is Malcolm x by the way? Have you seen him lately?

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
LMAO!

I had to read this twice.

Picture this as a group of Muppet like characters.

Snicker ;)

Good one!

Thx

vietvetvietvetabout 10 years ago
IT:

Did'nt even rate a vote of "1"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I like your stories but what the hell was this about.

Just seconding previous comment , which is my thought too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Where you drunk when you wrote this one?

A bunch of guys at a bar blowing in the wind,

Alberta  AlAlberta Alabout 10 years ago
Funny?

I guess that this just went over my head. I didn't find it funny. Given the quality of your writing normally I didn't vote. Probably should have given it a 5 to offset the Anonymous 1s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I normally enjoy your stories but this.....

Felt like the ravings of an angry man. It certainly didn't have anything to do with a LW story. There were a couple of funny characterizations in it but I look forward to one of your normal stories next time, not the lunatic ravings of a mad man. Hint: If you don't like the comments on your stories - TURN THEM OFF!

Charley49erCharley49erabout 10 years ago
You must

have received many 1"s from Anon to be this angry. There are two kinds of satire: gentle and knife the universe. Clearly on the surface you seem gentle, but underneath you are expressing some serious anger at Anon and few well known critics on the LW sight. I appreciate the effort, but just as responding to ANon is a waster of time, I am afraid from reading the comment he does not get it. I would go back to your good writing and hope you were able to get this off your chest, so to speak and ignore Anon in the future, like he deserve.

MitchFraellMitchFraellabout 10 years ago
No wives and no loving

Plus you have pissed off all the authors you did not mention.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hope....

This was a catharsis. I liked the effort. Could have included a few more writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Maybe sometimes I just say 'what the fuck am I wasting my time here for?'"

That was the most appropriate line in the "story." This simply wasn't up to your usual standard. If you are going to do something like this, it absolutely must be funny. This was just a waste of everyone's time.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
I appreciated the humor in this.

I may be "flakey" but I thought that this was an interesting effort to do something a bit different and funny. It was fun putting pennames to the various characters.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
Is this 'goodbye' Carv?

If so, I've enjoyed your stay! Moving to 'Gay Male?'

shadowjack17shadowjack17about 10 years ago
About time someone called out the "anonymous"!

Here's the really funny thing: all the "1-voting" anonymous WILL read and comment on this one. Am I one of the very few who recognize satire when they see it? Soooooo well done, sir!

YathinkYathinkabout 10 years ago
Not original; Read it before

Nuff said.

YathinkYathinkabout 10 years ago
And if you can't stand the heat.... )))

you're REALLY in the wrong place. )))

My advice: Illegitimus non carborundum. )))

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
re:Who gives a shit why you submit as anon?

Apparently the part about “The box says: "your comment about (the story)", NOT the other commentators.” went over your head. Your post proved exactly what that person posted.

<P>

I noticed you didn’t post anything good about the story, just slamming others for presumably having a different opinion. (From your post I can only infer you have a different opinion, since, as I stated, you said NOTHING about the story.)

<P>

Your post is a text book example of the “insecure loser”. Someone dares think differently than you do, and you post an ignorant rant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
4*s

Very funny! The more often I go back and read it. The more I laugh !

Your writing skills are outstanding when you restrict your word count.

AMerryMan

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Funny Read***

Thanks for the laughs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Re: Anonymity

I have a user name and sometimes post comments using it. But guess what: I am still anonymous. Those commentators who seek to denigrate someone's comments because they are given using "Anonymous" as the name submitted under are full of hot air since they are anonymous also. My strong assumption is that no one (or so few it doesn't statistically matter) uses their real name, or any thing else in their biography that will allow people to discover who they really are. That being said, there is no reason to put people down who comment choosing to not only be anonymous, as we all are, but to also use "anonymous" to make their comments. Regardless of whether someone has an anonymous user name or goes by Anonymous nobody should have the right to be disrespectful or obnoxious in their comments. My god, this is free and writing takes a lot of effort. Nobody makes you read any story. Commentators should have the courtesy to respect the effort that the writer puts into the work and only give constructive criticism. I know there are some writers who are good writers who have quit writing because of abusive comments by people who do not agree with their particular point of view and this site is worse off for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Ha ha

Lol, I would say more but, I'm a reader not a writer.

With that I wish to thank all writers wether I like their stories or not.

This was a little dalliance in an otherwise uneventful day on LW.

katibkatibabout 10 years ago
Unusual

but you have given us insight with humor, for which I thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Damn near perfect

Thanks for this great read. 5* for you because:

It's entertaining.

You painted what is probably a very accurate picture of the writers.

Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Just turn the comments off.

I believe you mentioned doing that in the previous story, and it's a sound move. Understand that comments, specially in LW's vitriolic environment, require love or apathy to deal with. There's divas like Cantbuymy who get off on negative pess or those like Stang who don't give a rats ass. LW is unique because there is zuch a strong polar divide here. Other sites with this category deal with the same thing. If you're in this for the praise you've got the wrong category. It's more comparable to a pack of dogs rather than drunks.

For what it's worth, I like your stories for the most part. They show a streak of creativity, and departure from the perfect husband-cheating whore stories that dominate here. Keep that knack and keep the comments off. There are others like myself that recognize that you're not writing the same old BTB drivel. Yes, we LIKE that drivel or we wouldn't be here, but we also like a breath of fresh air now and again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
wow sounds like carvohi is about ready to cry....

mommy some people dont like my story.....whaaaaaaaaa

Please mommy please tell me i have talent.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great!

Great satire of the infamous, insidious "Anon". A definite 5-star contribution. I guess you've got to get it to get it... LW ain't the easiest to work in.

disturbedhrtdisturbedhrtabout 10 years ago
comment war

been reading a few of these stories thrown directly at anons guys the problem is simple if you dont want anons comments or dont have the balls to read them then go to your profile and turn them off. problem solved

now to the story as a fan from when you first posted this was crap if this is your goodbye then you failed. this has given me yet another reason not to read loving wives again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I agree, it's time you moved on.

If you're only writing to piss people off, you have succeeded.

Pissed-off people vote 1*.

Black_Dragon_PrincessBlack_Dragon_Princessabout 10 years ago
omg lmaooo 5*

holy shit ID was right!!! this is funny as fuck hun :3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
anonymity indeed

Several frequent commenters view this forum as their social life and their only friends are the other no-lifes commenting under &quot;gelding_101&quot; or &quot;irondookie&quot; or whatever. Where a normal person regards co-workers, acquaintances, roommates, etc as friends, the guys who spend thousands of hours on this forum see each other that way and not as anonymous.

That alter-ego is more real to them than the dork they see in the mirror. No fun being Dan Jones, cubicle-dwelling virgin with a neckbeard, when you can be &quot;dodge_neon&quot;self-appointed moral police of the hot wife category on a fuck story site.

This delusion is easily noticeable in their comments when they react to every fictional story as if it were a gospel recounting of an actual event instead of a stroke story.

paulsubpaulsubabout 10 years ago
A well delivered message

I have enjoyed reading your stories. They are well written with full character development and intricate plots. They stimulate the readers with hot sex scenes that are enveloped with realistic problems of the characters' lives.

I hope this story is not a farewell to your work as an author.

Thanks for your stories,

Paulsub

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 10 years ago
Well that was........

I'm not quite sure what that was all about? And I don't think I'll try to quantify or qualify it. But I do know one thing. You sure stirred up a hornets nest with the commentators! Someday, a very clever writer will take all the comments made pertaining to stories on this site, edit them a little, shuffle them around and create a story from them entitled "Dear Author" or "What I think" or my personal favorite, "Take That!" Should make for an interesting story and the comments would be legendary.

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
I'll miss you

But I can't blame you. This hub has turned into a sewer. Your stories have been and are still appreciated. Don't forget it. Thank goodness for the archives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
It's sayonara

God I hope so. And please do not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out you pedantic prick. I've hated your sorry ass since you chose to fuck up alex lover's Revelations with your bullshit.

I'm really surprised you would leave and don't believe you are. After all why would you when every time you post one of ten page repetitive crap stories your sycophants fall all over themselves telling you how fucking wonderful you are. But if you have left; SAYONARA and don't come back.

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 10 years ago
Often

We are harsh when we make comments. It's like some of us think it is a game to criticize unfairly if a husband isn't Rambo. There are few Rambo's in real life. If we criticize authors unfairly, soon we will have fetish authors's that don't care to write a story that makes sense to the average person. We will be left with cuck authors who only write for their own enjoyment and (maybe that shouldn't be a bad thing) but it usually is ramblings of how a guy wants a stud to fuck his wife. That makes no sense to me. Carvoli writes real life stories and should be appreciated as so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Disapointing

It is disappointing that so few can see the humour and the irony

BTTapBTTapabout 10 years ago
Haha

Nicely done, sir. I hope I can get a seat at the table, if anyone bothers to get together at Marvin's Bar again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
*Disappointing

This comments in this category are dominated by a dozen clueless closet cuckolds.

Closet cuckolds, by definition, have no balls or sense of humor.

Still disappointed that so few commenters can see the irony or humor?

green117green117about 10 years ago
anonymous comments...

It is kinda amusing to me the ragging on the anony-mice.

A lot of them don't seem to be old enough to grow a beard, neck or no.

I mean, even some of the named comments (BILLYTHEGER comes to mind) sound like the prepubescent.

My 10 year old son a year ago was cruising the pictures - I had to tell him about sad people who post really horrifying pictures (scat, and more)... and if he is cruisin' the tubes for porn, you can be sure that some of the chat here is sourced by children.

Literotica, corrupting minds fer (how long?)... and loving wives, giving emotional support to gay youth who are not entirely clear on their orientation...

Which is to say - yes, ignore the trolls - they feed on attention, and some of them will finally get through puberty, find out who and what they can love, and stop.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
I noticed

On your profile page you don't have your address or real name how very curious you should attack others for being anonymous when you yourself choose to remain so as well.

"Pay no heed to me at your discretion for I'm insane beyond comprehension."

bobby9909bobby9909about 10 years ago
If this is your parting shot...

I, for one, will miss you. If it's not, then THANK YOU!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Cucks

One thing I have learned is that the cuckolds are people who get shat upon humiliated treated as garbage of no account and are too weak to move on. Believe they are reasonable and forgiving.as they are affirming they are inferior and deserve what they get because they reward it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Holy Shit!!

I truly hope the comments below mine are tongue in cheek pick ups on the story thread -

But deep in my soul I know they are just that clueless and stupid - just as inept as the idiots the story talked about -

It is just scary how easily you go them to show up and prove your point - DAMN

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
I hate anon comments...but...

I don't like anon comments...but not all are wrong...But @carvohi wrote a good parody about writers and people who comment their work...But there are always one truth: without writers aren't readers and without readers aren't writers...

SELSTIMSELSTIMabout 9 years ago
I have a Dream (or at least a solution)

That was different. But I think I can help. In the course of my career I've developed and implemented various parenting workshops. I believe that if I worked with The Government I could implement a parenting program that would teach parents how to condition their children to all think and behave the same. Granted it would take several generations but after awhile the comment section could start out with one comment and all the following readers could just say "ditto". Of course, with The Government overseeing the project everyone would also vote the same and probably do away with Freedom of Speech and the rest of those pesky rights that insures individuality. So, you would probably have to find a different venue to publish your stories but all your readers will agree with what you write and their corresponding ratings will all be 5s because that is the way they'll be conditioned to respond to the writing that you are conditioned to write (by me, after I condition The Government). Do no Harm. There will be no divorce, no wars, no crime, no drugs (we'll be high on life), no need for police, lawyers, politicians, borders, .... Fuck it! It all sounds too boring. Long live Anon. Free speech is a good thing. Even Harry, I can tell by his comments that he's actually pretty intelligent. He's also very consistent if you've ever read any of his comments in other categories, he plays no favorites. Frankly, I enjoy reading others' comments even if they are completely opposite of what I think. Sure, I've taken a few pokes at a few readers' comments, especially, if they are attacking the author or one of his characters because of their narrow point of view of what is right or wrong but for the most part, I enjoy the diversity and the battles. Sometimes it scares the shit out of me that so many people think that way but I would rather have them writing it than doing it. Also, the alternative scares me more. Zombie readers, "Good Job, I like story, I give it 5 because I always give 5s" Damn, I should have published this. It would have to be in SciFi, though. Feel free to rate it but I will erase anything below a 3 and if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. Except, HDK he can insult you and make you laugh at the same time. Now that's real talent. Except I still haven't finished his story about those two perfect teenagers that save their family, friends, the President,s daughter, her dog, rock n roll and the world all while being allowed to fuck in their parents house because their parents are so understanding. I started it two years ago and still can't tell if he's serious. I guess he was just trying something different. And Lastly, I want to thank carvohi. No, not for the story but for inspiring me to think about what it would be like if everybody had nothing but peace in their hearts and all thought alike. Thank you, Thank you

cw159cw159over 8 years ago
Different

Now that was funny.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Not Rated. Too much of an inside storty for me.

Is this what the writers do in the writers' forum? Since I've never signed up (too dangerous in 21st Century America to become identified as being on a porn site. And don't tell me the two moderators wouldn't sing like canaries if left wing or right wing fanatics ever feel like exerting some muscle).

Too much of an inside joke for ne. Not rated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just Wonderful!

Nuff said.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2over 5 years ago
lmfao

at least this one was funny and we didn`t have to read about the hero accepting his wife`s infidelity but it does show what a sick society we live in.

good job

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
Delving into the realm of biting satire, are we?

With into swerve into some smack jive? Grin.

I wonder if you actually have had responses from some of your co contributors (victims?).

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Ok

Glad you got that off your chest, now go write some more good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Don't Suppose

The Stallion owns a couple of Mustangs and a Jeep? Just asking... ;-o Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

uhhh

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ ... humorous ...

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Spat my tea......looool

AstordatairAstordatairabout 1 year ago

This one made my day! 10 stars!!

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

I see why the score was so low!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It’s a shame to see an author with a useful perspective, legitimate abilities, and some novel writing accoutrements to make for unique narratives fall so flat on a parody or satyrical piece.

~

There’s nothing wrong with wanting an improvement in grammar. Imagine telling William Jennings Bryan that he could improve his rhetoric in 1888 and instead of it being contemplated, he tells you to fuck off and subsequently loses three presidential elections and is remembered as an idiot defending creationism rather than a trailblazer.

~

Regardless, try not to get caught in the muck of writing. Frankly 1066 is a classic and you do have very good entries here to make your contributions not only appreciated, but staples in this category.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous