Back to Bristol Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GaryAPB
GaryAPB
860 Followers

When I got back with the boys, it was Ralph who met me. He looked at me in silence for quite a while, then he said, "Cup of tea in the shed, I think." And he just led the way to the bottom of the garden, I followed, feeling rather like a naughty schoolboy following the headmaster back to his study, knowing that's where the caning would happen.

Ralph just set to work making a cup of tea, I watched him and waited. Eventually, he looked at me and said, "So what happened?"

"What has she told you?" I countered. I had no intention of saying more than Molly had told him.

He smiled, acknowledging my move, "Not a lot. Come to that, I'm not sure I want to know a lot." He sighed, "You had lunch with Molly. You took her back to their house and Peter came home early and found you and Molly in what she described as an embarrassing scene."

"Well, that pretty much covers it. He's had the week off work, I do know that."

"Did you plan it, or know that he'd come home early?" Ralph looked at me hard, "Peter thinks you planned it all as some form of revenge. And Molly thinks you might have done."

I smiled, "Well I guess he'd blame me. But No, I didn't plan a thing. I promise you, Ralph, I went to lunch with my ex-wife, at her invitation I might add, with only two things on my agenda. First, I wanted to talk about the boys education. And second, I had some vague hope that it might be the start of building some sort of friendly relationship with Molly, for the boys' sake. And no, I didn't plan anything, and No I didn't know that Peter would come home early."

Ralph looked at me, still suspicious, "Molly says you acted as if you had it all planned out when Peter turned up. That you quoted some Bible reference at him. Neither of them can remember what it was."

"Matthew, 7:12"

"Oh, I had hoped it was Luke 6:31"

"I think the Matthew version is: Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them. But I think the two are much the same, Sermon on the Mount and all that."

Now he smiled, "Four years too late, but now you are fighting back."

"Good Heavens! No. I am not fighting back. He won, hands down. Cupid's little arrow was shot, and I lost a long time ago. But I couldn't resist reminding him that that's how it felt."

We stood staring at each other for a long moment, then the whistle sang on his kettle, and he made some tea.

I broke the silence, "You know your Bible quotes."

He smiled, "A childhood of Sunday School every week for years never leaves you. How about you?"

"A boss who can quote it at the drop of a hat. If you want to get ahead, you learn fast."

Again there was a pause, but it wasn't such an icy one. Then Ralph said, "You should tell Molly that you didn't plan it, why not go and see her?"

"No way, I'm not interfering more than I already have. Anyway, what's happened to them?"

"Peter's gone off to their little cottage in Wales, I think he inherited it from his Mother. They keep saying that Susan and myself should borrow it for a week, but we never do. Anyway, he's gone up there to think about things. She's at their house here."

I smiled, "Well I'll give him a better chance at putting things right than he ever gave me. When Molly first told me about Peter, I went and rented a little room for the week, just so that I could clear my head. When I came back the next week to talk about things, he'd spotted a marriage at its weakest, and had wined and dined her, or at least lunched her. By the time I got back my case was lost." I looked up at him, "I would have tried to put it right, but she was totally enamoured by then......"

"You should have tried anyway."

"There's no point in fighting a losing battle. I just gave her what she wanted, a divorce. And got on with my life." I smiled, "And it hasn't been so bad really. You get over these things."

"Talk to her."

"No way, they need space, time and privacy to put right whatever is wrong. Its bad enough that I've been part of a problem for them, they don't need me around."

He sighed, and we drank our tea in silence, except for one question from me, "I guess Susan blames me for all this?"

"Of course."

It was late morning on Tuesday that I came up from doing my bit at a sales presentation downstairs, as I approached Carole's office, I could see the most fabulous pair of legs with the highest pair of heels any woman could actually wear, sitting on the sofa opposite Carole's desk. There was only one person who had that good a pair of legs, and who would wear that high a heel, "Helene! What a lovely surprise. What are you doing here?"

I ushered her into my office, asking Carole for coffee and telling her to cancel my next meeting. As I shut the door, Helene flung her arms around my neck and kissed me full and hard on the lips. "I've missed you, Chris. I've missed you so much."

To be honest the next hour wasn't much fun. I guess Carole got a snapshot image of it when she came in with coffee, and it was the only time that I've known Carole to knock before she entered. Helene and myself were both sitting on the longer of the two sofas, both sitting sideways so that we see each others' eyes and faces. Put simply, she loved me and couldn't live without me, and wanted to come and live and work in Bristol. It was hard for me to try and express how important she was to me, how grateful I was to her, but there was no future for us. I just didn't love her enough. There were tears, and hugs, and more tears, and the offer of the greatest sex life ever, whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it. But it all came to the same thing, there was no future.

Eventually, I think she began to admit defeat. She dried her eyes and blew her nose one more time, and weakly smiled, "Well, you can't blame a girl for trying."

"I am so flattered." I smiled, and kissed her cheek gently.

"I think I need to repair my face. Where is there a bathroom?"

"Through that door." I pointed the way to my private bathroom. "Where are you going to go now?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "To the airport, I guess."

"Well, you go and smarten yourself up, and I'll see if I can get out of whatever I'm meant to be doing for lunch. If I can, then I'll drive you. If not, well I'll get you a taxi."

She smiled again, and headed for the bathroom. I watched her go. Sighed heavily. And then I went to see Carole.

As I opened my office door, I came face to face with Molly.

"Molly! You came to see me?"

"Yes. Sorry to disturb you, but suddenly I got the courage to come and see you." She smiled.

I saw Carole watching this from her desk.

"Well, I've got Helene here at the moment, and I was hoping to take her to lunch....."

I shouldn't have said it, I should have thought quicker, but I didn't. Molly looked shocked and then hurt. Without a word she just turned and left.

I turned to Carole, "What was that about? Did she say anything to you?"

"No. She just said she needed to speak to you. But she seemed very nervous, on edge, if you know what I mean."

I shook my head slowly, "Well, I can imagine that she might want to talk to me. I think she and Peter have problems at the moment."

There was a long silence, probably Carole waiting for me to explain a little more, which I wasn't going to do. Eventually, Carole broke it with "Well, you can't get away at lunchtime, not unless you want to upset Sir George Havers and his entourage from Oxfordshire Health waiting for you downstairs in Sales."

"Bugger! Well can you get a taxi for Helene. She needs to get back to the airport."

"Well I'll take her if you like."

"No you won't. You'd never be able to resist asking questions."

Carole straightened herself in her chair, "In the words of the delectable Myra - spoilsport!"

"It's not funny!"

Her smile fell away, "No, I don't expect it is." She said quietly, and she started to look up the number for a taxi.

I returned to my office and told Helene that I couldn't get out of my lunch, and I escorted her down to Reception. Her taxi turned up quite quickly, and I gave her a big hug and a kiss as we said goodbye at the bottom of the Reception steps.

After lunch I went back to my office, Carole looked up as I came in and there was a kind concern in her eyes, "You are all right, aren't you Chris? I had a worry about you at lunch."

I smiled, "Yes, I'm fine. It wasn't fun with Helene, but I'd told her before that the answer was No. She just had to try one more time. And I don't know what Molly was all about." I paused for a moment, "I just wish that I could understand some of what's going on in my life."

Just then, Myra came through the door with a file. She looked at me and smiled, handing the file to Carole, "Just some figures on the transferring the Accounts' systems that he should see sometime."

I watched her walk away, she was wearing a fairly long but very tight skirt, and the view from the rear was entrancing. As I turned back I saw Carole smiling.

"What?" I asked, a bit indignant at getting caught.

Carole smiled, and there was a definite twinkle in her eyes, "Let me get this straight: Molly is the great love of your life, but she's history. But her new husband, Peter works for you and is upset that you've turned up. And they've got trouble which I assume is not totally unconnected with you being here. And Helene loves you and wants to marry you. But you fancy Myra."

I smiled, "Yes. Do you have a problem with that?"

"Rick will be pleased."

"I know I shouldn't ask, but why?"

"Well he's always going on at me for watching my soaps on the telly. He says the plots are all too far fetched." She paused and smiled at me, "I won't have to watch them now."

I laughed, "Get on with your work."

Molly didn't come back, and I decided not to phone her.

On Friday I saw Myra quite briefly. She asked if she could change for this Easter Ball at my place, to save her having to drive over from Bath in a full length dress. Of course I agreed.

On Saturday, I collected the boys for lunch from Ralph and Susan's. Susan answered the door, and even smiled at me. As the boys were climbing into the car, Ralph came over and said, "It looks like Peter and Molly are going to be alright. He's come back and he's taking her out tonight. So you missed your chance."

"I wasn't looking for a chance, Ralph. Molly tried to come and see me in the week, but we never talked."

"Well, maybe that's just as well." He said, patted my shoulder and went back to his gardening.

I did ask the boys how their week had been at home without Peter, but Jamie said, "Mummy said we weren't to talk about it with you."

I backed off immediately. She was right, the boys shouldn't be a conduit for gossip.

I didn't really see Ralph or Susan when I took the boys back. Susan opened the door, the boys ran in and that was that.

I went home, made myself a cup of tea, and then showered and changed ready for the RNIB Easter Ball.

Myra turned up on time, looking casual but sexy. She'd obviously had her hair done, and then she wiggled her fingers in front of my face, "You've had your nails done. It is only a local fund raiser, you know."

"And a first date." She corrected me.

I offered her a cup of tea, and then left her in my bedroom and bathroom.

A little under an hour later a vision in black and rich yellows and orange made an entrance from my bedroom. I looked, smiled and said "Wow!"

Her dress was totally strapless, the top looked as if it was some form of tight, soft corset, but from the hip down it was a very full skirt. She had an ornate and heavy necklace, dripping in yellow gems. And she had heavy drop earrings to match.

"What a wonderful necklace. It's Victorian isn't it, it looks old? They're citrines aren't they?"

"You know your gemstones. I'll look forward to my birthday." She smiled, "Yes. It was my great grandmother's and it's come down to me. You are honoured, I very rarely wear them."

I stepped up to her, very close and put my arms around her, "I feel honoured. I'll have the most beautiful girl in the room on my arm, and she's a bejewelled jewel." And I leant in and kissed her.

She was very hesitant at first, but then she returned it with passion. Eventually we broke apart slightly, and she brought us down to earth, "Come on, we'll be late, and you are an honoured guest., you should be punctual."

I have to admit, I had some doubts about an Easter Ball for the blind. I wondered what sort of special arrangements there was going to be. I shouldn't have worried, it was a great evening. Of course, I was an honoured guest, as Myra had said, and we were treated like royalty.

As we mingled with the crowd, I noticed that Franks staff seemed to be supporting the event well. I guess some of them, like me, were there as a matter of duty as much as pleasure, but there were plenty who must just be doing their charitable bit.

We were obviously to be seated at the top table, and Dennis Murrell, my problem production director, and his wife were also on our table. They seemed to be a well matched couple, she was as sour faced as he was old-fashioned. I was glad I was out of conversation range from them.

It was after we had sat down to eat, and the room had fallen to a loud murmur of conversations, and everything seemed orderly for a while that I looked around the room and saw them. If myself and Myra were at Table 1, then Peter and Molly were sitting at about Table 20. They had their back to me, but I could still recognise Molly from the back. She was wearing a bright pink dress, but I thought there was a weariness about her shoulders.

I tried making small talk with my neighbour as I thought about what I was going to do about Molly and Peter being here. It seemed odd thing to come here as an act of reconciliation, but I guessed that they probably booked this night some weeks ago, and getting dressed up for a formal big night might work. I wondered if I should go and say hello, even whether I should ask Molly for a dance. But, being a coward, and full of indecision, I decided to do nothing, let them find me - if they wanted to.

At the end of the meal, and before the dancing started, they decided to draw the raffle. I was invited to read out the winners, and Myra was invited to make the draw. What no one had warned me about was that I was also invited to make a speech. I sort of stumbled through it, with all the right words about how we were delighted to support the evening, and the company's fight to improve eyesight medical equipment. And a told a couple of decent jokes, that seemed to go down well.

When I came down off the stage a thought ran through my head that Peter and Molly couldn't be innocent of my presence now. But they never approached me.

I danced with Myra, and with a couple of the senior wives. I did see Peter and Molly dancing once, early on, but after that they seemed to disappear. Towards midnight I thought Myra was beginning to look a little weary. She had done so well being charming to everyone, and dancing with a lot of old men, I was very impressed and proud of her. I invited her onto the dance floor one more time, and suggested that maybe it was time for us to go home. She seemed relieved, and excused herself to go to the Ladies. When she returned we said our farewells and left.

In the car I praised her, for being so charming to all and sundry. "I'm very proud that I had such a charming companion tonight. Thank you."

She smiled cheekily, "You haven't had me yet." I smiled, she has a wonderfully naughty sense of humour.

She interrupted my thoughts, "Anyway, I'm rather proud that I was invited. You were quite a hit you know. When I went to the Ladies, several women were talking about how charming and sexy you were."

"But I bet it all went quiet when they recognised you."

"Yes, except for one. She asked if we were a permanent item?"

"And what did you say?"

"I told her I was working on it. That was a bit naughty of me, but it didn't seem right to say this was our first date."

"What colour dress was she wearing?"

"Fuchsia. Why?"

"That's bright pink isn't it?"

She was hesitant as she answered, "Yes?"

I didn't explain. Let tomorrow look after itself. My main worry was that Jamie and Ben will want to know all about a new woman in my life.

As we drove back to my place I wondered how the evening should end, and how it would end, and how I wanted it to end. Well, I knew the answer to the last bit, in bed screwing like rabbits!

Once we were indoors I went to pour myself a brandy, as a nightcap. "Would you like a coffee, or even a brandy if it won't put you over the limit."

I turned to hear her reply. She stepped close to me, and I leant over and took her in my arms and kissed her.

"A brandy would be nice, and I guess I'll be OK to drive - in the morning." She whispered and kissed me again.

I felt myself slightly stiffen, in the backbone - not the crotch, that was already stiffening.

She must have caught a look in my eyes, "Doubts?"

"Well, I am your boss."

"And I'm not some silly secretary, pissed at the office party. I know what I'm doing, and I think you'll still respect me in the morning."

"Yes, I will, but I'll still be your boss in the morning as well."

She kissed me again, "I like you and trust you, and because you have doubts is precisely why I know it'll be OK. Please, I need to."

"Because of Jonathon?"

"Partly. But also because I want you."

I poured her a brandy and handed it to her. As she held it, I put my arms around her and found what I hoped would be the zip of her dress. It wasn't.

"Little clasps, all the way down the back." She whispered.

Slowly, one at a time, I undid her dress. At the bottom of the corset top I found a little zip that ran a few inches down the full skirt. When all was undone, the dress remained in place around her, probably because we were standing so close together. Myra stood back and gave a little shake, and the whole dress fell away in a pool around her feet. She stood there in a little black g-string or thong, black lace top thigh high stockings and shiny black high heeled strappy sandals. She was the perfection of a wet dream.

Stupidly, my initial remark was "What a wonderful tan."

She smiled, "I've only just come back from holiday a few weeks ago." She half turned to be sideways to me, "And anyway, I've got obvious tan lines where my bikini was a lot bigger than this silly string."

I smiled, "I'll cope."

I took hold of her hand, her fingers really, in a very polite way, drew her to me, kissed her, and then led the way to the bedroom. Both of us were still carrying our brandies, and by some unspoken agreement, we went to opposite sides of the bed and put our glasses down on the bedside tables.

She kicked off her shoes, and put each leg in turn on the bed and peeled off her stockings. Then I saw her thumbs go into the waist band of her g-string.

"No, I'll do that, if I may."

She smiled and laid down on the bed, just gently smiling up at me.

I started to undress, and she watched me. The silence, the expectation was becoming deafening, so I looked at her and said, "God! You're sexy."

That seemed to prompt her, she stroked her hands up over her stomach to cup her breasts, letting the fingers pass over her nipples, and seemingly bring them to even greater erection.

Once I was naked I joined her on the bed. I leaned over her and kissed her full on the lips, her mouth opened to allow my probing tongue in. Then I moved down her to kiss her nipples. She remained cupping her breasts, as if offering them to me, and that was a turn on. I looked down on her, she was still wearing a little black g-string and a heavy necklace and earrings. I took hold of the strings of her g-string on each hip and started to slide them down, "And now the piece de resistance."

GaryAPB
GaryAPB
860 Followers