Angel of Mine Ch. 03

Story Info
They have some time apart but not too much.
5.2k words
4.69
11.4k
16

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(The grandfather isn't thinking, he is speaking only the miracle baby can hear him until Alex gets closer to Lisa. Lisa can use her thoughts to reach him in a crowded room but normally he is a speaking character, I'll mark him differently though. Glad so many people enjoyed the second chapter. Sorry about the wait I had writer's block, so I hope this chapter will be OK the next one should be better.)

.....

Before the party ended Lisa ended up with the numbers of Alex's family, she was dreading her talk with Kelly but figured she might as well get it over with. She waved as they pulled out of the drive way then went back down the street to go home.

"Hey Kel." she said

"What?"

"Could you not hit on Alex?"

"Why not?"

"You made him uncomfortable."

"Oh please, he wasn't uncomfortable jeeze after being married for all this time you've forgotten how to read single men. I'll explain, he was simply playing hard to get and I just love to have a man to chase. In no time at all he will fall prey to my perfect charms and you'll have a new brother in law and I'll have a father for my little man."

"Marriage? You don't even know him, what if he doesn't want kids?"

"Well he'll get over it for me, Mike's already here after all, and his younger sister is on the way we don't have to have anymore after her."

"Wait you're pregnant?"

"Well of course, can't you tell I have a bump on normally perfect stomach?" she asked.

Lisa didn't say anything at first, her sister had always been heavier than her and now she was getting close to four hundred pounds she just smiled.

"I uh...could barely notice."

Kelly fluffed her hair.

"Naturally."

"When are you due?"

"Four months, I think it'll take two of them to get him in my bed and one of them to get a ring, after that we'll have a week to put together the wedding and after the baby is born we'll go on our honeymoon."

Lisa just shook her head.

"I see."

"Why did you even ask me not to hit on him?" Kelly asked.

"He asked me to talk to you about it."

Kelly frowned.

"I see what this is, you're just jealous that I'm better looking than your skinny ass and you want him, well you can't have him. You're married in case you forgot, and to a good man at that."

Lisa frowned.

"That has nothing to do with this, you're just not his type....and do you hear yourself talking? Do you know how crazy you sound? He's not going to marry someone he hasn't spent time with."

She scoffed.

"Oh please, his family is loaded with women who have had plastic surgery, I can easily become his type not that I have to try that hard. You should stop being jealous, we're perfect together didn't you hear his mother say so?"

Lisa knew Charmaina said no such thing and rolled her eyes.

"And for the record, they haven't had plastic surgery."

"You expect me to believe they look like that naturally? Don't be stupid, do you know how long it took me to get this body? Now stop being a slut."

Lisa glared at her.

"When was I a slut? Give me one example."

"Oh let's see, how about when you were feeling him up in the pool? You should be ashamed of yourself."

"Don't start with me." she mumbled.

"Whatever Lisa, whore around if you want, but Alex is mine."

They pulled in the garage and Kelly slammed the car door and went inside, Lisa sighed and walked in after her this was going to be a long month.

....

The next afternoon Lisa was on the phone with Julia there was no way she could let her sister stay in her house much longer. She didn't have time for other people's kids and just knew she would end up caring for the new baby, no that wasn't going to work at all. It was about time her 'precious' little sister learned some responsibility. Kelly barely cared for the first child she had.

"Hello?" Julia said.

"Mom, I can't let Kelly stay here, I don't have time for a baby."

"Oh Lisa don't be so mean."

"I'm not being mean."

"Well you're calling your sister names."

"No I'm not, she's pregnant, and she said she's due in four months, I will not care for her new baby again." Lisa said.

"She's pregnant? I didn't know, put her on the phone."

Lisa sighed and yelled for Kelly to pick up the phone, she sighed again as she listened to Julia congratulating Kelly who was working her fake tears on the other end.

"Mother aren't you forgetting something?" Lisa asked.

"Oh right, Kelly why don't you come stay with us? Our house is already equipped for babies."

"Did Lisa put you up to this?" Kelly snapped.

"Put me up to what? I just want to be there for you."

"But mommy she's just trying to keep me away from Alex." Kelly whined.

"Who is Alex?" Julia asked.

"He's my new boyfriend, we're taking things slow." Kelly said.

Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Alex is not your boyfriend, mom they just met...."

"Just met?" Julia repeated.

"Yes."

"And you already got him to be yours? That's my girl, work your charms." Julia said with a laugh.

"No no no." Lisa interrupted.

"See how jealous she is?" Kelly said.

"How can she be jealous? You're going through a tough time and need some support, she's already married and is fine the way she is. I know your father and I didn't raise her to be that way."

Lisa sighed.

"It's not jealousy."

"Oh ow ow ow she's stressing out the baby! Mommy help!" Kelly said.

Lisa turned and saw Kelly leaning against the banister with a large smile on her face as she put on her little act for their mother. Julia yelled at Lisa for an hour and that resulted in Julia bringing Mike over so they could stay as well. Julia insisted that Mike could soften up Lisa who didn't understand what it was like to be an expectant mother. Mike is another six year old who is stuck in his "terrible twos".

....

About two weeks later on a Friday, Lisa was in bed covering her ears with her pillow to the best of her abilities. Mike was throwing a tantrum, Kelly was watching some crappy soap opera and Julia was on the phone gossiping about crap that didn't matter. Lisa glanced at the clock it was almost midnight. She hadn't slept much, she looked up as the door was opened. Julia set Mike on the bed.

"Do something about him, he's giving your sister a headache."

"So you do something, I'm trying to sleep." she said.

"Are you still not intune with your emotions? there is an innocent child on your bed..."

"That, may I remind you, has a mother and she needs to take care of him or the state will take him away and find someone who will." Lisa said.

"Don't even joke." Julia snapped.

"It's not a joke, it's very serious."

"Take care of your nephew. Now!"

Lisa swore and Julia slapped her.

"There is a child present."

"And now he knows a new word, get out of my room!"

Julia picked up Mike and walked to the door.

"Fine have your tantrum, when you calm down I'll bring him back in here."

Lisa groaned, they left and she saw her grandfather appear by the dresser.

"Hi grandpa...."

-Hey crumb cake, why don't you sneak out of here and get a hotel room so you can sleep?- he said softly.

"I'm fine, just annoyed."

-Well add what you're feeling to sleep deprivation and it'll only get worse.- he said with a smile.

She smiled at him.

"Where have you been all week?"

-With grandma, she's not feeling so well.- he said.

"Oh no, I should make her something and go see her."

He touched her shoulder after seeing she was about to get out of bed.

-It's midnight crumb cake.-

"...Right, I knew that."

He smiled.

-Have you been spending time with your fella at least?- he asked.

"No way, oh grandpa you should have heard Kelly, she calls him her boyfriend and is planning a wedding weeks from now."

He raised an eyebrow.

-Why would he want a group of watermelons when he has a cute little squash to care for?- he laughed.

She giggled.

-I'll be back.- he added.

He faded, she locked her bedroom door and put in her ear buds she would let the music drown out the noise she was hearing.

.....

Alex had thrown himself into his work, he was already filling out paperwork for patients that weren't even cleared for release yet. He was worried about Lisa but she had sent him a text and warned him to stay away from her house. She didn't explain why and he kept glancing at his phone hoping she would text him and tell him he could come over. He swore to himself he would go check on her after three more days of this, he could go now but didn't think Lisa would tell him to stay away for no reason.

He looked up when Owen sat across from him in one of the cushioned chairs he had for small meetings. Owen stared at him for some time before taking his head and pulling it off, Alex continued staring at him while his pen fell to the desk. Owen chuckled and put his head back in place.

-The best part about being a ghost is that you become one of the best when creating illusions.-he said.

"....Should I know you?" Alex asked.

Even angels grew concerned over the appearance of a ghost, they were the only thing that could sneak up on them.

-Well sure, you are after my grandbaby.- he replied.

"Oh right you're....Lisa's grandfather."

-Look at you, guessing without hints.- he grinned.

"Is something wrong? Is Lisa in danger?" Alex asked.

-No, I just figured you were wondering why she hasn't tried to contact you much.- he said.

"Oh?"

Owen explained the situation and Alex shuddered.

"I don't think...'deluded' fits your other granddaughter....the only woman I'm interested in is Lisa."

-We know.- he said.

Alex frowned.

"We? As in..you told Lisa about me? Everything?"

-Of course I did.- he replied.

Alex was quiet for a moment.

-Anyways, I'll be going now, it should only be a little while longer before you see her again.- he added.

"Wait a minute...why didn't she tell me she knew everything?"

-Has it ever come up in a conversation?- he asked.

"Well no..."

-There's your answer, got to go!- he said cheerfully.

He faded before Alex could say anything more, Alex began to watch the phone even more closely.

....

The next morning Lisa got up early and slipped downstairs with her things, then she got a bag to gather ingredients and left. She went to Jenna's house, Jenna was already awake and her four year old daughter Madeline, and her six year old son Greg were watching cartoons. Jenna answered the door and stepped aside so Lisa could borrow her kitchen she poured coffee and listened to what Lisa had to say.

"So now you're stuck playing hostess until the baby is born?" she finally asked.

"Not if I hide out by the border I'm not." Lisa said.

Jenna smiled and patted her shoulder.

"Sweetie you look exhausted, aren't either of them helping out at all?"

"Of course not, Kelly is too "fragile" and mom has "more important" things to attend to."

Jenna shook her head, Madeline came in with her mouth covered in grape jam, her blond curls bounced with every step.

"Hey auntie, look I'm all sticky."

Jenna sighed and got up to get a wet rag, Lisa smiled.

"Oh yeah? Did you get in a fight with your toast?"

"Yeah, he was mean to my milk so I ate him and he shut up." she replied.

Lisa giggled and Jenna bent next to her daughter to clean her up.

"Oh and Jenni thanks for letting me use your kitchen."

"Oh please, you watch my kids and only ask for that in return, enjoy yourself." She said.

She peeked around the corner at Greg who had lost interest in the television and was quietly playing with his toy trucks. Lisa shook her head.

"Why can't Mike be like that?"

Jenna dropped the rag in the sink and her daughter rejoined Greg in the living room.

"Your sister probably doesn't spend enough time with him, kids normally act out when they want their parents to pay attention to them."

Lisa glanced at her.

"Is it really that simple?"

"Normally, too many parents turn to drugs and punishment before really thinking about it......Madeline if you're done eating you can put on your fairy princess costume."

She squealed and bounced up the stairs.

"And sometimes you have to teach your kids to compromise at an early age." she added.

Lisa smiled.

....

After signing in with the morning guard, Diana, Lisa went to see her grandmother who was laying in bed. She set down the container of soup and sat in the chair next to her bed, her grandmother looked frail. Lisa would be sad to see her go but would be happy to see her grandparents together again.

"Blue Jay is that you?" she said softly

"Hi grandma."

Franny opened her eyes and smiled at her softly.

"Hey there, I'm so glad you came to see me."

"Of course, I always love visiting."

"Except when that mean controlling grouch is around, I hope he never wakes up."

"Grandma Fran, that's not very nice."

Franny shrugged.

"I don't know what you're talking about, who are you?" she jokingly said.

Lisa giggled.

"Grandma stop that...that's not funny." she said.

Franny laughed.

"Sure it isn't, yet you laughed anyways how odd."

"I only laughed cause it's silly, you could never forget me."

Franny smiled at her warmly.

"No I couldn't Blue Jay, and I never will I love you sweetheart."

"I love you too grandma."

Lisa sniffed and hugged her, the room grew cold and she waited for her grandmother to let go of her hand. She wiped her eyes and smiled when she felt the cold hand on her shoulder, she turned and looked at her grandfather. He smiled at her.

"Is she making it cold?"

He nodded.

-You'll be able to see her after the funeral.- he said.

The room warmed, Lisa glanced at the soup.

"Guess I didn't need to bring that."

She watched the soup disappear from the container, she stared at her grandfather.

-The spirit world is an interesting place.- he said while grinning.

Lisa smiled then got up to let Diana know that her grandmother was gone from this world, mostly anyways.

....

The ambulance took her grandmother away and she watched them leave. She looked up as a blue jeep pulled up, Tommy got out and walked over to hug her. She hugged him back and smiled at him.

"I'm so sorry Lisa."

"Thanks, I'll be OK though, I'm glad I got to see her smile one more time."

He patted her shoulder.

"Listen, she left you something and asked if I could give it to you right when she was taken away."

Lisa nodded and followed him back inside, he went in the little vault he kept under the desk and handed her an envelope.

"Go ahead and open it, she wanted it in the bank before anyone had a chance to ask you about it."

Lisa nodded and opened it, as she thought it was a rather large sum broken up into several different checks including one that wasn't for her with a letter attached. She smiled and thanked him then walked to the door slowly.

"Thank you grandma, I'll be looking forward to seeing you soon." she said under her breath.

She felt a burst of warm air around her and her smile widened.

After the checks were deposited she took out her phone to call her father and told him what happened. Franny made it clear that she didn't want to be on the Earth too long after death, especially since her husband went before her.

....

A week after her grandmother was cremated, they went to the office of the funeral home for the reading of the will. Lisa zoned out while they waited, then jumped feeling a chill up her spine, she coughed and mumbled something about a spider crawling on her leg. She looked at the television screen and saw the reflection of her grandmother making faces at her. She coughed to hide her giggle.

'Oh very mature.' Lisa said mentally to her grandmother.

-Funny you use to love those faces, now you're all prim and proper.- Franny replied.

'I have never been prim and proper in my life.'

-Except when you took ballet, oh you were the cutest little gum drop fairy.- Franny said.

Lisa watched her grandfather appear and bit back a smile as he led her grandmother in a dance around the room. Just like they use to do when she was younger the will was read and items were checked off the list for everyone in the room before it was Lisa's turn.

"And finally, to Lisa, your granddaddy and I have left you a little something that is just for you, our house in Denver."

Lisa smiled, the house was two stories and had a large backyard, a nice basement and the attic was a decent size. It was painted white and had a simple brown roof, the scheme of the entire house included colors of Spring time. Lisa had spent a ton of time there and her grandmother had taught her plenty of things, how to properly garden, how to paint, sew, and cook all sorts of things. She mentally thanked her grandparents who beamed at her.

Kelly cursed.

"Wait there must be a mistake, she already has a house, they must have meant it's for me." Kelly said.

He glanced over the paperwork.

"No you get the two thousand dollars, the house belongs to your sister."

"That's bullshit, mother make her give it to me."

Lisa shivered as the room grew cold, her grandfather was pretty laid back but her grandmother had a temper to balance out her normally sweet personality.

-Spoiled brat, I didn't have to leave her anything.- Franny snapped.

Lisa glanced at Kelly, and Julia shook her head.

"Sweetheart relax I don't have to do anything, she'll give it to you." Julia said.

Lisa frowned.

"No I won't, the house is for me and I'm taking it."

"What?! Mother did you hear her? She get's everything, what about me?"

"She's just kidding, she knows your stupid ex is getting the house since he let you keep just about everything else." Julia said.

"That's unfortunate but I'm not giving up their house." Lisa said.

"Lisa..."

"That's enough."

They looked at Dennis.

"What is wrong with you two? Why are you going out of your way to cause a fight?." he glared at them.

"But..."

"No Julia, you think I haven't noticed how you sneak around and try to hurt Lisa in any way you can, Lisa could overlook it so I stayed quiet. This is not negotiable."

"Dennis our daughter needs a place of her own."Julia said.

Kelly whined.

"Daddy don't be so unfair."

He rolled his eyes.

"We have more than one daughter you know." he said to Julia.

"Yes but she has a house."

"And a convertible she won in that contest." Kelly added.

"Really what color?" he asked Lisa.

Lisa smiled.

"Just like that one in your study."

"Oh man, can your old man take it for a test drive?"

She smiled and nodded he cleared his throat.

"Now that we are done here I would like to leave." he said.

"But Dennis, you're spoiling her." Julia added.

Dennis shook his head.

"Let's go."

...

The ride was anything but quiet, Kelly frowned.

"Mother I've lost valuable time with Alex these past couple of weeks."

"Who?" Dennis asked.

He traveled a lot for business since he worked for a company that dealt with electronics so he didn't always get all of the info on what was happening now.

"My new boyfriend."

Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Dad she's delusional, she is already planning their future."

"What? Do you even know anything about this guy?"

"He's a doctor and he's rich." she said.

Dennis rolled his eyes.

"She's talking about Dr. Carmen." Lisa added.

"That young doctor? Kelly he's still young, even if he's ready for a family a young man like that normally wants kids who are his own. You're having a second child by another man this is not a good time to start hitting on guys." he said.

Kelly huffed.

"Oh Lisa put you up to this didn't she?"

Dennis sighed.

"We went from the funeral home to the car, when could Lisa have put me up to this if I just heard about it?"

"She's jealous dear, clearly she wants this man and can't handle the fact that she isn't good enough." Julia said.

12