An Unbreakable Desire Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lena laughed, "Sometimes. It's really hit or miss. The last time I ate here I got food poisoning."

Zane looked horrified.

Lena gave a slow, wide smile. "I'm kidding," she said finally.

"The food is actually, surprisingly yummy." Zane was still in disbelief.

The two sat talking about trivial topics, both returning playful banter, until their meals arrived. Zane took a bite of the poached egg covered in hollandaise sauce. Surprisingly the food was actually quite flavorful. In the midst of their conversation, Zane barely noticed the two young men dressed in baggy shorts and tees enter the restaurant, taking seats at a booth perpendicular to them. Ares eyed them suspiciously, watching them for several long moments before focusing on his own meal.

"...yeah, so I had to run outside these door so quickly. The old owner was chasing us down..." Lena was in the midst of telling Zane about the time she got into a fight at this restaurant, when she notice through her peripherals a bright flint of light reflect off metal,. She turned in time to see the two young men draw guns, pulling them from the waistband of their shorts. Lena realized their target. She grabbed Zane around the neck pulling him towards the ground.

"Watch out!" she screamed.

Eight shots rang through the air. The screams of innocent bystanders rippled through the small restaurant. Plates and glasses crashed, breaking immediately at contact. Zane rolled Lena beneath him, pulling out his own weapon and firing several shots. Ares and Cole drew their own weapons and fired. They didn't miss. Lena watched from underneath Zane as bullets connected with the flesh of their attackers. Eventually, the men collapsed to the ground, dead. They bled furiously, staining the yellow tiles, red. The screaming slowly diminished and people fled from their hiding spots. Lena picked herself off the ground, cutting her hand on a broken plate. Zane helped her to her feet, dusting off the remnants of the attack. Lena was shaking wildly. Shock and fear flowed through her like a knife cutting soft butter. Zane pulled her close, placing kisses on the top of her head, while he led her out the door.

"I'm so sorry..." Zane said sincerely, "It's all over now, you're safe. I'm so sorry."

Ares and Cole checked the dead bodies. They spotted the Averda insignia on the base of the guns. Both men gave each other a knowing look. Before leaving, Cole confiscated the guns, and Ares dropped off a bunch of large bills in front of Clarissa, who was cowering behind the server's desk.

****************************************************

James stared as the black car left his view. He stood at the edge of the property for several moments before rushing back inside.

He immediately grabbed his wife, crushing her soft folds against himself.

"Are you alright? Where are the kids?"

Kyna looked frightened, but calmed as she stared into her husband's eyes. "What's going on?" she asked timidly.

"I don't know, love. I don't know. But, something is not right."

James pushed himself away from his wife. He ran his fingers through his short blond locks, walking up and down the small distance of the kitchen. His anger grew at each step he took.

"Fuck!" He screamed, kicking the kitchen chair in his way.

Kyna flinched. "James," she said pleadingly.

Hearing her plead, James began to calm down. "Where are the kids?" He asked once more.

Kyna hugged her beloved, resting her head upon his shoulder, "I told them to hide in the cellar under the floor."

James kissed his wife, "I don't know what to do," he finally said.

The two lovers stood in silence, holding each other.

The screeching of tires caused James to act. He ran to the window, and watched as two men in suits exited the silver SUV.

"Kyna, go hide." James asked with his fear showing through.

"No!" Kyna yelled.

"Kyna!" James argued, "Go!"

"I said no, James! Lena stands by your side at every problem, and at every sign of danger. I will not stand behind you, not anymore!"

"Love, I am begging you!"

The sound of tapping broke them from their argument. The two looked at the door to see the men standing before them. Both were in dark grey, three-piece suits. James eyed the small silver pin that rested on the smaller man's collar.

'Averda.'James thought to himself. He instinctively stood in front of his wife.Old habits die hard.

"Can I help you two...gentlemen?" Kyna said from behind her husband.

James gave her a hard stare.

Kyna looked at the two men in her doorway. The taller man was absolutely gorgeous. He had chiselled features, hard cheekbones and a muscular frame beneath his tailored suit. His eyes were entrancing. They were an ocean blue, with flints of orange encircling the dark irises. The shorter man was also handsome. He was slim but still quite toned. He wore black framed glasses that suited his face attractively. His hair was dark brown and slightly longer than she'd expect from someone of his stature, coming down just short of reaching his shoulders.

"I'm looking for my money," The bigger man said stoically.

James looked down at Kyna, "Excuse me," he lied.

Eric laughed with dry humor.

Maddox placed his arm against the doorframe, leaning against it carelessly "Perhaps I should say that I am looking for Lena."

James saw the glimpse of a gun, nestled against the waist of the taller man. James smirked. In this one day he had seen more guns than he had ever seen in his entire lifetime.

"She's not here" Kyna said quickly.

"Kyna!" James warned.

"We know she gave you the money..." Eric stated casually, as though he were talking to an old friend, "So do you want to pay up, or should we wait for her to return."

James measured the two men. He knew that he could incapacitate the smaller man on the left, but the bigger man was the one he was worried about. If he were gone, Kyna would be in harm. James decided against attacking.

"We have no idea what you are talking about," James said confidently, "and...Lena isn't here. I don't know when she'll be back. Said something about disappearing for a while."

Technically, James wasn't lying. Lena had said she was going on the run. He just left out the fact that she'd be back later tonight.

The bigger man pushed himself off the doorframe, and walked through the threshold of their home. "Oh, I think you know what we are talking about."

Zero paused momentarily to look at his phone. After finding out that Zane and his duo were in town, he sent some pawns to keep them busy. Looking through his messages, Zero was informed that the half-assed assassination attempt he sent was foiled and that Zane and a woman were heading back.'So she with Zane.'

Maddox Zero grabbed James head and easily smashed it into the wall beside the door. The woman screamed annoyingly, sobbing between hiccups. Zero reached down and picked up the unconscious man, flinging him over his shoulder. Before leaving he gave the woman a death-glare. "Tell Lena, that if she wants this man back, she needs to meet me at Casino Le Blanc, midnight tonight. If not, I'll send his head back first...with his eyes and tongue separately."

The two men turned to walk away, "Oh, and if she asks, tell her that Zero would like her to dress prettily."

Kyna whimpered, "Please don't take him....please." But her pleas fell on deaf ears.

**************************************************

Zane tossed Lena into the back seat. Cole and Ares jumped in the front and the car whirled off quickly. The majority of the car ride was made in silence. Zane reveled in the fact that Lena had not hesitated to save his life. He could feel the warmth of her on his neck when she shoved him down, and he loved the way his body fit over hers when he had covered her.

Lena laid on her back, still shaking though not as furiously as she had been in the restaurant. Her legs rested atop of Zane's own. He bent down placing a kiss on her full lips. She didn't react. Zane looked at her lovingly.

Cupping the small woman's face within his big hands, Zane watched as silent tears fell down her face, and he licked them, enjoying their salty flavor.

"Get off me!" Lena said quietly.

Zane bent down and kissed her again. "You didn't hesitate to save my life, Lena."

Lena looked at him with a blank stare.

"This isn't even the first time you've saved it either. Did you know that?"

Finally, Lena began to feel again. The initial shock she felt had begun to fade, and only a lingering numbness remained.

"What?" She asked inquisitively.

Zane went for another kissed, but was intercepted by the back of Lena's hand, "What did you say?" She asked again.

Zane looked down at her.She doesn't remember.

His jaw tightened. He had spent the last two years watching and lusting after this perfect woman, and yet, she couldn't even remember him.

He was pissed. Zane yanked Lena's wrists away from her body, and held it above her head. He ravaged her mouth. Lena's other hand was stuck beneath her and she could seem to move it. Zane's free hand teasingly grazed her inner thigh, and Lena moaned into his mouth. Zane immediately shoved his tongue in her mouth. Refusing to submit, Lena pushed back with her own tongue. The two were engage in a sensual battle, neither willing to back down.

Neither saw Kyna run down the large yard, bat in hand. Nor had they anticipated a loud crack to cascade against the back window. Lena looked up to see Kyna smashing the car with her bat. She noticed Cole quickly exit the car and restrain her.

"You fucking bitch!" Kyna screamed. "It's your entire fucking fault. I swear to the gods, I will kill you!"

Lena sat their shocked.

******************************************

Please comment and vote. Comments and votes = happy writer. Happy writer = more motivation. More motivation = faster chapters!!!