Betrayed Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jesus," he whispered hoarsely. "I think I've died and gone to Heaven. I have someother,more personal business to wrap up there next weekend. I thoughtthat was gonna be the highlight of my week, month, and year. Now, with you and your friend there...."

His voice trailed off. He stopped and spun me around.

"Wewillget together then, right?"

At that instant, I looked over his shoulder and spotted Susan coming up behind him at full steam. I couldn't resist. I leaned up and kissed him softly on the cheek.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," I purred.

Susan slipped her arm into his as smoothly as silk. Her smile was bright, but her eyes were cold as ice.

"Thank you for keepingmy boyfriend company while I was busy," she intoned with veiled menace.

I glanced up at his blushing face with a twinkle in my eyes.

"My pleasure," I smirked, turning to walk away. My hips and tush undulated as though on rails.

"Willwe be seeing you later, Miss...?" she called out behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and winked.

"Lisa," I giggled. "Lisa Layne. I'mcertainyou will."

She was glaring at Jeff with a look that could only mean one thing:Wait 'til I get you home.

Angie looked quizzically at the smirk on my lips. Then she glanced over my shoulder and spotted Susan and Jeff. I thoughtshewas going to have a coronary. She raced to my side, grabbed my arm and led me hurriedly away, leaning her head close to mine.

"Are you out of yourfucking mind?" she murmured. "What on earth did you think you were doing?"

I shrugged my shoulders a little and smiled contentedly.

"Damage assessment," I chirped. "Either they were very good actors or didn't have a clue who I was."

Angie's face was right in mine. She was about to give me another piece of her mind when she stopped – and sniffed my breath. I guess the champagne didn't completely mask the odor. She rolled her eyeballs and shook her head with resignation.

"Now Iknow you have a death wish," she moaned, then looked up at me with a rueful smile on her lips. "Time for some more mouthwash-thingies. What am I gonna do with you?"

"Anything you wish, Lover," I whispered in her ear, "but we should probably wait until later - after this little shindig is over. You know how people like to talk. By the way, let's not forget who started me down the road of living dangerously."

Susan did see me later that evening. I caught her out of the corner of my eye, glaring at me from across the room. When a member of the group I was in shifted to one side and Susan saw I was on Rob's arm, I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her skull. She resumed conversation with various members of her group, glancing in my direction. A couple of the men smiled and said something or other that made her flush scarlet. My best guess was, Angie and I had just been outed for our suspected careers 'going down in The Valley'. Shortly after, Susan was dragging Jeff by the arm towards the door.

Later that night, Angie and I 'starred' in our own production for two very appreciative admirers, back in Rob's condo. The sex had only been better when I was sharing it with Dianna alone. Then again, it was my attitude that had changed in a major way. I was no longer hunkered down in a siege mentality. I had made a major breakthrough in understanding the time and place Jeff would make his move against me. I wasn't close to knowing everything, but it was falling into place at last. In fact, I could actually see where I might have the upper hand for the first time. Angie's reaction to my chance meeting with Jeff and Susan had been a major piece to the puzzle as well. On the one hand, I was feeling more confident abouther. On the other hand....

Forget Sam Spade. Think Sherlock Holmes:

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

I didn't like the thought ofthat at all.

12