All Comments on 'Back to the Farm Ch. 01'

by evanslily

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
wow--there's a lot going on there!

You absolutely MUST write further chapters for this! It's a very intriguing setup, and clearly a lot of things from the past that are affecting the present. Just please don't make it the type of will where they're forced to live in the same house for a year (slightly overdone!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Love It! Love It!

Yes please continue! There's a lot of potential with the storyline. I really like the characters so far.

NorCalGirlNorCalGirlover 16 years ago
Great beginning

You've got me intrigued, that's for sure. I hope you're inspired to continue this story line!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Love it!

Great start! Cant wait for the next chapter of both your stories! Thanks for writing

cinnamon_kisses12cinnamon_kisses12over 16 years ago
heyy

Excellent start! Can't wait for the next installment!

PrincessErinPrincessErinover 16 years ago
Great Beginning

Sounds like this is going to be another great chapter series from you.

Roge472xalRoge472xalover 16 years ago
Hold on Tight!

The ride has started with a bang! :-)

cageyteecageyteeover 16 years ago
You blew it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this was intended to placate me while, like so many others, I anxiously await the next installment of "Caught By The Tide" I must inform you that not only am I not "placated", I am now, even more anxiously awaiting the next installment of "Back to the Farm". I am hooked !!!! Your story telling ability is exceptional and your command of the English language makes reading those "exceptional" stories even more enjoyable. For what it is worth, I travel a great deal and while doing so I listen to books on CD (I used to get books on "tape" but even an old guy like me can adjust) when I am driving and I either read a novel or listen on my portable unit when I'm flying. (which I do 8 - 10 times a month) The point is that I read a great many authors almost all of whom have made a substantial living from their writing and I find myself enjoying and "getting lost in" your work every bit as much as I do theirs. In my humble opinion (if there was anything ever humble about me) you are as entertaining a writer as any of them. Even though it would mean I would have to pay to read your work, as opposed to reading it free here on this site, I would be pleased to do so should you have the opportunity to "go pro"! Having buttered you up with all this, do you suppose you might push just a little harder to post another installment of either one soon? Please !

HikergirlHikergirlover 16 years ago
I agree with...

Cageytee (the previous poster)...you have great talent for tell a story and are as good as many published authors I've read. I'm not one to discourage someone from studying, but when are those exams of yours finally finished, hmmmm?

evanslilyevanslilyover 16 years agoAuthor
My exam's on February 12...

I know that sounds a while to wait and I'm so sorry :( But Chapter 2 of this has been submitted and is already on its way, pending approval.

Thank you all so much for your comments. Each and every one is really appreciated, especially now I'm hitting the books when I'd much rather be writing!

Back soon...

Lily -x-

wahiawagirlwahiawagirlover 16 years ago
I agree with everyone!

You have a talent to weave a great story that makes people come back for more. I do want you to do well in school, but , just so you know, I hope to read more of your stories soon!

bevybeautybevybeautyover 16 years ago
great as usual

love ur stories... all of them... and this one promises to be a good one too.. bt please pleae finish lukes story...love that one...

michchick98michchick98over 16 years ago
Another fabulous start

I don't know how anyone can juggle two storylines at once, I have problems with one most of the time. I love the characters in this one already and I know things will heat up between them. Looking forward to chapter two as well as the next chapter of Caught By The Tide when you get around to it.

chargergirlchargergirlabout 16 years ago
Just found this story

It's wonderful! I love the way your writing flows--you're very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great start!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow.

This is the type of story i love with lots of passion and a great background that links them together. Love it so far!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Keep the stories coming please From Montreal with love

Keep the stories coming please From Montreal with love

OldSarge69OldSarge69almost 12 years ago

Very good setup for the story. I really feel like I know these people. So many stories here lack good background.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good!!

Erg I love the story and the let up but something about Matt makes me want to slap him...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

It holds a person's interest.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
not stupid, damned stupid!

Melissa signing papers without reading them first. Or, since she was emotionally distraught by Charlie's death, she should have at least had her own solicitor look them over before she signed anything.

This is the sort of mistakes that the morons I had for In-laws made. They even signed blank pieces of paper! And they wound up losing a substantial fortune and property. I inadvertently found out about this many years after. Oh, and the other thing is NEVER use a lawyer who is a relative! Evidently he was one of the ringleaders of the plot to loot the family estate.

Frankly, the way the solicitor Archer is treating her, I would think at the very least Melissa could request a Bar Association Ethics investigation. And she should demand an audit by an outside forensic accountant firm.

MarraTedMarraTedover 7 years ago
Chapter 1.

Good start. Laying the foundation of the story well. Looking forward to the next part.

cantgetenough2cantgetenough2over 7 years ago
Great Series

Thank you for the wonderful series.

Looking forward to reading the other series that you have written

Great story development without getting bogged down with "character development"

Some good suspense as the reader knew where it was going and waited for the realization to hit the characters.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
I agree with FanFare

Go into a meeting with a Solicitor angry, be blind-sided by finding an unexpected 2nd party also in attendance, and without even glancing through the papers signing everything relating to the estate. That is foolish.

She is 29, hasn't seen him for 14 years, and whatever happened still has her upset. Not a healthy way for a 15 yo girl to live. and sadly, that's all we know about these people.

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990over 5 years ago
Excellent start

I liked the banter back & forth between the two.

I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't get it. She is adamant that she wants nothing to do with him, and walks out and walks away from him, he chases after her grabs her, and immediately she folds and agrees to meet him. Is she not a person of her word? Does she often say one thing and then do something different?

Is she flippant and not to be trusted coz she can't even keep her word about a small minor issue like that?

What a loser.

If he had half a brain he would not have further contact with an unfaithful moody woman like her.

But of course this is the Lit universe. This is where all the men are spineless mindless morons, under the thumb of manipulative wily women and totally oblivious of it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous