An Uncommon Love Ch. 02

Story Info
The hired help becomes much more.
20.8k words
4.65
29.6k
10

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 11/24/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PolyLvr
PolyLvr
192 Followers

Carielle got up and went to the bathroom. It was 04:30 and everyone else in the house was still asleep. She wore only her panties, getting a thrill out of walking almost nude in the house where her parents Lew and Annette Sal Vitre held court for the neighbourhood, with their strict moral code. The same distorted moral code that kept them from reporting a rapist when she was in her senior year in high school, because Lew and Annette had been convinced Carielle had led the guy on.

Cari, as everyone except her father called her, grabbed a cigarette from her mother's purse and stepped outside onto the patio. Not many were up this early in the morning, except a few birds and furry animals. And Mr. Rafferty, next door. She walked toward the gate in the stone fence. It connected with Mr. Rafferty's yard.

"Good morning, Tom." She called out. She didn't really call out. She talked in dulcet tones, but the still air allowed her voice to travel.

"Good morning, Miss Cari. Sleep well?" She opened the gate and moved through.

"I did indeed, Tom I seem to be sleeping rather well since you retired." Tom was a good influence on her. Despite his rather lowly stature as a simple gardener, he was highly self educated. He always spoke well, with dignity and grace, even when he was perturbed. He'd admonished her slightly, several times, and was trying to emphasize the benefits of ladylike behaviour when in public.

"How is Mrs. Rafferty this morning?" Cari asked. Tom was taking care of his wife who was invalided. She wasn't awake a lot of the time, and when she was she was in a lot of pain.

"She had a restless night. When she was awake she was more concerned with how I'll manage after she's gone."

"Did you tell her?" Cari asked as she reached his side, where he was staring out over the valley behind their houses. His arm slipped round her waist, his coal black skin startling against her pale white. Her arms slipped around his hips, hugging herself to him.

"I did. She's... skeptical."

"I don't blame her. I would be too. I won't abandon you after she's gone." She sighed deeply as his hand stroked her skin, and rose up to touch the underside of her breast.

"We should hurry. I want to get back to Maybelle."

"Of course, Tom." Cari smiled, anticipating her pleasure. "I've been waiting all night."

With no further pleasantries, she leaned over the garden bench and Tom pulled her panties to the side and used a finger to gauge her readiness. She hissed as she felt his finger enter her and hung her head down. Tom lined his uncircumcised penis up and stroked it in slowly, gaining half an inch each stroke.. She could feel him staring at her pert ass, panties askew, as he steadily plunged in and out. He wasn't long, as the urban legends said he should be, but he was more than adequate, and thick too.

Cari urged him on knowing he wanted to go back to his wife. "Hurry Tom, fill me. I came on my fingers this morning, thinking of you. All I need is your seed."

Tom quickened his pace and Cari could feel him getting close. His strong legs were trembling against her thighs as his climax approached.

"Oh! Oh, Cari!"

Cari pushed him back and turned around to face him. She put one foot up on the seat back as he stepped between her thighs. Looking into is eyes she groaned loudly as he took her again.

"I.... .I know you don't, ungh, like me to, unh, ah, say it. Ooohh, but I love you Tom." She stroked his cheek as he unloaded his sperm inside her.

Tom kissed her passionately, after which he stepped back and rearranged his clothing. Cari simply adjusted her panties and said, "Give my love to Maybelle."

"I will. You'll be over to visit her later?"

"Yes. After church."

"OK, and Cari?"

She turned to face him after somewhat indelicately rearranging her panties.

"I love you, too." She gave him a quick, bright, smile and hurried back to her yard. In truth she hadn't cum yet, so she wanted to get back to bed to finish the task, and maybe get some sleep before the family woke up.

"How are you today, MayBelle." Cari asked as she fluffed May's bed clothes.

"Mmm, OK, I guess." MayBelle was rapidly going downhill. She wasn't lucid much anymore.

"Can I get you anything?"

"Water."

"OK, dear. Be right back."

Cari came back a few minutes later. "Here you go, May."

"Bless you, child." May croaked. Her voice was hoarse from dryness. "Is everything OK with Tom?"

"He's fine, May." Cari positioned herself, gently holding May's hand, the one with an I.V. tube in it. A nurse came in once a day to check on her, and make notes or equipment adjustments.

"Don't make me talk, girl. I want more than that."

"OK." Cari sighed. She thought for a minute. "Tom's upset. He's gonna miss you terribly. I think he loves me, and I think he feels guilty about it, with you in your condition. Then my Dad had words with him the other night, about Tom taking advantage of me. I was so afraid they were gonna fight."

"I think you should invite your Mom over here, for tea. That way she can see the three of us, together."

"Good idea, May. When would you like? I think tomorrow, in the morning. It's a Saturday."

"That's good, dear." May was just squeaking the words out, now.

"Do you think it's a good idea if I have Mary over, to help?"

May looked at her sharply. Mary had cooled off quite a bit with Cari when Cari's relationship with her father came out. Ariel knew about the relationship, but acted as if she were indifferent. In fact she thought it wasn't a bad thing. Clifford didn't know. May had tried to mediate, but Mary thought May was being delusional. Mary and Cari were friendly, but not friends any more. May thought for a minute, then nodded.

"OK, May. You rest now." She put a button in May's hand. "If you need anything, you call, OK?"

Cari put a load of laundry in the wash, then sat at the desk in the spare bedroom, staring at the phone. She knew Mary would be home, because her summer class didn't start 'til after lunch. She picked up the phone and dialed, hesitating before pushing the last number.

"Hello?" Cari heard Mary's anxious voice.

As had become custom, Cari's response was quick and automatic. "Everything's fine, Mary." People tended to expect the worst when getting calls from the house.

Cari heard Mary exhale. "Good. I always worry."

"I know. I do need a favour though. It's kind of a touchy subject."

"There seems to be a few of those around. What can I do for you."

"Well..." Cari wasn't sure how receptive Mary would be. "I was talking to your Mom about... the problem with our Dad's."

"What problem, Cari? I've no idea what you mean." She wasn't gonna make this easy.

"Well, you know. My Dad thinks your Dad is taking advantage of me. And your Dad has feelings for me, so he feels he should defend me. They almost got into a fight the other day."

"Oh, that problem. The one where you're sleeping with a man older than your Dad. A married man. In his wife's house. And his children won't talk to you?"

"Umm, yeah." Cari didn't think it would be helpful to point out that only Mary had a problem, aside from Clifford's ignorance..

"Well, what did Mom say?"

"She, umm suggested that I have my mom come over for tea, tomorrow. She suggested I ask you for help."

"She did? Mom wants me there?" Married sounded a little surprised at that.

Cari flared at that, "Jesus, Mary. Just because she's mad at you doesn't mean she doesn't want you around. She misses you."

"OK. What do you want?"

"OK, your mom gets up at 10 or so. She's gonna want to look nice, so she'll want a sponge bath, her hair washed and combed, you know. But I'm not sure exactly what time, and she's not awake for long anymore. I figured I'd have my mom come early and we could, you know, chill, then when your mom wakes, you could get her ready. Actually, I'll give her a bath around 6, when she first gets up. Then you just have to make her up."

"Do you want me to help, in the morning?" Cari could hear the need in her voice.

"Mary, you can if you want. But I'm not sure you want to see your Mom like this. She's pretty sick, and not like you remember her."

Mary hesitated. "OK. I'll be there at 5:30.

The next day at 8:30 Mary and Cari were sitting there drinking tea when Tom walked in, wearing a bathrobe.

"Well, this is a pleasant surprise." he said, bending down to kiss Mary's cheek. Then he gave Cari a kiss on the lips and sat down.

"So what brings you here so early, Mary? Not that I'm not glad to see you. I am."

"I'm here to help Mom get ready for tea with Mrs. Sal Vitre."

"Hmm, I see." Tom asked Mary, "How is Mom this morning?"

Mary blanched. "She's rough, Dad. I never imagined."

"I know sweetheart. I don't even see her first thing any more. Cari won't let me see her until she gets her up in the morning. I take it she's asleep already?"

"Yeah. The bath exhausted her." Mary acknowledged. "Dad, I still think it's a bit weird. You know, you and Cari. But I saw the way Cari and Mom were together this morning and I know Cari has nothing but love for her. So... You guys do... be... whatever. I'll just have to get used to it."

Tom just nodded at her. They all sat for a minute without saying anything, then Cari got up. "Well, I'm going for a shower. Mom'll be here in a while." She leaned over and kissed Tom again, and fondly touched Mary's shoulder as she left.

"So Dad," Mary continued after Cari left. "Mom's still OK with this?"

Tom looked at his hands for a minute. "She's fine with it. I'm having problems though."

Mary was confused, now. "What's the problem. You guys seem... close."

"Well, I'm doubting. I believe we love each other. But I'm an old fool and she was available, and now I'm not sure. Plus I feel guilty you know, because of Mom."

"Dad, stop. I can't believe I'm sitting here defending this." Mary shook her head ruefully. "Dad, I saw the way she was with Mom. She's smart, she's sweet, and she treats Mom with love and respect. And Mom knows what's going on. In her own house."

"Actually, not in the house." Tom asserted. "We both thought it would be wrong. Sometimes we sleep together, but we don't get intimate here, except for our first time."

"I'm surprised, Dad. Good for you. So, she any good? I heard she's quite, ummm, experienced."

"I don't know who told you that, but they were wrong. She was innocent, until I was with her."

"Oh, really? I don't think it matters, but that's not what I heard."

"From whom? If she wasn't innocent she's the best actress I've ever seen."

"Tracy Banks. They were friends years ago and according to Tracy, Cari seduced her Dad."

"Hmm, I doubt it. But I'm not certain. We can discuss it later."

Mary and Tom continued talking, catching up, until Cari walked back in shortly after nine. She gave Tom a kiss again and he returned it with a little tongue. Surprised Cari sat down looking warily at Mary, who just smiled.

"Cari, Mary was telling me she ran into an old friend of yours."

Smiling, Cari asked Mary, "Who was it?"

"Tracy Banks." Mary said. "She's in my summer class."

"She was a friend." Cari replied, stonily. Her face and demeanor quickly assumed an uncharacteristic stiffness.

"What happened?" Mary asked.

"You know." Cari said, talking to Tom. She crossed her arms around her waist.

Tom looked at her, getting it now. "Him?"

"Yes" Cari said, tersely. Wordlessly she grabbed a smoke off the counter and went outside.

Mary looked at her Dad and his rage was unmistakable. "Well, she wasn't quite innocent." He said to Mary. "When she was younger she was assaulted. I guess he was the one. She already told me about it."

"Oh my God, Dad! I had no idea!"

"That's OK. Can you go calm her down before her mother gets here. She's been going to therapy to deal with it. But it's a struggle."

Mary rushed out to the patio.

"I'm so sorry, Cari." Mary stepped onto the back deck.

Cari was facing away, but gave a perfunctory wave of her hand.

"I had to believe Tracy, Cari."

"Oh really? And why is that?" Cari turned on Mary. "'Cause you think I'm gonna steal your Dad's money?"

"No, Cari! Well, maybe at first. But, Tracy's my girlfriend."

"So. We were friends, but you wouldn't believe me."

"Tracy's my girlfriend, girlfriend. You know?"

Cari looked at Mary, astounded. She had no idea? "Does your Dad know?"

"Are you kidding? He'd freak."

Cari looked at her and chuckled, "You'd be surprised. He's seriously banging a skinny white chick, younger than his daughters, with his wife's permission, and you don't think he's open minded?"

"OK, maybe. I just didn't want to burden him and Mom about it."

"I won't say anything." Cari said, smiling before her face resumed it's tormented visage. She was quiet for a minute, looking at Mary as if trying to decide something.

"Mr. Banks, Tracy's dad." Cari began.

"Yes?" Mary stepped closer and stroked Cari's arms, as if she could ease her pain as she talked

"He raped me. Raped me! And he blamed me when we got caught. Said I seduced him. Forced him. He said I threatened to tell everyone we had sex if he didn't fuck me." Cari shuddered as she continued. Her voice more strident than usual. "And ten years later I'm still paying for something he did. And nobody believed me!"

Mary stood there, her hands on Cari's shoulder. After several minutes Cari calmed down enough to talk again. "That's the first time I've actually said it out loud, what happened. I've talked to Tom, your dad and a therapist in a roundabout way. But I've never said what all happened, since then. God did that hurt." Cari went on to explain the details of what had happened and how it had been dealt with, and ignored.

Annette Sal Vitre inadvertently picked that moment to walk through the garden gate. She walked up to the girls, "Mary." She nodded, "Carrielle. How are you?

"We're fine, Annette." Mary's voice was dripping with poison, no sign of respect. "We were just discussing Mr. Banks. You remember him?"

Annette looked like she'd been slapped. "Why don't you come in?" Mary continued. "Is that OK, Cari?" Mary asked, clearly deferring to her.

"Yeah, mom." Cari gestured "Come inside."

Mary continued, "I'll go check on Mom."

Cari and Annette sat in the rec room while Mary went to check on her mother. May wasn't awake yet, but she was awakened by Mary's entrance. Mary gave her a hug and started fixing her hair and touching up her makeup. May didn't talk much, saving her energy and her voice. May's room was the master bedroom, with all the regular furniture removed. The double bed had been replaced with a hospital bed, a cabinet with medical supplies, and a small coffee table between some chairs for visitors. The love seat had been replaced by a day bed where Tom still slept on occasion.

Tom joined Annette and Cari in the rec room. He sat with Cari on the couch with his hand on her knee, clearly stating he wasn't hiding anything. Cari drew comfort and strength from his hand, and caressed it softly.

Annette was struck by how familiar their gestures were, like an old married couple. She couldn't help but notice the juxtaposition of their hands, the markedly different age and skin colour.

They chatted about various things and Cari served coffee, tea, and biscuits. Half an hour later Mary came down to collect them. They all trooped up to the bedroom where Tom sat on the bed with MayBelle while Mary and Cari sat on the daybed. Annette sat in a chair facing May, directly.

"Hello Annette, how're you doin?" asked May, hoarsely.

"I'm fine, May. I wish you were doing better."

"It is what it is." she sighed.

"And how's your family? I understand Mr. Sal Vitre is under a lot of stress."

"He is, May. Please excuse him. He's having a hard time accepting the situation. Because it's his daughter, and because of Tom's age, and because Tom's married, please forgive me, to a dying woman."

"Those are all understandable reasons, Annette. But Cari is an adult. She's been such a help to us that we have all become really close. I think because of that, I felt comfortable encouraging Tom and Cari in developing a relationship."

"But May! He's your husband. What about that?"

"Please Annette, let me finish. I don't have much energy any more."

May gathered her thoughts for a minute. "Tom is my husband. And, not that it's anyone else's business, but we haven't been able to be intimate for over three years. A man has needs, beyond the simple release. I couldn't meet those needs, we both adore Cari, and I like to think she adores us. Things come simpler to me, as a dying person. I see things in black and white, excuse the pun. To me, it made sense. "

"OK, May." Annette responded, "I see your points. But, I'll tell you my concerns, mine and Law's. Cari is only 22."

Cari made a move to protest but Tom restrained her.

With a conciliatory glance at Cari, Annette continued, "And we're concerned she doesn't have the experience to make a decision like this. On one hand we're afraid she may be subconsciously taking advantage of Tom, because of his grief. And on the other hand, we're afraid Tom may be doing the same to her, because of his grief. And honestly, we're worried for her because of the racial issue."

This time Mary started to protest, but Tom stopped her. "Sit down, girl. Let Annette finish."

Again Annette continued, "We can't even begin to know what you have to deal with. If Cari gets really involved with Tom, she'll be subjected to that and more. And we don't want to see her go through that for something that may be transient."

This time Cari spoke. "Mom, there is no 'Tom and I'. We are special friends, helping each other out. If something even more special develops well, I've certainly seen enough of people's reactions to know what I'm getting into. And if not, it has been a wonderful experience that I'll cherish forever. And, just to set the record straight with Mary and the others, I have no designs on your Dad's property, his money, or his time with you guys. All I want is his friendship." Then she giggled. "Well, that's not all I want."

"Carielle!" Annette said.

"Look mom. I'm a good girl. I don't do drugs, I do well in school. I was almost a virgin until a few months ago. You know I'm not prone to being promiscuous. Can't you just accept this for what it is? Two adults in a loving relationship."

"Oh Cari." Annette sighed. "All I want is for you to be happy. Understand, your Dad and I are just worried."

"OK, Mom, apology accepted. Does that mean I can visit at home now?"

"It does, Sweetie. I'll deal with your father."

Annette faced Tom and May. "What can I say? I'm sorry, truly sorry. Thank you for having me over to reassure me."

Annette said her goodbyes and Mary and Carielle walked her to the door. After she left Mary and Cari sat down in the kitchen, leaving Tom to stay with May as long as she was awake.

"I'm sorry for asking this, Cari. But isn't it weird having sex with a guy as old as my Dad?"

Cari laughed. "I meant what I said up there. I was a virgin until I was with your Dad. Well, not technically, since I was raped when I was eighteen, but I'd never had anyone make love to me, or treat me as nice as your Dad."

"Another question? I'm curious. Was it because he's black?"

Cari looked at her wordlessly for a minute.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." Mary was clearly embarrassed.

"No, that's OK." Cari reassured her with a hand on her forearm. "I have thought about it. I don't think so. I haven't known many black people, but I've never been near as close with anybody as I am with your family. So it was... different for me when I first started helping your parents. But by the time your Dad and I hooked up, he was just a guy that I cared deeply for. Not a black guy. Not an older guy."

PolyLvr
PolyLvr
192 Followers