All Comments on 'Beltane Fire'

by FaeryFire

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
wrong season

beltane is may 1st, the pagan holiday in october is samhain, other then that a prety good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Re: Wrong season

As the author stated in the story, the characters are Australian. In Australia the wheel of the year needs to be turned by six months so that the seasons match up, it wouldn't make much sense if Aussie Pagans were celebrating fertility at the end of autumn would it?

Dreams of DesireDreams of Desirealmost 18 years ago
well i enjoyed it...

I'm sure some peeps leave comments to criticise someone's work without actually reading a word! It was a bit short (for my taste) but, as Mozart once told the Emperor Leopold; 'there are all the notes (words) that are required... no more or less.'

Blessed be:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Ignorant git...

..in the previuous comment, it wasn't Mozart, it was the character Mozart in the Peter Shaffer play/film Amadeus.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
re: wrong season.

I agree to the point of the Wheel of the Year being 6 months different in the Southern Hemisphere. That would put Beltane near Nov. 1st. I don't recall ever having heard anything close to this circle casting

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
No, Season is correct

As a practicing witch I have to inform you that since they are Australian(sp) That does in fact mean that they were celebrating the right time of year.However since the story was put out in May then that leads me to believe the author wanted us Northerners to enjoy our Spring Rite as well.Blessed Be those that bless us.

HedgeWitchHedgeWitchabout 16 years ago
Merry Meet

I loved the story and the circle casting is always done by what is taught. Lovely to think that overcoming prejudice is as easy as giving in to love, I wish the rest of the world could take a note from this. I have heard the circle called before, it's old gaelic as was my gran that taught me. Keep writing, LOT'S! Can't wait to hear from you again.

Blessed be and Merry Part Faery

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous