All Comments on 'Barbra'

by demure101

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
2nd chapter please

really enjoyed the story look forward to their next chapter

James UK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Would love to hear more about these 2

A fabulous very well written story

Maybe Ben could meet Beau`s mother

demure101demure101about 9 years agoAuthor
Brilliant idea!

Have to think about that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I just want to know what lesson two is... :)

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 7 years ago
A Template for Boredom

I just finished "Lizzie" and liked it although it was too long. I started "Barbra", got a page into it and realized we have here another story of a widow who spends ten pages searching, has a page of sex and finds a replacement for her beloved deceased husband. They say that Vivaldi wrote one concerto in his life and then composed 500 variations on that theme. I think we have someone who is trying to emulate that style and I don't think I'm buying into that template. I gave this a 2* and will move onto other authors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Name and nature

Good thing you chose your own moniker there, Overcritical! That explains you, and we don't have to worry about you any more. The rest of us quite like the story, and the author. You go on ahead and search for what floats your boat. More for us to enjoy!

Demure, you write real stories about real people. Don't you let overcritical folk stop you from doing what you do best. Remember, the world still loves Vivaldi's music...even with all the repetition! Because you know, at the end of the day, Scripture is right...there's nothing new under the sun. :)

legerdemerlegerdemerover 7 years ago
Sweet

A sweet, simply-but-well-told tale. I tend to shy away from stories this long, but you captured my interest with very good characters.

WilCox49WilCox49about 6 years ago
very nice

Nicely paced and written. Needs a little better proofreading (grammar/typos), but the characters are believable and well drawn. Nice job on Beau, with her first impression. I enjoyed this one a lot. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous