All Comments on 'Badge of Betrayal'

by soldierboy50401

Sort by:
  • 430 Comments
consulting91consulting918 days ago

Good story and I enjoyed reading it.

However they just traded one corrupt Sheriff for another.

He slept with his Mother in law and with his girlfriend while he was married. Then he blackmailed the old sheriff and the DA.

Then he used a hacker to setup the Sheriff and DA and all of his new Lieutenants are in on it. He gave them favors for their help.

He’s no better than the last guy.

RedRachaelRedRachael20 days ago

MC was just the lesser of two evils. He was as much of a dirtbag as anyone in the story. Fucked his MIL, broke several laws in his revenge and coerced other officers to do his bidding. But I guess he’s better than the former sheriff??????

dgfergiedgfergie29 days ago

An all around good story but way too long mostly due to the sex scenes that went on for pages and pages. They just took away from the main story. A long kiss and steamy night in bed would suffice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story, only slight criticism is the corruption and criminality that he ignores. The former sheriff, ex wife and DA should be prosecuted, otherwise he’s just as bad as them

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sorry but i found it way way too long, i found your mc to be too stupid and his inability to act quickly beyond belief. This may appeal to other local yokels but this is the www and that includes milions of people from all over who could give a shit about half of what you droned on about. I gave up after he found out and did nothing. If it was his house she should have been leaving with her clothes and nothing else. He should have been recording the conversations as he should in any crime scene, and so on.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele2 months ago

Second reading was as entertaining as the first.

Thank you.

usaretusaret2 months ago

Nicely done, well written.

Foggybottom81Foggybottom813 months ago

Like Gaul this story needed to be divided into 3 parts.

nogravynogravy3 months ago

Long is better in all regards. Very good work; the story flowed smoothly, and it contained the classic three acts of any good drama. I didn't see any strings left untied (except for completely disregarding Bud's wife in the tale), and the plot was tight and no more fantastical than any other fiction in this genre. Thanks for all the hard work and a good read. Five Stars for me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

4 Stars on a good story . I have yet to meet a lot of pretty ladies at Hospitals . But i have met 2 that would be great Bunnies in a magazine i use to read a lot .

60022Mallard60022Mallard3 months ago

Loved it.

A very long story that could have been trimmed with the length of the "coupling details".

Is there any male MC in LW stories who is not an above "average" performer between the sheets?

Perhaps it is true that polling found 90% of males believe they are better than average in that department?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow that was long.... thank goodness the ass fuck didn't happen.

gopher25gopher253 months ago

I would have given it five stars except for the almost ass fuck near the end.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Clarissa was an evil harpy and completely delusional. So much repetition in this story. Forget the cheating, all the plans and ideas with Bud to burn her husband to the ground and out him in prison is maniacally repugnant. Just an odious person. The MC is not a white knight either but he is a hysterical, lunatic, evil villain, nor wholly delusional. She has serious mental problems.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

very good story, almost got 5*s. I wonder why, when he became suspicious of his wife, he didnt have cameras and audio installed throughout his house. To the skim reading anonymoose just below nixrox, Pat never fucked his wife once he started loving Shannon, im not gonna condemn his actions wif MiL after the way his wife treated him, cant understand why she married him esp as a lowly line officer in a small PD. She want status go to the big city bitch, she obviously was a whore, didnt love hubby didnt love ben just put out for the guy w/ the most status=epidomy of a ho. Pat was decent and very lucky in escaping bens plot. solid 4*. rk

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

3 stars and waaaaay tooo long.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Overall pretty good but too many loose ends and it's unfortunate Pat is kind of a giant asshole as well. Fucking his MIL? I mean, wtf? And the fucking his wife while in a relationship with Shannon? Ffs.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower4 months ago

Thanks for a really enjoyable (re)read!! Great job! Love your imagination!!

Ursus1932Ursus19324 months ago

Mostly enjoyed it. However there is a feeling that it's not finished. Too many hanging opportunities left open. I have to wonder what our friend FTDS could do to make it shine.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow !!! Great story !!! I didn’t think I would be able to stay with it to end. It seemed long at first. I am glad I did. Thanks for the Great story. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Jesus Christ, I am not reading 26 pages!

AnalogContinuumAnalogContinuum5 months ago

You let a child pornographer off the ho

Speechless2025Speechless20255 months ago

A fun read. Thank you.

patilliepatillie6 months ago

Nice job, entertaining and thus moves along quickly. Its a 4 though, just didnt touch the emotional strings for me that are needed for a 5. The MC also had a somewhat tattered integrity and personal characrter, given that he slept with his wife's mom. As well as returning evidence to property room w/o alerting authorities, blackmailing the sheriff and county attorney. He was not a lily white hero.

daves_not_heredaves_not_here6 months ago

lol

I really enjoyed this story.

Thanks

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

In my opinion this is one of the top 5 stories to ever post to LW. It has everything you look for in a story, including a happy ending. I wish this guy was still writing.

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun6 months ago

I loved this story. Great writing. Thanks.

LoejtcLoejtc7 months ago

Good story but not one of my favorites. I prefer stories I can read in one sitting. Many writers have shown that high quality stories can be penned in 3 to 6 pages.

It is unlikely I will ever reread this one.

Still rates 5🌠.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Unfortunately it was a little too long winded, and the sex scenes just seemed to make it more so rather than adding eroticism to the story. The behaviour of Pat was just too out there, who really accepts that, the answer is no one as the lack of sex and respect almost always pushes men into seeking it elsewhere, children or not.

HighBrowHighBrow8 months ago

If you like introductions, chat, and rehash then this is the story for you.

hardworker5556hardworker55568 months ago

The was a Hell of a story! Please keep writing!

FluidswallowerFluidswallower8 months ago

Great! Absolutely great!! A pleasure to read, kept my attention beginning to end! Thanks!

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut10 months ago

Well, it's your story to tell as you will. Very well written but, alas, the evil "But" that cancels everything I have already said. The story lost believability for me when Patrick his curiosity and then his fear activated had it all but proved that it was his commanding officer the Sheriff who was cheating on him with his wife. No immanent danger to life or limb, the Deputy doesn't step back to gather evidence, but dashes headlong into a struggle where he is odds on to lose. Patrick has been a deputy or police officer for how long, yet hasn't learnt that "Discretion Is The Better Part Of Valour?" The believability of the story died for me at that point. Replacing a difficult investigation of a commanding officer with the computer world equivalent of Jason Bourne eased the passage of the story but removed the rest of the believability.

Still very well written, lacking in plot development.

RodzzzRodzzz10 months ago

If it were me, I would have abused Clarissa's pussy all night long just so she won't forget there's a new sheriff in town.

alan_deealan_dee10 months ago

To let us know who the antagonist was so early on in the story and then to keep it interesting the rest of the way couldn't have been an easy feat but the author pulled it off. A loooooooonnnnnnnggggggg story but props to soldierboy50401.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is a technically excellent story. The author is a skilled wordsmith, has a fine understanding of grammar and diction and could likely produce a bestselling novel with the skill set demonstrated here. That said, I find a significant weakness in this submission. There is entirely too much reliance on the "computer savant" capabilities of Tonya to magically resolve the numerous complex traps the evil Sheriff had devised and set for the protagonist. Each of her interventions on the MC's behalf involved exposing herself to felony criminal charges. At some point, even a nonconformist, stoned genius with a high libido and a heart of gold would have had to limit the amount of risk she would take on for someone she had just met. Plus, any person involved in information technology who believes he/she is always the smartest person in the room should remember the fate of the Metaverse and the importance of humility.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I really enjoyed this, and gave it 5 stars. I know I've tried to read this story at least 3 or 4 times, but once I'd get to the bottom of page 1, I'd find that I'd still have another 25 more pages to read. :O As it was I stayed up way past my bed time, and still had another 8 pages to go for today's reading just to finish it. I did like the plot twists, although having read enough LW stories in this forum, I knew the wife was cheating on him while he was in the hospital getting treated for his gun shot wounds. And after he met nurse Shannon, I knew he was going to fall for her, as he felt that "tingle or spark" that told him she was the one. That and the more time they spent together, he was falling for her. His soon to be ex-wife was too busy being with her lover, and wouldn't bring the boys to see him either, which made him suspicious. It also made him think about divorcing her, and he was still in the hospital at the time. Then after thinking about it, he decided to let her have the farm, and once he did that, he knew that Divorce would be in his future. Especially after he caught Bud and his soon to be ex-wife together in his home.After Bud gave him a warning that he would be going down, Pat got off his butt and started to look into what Bud had against him evidence wise, which really opened his eyes, and caused him to work at fixing it with some help.

To be honest, the end felt kind of chopped off since it lacked the details the rest of the story had. I still liked it, and Thank You for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

good story but way too long

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Second reading and still a great story. A little blackmail goes a long way especially to make things right. 5 stars of course.

Buster2UBuster2U12 months ago

EPIC story, Great Scope, Like a Universal Picture! Whoa, Great Writing, Great Story, Great Effort, Thank You good job. 1 thing that stands out in a good writer is to be able to have several characters but that the reader can still keep track of them as they make their appearance and leave and remember who they are when they come back. This you were able to do brilliantly! Thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

liked it ,=

chefjess2039chefjess203912 months ago

This was a great story my only problem was that you used the word "literally" way too often and sometimes in the wrong place which I can overlook keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I don't usually have the time to read long stories. This was a good enough read to make me find the time. Despite what some might feel, the actors are very credible. That means the reader has the privilege of liking or detesting them. They achieve "realness" as being successful as well as larcenous. Thanks for the pleasurable hour it took to read.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

Second read, after many, many months, and I think it is STILL as awesome as when I originally read it.

Limiting the possibility to only 5 stats does not give this what it is rightfully due.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

VERY well written!

I looked forward to EVERY page!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Found it long, had to skim over some of it. Still it was a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Long but really good, I would have loved to see more at the end on the divorce papers being served and the marriage to Shannon, I also would have loved the double cross with the former sheriff and lawyer getting what was coming to them and the poor wife finding out about the scum bags affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well paced great story. Dotted all 'i's and crossed all 't's. Very well done.

TLHianhinTLHianhinabout 1 year ago

I’m terribly disappointed that he didn’t take his wife’s virgin ass. I mean all that pent up hatred and frustrations over the years of being a cuckold had to go somewhere. What the hell? The whole scene was building up to a huge climax for christsakes. That was a huge letdown. Huge disappointment.

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

Hey a really good read.now I'll have to look at the rest of your work.thank you for the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I wanted to like this story, but there were holes in the plot big enough to drive a semi through. The mother in law may have been more of a bitch than the wife. She knows of her daughter’s affair yet withheld this from the MC for two years? This seems especially cruel when she alludes that her own marriage had ended because of infidelity.

By the time he had saved the second child, he was aware of what his wife and boss were up to and could have easily called a press conference laying out the whole sordid affair. With his public image at that time and the fact that Sheriff had personally endorsed him for his job, who would everyone believe?

I’m also shocked that the MC never seemed to be smart enough to have any sort of recorder to capture what seemed to be a never ending string of threats by both his wife and boss.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The literary level of this work was a pleasure to read.

JBird11JBird11about 1 year ago

Longe but loved it. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

wtampletwtampletover 1 year ago

Long, but worth the time. Great story, worth the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too long to read? No! too good not to read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was a long story, not dirvel, as seen thru some eyes. 26 chapters, 16 chapters, or 6 chapters, doesn't make it bad or good, it is what it said that makes the difference. It has a a good, strong story line, and follows a part of a man's career, and life, with victories and defeats. What the hell is wrong with that. It was well detailed; well written; and well edited. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The ending is a pratfall. Doofus Pat made himself a felon, and it was unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Truly amazing story with crazy amount of creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

AN amazing story! He'll, I don't know where to fault you! For those throwing trash at this writer......sorry for ya.

THIS MANY STARS💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥

nyteramblernyteramblerover 1 year ago

I liked the story even if long. But really would have liked to know what happened to Ex.

Ginger630Ginger630over 1 year ago

I’d like this story more if Pat didn’t bang his mother in law. He cheated on his wife as well. That whole scenario didn’t fit into the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

terribly long and too much detail of the sex scenes, as this should be a story, not a "stroke" story. I did read it all, although I speeded thru some, good, but still way too long

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

26 chapters later he serves the whoring wife with divorce papers!! Such long unnecessary drivel

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed this story.

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 1 year ago

(9/24/2022) Well now, I’m not into butt play and the narrative seemed to have a few complex situations that seemed too easily resolved, IMO. I’m not saying that I loved it but I did give it five stars. I’m just saying that it was a well-written engaging fantasy that I enjoyed reading and that it deserved the high rating. I found the character of Tonya very intriguing and would have enjoyed reading more about her. She was a character that deserves a narrative of her own, IMO. It’s too bad the author hasn’t submitted anything new in five years.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureover 1 year ago

Loved it great story! 5

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowover 1 year ago

This was an awesome story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written, and an incredibly plausible plot of abuse of Office, foiled by people brought together by time in service to country and justice. After 15 yrs in the Army, and 15 in civilian law enforcement I thouroughly enjoy a story about what those bonded in this way can accomplish. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kind of nuts. Clarissa's motivations were clear signs of a serious mental illness. And very long...

Cringo31Cringo31almost 2 years ago

A really well written story with great twists and turns to hold your attention. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Feels as if I just read a "paper back" in an evening. A start to finish well thought out story with many twists 'n turns. As someone (me) who knows quite a bit about the criminal justice system (federal and local) along with a tech-savy background w/much experience, I will not poke holes in any of the evidentiary or manipulations with cyber data; suffice it to say the author knows just enough on these subjects to make them "real." Thoroughly enjoyed it all, especially "nailing" the sheriff and cheating wife; yeah - that was terrific. Great job, Author!

GuSannGuSannalmost 2 years ago

That was a good story! Thabk you!

blkuserblkuseralmost 2 years ago

Damn great writing thank you

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

Well written, thank you. The flow of the story is very good.

The part of changing records in the digital world is far fetched, but I enjoyed the ideas.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The amount of times he cheated on his wife with her own mother I couldn’t finish it I would never betray my daughter in such a disgusting display of said betrayal they should both be ashamed he should of divorced his wife not slept with her mother

BlueHemiBlueHemialmost 2 years ago

Very awesome story. Thanks for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Looking at the latest comments ,only one bothered me.I guess I don't think it is cheating, even when you don't know your wife is fucking someone else at the same time you are fucking her mother. Maybe that doesn't make it right, but it's not really wrong either is it? It's her mom, and she is fucking his boss. It's intentions that I think make it right or wrong, him fucking mom was just a fuck with no future, her fucking Bud,and planning all kinds of shit to get rid of Pat was way beyond cheating. My opinion. This cheating mind set that some have is Victorian. We have been there before. Maybe in a 100 years we will understand that just maybe a fuck is nothing much more that a handshake, but making love on an extended basis is cheating, especially if there is any planning going on. Terrific story line, and well written. Keep writing.

XYZ

RandoniusRandoniusalmost 2 years ago

Really nice piece of work, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not like she was much of a wife at all, a completely useless thing.

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

He was not much better than his wife, he was cheating with her mother before he knew of her infidelity. To much titillating unnecessary sex, This was about the story (well written 4*)_ I love sex in erotic stories were my hands are attracted to my waistband. But in stories like this it's unnecessary to have full description. I love well written erotic sex stories my favourite author is NotLloydG if anyone can recommend quality sexual authors please email me at qeteshhunt@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WOW. Well done. Long, intense, complicated plot,huge cast, and you did it so well. The story moved well,it held atention in a death grip. I didn't even notice as much as a typo. Highest level of quality. Thank you.

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

A simply outstanding novella. Could not put it down. Thanks and I look forward that reading many more from your pen.

Of coarse 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was a good story, but my God did it get bogged down in unimportant details. Also, for a Captain, he was slow on uptake in realizing his wife was cheating. There was enough evidence for blind man to figure out something was definitely going on by the time he arrived home from the hospital. He got with it pretty quick after he was told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think 5 stars usually says it all,but this story deserves much more (6 stars at least as well as a long commentary, for a long story). It IS well written, the ending is beautiful, the plot is great, and the flaws are minor (such as the ‘AR15’ blunder, M16 would have probably pleased those in the know better). I personally was disappointed because of the things left out or left hanging as some might say and the tags were not accurate either (there was no threesome, it was only hinted at,). For heaven’s sake, this was supposed to be an adult themed tale with lots of situations that you have to be eighteen or older to read. I could’ve gone to Walmart’s romance section and bought something with more adult situations in it. The trick worked though; I

and many others read it because its category was “Loving Wives “ not “Novella “. Come to think of it there is no category “Loving Husbands” after all is there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story gave it 5☆. Would really like to see it continued though, like another comment, as lo g as it was you could have let them get married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As long as the story was, it should have ended with the sheriff marrying the nurse. Very well written and presented. Pity I can only go 5 stars

rbloch66rbloch66over 2 years ago

Great story! Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An AR-15 is not an assault rifle. The AR stands for Armalite Rifles. You sound like the stupid media when you call it an assault rifle!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW! Amazing 5* Story!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy!

49WIZARD8849WIZARD88over 2 years ago

One of the very best on LIT!! An absolutely incredible story. Loved every bit of it

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 2 years ago

I did not read all 331 comments and perhaps others noticed this error as well. A Taurus 44 Magnum, in fact virtually all revolvers, are constructed without a “safety.” Only semi-automatic pistols (at least most) have safeties. The author might want to look this up.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

Excellent story, even if all of the main characters, excluding Shannon, were scum. Clarissa and Bud were obvious scum. Patrick is scum because he was fucking his mother-in-law before he even knew of his wife’s infidelity.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous