All Comments on 'An Interview with Superman'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 272 Comments
laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 10 years ago

You never disappoint...

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

Ok have to admit that was an entertaining read, and the end, loved it.

Great story

nothing left to say except for 5/5

wotmewotmeover 10 years ago

well done, interesting and funny 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
SHORT HAPPY LIFE

The best ever. Brilliantly written. What are you doing here?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. In the end The cape was no longer needed as his confidence was back and the ex now wore a bag over her face. A happy ending also. Excellent.

AdferAdferover 10 years ago
Well Done

I think this is the best story I've ever read on Loving Wives. The plot idea was brilliant and it was so beautifully told. I think it reveals valuable insights into how to deal with crises. The characters are real people, especially Alex in something so improbable as his Superman outfit. Having Elle as the narrator worked well. The 'guardian angel's contribution made an effective rounding off to the tale.

Very good work.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
What a great story

It was a pleasure to find a great story like this. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

A breath of fresh air!

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
BEHIND AND AROUND EVERY MAN, WOMAN AND RELATIONSHIP

is for ever a guardian angel or two. TK U MLJ LV NV

doberincadoberincaover 10 years ago
Thank you!

A great and fun story. 5*.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Closer to the heart, farther from cliches !

Weird Introduction but perpetual gentleness of narrative enticed me past first pothole of investing time in potentially creepy, costumed character. I was braced for a fight between lead character & the large, belligerent guy at the bar. It was surprising and gratifying, the tension dissolved with bonding & hug.

That was one of many deft little literary touches by F.M. . The beauty & pitfalls of New York was showcased very well. The author made 'The Big Apple' a supporting character in his story just as well as Woody Allen early efforts.

The discarding of cape with tights & explanation of why the costume had become ' superfluous' pretty much closed the show in bravura style. Lovely - this is the Superman story that should have been scripted for summer movie by my tastes. *****

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

A brilliant storyline. Very creative. Your best every! Five stars.

statestreetstatestreetover 10 years ago
Excellent tale!

Back in the '70s and '80s I lived in NYC and have seen first hand how some people cope with life in the big city by doing things outside their normal personalities. For the most part as long as they weren't pushy or belligerent, they were accepted and life went on.

A very minor point -- at the beginning you mention a subway stop on Queen's Blvd. Queens is spelled without the apostrophe.

Other than that, 5 *s from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice to See The Super Bitch Humiliated

Excellent. Nice story and the hero won in the end. The villain lost of her own actions.

DustyRhinoDustyRhinoover 10 years ago
one of your best

Liked the fact that you minimized the skank and put way more ink to the "hero".

Tx Tall TalesTx Tall Talesover 10 years ago
Bravo!

Alright, I'm officially jealous.

I love many of your stories, the underrated Miz Sara series, Heart of the Prairie, and The Honey Trap come to mind.

This is so unique and creative it astounds me. What a great character, and incredible premise. Your best work to date.

I only wished it lasted longer, the ending almost seemed rushed, but the roommate Terri was terrific. Thank you for creating this memorable tale.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Nice

Good story, in many ways - more than a Loving Wives story. You lost it in the finsih, the ending was weak. If you wanted to tie things up with the roommate's meeting, it should have been more subtle, and a little less patronizing with the Yiddish. More should have been made of the transfer of humiliation from Alex to his ex. That is the real ending. The sense that justice has been done and he no longer has to live in shame and hide in a costume. How many people walk around out there hiding behind a persona to protect themselves from pain? That was where this was going but it got muddy in the end. ( I am being picky, but only because the writing and the plot were so good.)

hosedathomehosedathomeover 10 years ago
WTF!?

How in the world did I just spend this time reading this story and enjoying it so much? I don't go on literotica to read well written, smart, funny, well developed characters. Literotica is just something I use to achieve a little self satisfaction. Not actually read a story and have my brain be stimulated. Now I guess I have to read more of your stories on here. Damn you for making me not want to read my porn! Well done.

C_frommnC_frommnover 10 years ago
Great Story

Loved the Characters and the way the came together and to see The EVIL Ex get hers and her Chosen one to be dropped and sent packing was the Coup de Grace.

BriteaseBriteaseover 10 years ago
wonderful

I think you're superman!

angiquesophieangiquesophieover 10 years ago
so sweet and lovely

who'd thought to find a real modern days' fairytale on this site.

including three fairy godmothers, a prince of steel and the sweetest,

achingly modest cinderella. the horrible stepmother was once-removed,

so to speak, but she was very well suited to be hated with a vengeance.

loved it, really loved it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

What an original idea. Perfectly executed too. Five stars.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Excellent!

Thanks for sharing another super story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very, very good tale.

On rare occasions, Literotica does post a quality story. This is DEFINITELY one of them. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Take it easy Francis....

and don't let all of the syrupy praise swell your head! However, I have to agree with ALL of it! You are one of the best writers here. Most (if not all) of your stories knock it out of the park (including this one). The characters are always strong and well crafted. You pursue truly original ideas, and put them to paper in a very accessible style. You humanize pain and betrayal, yet still allow for growth and happiness. Readers want to root for your success, and can't wait for your next effort. We all wonder how you got to be so good at doing what you do, and are inspired in our own efforts by your high standards for quality. Please, never stop writing, and please continue to grace this site with your creative energies! Thank you!

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

And very well written. Thanks.

Maybe it should have been in the Romance category but if it was I might not have found it so thanks for putting it in Loving Wives too.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 10 years ago
Another Great Read

A very enjoyable read and please keep up the good work.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5* just super

Great story.

gt_readergt_readerover 10 years ago
Another great story

Another great story by a solid author. The story had a good plot, a nice pace and the background was nicely fleshed out. The softie in me loved that the bad guys got the shaft while the good guys prospered. Best of all, the good guys did nothing to demean their own character.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 10 years ago
So Very Glad

that the Francis Macomber who began to entertain his readers with the wonderful Miz Sara is back!! Liked reading this tale. No, edit that, LOVED this story.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Brilhiant Romance.

The author must of put it the Loving Wife category because it has an EVIL EX and because it will get many more readers than in the Romance Category. It will also probably get a lower grade because he did not personally take care of revenge and did not even think of it, thank goodness.....

I loved the story and the newpaper reporter is an excellent character.

DeYaKenDeYaKenover 10 years ago
Wonderful Story

I usually like your stuff but this one was especially good. Guess I#m just an old softy but I loved it.

BTW how does Superman make love?

A;: Very Carefully.

JennyBearJennyBearover 10 years ago
YES!

Fantastic, it made my day to see your name on the new submiisions this morning. I loved it! Nobody does it better on Lit. TY

Jen

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story

Over the top on building self estime. Many times it is your outlook that makes things happen for you. The Superman costume was just a prop to influence the outcome.

From:

Control_Master_ (Too lazy to sign in)

jasonnhjasonnhover 10 years ago
Outstanding

Superman fights for truth and justice and that is exactly what Alex got, simply by being a good man and deciding to exercise a little courage.

Great story.

K.K.K.K.over 10 years ago
A DEFINITE 5

This story was written by a superhero. Great read and worth a 5 any day of the week.

Thanks for sharing.

KK

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
Franny Mac...you did it again!!

Great read, great characters, great plot, great ending. Nuff said!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story.

Glad to see the hero become a man instead of the usual bullies and psychopaths that litter the LW landscape.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
Anyone that tries to write a story can vouch

for how hard it is to craft a plot that has not been used a hundred times before. Most of us that read stories should have guessed that it isn't easy since there are so few original, intelligent, well conceived stories. To have such varied, but excellent writers, like Angie, Triple T and Double K praise your work is the absolute best compliment you can achieve. As I read this story, I marveled at the plot and the character development. It was superb. It will likely sit on the "top ten" throne of Loving Wives stories for a very long time. The "hero" in this was a hero and believable. His Lois Lane, reporter for the Dailey Planet, was perfect. Just well thought out, right down to the newspaper connections. I have this great idea for Spiderman!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 10 years ago
Anyone that has ever tried to write a new story can vouch

for how hard it is to craft a plot that has not been used a hundred times before. Most of us that read stories should have guessed that it isn't easy since there are so few original, intelligent, well conceived stories. To have such varied, but excellent writers, like Angie, Triple T and Double K praise your work is the absolute best compliment you can achieve. As I read this story, I marveled at the plot and the character development. It was superb. It will likely sit on the "top ten" throne of Loving Wives stories for a very long time. The "hero" in this was a hero and believable. His Lois Lane, reporter for the Dailey Planet, was perfect. Just well thought out, right down to the newspaper connections. I have this great idea for Spiderman!

mallahmallahover 10 years ago
Well Done...

A Five Star effort, thanks so much for this entertaining story. Nice to see that you have up your 'game' so to speak. I eagerly anticipate your next tale of woe. LOL...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks!

Romantic and new. well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
a good happy story for a change

like a happy well written story every time

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Well done

You never dissapoint. This story made me miss New York.

murphy621murphy621over 10 years ago
Good work!

You hit a home run with this one.

Plot and characters are just fine

MaximguyMaximguyover 10 years ago
Love your work typically.

I'm sure I'm missing out on a good story, but the formatting made this where I didn't want to read it. His story is important, but reading it like that turned me off.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 10 years ago
Not your best, but a good serviceable story.

This wasn't as good a story as, say, "The Honey Trap," but it was enjoyable enough. No significant flaws that I noticed. And it's a REALLY original premise. Good job. As I think I've noted before, it's always a good day when I see something new with your byline.

Once again I find myself wishing for a rating system with more nuance, as I think it deserves better than a "4," but don't feel it's quite up to a level that really justifies a "5." Growf. Grumble. Rowerbazzle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fresh Air

So happy to see a FM story today. A 4*s flower among the LW crap bed today.

Smells sweet .

Keep writing FM.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

Saved as a favorite!

A short course in life.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
Not that Good. what a sad weak loser

The story itself is pretty well done and the writer has serious talent.. But we have known that about this particular author for some time. The problem here is that once again ...as with Most of Francis Macomber stories... the husband is essentially a dead horse who gets beaten by everybody and every one

.

This author seems to have the fixation that no matter what happens in the story... no matter what sort of horrible behavior is committed by the wife... And the husband pretty much just lays there and takes shit.

The superman suit shows a guy who is not just emotionally shattered but somebody who is a very weak and is a rather sad and pathetic man. It never occurs to this zero of a human being to sue the law firm .

It never occurs to this is zero of a human being that his so called friends at the publishing house are not friends .. but are actually there to hurt HIM and protect the wife.

And when something bad finally happens to the ex wife where she ends up having to pay some sort of consequences to her deceit adultery and betrayal ... that happens ONLY because of a another woman doing or saying something.

.

In other words throughout the entire interaction between Glenda and the superman loser.... Glenda kicks his ass every single time.

In other words a typical FM story

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Yes fresh air.

Damn good story and 5*****.Yes!

@FM I hope you change your mind and will publish your stories on SOL (storiesonline dot net). If yes you would change your mind you could start with "The Six O'clock News Slot".

SpykkeSpykkeover 10 years ago
A nicely crafted story with originality.

I can't agree with HVA - the ex wife was just a sour harpie who made a lot of noise. Was Alex a wimp or loser? NO he worked out how to deal with his plight. Come on HVA write something and impress us. As they say Put up or ...

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
For Yx100 million people

Some commenters do not imagine the most people will not be Henry Ford, Einstein or Napoleon. To find the happiness does not mean to be the president of the GE, Toyota or Shell only.

To find the soul peace to get rid of a cheating wife and to change a BETTER WOMAN, who is more capable to be very good mother of the DNA test proof children and a good job..............

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 10 years ago
Thanks SuperFrancis

Well done! Again!

drmrbludrmrbluover 10 years ago
belief in self

This story puts life back into the people who have been trampled on by those of the selfish inclination. Well, for a sort while any way. This is a nice break from heart rending news.

maninconnmaninconnover 10 years ago
Nice job!

A real feel good story, thanks!

memorable_eventmemorable_eventover 10 years ago
As good as writing gets on this site.

Outstanding! Your characters are real and you captured and described their emotions as well as anyone I've read. This was the first story from you that I've read. Now going back to read all the others. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Perfect.

Wifey is done. Supes has moved on. Great stuff, man!

5 HUGE Stars, and wish I could give it 5 more!

katranmankatranmanover 10 years ago
Superb

A really fine story by someone who knows how to craft wonderful characters and fresh story ideas. Thanks so much FM! *5 stars all day, every day, and twice on Sunday!!

toddster119toddster119over 10 years ago
Great story.

When I read this, I initially rolled my eyes, considering that Superman is my favorite fictional character. But I read this and it was a well crafted story with characters I got involved with. A rare story that left a genuine smile on my face. Thank you. This story really made my day. 5 stars all the way!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

What a pathetic fucking faggot! 'wifey left me for another man, I couldn't satisfy her, I am all devastated and destroyed, sob sob, so I am gonna play dress up and walk the streets'. Jesus, why didn't he just fucking kill himself already!?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Great romance

I really liked the twist at the end - that was way cool (fits but I didn't see it coming). Excellent character development and well written, well paced story. I found myself really rooting for this couple.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
Another 5* story from a master story teller!

In my day job, I have interviewed many nuts. So I know where Elle was coming from!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

its a nice story but doesnt deserve so high ratings. 3/5. the guy was a bit of a wimp.

JustForPostingJustForPostingover 10 years ago
Always a pleasure to see a new FM story

This one, though, not so much.

First, the premise, while original, was so far-fetched I couldn't get into it.

Second -- and worse, in my view -- is how this was virtually a clone of Ask Aunt Agatha. Guy struggles on the bottom rung os Corporatiana, while wifey is comparatively more successful, and gets swept up in glamour, wants a divorce, and is suddenly whisked away with no real retribution.

Also, there's a jarring shift near the end, when the young lovers leave, and the story downshifts into third-person, centering on Terri, with no demarcation.

Love your stuff, but not this one.

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
Chutzpah yes, yenta no.

A yenta is a gossip. The Yiddish word for a matchmaker is a shadcham. Aside from this very minor technical glitch your story was absolute perfection. Also, thanks for bringing back the memories of all those years that I rode the E and F trains to get to work in Manhattan from Queens.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 10 years ago
Great story.

My one issue is that the wife turned into a total evil shrew too easily. No setup. Restbofvstory was based on how people think, but she was like cartoon character ( pun totally intended).

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Story For Me.

I really enjoyed it, and thats the point, right.

cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Up Up and away! 5*****

Fun tale, well done and entertaining!

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
what a wonderful read

thanks for a wonderful read. yup. Up, up, and away, can't say it any better. A really uplifting story. Thanks

MapleMilkMapleMilkover 10 years ago
Very Nice!

Very Nice Indeed! 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
+loved it

read all your stories,have not found one i did'nt like

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
As usual

A classic by Francis,and with evil law firm people to boot *lol*.The nyc setting was great and others are correct,it is like an earky woody allen project,and the yiddish usage is perfect,don't let anyone break you over that.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Wonder Woman

So, the REAL superhero(ine) is Terri the Roomie! If this were a 'Stang story, the trio would have met on the island to chortle!

Nicely done. I was expecting that the manuscript Superman gave his boss was Sweetie's, but that would either be 'abusing his position' or 'way too coincidental!'

5*

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Great Read*****

Fine piece of writing my friend. Thanks for sharing this very entertaining story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice

A very pleasurable read. Thanks. 5x5

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Fantastic Story!! 5 Big Stars

What a fantastic character in Alex. The development of his persona was very original. Then to come up with the Superman costume was brilliant. So much emotion hidden behind the cape! Still have a great feeling for Terri Terrific. You could almost do a story based on her!!

Hope you have more in the works but you'll be hard pressed to top this one!!

Welcome back!! Looking forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

You do good work, but this one was a bit special. A superman outfit??? I loved it. Oddly, the more I read the story, the more I felt that in real life people might just react as you had them react in the story. Well done.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well that was funny

Something about not spitting on Superman's cape? I do hope that his ex-wife had to leave town. And was it HIS publishing company that offered the contract? A nice touch that.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 10 years ago
Very good!

That is some piece of writing. It could easily fallen into bathos but you handled it just right. The sex scenes (what we all come here for, right?) were well written but not central to the story; I like that. I hope to read more from you.

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Always rush to read your new stories

This one was simply Perfection in Pose! Still one of your biggest fans

Richie4110Richie4110over 10 years ago
Simply Great

I try to give 5stars only to those stories that near perfection. This one is a 5 plus. The characters are well developed, the story flow was compelling, and the sense of completion was fulfilling.

Thank you for sharing your talent with me.

victor85victor85over 10 years ago
Brilliant

Brilliant!! simply brilliant!! This story reminded me of a Korean movie "A man who was superman', though the plots and storylines are way different. Mr. Macomber has never failed to deliver. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
stellar!

FM, you often hit home runs with your writing. Characterization is nearly always flawless, story lines strong and clear. But this time you went way beyond excellence!

Every mistreated, betrayed or cheated human will likely let out a happy, "YES!!", for how you story unfolded.

Our hero didn't resort to BTB tactics (that we all enjoy from time to time), no animals were harmed in the making if this story, he gets a great lady in the end and the ex, Glenda, gets the payback she deserves......what's not to love?

So, one item: the book that Alex submitted that got him the promotion....might that be the same book Elle wrote under a pen name and that Terri submitted????????

Is there a second installment in the offing?

Anyway, methinks we could all use the help of a good Yenta at one time or other in our lives.

Steady on, Captain. West by south and on to Tartuga, as you order!!

chris73170chris73170over 10 years ago
great story

i loved it. it was not what i expected which made me love it even more.

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenover 10 years ago
as always great stuff Francis

another great read by one of my favorite authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A good one

You could have extended the finish. But a great read.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Longer epiloge

I think more readers would have read longer epiloge of this story as I would have like. JPB's custom is not too good to follow. If our brain works in the deep love state, it may be difficult for our some human fellows to switch this brain working state off quickly, as Alex's brain worked in this story. However more high EQ women find this type men to be good long term mates for themselves as here Elle thought......................Alex switched through his brain to be love in other (better) woman and get rid of the superman costume and his disapointment state...........

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
A Great Story with lessons for all!

Very upbeat and with lessons for the reader about enjoying life and communicating and giving the gift of interest and appreciation to others! Thank you very much Francis.10 stars if possible. Dan

FireFox59FireFox59over 10 years ago
Liked It

Well done!!

ChupasChupasover 10 years ago
wow

This is a great story. You are extremely talented. You seem to make the characters and story a focus more than just the sex. You are a serious writer and I love it.

curioussscuriousssover 10 years ago
HDK said it

You are truly exceptional with original plots.

Not only that but you back it up with superb dialogue and a realistic (I imagine) description of what it's like for a phallus to enter a vagina.

Most of all though, you got the emotions right.

Thank you.

curioussscuriousssover 10 years ago
Harry, I think it's a good story...

...precisely because of what you said, except that I reverse your take on the emotions.

This is a semi-light_hearted look at life in a very expensive and intimidating city.

The cast is an odd one and it deserves an odd approach.

Please don't treat everything as if it's BTB vs RAAC - there is life in difference and you got a happy ending where two mice (lovely people that they are) roared!!!

Fabulous - I wish you could enjoy it for what it is but that's for you to judge.

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 10 years ago
A StandOut

This story is not only one of the best I've ever read on LIT, and as I've said before, there are some very good stories here, but it's one of the best I've ever read ANYWHERE! congratulations

DQS

Northern_WriterNorthern_Writerover 10 years ago
Almost missed this one

I can't believe how close I came to missing the pleasure of reading this story. I started reading it yesterday and stopped, thinking it was just silly. Something pulled me back today, and I loved it. Thanks for yet another enjoyable story. Five stars!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 10 years ago
Original, creative, and well-written

Not the typical story found in the LW category. Thoroughly enjoyed the story from beginning to the end. The best I've read, so far.

Thanks for posting.

martshubby12martshubby12over 10 years ago
Story with a different twist

I almost didn't read this and that would have been to my displeasure. I started reading it and quit. Finished it today. Five stars for a great story.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Now look what you've made me go and do, Francis.

I've come over all fluffy and sentimental. A brilliantly far-fetched fable - honed sparse (five pages is good for me) in thought process and the editing room to sheer readability perfection. Even the hackneyed ending hardly detracted it was so deliberate. You had to end the story somehow.

Personally, the way you drew the character of Elle, I didn't go for his chances too much with her in the long run, but that's a different story....5*

LadyVerLadyVerover 10 years ago
Entertaining story

I haven't been able to read many stories lately, but the title caught my eye in the New Story list. With some hesitation (because of the category), I clicked on the link. Great story. It was nice to see a LW story that wasn't about revenge, but moving on. First time to read a story by this author. Will have to read more of his stories when I get a chance.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3over 10 years ago
I Wasn't Going To Read This, But...

I saw the title and thought it would be a stupid story by one of the bad writers on lit. Then I saw the author's name and just HAD to read the story.

As usual, FM, you have come up with a different and wonderful story. It even has a bit of BTB in it (Glenda & her lover getting fired and humiliated). I've always loved your Miz Sarah stories and this one is as good as those were. I'm glad you don't post weekly. It gives you time to refine your stories. I gave you 5* and would give you more if I could.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous