All Comments on 'Best Laid Plans'

by dangerouslydead

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments (Page 2)
EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 13 years ago
Clever

It's just a clever vignette folks. Don't look for Poirot to figure it out. Just enjoy the little smile at the end.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Nice Flash Story

It would be interesting to know if he really deserved such a lack of love and compassion on the part of the two kids and his wife. Especially the idea that he would do something untoward, but then maybe he did??

Very enjoyable! Thanks!

terrydavidterrydavidover 13 years ago
Enjoyed it.

Nice twist - well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Entertaining

Love it when someone intends to drop a bomb and they step on a landmine on the way.<P>Beautiful

C_frommnC_frommnover 13 years ago
I Love It

Right to the Chase. I love the way Husband and Father got everyones Attention.

and made them Realise what Sorry Asses they were.

Another Chapter of how The Worm Turns would be Beneficial.

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Great Story, but a little too Short

Needs more attention to detail, can be remedied with another chapter. Or is this supposed to be one of those "Flash Story" pieces of crap. Please! Give up on this "Flash" story bullshit, it just makes you look like you were too lazy, or lacked the creativity to write a complete story.

teh568teh568over 13 years ago
Needs A Second Chapter

This is a good and very funny (in a way) story. You have to tell us about the divorce from his wife and hopefully the permanent separation of the two ingrates that call them selves his children...what slime.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The Kids

A short, quick and to the point story. She expressed her formerly secret feelings of dislike for him, her desire to be with another and she was finished - right now.

Why invlove the kids, that was overkill for this story! You could have then spent some time talking, a little, about how she had treated him, his knowledge of her plans and his preparation to surprise her and - here's an idea...after she gets off the phone with lover, she answers the door and is served her divorce papers (adultery) and a sheriiff presents her with a restraining order from the premise and hubby along with immediate eviction notice. Gosh, a truck, two men and a woman are also there with boxes to help her move within the hour.

Maybe, you could do a chapter 2 or

Epilogue?

deadonedeadoneover 13 years ago
liked it

Short quick and a nice twist.

Keep it up.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 13 years ago
English sense of humour

Normally, I am not an Anglophile about humour, but every once in a while a story comes along that properly tickles some fancy spot on my funny bone. This Best Laid Plan in some way reminds me of a story here about six month ago or thereabouts. It was called something on the order of Everyman Needs a Shed as in a place where he can escape from his wife. The laughs in this story are subtle and charming, I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
idiot

wow, an idiot writer that lives in fantasy land and listen to the idiots that hate everybody lauding his silly story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What???

oh for fuck's sake what fucking crap.

chytownchytownover 13 years ago
Great Story!!!!!!!

Great read!!! "Thank You"

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
DD is one wicked dude!

Short and sweet is the name of his game!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Is this a repost?....

....with some retwisting???

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Clever twist

It's so easy to turn slimy people against each other. All you have to do is create some conflict and they will blame each other. His wife and kids all deserve each other's poor company. Although I think it would be pretty easy to backtrack to the legal office and prove that the papers she presented were fakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
hoorah!

glad he wasnt a pussy

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I loved it

So nice to finally see a smart and clever man in these stories.

More like this please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
just mean

- Loving Wives and mean are incompatible

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

This was certainly original. So the husband already knew everything, and was very resolute in severing all ties with his family. He'll probably miss them after all's said and done, but they kinda deserved it. They're way too mercenary, ugh.

JusttooldJusttooldover 13 years ago
great

This characters way of handling this situation might be illeagel, But having said that this story line has been done to death by others and it was refreshing to see the different way this character handled it. Loved it, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Pretty good

its more of a flash, but it works.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Short but sweet.

Nice one DD. Keep the stories coming.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdangerouslydead@dangerouslydead
I write as a part of my anger therapy. It is a stressful world we live in and we can find outlets in different ways. This is mine.