Backstage Romance Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ikhneumon
ikhneumon
312 Followers

Then he said it. "I can't think of anything I'd like better than spending time with you."

Was that what it sounded like? Or had he just misspoken and not realized it? Did he mean "you" as in me and Kelly? My stomach churned around the mocha I had just finished. I couldn't do this, I wasn't brave enough to follow up on that. Just like I wasn't brave enough to pursue acting, wasn't brave enough to walk out on Brian the first time he hurt me. Yeah, that's me, Daniel the Cowardly Lion. I made some excuse and headed out, headed home where it was safe, where no Hollywood demigods could make confusing conversations with me.

He could tell something was wrong, I'm sure. He followed me out, saying he would walk me home. Nothing could have made me happier, and perversely, nothing could have made me agree to that just then. I was trembling from anxiety and need. He thought it was because I was cold. So sweet of him. So clueless.

I was all set to bolt and run when he told me to wait, and grabbed my arm. Our eyes met, and I caught my breath at what I saw there.

He was just as afraid as I was. Jeff Williams, this gorgeous, successful, talented man, wanted me—me!—and didn't know how to show it. I would have laughed with joy and wonder and relief if I we hadn't already been sharing a kiss so intense it made me dizzy.

Next thing I knew, I had agreed to go home with him. No second thoughts, no regrets, I simply said yes. I could overthink this tomorrow, and I probably would. Tonight was just about us. Dreams don't come true very often. Enjoy it when they do.

ikhneumon
ikhneumon
312 Followers
12