All Comments on 'Be Mine'

by GirlintheMoon

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 10 years ago
Another one...

Another great story. I enjoyed reading this one as well. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Nice

I love the realism that you convey through the characters. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Well written but unrealistic. Almost sappy. But pleasant. Took up time during lunch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Pink or Purple hair

Penelope dyed her hair PINK since I last saw her a week earlier and yet she was wearing a very plain, conservative dress.

There was something in her expression that told me she knew exactly what I thought of it.

"The guy there is gorgeous," I admitted. "The shop is nice, too."

She poured me a cup of coffee. "I thought you might appreciate it."

"Hmm, I bet the sexy guy in there had nothing to do with it."

Penelope grinned. "His name is Anthony."

Anthony. My heart fluttered. Then I thought I was no better than a sixteen year old girl with a crush on a guy who'd never notice her and shifted my thoughts in another direction.

"So I have something to tell you."

She motioned for me to go on.

"I subscribed for online dating."

She clapped her hands together. "Good for you! Any matches yet?"

"This preppy guy messaged me. Wants to go for drinks."

Penelope flicked her PURPLE hair.

In the space of one conversation Penelope's hair changed color, clearly you didn't edit or proof read. It was sappy, unrealistic and just plain boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hilarious! in a good way

I groaned because this was about to lead to what I didn't want to talk about, but I figured I couldn't resist every topic. "I studied writing. I used to want to write, anyway."

Funny in oh so many ways.

Likey

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Has this been posted before?

I swear I've read this before...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
agree with previous anon

This was not my first time reading this story. This has definitely been posted before.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonabout 10 years agoAuthor
Repost

Yes, I forgot to mention this is an edited repost.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesabout 10 years ago
I'm always amazed

At people who complain about a story but kept reading. It's in the romance section, for Pete's sake. Of course it's sappy. You created real characters (though I was confused about why Anthony would want her to get rid of all her crystals) and a sweet story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
:)

I loved it! Wonderful! I love happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
This wonderful story

answers the question: Can a NICE story still be a winner? The answer, YES! More than a winner. Harper is a beautiful creation, a real young lady...lovely in her thoughts. GirlintheMoon has written a tale of amazing vitality, every sentence true and refreshing.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 10 years ago
Very good

Your dialog is wonderful, so natural. I thought you captured Harper's insecurity quite well. You also got relationships pretty right, you have to accept that you won't get it all, and accept that you both will change, an must consciously change together.

Great!.

chytownchytownabout 10 years ago
Great Read*****

Thanks for sharing. Very entertaining.

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
Luck may bring an opening. It's hard work that makes success.

And it perfectly fits with relationships, too.

I see that you're sticking with realism, even in a Romance. And that's so very Virgo like. :-)

I obviously enjoyed this, as usual. A perfect modern Romance. Sunshine & Rain.

This was the perfect opening they both needed. I'm sure it's for the long haul. After all, didn't he throw away the crystals & didn't she allow the neon sign ? :-)

Understanding & adjustment.

The journey has begun, straight into the sunset.

5 Ruby Crystals, for a change.

Happy Loving..... & Writing .:-)

near1111near1111over 8 years ago
nice

this cute Story is for sure written by a cute Girl. why? because half of the Story Plays inside her brain.:) she has so much doubts and second thoughts. 5 stars for this sweet Story with a happy ending.,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ Whenever...

I am allowed the company of a cute and clever girl, being a tad shy a liitle boy smile monopolizes my lips.

That smile never left once I began reading this quietly quirky story.

Sad to write, I have now completed your ''library'' of submissions.

Even sadder, I only found them on Saturday-tis Wednesday

evening now.

A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD has surpassed Dream Cloud's ''The Festival'' as the most re-read. Additionally, I studied and examined and contemplated RUSH...more than any other literary work in my lifetime.

You are a genuine genius and more importanly to me geniusly genuine.

Wishing you well in life and in your literary career

√&√

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good again

Isn't it funny that some of the sexiest stories gain their poignancy by also being funny. Funny how that happens in real life--if you're lucky.

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 6 years ago
Sweet

I love a happy ending! (I met my wife on Valentine's Day.)

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990over 6 years ago
Loved it

Great story plus you had me laughing out loud with your humour mixed in there.

Some of the phrases were riotous 😂

This is the first story I’ve read of yours. I plan to read more of them.

Thank you for your love tale

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
THOSE THAT CANT DO

and they do and tickle their fancies, TK U MLJ LV NV

green117green117over 5 years ago
Love in NYC

I know nothing about - but visiting with friends over the years I get the floating in dreamtime feel of trying to have a heart there.

I do know the poem - and I went down to get my copy of "The Ink Dark Moon" and was going to spend the time to find the poem, and found that someone I lent the book to had left a sheet of lower back exercises (!... and they in their 80's) at exactly that place... page 43, if you care, and facing Why Haven't I/thought of it before?/This body,/remembering yours,/is the keepsake you left.

A gift from a crazy, ex girlfriend... she was a poet (of course) and a printer, and showed me the virtue of poems pressed into paper and filled with ink, as verses words slid onto paper like sleight of hand...

We, of course, didn't make it, but I did get to take her to May Ball, which isn't in May...

The back story of the author(s) is sad... and the translation (Jane Hirschfield) is more of a rewriting than a translation (necessary when the source is so far from English), and the poems themselves are arranged in a bit of a journey, a bit of the travel of the seasons of things... if memory serves.

Strongly recommended

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fucking great

You are a goddamn romance artist!

James7594James7594about 5 years ago
Continuity errors in a brilliant masterpiece!

"... got on my laptop... " But the laptop was 'hopelessly broken' ! I know it is a minor comment but it still bothers me!

The main story though flowed very smoothly and I loved the way it worked out! The characters were well fleshed out and the pace was good.

But the ending was very rushed and incoherent! It looked forced and in many ways spoiled a well developing attachment to the story! I hope you work on it and ensure that the endings are a bit more fleshed out or at the very least, written at a good pace!

J. Jamie Dupane

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

It WASN’T Barry Monotone!!!

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
Great love story

Got a little clumsy at the scene where he's asking if he's in the friend zone. I would have expected him to kiss her passionately while they were drinking and then she's speechless and he runs away and she has to run after him or goes to see him the next day.

KingCuddleKingCuddle12 months ago

Kinda Vanilla...but okay.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGirlintheMoon@GirlintheMoon
I write filthy stories and drink too much coffee. *** Come find me on twitter: girlinthemoon7 ***