Be Careful Who You Marry

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A couple of weeks after I started working, a tall well dressed black man came into the restaurant. He looked to be maybe in his early forties, with slightly graying hair. After he was seated I went over to take his order. When I got to his table he looked up smiling and let out a deep sigh, then said, "Hello"

I said, "Hello; what can I get you to start off with?"

He looked at me smiling, "Are you able to get me a drink in here, or do I have to go into the bar?"

Smiling I said, "You're talking to the right gal; I can get you anything. What would you like?"

"A Scotch on the rocks would be very nice."

"Coming right up!"

By the time I got back with his scotch, he was ready to order dinner.

I came by a little later to see if he wanted anything else. He smiled saying, "I've been thinking about what you said to me earlier."

"Oh, what was that?"

"You should be a little more careful who you tell you can get them anything." He sat looking straight into my eyes and I could see them sparkle, and I understood the double meaning.

Smiling, I said, "Well almost anything."

"By the way," he said, "my name is Carl. I just thought you might like to know, I think I will be eating here quite regularly. The food is good, the drinks are good, and the service is great."

I felt my face flush then said, "Carl, I'm glad to meet you; I'm Helen. Thank you for being so nice and I do hope you come back often." On his way out, he said, "Good-night and I hope to see you again tomorrow."

I said, "I'll be here." After he left I thought to myself, "Why can't everyone be as nice as he is?" Carl came in every evening after that and I started looking foreword to seeing him. He had such a great sense of humor and was always in a good mood. I think it was on a Tuesday night Carl didn't come in until about a half hour before the restaurant closed and asked me if he was too late to get something to eat.

"Of course not! If the cook won't fix it, I will; at my place if I have to."

"Careful young lady, I may take you up on that someday."

"Well, if you want the worst meal you ever ate, come to my place. Why do you think I work here? It's so I get something fit to eat."

He laughed saying, "You know Helen, for some reason, I think you're not telling me the truth."

I put in his order, then went and got him his scotch on the rocks.

Smiling, he said, "I tried getting here earlier but just couldn't get away. Things were in a mess at the office."

I said, No problem. If I'm still here when you get here, I will make sure you're taken care of."

Smiling, he said, "There you go again. Remember what I told you the first time we met, don't you?"

Trying to think about what I had just said, "Refresh my memory please.", I said, jokingly.

"I warned you about who you told you would take care of."

"Carl you are so naughty." I knew my face had to be bright red. "I think you only say things like this to see my face turn red."

He laughed, "You're a good looking woman, no matter what color your face is."

"I know you're full of it now Carl.", I said laughing.

When my shift ended I came and sat with Carl while he ate. We talked about nothing for awhile then I said, "Carl, it's none of my business, but don't you have someone at home? You're too nice a man to be all alone."

He looked at me now with sadness in his eyes, "There used to be Helen, but she was killed in a car accident about a year and a half ago and I'm still not over that. I wish at times there was someone waiting for me at home, but then I'm not sure I'm ready for that."

"I'm so sorry Carl; I didn't mean to say anything to hurt your feelings."

"It's all right Helen; you had no way of knowing. How about you Helen, there must be someone waiting at home for you?"

"Only my two baby girls now. My husband left me for somebody else right after I had the last baby. He never did say why, but I have a feeling it was because I didn't give him a son."

Carl looked at me. "Are you kidding me Helen? How could a man walk out on a woman like you after having his children? That is unbelievable. I can't even imagine a man doing that. I only wish, with all my heart, I would have had a chance like that with my wife."

He said, "I sometimes wonder about life and why some things happen. I loved my wife so much and she was taken away from me for no reason at all. You loved your husband, and he threw you away for no reason at all. Life is strange for sure." He finished eating and I got up and cleared away his plate. On the way back I grabbed the last piece of pie and took it over to him.

"My treat.", I said.

He laughed, "My goodness Helen, I can't eat all of this!"

Smiling, I sat down with him and pulled out two forks from my apron. "I'll help you." We sat there together, eating that piece of pie while we talked.

After that night, Carl started coming in later so I could visit with him while he ate. I told him I really enjoyed talking with him since I didn't have anyone to go home to other than Sharon, my roommate who was nice, but she needed to get to sleep, not stay up and talk to me. Besides, I liked my time with my girls when I got home. I figured Carl needed me to talk to as much as I needed him. I hated the thought of him going home to nothing but the sad memories of his late wife.

It was about two months after meeting Carl, that he asked me if I would like to go dancing or a movie, just to get out for awhile. I had never dated a black man, but I hadn't really thought about Carl being black either; we had just become close friends, having many things in common.

Without even thinking I said, "I haven't been out in ages, and neither have you; I would love to go."

I could see he was overjoyed, hearing I would go out with him.

He said, "Wonderful! We'll have dinner and after that, sort of play it by ear. If we see a good movie playing, we'll go. If we feel like dancing, we'll dance. How does that sound Helen?"

"Sounds great to me! I'm up for about anything." I saw him smile, and I knew he was about to say something about what I had just said.

Smiling, I said, "I know what I just said Carl, and who I said it to." He burst out laughing at our private little joke.

We had just finished our pie when Charley came in from the bar to get his last cup of coffee of the night before the restaurant closed, and the dancers started. Charley was around forty years old and around six feet tall, two hundred and twenty five pounds, a full head of graying hair and even at forty years old had very little fat. He had a huge barrel chest and massive arms.

He was one of the night bartenders, and doubled as the bouncer. He had been doing this for several years and most everybody knew how far, and how much hell they could raise in the bar, so Charley didn't have too much trouble, even after the dancers started. It seemed everyone knew; you didn't give any of the dancers a hard time or you got to deal with Charley.

Charley said hello to Carl as he came in. After he had gotten his coffee, he stopped at the table and asked Carl if I had treated him right, if not, he would fire me on the spot.

Carl laughed saying, "No please don't do that! I would have to find a new place to eat!"

Charley laughed, "Well, as long as you're happy, I'll have to keep her on.

I said happily, "Guess what Charley?"

"Hell girl, when it come to you, I have no idea."

"Carl's taking me out to dinner and a movie, or dancing, whichever I want or both."

I could have sworn I saw a look of shock on Charley's face, which he quickly recovered from, saying, "Well Carl, you're a lucky guy. I've been trying to take her out since I hired her, but she won't have a thing to do with me. Too damn old I guess."

"Charley Morrison, you have never asked me out and you know it! You're such a powder puff; you're scared to death to even ask me to go out with you."

Charley laughed, "That ain't no damn lie!", then he went back into the bar.

Saturday night came and Carl came by my apartment and picked me up. He insisted I pick the place to have dinner so I suggested Wendy's. Without saying a word he drove to the Marriott where we had a wonderful dinner. After dinner he asked if there was anyplace special I would like to go.

After checking out the movies, we settled on dancing instead. He said there was a place called the Canyon Inn I might like; they play some rock but mostly Western, so he had been told. I said if that sounded good to him it was fine with me as long we had a good time, that's all that mattered.

The place was almost filled up by the time we got there, but we did mange to find a table in a somewhat secluded area, but it was close to the rest rooms; a plus for me.

We sat and talked and had a couple of drinks then decided to try dancing. I told him to be careful; it had been a long time since I had danced, and I might end up hurting him.

He laughed saying he didn't think it would be that bad. We started off with a couple of fairly fast ones, then went to a couple of slow ones. By the end of the first one, I had made myself comfortable against Carl. It felt good to be held by a man again. By the end of the second slow dance, I had my head on his chest and he was holding me close to him. I loved how it felt to have my breasts pressed tightly against his chest. I could feel his manhood against me and it felt as if he was enjoying our night out as much as I was.

We left around 1 AM and he took me home. I invited him in for coffee, but he said he thought he would pass as he had to get up early and go to the office and do a few things. But, he might stop by after he had finished and take me up on it then, or take me out to lunch.

I said that sounded great. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, then looking into his eyes I put my fingers on his cheek and kissed his lips; a nice soft goodnight kiss. I said, "Thank you Carl, for a really nice night out, which I think we both needed."

Taking my hand he said, "Helen, I had a wonderful time. And I have to agree; we both needed a night out."

I smiled, squeezed his hand and got out of the car. I stood watching him drive away then went inside to check on my babies.

That night, before falling asleep, I lay there wondering what making love with Carl might be like. I had heard stories about black men, but had no idea if they were true or not. I went to sleep wondering about a lot of things.

Friday, when Carl came in for his dinner, he asked me if we were on for another Saturday night out on the town.

Laughing, I said, "I'm up for it, if you are."

He laughed and said, "Okay then; I'll pick you up same time, same place."

"I'll be ready and waiting with bells on."

Dinner was great. Carl took me to a place called the Market Place, and the food was absolutely scrumptious. I found myself enjoying being with Carl a lot. He's always such a gentleman; a real pleasure to be around. We ended up going back to the Canyon Inn for dancing, since we had both enjoyed ourselves so much.

It was around midnight; we had just finished dancing a couple of slow dances and as Carl held me very close, I started to feel myself becoming quite wet rubbing against him. It had been so long since I had been with a man; I couldn't help what was happening. I laid my head on his chest. I relaxed, danced, and let Carl have control of my body; he felt wonderful against me.

When it was over I excused myself and went to the ladies room. There were two women already waiting to get in, so I took my place in line. When I heard someone behind me say, "Whore!" I wheeled around without even looking. "Don't whore me, I'm not your girl friend!" That's when I saw Corey standing there glaring at me, looking like he was going to slap me. I drew back and he went into the men's room.

The two women said, "What the hell was that all about?"

I said, "He's my ex-husband and a wife beater."

I was alone when he came out of the men's room. As he walked by he said, "Nigger lover!"

I said, "Well Corey, he's a helluva lot more of a man than the one I was married to." He stopped. I thought he was going to turn around, but he kept walking and didn't say anything more back to me.

When I got back to our table, Carl could tell I was upset and asked me what the problem was. I said, "It's not important."

"Well it must be. It's upsetting you, and that's important to me."

"Its probably best if we leave; it's getting late. It was quiet in the car as we started back to my apartment. When he reached over and put his arm around me, I moved over to be close to him.

I leaned my head against him saying, "I'm so glad I met you and we became friends. I feel so good when I'm with you."

He pulled the car up close to the curb in front of the apartment. His arm tightened around me, so I moved so I could kiss him' It started slow but grew into a kiss of passion. I felt my breasts pressing against him; my nipples were hard and sensitive.

He slowly let his arm relax and said, "Will I see you tomorrow Helen?"

"Oh, NO!!! Not this time Carl! You're not leaving me in this shape again tonight. If you do, you won't see me tomorrow. You're coming in and staying with me; you can get up early and get to your office. I'll close the door to the other bedroom."

It was the most wonderful night of my life. I had never felt anything as wonderful as Carl made me feel. When I started to undress him, he finally decided he wanted me as much as I wanted him. As we undressed each other, he kissed and nibbled my breasts until I couldn't take it any more. I pulled his shorts down and I guess I was a little surprised at what I saw was waiting for me. It wasn't the huge awesome size you hear so much about, but definitely larger than what I had ever had before.

When I told him how long it had been since I had been with anyone, he said he would not hurt me. By the time he finished with the foreplay, I was a wanton slut, writhing on the bed, begging him to take me. He started rubbing the head of his cock along my wet slit, pushing as he did, until it spread my outer lips and slipped into my pussy. I gasped, "OH MY Gawd Carl! Do it; please do it now!"

He pushed deeper into me; he pulled back; then went in deeper with each thrust, until he was completely inside me. We began kissing soft, loving kisses, which soon grew into hot passionate kisses. We broke slowly from our kisses. I said, "Do it Carl. Do it. I need it bad!"

He didn't last long the first time and neither did I. I had my first orgasm after he had thrust in and out of me only a few times. He tried pulling out of me, but I was gripping him so tight in my orgasm, that by the time he got it out, it was too late. He said he was sorry; that he hadn't meant to cum in me. I assured him it was okay; no harm was done. I had protected myself. I wasn't about to have any more babies. It didn't take long and we were both ready for more of the same. This time we both lasted longer. He felt so good in me each time, I hated for it to end; yet loved feeling the ending.

After the third time we both must have fallen sound asleep; the sun was shining when I woke up. I got up and went out into the kitchen to make coffee. Sharon was sitting there with the babies. "I'm sorry Sharon I don't mean for you to look after them all the time."

Smiling she said, "It sounded like you were busy entertaining most of the night, so thought I would help you out. I know how it is to be alone without a man in your life for a long period of time.

"I wish I could meet someone who I cared about. It's been quite awhile since my husband passed away, and it seems there are just so many kooks out there; it scares me to even go out.

"Sharon, from now on when I go out, you go with me. Ill find a sitter for a few hours. It's not fair of me to ask you to stay with the babies all of the time.

"I had no idea you had lost your husband. I didn't ask because I didn't want to pry." Putting my hand on hers, I said, "You will find someone to share your life with again Sharon; you will. I was beginning to think the same thing. Now that I'm dating again, I feel good and look forward to the weekend."

"He must be quite a guy; seems he has swept you off your feet."

"Well I won't go that far, but yes, he is very nice, and I want you to meet him. I'll go tell him it's safe to come out of hiding." We both giggled as I went back to my bedroom.

Carl had gotten his clothes on and was about to come out when I went in and said, "Sharon, my roommate would like to meet you."

He looked at me asking, "Are you sure your ready for this?"

Smiling, I said, "After last night, I think I'm ready for anything."

I opened the door and we went into the kitchen. "Sharon this is Carl; Carl this is Sharon."

They looked at each other and I could see a surprised look on Sharon's face but she quickly recovered and held out her hand saying, "I'm glad to meet you Carl."

He took her hand in his smiled, saying, "The pleasure is all mine, I'm sure."

I saw Sharon blushing as she said that the coffee was ready. I couldn't help but notice Carl was still holding her hand. I stood watching the chemistry flowing between them.

I said, "Let me get the coffee poured; you two get acquainted and I'll fix us some breakfast." Watching them from the kitchen, it seemed like they had known each other for some time. They were talking and laughing like long lost friends. I couldn't help that I felt a pang of jealousy as I listened to them. I felt as though I had just found someone and I had lost him already; to one of my best friends. If it happened, so be it, as long as both of them were happy. It was meant to be.

Carl and I went out the next weekend and he stayed over with me again. Only this time, I had hired a sitter, and she left when we got to the apartment. Sharon had said she was going to visit an old friend, and would be back sometime Sunday. The next week on Tuesday, Carl said he was going to be out of town for the weekend, and would be unable to take me out. I said not to worry I would be okay.

I was talking to Charley after my shift ended Thursday evening, and he asked me how Carl and I were doing. I said okay, that he was going to be gone for the weekend. He said half jokingly, "Well now that your steady is out of town, maybe you and I ought to go out and do the town."

"In the first place Charley Morrison, he's not my steady. I go out with him because no one else decent ever asks me out.", then added, "Charley, are you asking me out?"

"Well ya, I guess in a way I am."

"Well damn it Charley, speak up and say so. I'd be happy to go out with you. All you ever would have had to do was ask."

"I guess I never asked because I couldn't figure why any woman like you would want to go out with me. I guess I was afraid you would turn me down."

"Well look at all the fun you missed out on by not asking! We'll just have to try and make it up." I went out with Charley that weekend and we had barrels of fun; a lot more than I ever imagined we would have. Charley was a totally different guy when we were out than he was at work.

Carl came in for dinner every night that next week. Then on Thursday, he said would be gone for the weekend again. This was the third weekend in a row he had been gone. I was feeling like I had been dumped by Carl. I was feeling pretty horny. After all, I was getting used to having sex every weekend with Carl.

After Carl left, I went in to say goodnight to Charley.

He said, "You and Carl going out this weekend?"

"Nope, I'm footloose and fancy free, unless you want to tackle going out with me again."

Smiling, "Hell yes; if you're crazy enough to go with me again after you already know what your getting into!"

"Oh, I think I can handle it.", I said, laughing.