Because of the Night Ch. 05

Story Info
Sir Glen and Laurie's bonding cermony.
1.5k words
4.62
11.3k
00

Part 5 of the 18 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 09/03/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A comforting glow of coals in the small fire pit that captured the attention of all who had been invited helped to light the dungeons. Steeped in heavy shadows, the gathering was unusually silent, waiting for the ceremony that was about to begin. Three deep bells rang through the halls echoed.

As their rings disappeared from the halls, Leif spoke up from the hallway his voice resonating into the main room. "A life commitment, cultivated over time is not nearly as marked with achievements over adversity and enjoyment of the good times as that of Sir Glen and his Laurie. Our gathering here tonight is symbolic of all the people they have met in their lifetime to make them the companions they are today. May all their days know that the journey is always the beginning of another. To the Journey." Leif ended with the Order's sacred words, echoed by the guests in the room.

The coals flickered high as an alabaster pedestal arose from the center, with a gold chain in the center of the pedestal. Sir Glen carefully reached over and took the chain as it rose from above the flames; warm from it's nest and presented it to Laurie who was waiting under a blue light only her form was discernable.

A thunderous clap arose as Sir Glen placed his pendant around Laurie's neck, removing the gold chain that held her name. Brazenly, he took advantage of the moment and kissed the nape of her neck, gathering chuckles throughout the halls.

"And now my honored guests, we celebrate!" With a clap, the lights in the came to a reasonable level and servants all came out bringing the guests an assortment of hors d'oeuvres and drinks.

"I see Mr. Leif is still here." Said Mr. Conner casually to Sir Glen as he took a glass of champagne.

"Mr. Leif is welcome here for as long as he need or wants." Sir Glen said pointedly to nip the conversation line in the bud.

"He's the companion of your only free companion left. I'm surprised you let him that close. I'd not let him that close to one so...vulnerable." Mr. Conner took a sip looking at Sir Glen surreptitiously.

"Mr. Leif is the closest friend I have, and I trust him implicitly, as does Taylor, which is the only approval I need to allow them to continue to be companions." There was no mistaking that Sir Glen wanted to end this line of conversation.

"Congratulations Sir Glen, you're Laurie and yourself have made a wonderful choice. And if I might say Sir Glen, there are no companions that I know of that match Mr. Leif and your Taylor, with exception of only of yourself and Laurie." Said Lady Daire as she joined the two men, her new companion hovering near by.

"Thank you Lady Daire. Are you enjoying yourself?" Sir Glen ignored Mr. Conner's attempt to recycle the conversation. Mr. Conner, sensing he had been aptly replaced, faded away.

"Quite so Sir Glen, your gatherings are always so marvelously planned. I look forward to them as always."

"Ah, there's more to come, if you wish to be in the voyeur's room later. Laurie has agreed to one final public display." He announced it with a wicked grin.

"You're a lucky man Sir Glen, so willing to share such a gift. I look forward to it of course Sir Glen. It's time I take up watching your techniques. You've done remarkable things with every one of my companions who have come to you."

As she spoke, Sir Glen nodded and smiled watching with concern as some members of the Order converged on Mr. Leif. It was the first time there had been any gathering of his Order since Mr. Leif's return. Leif escorted the group from the entrance to another part of the dungeons, Taylor followed, but not before glancing apprehensively Sir Glen's way. Glen only raised an eyebrow and thanked Lady Daire for her vote of confidence.

It was then Laurie returned to his side, drawing a welcoming smile from Sir Glen.

"The guests have already begun to occupy the private rooms."

"Patience Laurie." He said with a quiet chuckle as he took her hand. "We have plenty of time to get started. Where did Mr. Leif and Taylor head off too?"

"They're not here?" she looked surprised.

"I saw Mr. Leif leaving with a few of the Order." He nodded in response to the congratulatory comment given to him by a guest.

"I'll see what I can find out." Laurie turned to leave when Sir Glen took her arm.

"No, stay here." Sir Glen waved to Sir Marcus, beckoning him to come join him and Laurie.

"Congratulations Sir Glen. Your Laurie will do you wonders." Though both men exchanged hearty handshakes and greetings, Sir Marcus was definitely interested in why Sir Glen would call him over.

Sir Glen leaned in quietly whispering to him. "Something has been brought to my attention Sir Marcus, would you please keep an eye on Laurie and for the rest of the Order. I believe they are up to something."

Sir Marcus nodded with concern. "Certainly."

"If you'll excuse me, there is something that requires my immediate attention." He kissed Laurie on her forehead, exchanging looks of promise and immediately, Sir Glen faded away into the shadows, politely thanking all those who wished he and Laurie well. In the empty hall, hurrying down past small groups that were beginning to escalate their public sceneing. Glancing from side to side, checking the room occupants scheduled for the room and noting very carefully as he stepped through the hall where companions were on their knees providing service to the guests. As he briskly covered the halls, assured through some voyeur blocks in the hall that the people in the room were only those who requested the room, Sir Glen's cloak and robes billowed about him. Sir Glen stopped at the last room in the hall, only to find it locked.

Sir Glen was slightly perturbed and looked to the sign on the side of the door. It wasn't slated for use, and all the doors in the dungeon were unlocked as a rule. He reached for his keys, filtering the ring looking for the master key for the dungeons.

-How fitting that I find the only dungeon room without a voyeur block? - He berated himself silently vowing also to have one installed in this last room even if it meant re-building the entire dungeon.

Also knowing that if there were occupants in this part of the dungeon, they might very well be other guests, Sir Glen opened the door quietly, finding as he suspected, the Order, Leif and Taylor.

Whatever had been going on in the room came to a screeching halt as Sir Glen filled the doorway. Silently, those in the room filed out leaving Taylor and Leif in the room. None of the occupants that were in the room lifted their heads as they passed Sir Glen.

"Are you and Taylor all right?" Sir Glen asked entering the room.

"Nothing a little time won't heal." Leif turned his head away as Taylor helped to steady him, his left arm wrapped around holding his side. Sir Glen grabbed Leif's chin turning to meet his eyes, seeing the rising bruise above his eyebrow.

"Is that the worse of it Taylor?"

"Yes." The answer came out of Leif.

"I didn't ask you boy. Answer Taylor." Leif cringed at the reference to his former position. Sir Glen resisted the urge to reprimand Leif further.

"He was hit a few times, I don't know if he's bruised else where." Her voice shook.

"Take him up the servant's stair case to his room. Lock the door and let no one in. Laurie and I will be in later. If you need anything, ring for a novice to get what you need." Sir Glen turned and left the room, pausing at the door waiting for them to exit. When they left, Sir Glen locked the door and returned to the dungeon entrance and to Laurie.

"I'll explain later Laurie. Thank you Sir Marcus."

"My pleasure Sir Glen, it's been quite a while since I've had the company of such a wonderful companion. I envy you greatly. I may just have to look into seeing what I can do to convince one of your novices to come to my compound."

Sir Glen smirked. "Well, envy is always a good thing, as long as it is friendly and between good friends." The shook hands in good humor.

"Now Laurie, I believe you need to go prepare the chambers we're going to use. I'll be in there very shortly." Sir Glen murmured softly and then sent her on her way, but not before she shot him a very sly look.

Sir Marcus leaned over Sir Glen's shoulder and whispered, "It's a good thing envy has phases, because I now envy what waits for you."

"Ah Marcus, I only would envy that for a moment, because she has no idea what waits for her."

Chuckles arose, but in the back of Sir Glen's mind was the image of Leif beaten with Taylor helping him out of the dungeons skulking away as if they were both still novices, and not the companion pair they were becoming.

Sir Glen took a deep breath and smiled as yet another congratulations came his way.

"Nervous Sir Glen?" asked Sir Marcus.

"I'd lie if I said 'yes' but if I said 'no' I'd not be her Companion."