All Comments on 'Anatomy of an Affair'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
nakdsubnakdsubover 11 years ago
I like this...

Very well done.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Excellent

That's what happens when you cheat on your loving husband and family.

YOU LOSE

cunt

4587 Stars

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 11 years ago
Excellent.

When they say that an affair strengthened the marriage, you know it won't take much to have another one.

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 11 years ago
Brilliant piece of writing. Thank you cpete.

It left as many questions as answers - that's what a short should do. 5*

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
NO MATTER THE CRIME

when its time to pay the piper-----the coin of the realm is expensive. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The best is yet to come!

You have to write the sequel to this story. The selfish woman finds herself living alone in an apartment on the cheap side of town. She finds her kids disobedient and openly angry with her all the time. There is no money, because the divorce has eaten it all up. The kids father is wounded and in pain. The kids futures have dimmed. The statistics about children of divorce and their hard futures is the new reality. Her married friends are distancing themselves from her. Their husbands do not want her influencing their wives. She finds herself relegated to the social world of misfits and sluts. The only men that are interested in a middle aged cheater are the ones that are too cheap to pay for a whore. Her husband gets all the sympathy and her former friends set him up with a pretty, younger woman who recently divorced her husband for cheating. She is alone, unloved, disliked, with her memories of her crummy stupid affair. The same cowardice that got her into her affair is all that keeps her form killing herself. As time goes on, her contact with her husband regarding the children has improved. Since his new marriage, he no longer openly hates her. He is doing everything he can to be nice to her and to heal their relationship for the benefit of the children. This only makes her love him more. This is the only warmth in her cold blue life. She learns to live with that and focuses her being around the love she feels for her children and her ex husband. She finally learned what love is. (this is drawn from a couple of marriages I have seen disintegrate - they were very similar and sad)

harbormaster1harbormaster1over 11 years ago
now that's a story

You have a great talent...short but packed with emotion....carry on

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Very good

Interesting approach. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story!

I don't think anyone has ever broken down an affair like that from a women's perspective before, very interesting! You can feel the emotional roller coaster she is riding!

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
Thought this was incomplete

I gave this a *****, even though it is incomplete. You should do two more chapters. One of his diary over the same period of the cheating. And one of the aftermath when he gets raped by the courts and his children are given to his cheating slut ex-wife. Just to inject some real life experience into this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
ditto

I like the idea of doing the husband side of being clueless and then either seeing little signs or just a friend mentioning something he saw. I certainly enjoyed reading this tale you wrote and the labor you put into doing it. Nicely done, well written and thought out. Thank you for sharing.

SirThopasSirThopasover 11 years ago
Original

This was unique, and it contained some key insights into the world of someone doing something as unethical as conducting an affair. I'm not sure the divorce needed to be there, as this was more of a character study than a short story. But, of course, if you hadn't explicitly stated that consequences were levied, a number of people on this site would have missed the value of the passage entire.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
Great

It is obviously a flash story and not designed to cover everything. Perfect. 5

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
A Questionable Balance ?

First i want to say this CSI slant is a novel one and Cpete is to be commended for stepping out of his comfort zone. He has established a niche of hard working " 'family uber alles' male narrators who are initially devastated by their mates straying. The good guy swiftly rebounds by concocting an artful, usually hilarious payback and upgrades as well cc life partner.

In this story, the lost time, expense, maddening logistics and gnawings of conscience are superbly depicted as well as the fading novelty of taboo trysts. Rock solid read, no doubt ! Upon reflection, I thought that to take this story to the next level there needed to be more fluctuations in the journal. This was set in too minor a key.

Cheaters are addicted to the rollercoaster of gamesmanship. Ideally this narrator would also have had periods of feelings of nigh-omnipotence. There's an element of 'I'm too smart to be caught by my drab, dull hubby' that would have painted a fuller portrait of the female cheater.

They often think they're all that plus a bag of a chip & therefore deserving to take a sabbatical from sworn vows. This story was mired mostly in the key of fear and remorse. I hope this criticism is seen as constructive. All authors who do their best are to be commended to be stepping into the arena and the Loving Wives demographic is the most perilous of all.

Cpete doesn't flinch from submitting his stories for judgement. I always find a multiple number of points that provoke thoughts that startle myself as his hard work baits them to the surface. I'm glad to join the vast majority of fellow commentator, that are very glad indeed for his contributions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
another whore divorced

they should just enjoy being whores once they cheat that is all they are. If i married a cheater and found out in past relationship she did it i would divorce her.

never be with a cheater they are nothing but trash

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
Originality gets it five stars.

And I thought it was well handled as a flash story. It would have been a mistake to add in all the boring bits of an otherwise normal life - this was, quite rightly, like watching the 'edited highlights' of something. Very good indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good description

this sounds like what happens too often to women that have been married for a while and get complacent in their lives and just want a little excitement and it many times ruins their marriage completely and finally as judge bean would have judged.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
this is one of the best stories here

it was very very original, and was worth the 5 everyone has given it.

OverstarOverstarover 11 years ago
Good read

Thanks for sharing. The changeup in normal cheating wives format is refreshing.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
more questions than answers

Normally I love this authors' work but this one I think is pretty close to being a dud if not outright disaster. Yes I will give him points for originality.... But there are so many unanswered questions... that the very short entries actually end up causing more confusion and uncertainty towards the end of the story.

In an odd way... this story is somewhat similar to the highly overrated and poorly thought out story HOUSE OF CARDS by OHIO. In that story the wife claim to have always put her husband #1 in her life even though she was having an 8 month RELATIONSHIP. . And of course becuase the author was bent on reconciliation all cost the author ensured that the husband never come to the obvious conclusion that an 8 momth long affair is is PROOF that his wife was NOT #1 .

In THIS story.... this was NOT an affair. It was a long term relationship... that last for 7-8 months.

By week 16 the wife says God I hate my new world.

By week 17 the stress is clearly getting to her and she's having breakdowns in the shower

By week 19... she cant sleep.

By week 21 she cannot stand the sight of her Lover.

Yet the affair continues up until week 28. That is another 12 weeks or 3 more months during which the wife is increasingly disheartened and disgusted by her lover during which she was having second and third thoughts. Yet she never stopped.

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Nice way of entertaining us

It is nice to see that the wife gets to the same point in the affair as she was in the marriage. Extremely well done and perceptive. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
There are several pathetic people in this story

The most pathetic far and away is the self centered slut who was a wife in name only.

When she discovered there was problem in her marriage what effort did she put into resolving, what passion did she show. What she did was in a very selfish way she started flirting at work all the while knowing she was entering forbidden territory.

She is shown to be a lousy lover to her husband, and eventually a lousry lover to her new fucktoy, when is it going get into her thick skull that the problem might just be hers and really hers alone. The author had a good idea for the format of his story but where it fell apart was the really weak self absorbed characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
FYI...it's much the same from the male's perspective. Very well done!

FYI...it's much the same from the male's perspective. Very well done!

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Realistic and sensible

Liked the story because it made sense and was real.

catphan8catphan8over 11 years ago

It was good, but being one sided made it difficult to enjoy! Also you should've taken it further in the process. Stopping where you did seemed odd to me!

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideover 11 years ago
More answers than questions.

The story was so good because it opened up so many lines to read between. In those huge gaps we were able to supply our own logic. Really good short story. No real need for more - but another side of the story in the same style would be interesting, no doubt about it. Thanks for writing 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

GOOD!THE cheatinf whore got what she deserved, amd hopefully she got AIDS from her bastard boyfriend and dies alones, in pain,a nd misersble

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
authentic!

This has obviously been written from experience. Sadly I had an affair a few years back. It too lasted about 6 months and never became public. I now see my wife as Mrs perfect, I could not see this before the affair. In my opinion most affairs are born from the chase, we all love the fresh exitement of the chase. This is a good story and hopefuly (I know it won't) will disuade others from venturing down this blind alley!!

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
Well written

The emotions ring true,how cheating turns from a thrill to a burden and how it.damages the cheater and their life.The twist at the end,that when she has broken it off and is back in love with her husband,he has found out and leaves points out another truth,that a terminated affair is still a threat..did the ex lover tell him?Did someone see them?Had husband found an old.email...it points out that if you decide to make your.marriage work again you have to come clean,it is the only way to reconcile,and while it can ruin the marriage,it also means it is out in the open and not there as a landmine waiting to go off....by the end I felt sad for her bc she realized what she had done,she isn't a slut that way,and wants to do right but she nevet does...we can hypothesize that hubby knew and wanted her to come clean,but when she didn't he felt she couldn't be trusted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

The end did not disappoint, where there were consequences and husband was not

as dense as thought, or she as clever as she thought. ...I liked it.

AbsalomrideAbsalomrideover 11 years ago
Harry - it took so long because -

in the story (and this is a story. Very well crafted even though, cpete you played a old trick in leaving me wanting more).

So long to get out of the clay she stepped in Harry because:

she is being threatened by the lover, who is so in love with her ( I bet she's hot as hell) that he's willing to blow out the twenty-seven stone missus and eight fat kids for endless knocking of this submissive (not necessarily true)...but quickly subjugated, according to her diary..

Geddit? And she's so freaked by the fat evil fucker's threats as described in this great short, though she hasn't (we're reading between the lines, see, Harry?) described the lover, but we gain a great insight into the character of the husband...

A decent hard working guy. Who may or may not have been neglective of his spousal duties. (Back between the lines Harry. I hope you're following). When he (the fat evil lover with perhaps a hint of savage passion that has obviously enthralled sweetie (thanks LDS), cannot bear his loss and so he tells hubbio that he's tupped the slut countlesss times. Soft cunt. Now we can really feed our imaginations. How does the good (but possibly negligible) husband react to this snide betrayal.Come with me Harry, my old hobo,

deep between .....

Deep between the lines we discover he's left. She loses. In the writing we know he (bastard evil low class betraying lover) was an illicit refuge. She quickly soured of. She found herself trapped with. She began to regret it. She started to fear him. She thought of the consequences...She thought maybe, somehow, she'd got away with it!

And then, in a brutal finale, she was properly fucked. Class. Can I give it another five?

To those of us that make it to midnight, I salute you. Once again - great story - couldn't have honed it much sharper.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
cpete

It' a "4" but can be a "5" if you finish the story and tell us what happened to her after he left the note ... hopefully she suffered terribly!!!!! I hate cheating whore wives!!!

Thanks

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
She wants to know how and why?

She really never knew herself very well. She is an emotionally immature selfish person. It is that simple. She would sacrifice everything for an ego boost. That's beyond stupid, it is delusional. Unfortunately, it is also very common when it comes to human beings.

tnoldguytnoldguyover 11 years ago
Well written

Short and to the point. Some might have wanted some of the husband's words at the end, maybe in the form of a letter repeated in her thoughts, but then this story was really all about her thoughts and emotions. I remember the thing we used to say as kids "Cheaters never prosper." Thanks for a good one.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Not a pre-license requirement

This is a diary which should be required reading for those (Hubbies and Sweeties) passing their third anniversary, to be repeated every third anniversary. Hubby needs to realize that his Sweetie just MIGHT start thinking this way unless he stays on his game!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A little attribution is in order

Sorry to do this but this was adapted from a web article: ://www.ivillage.com/having-affair-advice-cheating-and-marriage/6-b-477934

Anyway, it was a good adaptation but it would be great if you took it a little further and continued with the husband's viewpoint. How he noticed the changes, how his suspicions were aroused, etc..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Definitely Plagiarism

This story is almost verbatim the article shown below. What bullshit.

cpetecpeteover 11 years agoAuthor
Credit where Credit is due.

This story was based on a series of articles from the above posted web site-however LIT does not allow listing or pointing to other web sites in the submitted story body or other credits. Thus the above posted site was "modified" for posting on LW into a story form.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 11 years ago
Don't know about the plagerism bullshit...

... but you could surely redeem yourself to the haters with a follow up chapter from the husband's point of view. Sort of fill in the gaps, so to speak. Worth a try, don't you think.

nwhalernwhalerover 11 years ago
WTF- complete plagiarism - word to word !

The author has lifted this word to word from an article that was linked to in a previous comment.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

i tried to see the story but the site told me it was not there. attribution might have been a good idea.

anon606anon606over 11 years ago
It's a ... dramatization

It's a derived work, certainly. Nonetheless, thank you cpete for bringing it to us.

Perhaps we can appreciate it as commentary on the frequent retasking of common plots?

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
A sad state of affairs

How sad things turned out for a woman that was feeling her life was coming to an end and wanted some excitement in it.

She made a lot of mistakes and spent many weeks worrying herself into a nervous and an emotional wreck, only to have the reality of her misguided feelings cause her more grief.

Not only is she ruined, but her husband is probably a mental case from having the woman he loved be deceitful and lie to him for over half a year.

A sad state of affairs.

Thanks for the read...

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I liked it.

I enjoyed the read. I would like hubbys view point. Maybe she was boring in bed and it was pretty clear that she was not focused on hubby or the kids much for weeks on end. Selfish woman

RePhilRePhilover 11 years ago
Keep em coming!

Your pen has been quite active the past weeks. That's a good thing btw

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
LOUSY

Keep trying. this has to be the worse piece of crap ever written,and I'm a mom who has had a few affairs.

Joan @ The Jersey Shore

cpetecpeteover 11 years agoAuthor
copycat?

If you check SOL where the story was originally posted you can see attributes given to the original site and article. LIT does not allow such allowances such as pointing to another web site.

cpete

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

sorry cpete but you did not have to link to it - only say it was an adaptation from an idea from and list the site - you did not need to link to it. if you had no one would give you shit about this, but you didn't. it is not the idea it is the fact that it is almost word for word, that is the problem. you added in the dates and stuff but you screwed the pooch with this one. still i liked it and they way you did it. sorry that a good story gets bad marks for a mistake but they take away Phd's from people who do the same thing. you are a good writer, take this as a message not to adopt language wholesale and not say you did it. and i looked again and i dont see where you posted your attribution in the story, which is where it should be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
There was a space in the "a nd" - Here is the link

://www.ivillage.com/having-affair-advice-cheating-and-marriage/6-b-477934

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

It was not word for word cantbuymy.

But cpete you should have credited and not all of us go to SOL. Shame on you! 1*

mikothebabymikothebabyover 11 years ago
he tried to attribute it to the original web site

but every time he submitted it with the note that it came from there, Literotica returned it to him with a note that you can not list another website nor can you mention another web site when publishing a story here. You guys can mention it in comments but authors can not when submitting it to be published. So tell me - how is an author to pay homage to someone or something else? Give the guy a break for fucks sake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Shehad it coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
So was it worth it?

Best ending ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Short

And Sweet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Brutal

A fine, short, brutal assessment of the power and destruction of an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Really Good

Right to the point. I have always thought it would be easier to be honest with one person than cheating on two....way too much hassle. I would like to see a continuation story about how the husband found out and what happened to her, the kids etc. 5x5

carvohicarvohialmost 11 years ago
Awe Gee...

Good story, still a five, but it ended too abruptly. I was looking for her reaction to her husband's discovery. It's like a typical television mystery; forty minutes of suspense followed by a car chase and a quick confession. I still enjoyed it. Glad I read it.

TheGrimReaper81TheGrimReaper81over 10 years ago
What a stupid woman...

What a stupid woman she is... throwing away a life wish her children, her husband, her marriage and life. When will stupid people realize that there IS NO SUCH THING AS PERFECTION? It may be raunchy and delectable in the beginning, after the night still comes morning and hangovers...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Five star tale.

Refreshing change from what is usually posted in Garbageerotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
That's it ..

.. all you can think of is to have the cheating Cu*t come home to a note??

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Thanks ***

For the read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
HA

Fucking cunt was caught!

HA again

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
9 MONTHS...THE TIME IT TAKES TO BIRTH A CHILD

or to destroy what was already there only this time no one was showing, TK U MLJ LV NV

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Extremely well done!

Like my previous spouse, this woman simply thought she was too god damn smart to get caught.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
hind sight is 20-20

cpetes story documents how human nature rationalizes its own perverse behaviour and conduct. It's called 'a reprobate mind' or

'a seared conscience'.

5*

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Fair

“When your hormones are raging and someone is there telling you that you are beautiful and special and fabulous and really listening to you, thoughts of broken families and hearts are a million miles away.”

If everyone with raging hormones and flatterers cheated, there would be no long-term marriages!

“No passion” – How much passion is SHE bringing to the marriage? When was the last time SHE seduced her husband, or responded sensually to HIS seduction? And if she thinks HE’S cheating, call him on it, or divorce him.

If the affair is losing its luster, just end it, you don’t have to confess.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“I have seen how that little slutty receptionist looks at him. How he is always "bumping" into the divorcee across the street.” – Well, which one is it? Or is he having TWO affairs?

illjoyilljoyover 8 years ago
Come Back

I'd like to see CPete come back to this, write how she rebuilds her life. Not RAAC mind you just redemption cause the way i was reading it towards the end she was remorseful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

She would have done it again so good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
@illjoy

She wasn't remorseful. The thrill of a new, illicit relationship simply wore off.

Women like her aren't actually remorseful, they only regret that their 'fun' ends at one point.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Thoughts

I was thinking about reading this again till I saw a line very early about passion in the marriage, and saw I had already made the comment I was thinking of - why is it always the husband's job to keep the passion in the marriage? How often do the husbands here compliment their wives and it's not valued because it's "only" their husbands, and they're "supposed" say it, and it "means more" when someone else says it? How often are the husbands refused sex and/or told their attempts to experiment are gross or disgusting? How seldom do the wives seduce their husbands?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
illjoy-remorseful??

Eight months of cheating during which she discovers lover is not stud she fantasized. Then the financial cost of having affair depleted her cheating funds

If husband had not divorced her she would have started another affair within a year

Character was written as selfish and immature

Your feeling bad for her makes me think you see her when you look in mirror

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
It's Just Sex

"Oh! What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

"It's Just Sex" Yeah,right.Keep telling yourself that,as the wheels fall off the cart!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
be sure your sins will find you out

and bite your ass when you least expect it...pay back is a bitch....

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
A Lot Of Truth Here

As with all things in life, "be careful what you wish for!"

Well done, thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Minor Point

Why the personal trainers? I thought lover-boy was full of compliments, so why does she have to work on herself?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She says that her affair was a mistake!

Well, she knew exactly what she was doing when she started the affair so it wasn't a mistake. Her mistake was assuming that her husband would forgive her for having an affair. That is the mistake that all cheaters, who continue to say that they still love their husbands during the affair, make! She was a married slut who couldn't control her actions. The husband is better off without her since its in her nature to cheat!

desertdog43desertdog43over 6 years ago
Thanks

for cheaters point of view. Pretty powerful progression from whop-eeee to Oh noooo!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 6 years ago
Never a dull moment in one of cpete's stories.

I enjoyed this. Usually I don't like single page stories because there's only so much you can pack into one page but cpete shows he can pack an entire story in one page and do it very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
AMAZING CREATIVITY...

To be able to create her progression of thinking. Had me empathizing with her and her repentant viewpoint so much that I hoped she would get away with it and improve her marriage. (Maybe cpete -- or someone -- can rewrite this story with that ending.) 1 page cannot be enough to merit 5 stars, but this one does.

I disagree with the anonymous just before me on two points. He says "she knew exactly what she was doing when she started.". But this is why the whole story is written -- to show the gradual unfolding realization of what she is into (that the author is so insightful as to be able to show). When she gets far enough into it to see what she's gotten into, she wishes she'd never started. Which brings me to the next disagreement when anonymous concludes, "it's in her nature to cheat." No, now that she knows the reality, she not only does not wish to cheat, she wishes she never had cheated.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Been there

1st wife. Things happen, it's hard to hide cheating if any attention is being paid at all.

Youth, hormones, revenge, nothing helps.

2nd wife, same damn thing. It sure does mess with a man's feelings of being masculine.

3rd wife, 20 years. Faithful, loving, kind, almost.. mechanical? So boring it was perfectly happy, content. 20 years of recovery.

4th wife? Mayhem, sex, love, the surprise is how a man can change to fit the situation.

Some truth here, I could have spent an entire lifetime with the 1st wife, had she had the ability to keep her panties on.

Some say we MEN are the ones most likely to cheat.

I say, not always.

Good story, I liked the way you brought emotions into it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is just an outline

I respect your ability to change your style of writing and you clearly were not going for jokes or irony in this one but this is not a story. I should have read this before the previous related story but it would not have changed my thoughts about this one. Was her husband having an affair too? There was no dialogue or even a description of her family life other than her husband bringing her coffee.

reasonable man

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

It was an interesting insight into the lifespan of an affair and how the cheating wife's outlook changed as the novelty of a new man wife off.

Ironic that she finally makes the decision to devote herself to her marriage... at the point there was no longer a marriage to be devoted to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nicely done.

Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Marriage....

The wife is an easy lay and for sure will cheat again...hubby can't vocalize and no communication between him and his wife...well it just is one of the reasons why 49% end in divorce!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
So...

What happened to them? Is it too late to write a sequel? Very well written piece. Hope it helps some readers.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Very good

Short, solid, and to the point. Another cheating wife loses her husband and family because of some innocent fun.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Started sequel so I know there is one both cheaters hopefully punished painfully

Burn both

Suggestions for anyone

Staple her vagina closed industrial stapler roofing etc superglue been used glass penis large inserted and glass broken -WW2 used by Germans but glass rod inserted into male penis - chinese -some type of bowl with rat fastened around privates male or female and heated up so rat chews thru person etc

Not very forgiving person without payback

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
BOOK AVAILABLE

There is a 192 page book by Dave Carder with the same title as this story. I found it when searching online for Anatomy of an Affair.

Written in 2017, when Dave was about 70 years old, still counseling, which was most of his life's work, with an emphasis on helping those caught up in infidelity.

I've not read it, but it's recommended by professionals, as well as by reviews from readers who have been helped by it, including a woman who says that it helped her and her husband since each had affairs.

From the description, it appears to provide help for those in real life (as opposed to someone like me, reading a Literotica story for retirement entertainment, having never been anywhere near the problem) -- help for prevention and also help if involved in an affair.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I've Always Wondered

What was going through my ex-wife's and several girlfriend's minds when they were doing this. Did they go through these steps? They never showed it, I found out through the usual ways, just little things, connecting the dots... I'd like to think they all felt some guilt but about the only things I saw were hands out wanting things, never saying "I'm sorry, I was wrong". Since I saw there was a sequel on to the next. Signed: BTW

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
BTB

Burn her and her lover!!! Cause them as much physical, emotional, and financial pain possible.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I know it didn't work out, but I still approve of her decision to live with the guilt and not tell her husband.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Reading again after finding sequel. Makes it even better knowing what's coming for her.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I loved week 36

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 3 years ago

Good lesson with an abrupt and inevitable ending. Throwing contentment aside for something new never ends well.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

This is another LW whore who is so easy to hate. Based on her story you can only wish the worst for her and the lover.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

What did the cheating cunt expect, hearts and flowers? Fuck her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked it. It's a typical LW story that could only exist in the Lit world however, seems like the scum trolls take it to heart. People only cheat if their marriage has already failed and no one ever cheats for just sex unless they have some sort of serious emotional and mental problems. The story is quite humorous as the wife realises that her affair requires a lot of work and comes with a lot of guilt and fear.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous