Bareboaters Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Exactly - keep him out of mischief."

"Maybe there'll be someone to take you both off my hands," said Jim.

"Well, really! I thought you liked having me and Isobel all to yourself?"

"Oh, I do -- I'm just a bit worn out." Jim laughed "Maybe I can get some help?"

"Very funny," said Mary. She dug her finger into his ribs. "What do you need help with, eh?"

"The chores," said Jim.

"So now we're a chore, are we? Are you're sure your heart's in this vacation?"

"Well, if anyone offers him help, I'm not going to refuse," said Isobel.

Jim laughed. "Neither am I."

"I wonder who's on the boat?"

"There's a guy on the bow dropping the anchor, but I can't see anyone else."

"Maybe he's single handed," said Isobel wistfully. "I could do with a single-hander!"

"You haven't had a single hander for days, Isobel. You've had Jim's hands and my hands."

"Yes, but wouldn't it be lovely if I could have both hands of a single-hander all to myself."

"Maybe if you did I could get my husband back for a while."

"Ouch," said Isobel. "I'm sorry. I thought you were OK with it."

Mary laughed. "Oh, I am really. Sometimes it just takes a bit of getting used to."

She leaned over and kissed Isobel on her sandy cheek.

"Don't worry," said Mary. "I'm OK, but let's go and see if we can find a bit of company. Things have been getting a bit intense for me around here and it's time we found someone else to talk to."

They loaded up the little dinghy and puttered back around the headland towards the new arrival.

"It's such a beautiful boat," said Mary. "Look at all the bright work. I'd hate to have to keep up with the varnishing, though."

When they rounded the stern of the ketch Isobel burst out laughing.

"Oh God! It's called Coq D'Or -- that's exactly what I need. Actually it doesn't even have to be a gold one."

"Ahoy, Coq D'Or!" shouted Jim. "Anyone aboard?"

A tall skinny man, deeply tanned, in a pair of tattered shorts appeared on deck.

"Hi, there! Are you from the other boat?" He jerked his head towards the charter boat.

"That's us! Welcome to Chatham Bay. You've got a beautiful boat. Where did you come from?"

"Thank you. We've come straight down from St. Lucia."

"That's a long way. I'm Jim and this is Mary and this is Isobel. Why don't you come over for a drink this afternoon."

"I'm Jack. We'd love to. What time?

"Oh, early. Around three would be fine."

"We'll bring snacks. Pat will be glad of someone else to talk to beside me."

"Three o'clock then."

"Shit," said Isobel under her breath. "I was hoping he'd be single."

"So was I," muttered Mary.

12