All Comments on 'BabySitter's Turn'

by Ashson

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
to the author: apostrophe not used correctly

to make a last name plural, one follows the regular rule for nouns: you add an "s" or an "es."

i think that you only use an apostrophe before the "s" when you're pluralizing acronyms or numbers, "ICBM's" and the "1990's."

so it should be "the Granges" and not "the Grange's." it'd be "the Granges' house," too, following the same rule as most other nouns for plural possessives, although of course "the Granges's house" would also be correct.

get Strunk and White's "The Elements of Style." it's short and to the point, and fun, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Oh for crying out loud!

Really anonymous?? Going on about usage of apostrophe's? Who bloody care's about the simple usage of an apostrophe?? It didn't detract from the story in the slightest! If your so concerned about usage, go read some of the "professional" new's article's...I have a feeling you'll be quite a bit more ticked off than the simple usage of apostrophe's.

To Ashson - excellent job. Loved this story just as much as I love all your story's! You are my sole favorite author because your so prolific, because you tell a good story, & because I CAN read your story's! I get so irritated when I see other's comment on you're story's, about your usage or your grammar! If one were to read 90% of the other mindless drivel available out there, your writing is far superior! I also get quite irritated reading the news anymore. Error after error after error. It's like reading a 5th graders report! Well anyways, good job Ashson. Anonymous - go away! & in case you couldn't tell, my error's here were quite on porpoise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It's called non-consent for a reason!

@AveryGoodlay It's rape fantasy. Get over it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous