All Comments on 'An Eye to the Future'

by Penelope Street

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
patricia51patricia51over 19 years ago
Wonderful as always

Loved the story. Sweet, sexy and with a definite edge that raises it over the usual bar. I enjoyed her coming to terms with herself and realizing how much better she could make her own life if she determined to do so. Thank you Penny.

carsonshepherdcarsonshepherdover 19 years ago
Snap!

Perfect in every way. "The person I'm changing into won't be interested in you." That's a wonderful line and this is a wonderful story, just like all your stories.

Congratulations!

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 19 years ago
great

a great love story..... very nice and well written

writingdragonwritingdragonover 19 years ago
Wonderful Love Story

Well done Ms. Penelope, good interaction between characters, as well as the final understanding that the end in this case, is the beginning of her heartfelt journey.

Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
bEAUTY

I think Patricia said it all in her comment. A very beautiful, heartwarming story with a little erotic sex thrown in for good measure. Thanks 60 year old George

rgraham666rgraham666over 19 years ago
God damn

That was good!

A fine piece of writing. The characters were so subtly delineated. Matt's swinish selfishness, Becky's pain and growth and Gus' kind honesty were done so very well.

And the final climax! So loving and hot. And different. So unusual for characters to have unsyncopated orgasms. It really made the story stand out.

What a fine story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Self-empowerment is a wonderful thing!

Ms. Street,this was a story worth publication. It was a painfully sweet reminder about not letting other people or circumstances define you. Keep up the wonderful work.

P.S. The end had me grabbing for some ice water to cool the flames.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I love dark chocolate,

preferably the kind that contains 70 - 80% cocoa, but I know if I have too much, I have to loosen my belt. I feel the same way about Penelope Street's stories - DO NOT overindulge, only read in measured quantity!!!

They are always well written, with a twist that surprises me, some of them have a theme that borders on taboo's like 'Open Sores' - even if it shouldn't be a taboo. I have never read a finer story about STD's - come to think about it, I have never seen another story about STD's. This story, 'An Eye to the Future', also has a theme, that makes some people uncomfortable, even if it shouldn't. Becky comes to terms with her misfortune and through that finds her man.

'Every Girl Should Have a Friend Named Betty' is another great story, again with the twist, I've come to expect from Penelope - I REALLY didn't see that one coming and laughed so hard that tears rolled down my cheeks!

'The Right Side of the Wall' is a BDSM story, and yet it is so much more - I showed it to a lady friend of mine who has been living as a submissive for more than twenty years, and who's had her share of masters with whips and soldering irons, and she loved it. According to her it's a true representation of what a BDSM relationship should be and all too often isn't.

The pace of the stories is just right, the settings and the characters convincing and believable, and most of all: Penelope either does a very good job herself or has a very good editor. Nothing turns me off like reading about how ' he put his arms about her waste and starred into her deep blue ears'.

I have two problems with Penny. The first is, I can't decide wich of her stories I like best. the second is that in 2004 she poste 11 stories, in 2005 she also posted 11, but this year, with about 75% of the year gone, she has only posted 4! On the other hand, if she's going to keep the numbers the same, we can look forward to a large number of new stories in the next couple of months ;-)

If for some reason, she isn't as prolific a poster this year, I find solace in the fact, that I haven't read all her stories yet, and also that her stories can be read more than once.

Scotsman69Scotsman69almost 13 years ago
Thank you

For the beauty of your writing.

Gandalph59Gandalph59almost 13 years ago
Bloody good read

Loved the concept, and the way it was written. I am not even close to being considered a 'critic' - so it is just what I think. I think part of the reason I enjoyed it is because I would lurv to meet a woman like this. My ego tells me I would luv to be a hero, and my soul tells me I would luv to help someone in a situation like this. As a mature male, I can appreciate the beauty of a woman simply from a smile, or her eyes, or her hair (plus the usual collection of manly likes - tits, buns, legs, waist)

I would welcome this monocular beauty into my life anytime

lowkeyonelowkeyoneover 8 years ago
WOW

You have done it again. Another brilliant, well written story. THANK YOU.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow!

The redemptive value of confidence and knowing you're complete is life-affirming.

roveroneroverone10 months ago

Incredible, for a number of reasons...

A) was going to start my comment with WOW also, then read the last two comments below and decided...eh!

B) that it's been over 6 yrs since last comment-this is really a first-rate piece, really surprised you don't have more followers-I'm one now-this an easy 5, bookmark...and going to explore more of your stories, tho if oldest comment `17 yrs old realise you've probably stopped posting

C) Gus's perception, and forwardness

D) her 'Now!' re dinner turning into a SMOKING hot shag even before 1st date(& him NOT packing 7/8/9 inches!), plus him asking 'dinner now?' after...like Dan Savage always says-fuck first!

E) wholly personal note/predilection-Gus found a muffin on her mons...LOVE it!

NB-her ex- Matt was SUCH a dick/tool

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous