Black and White Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Frigeria paused before continuing, "Then something unexpected happened 800 years ago. Black and White fell in love."

Aiden's eye brows shot up as his ears perked up as well. What was this angel talking about?

Frigeria held out a hand as a silver globe, the size of a football materialized, levitating above her palm. Aiden squinted his eyes and stepped closer as he made out moving shapes in the sphere.

What he saw left him astounded. He saw Will in a tight embrace with Scott; the two were kissing passionately. But Scott looked almost celestial, with a golden sheen about him and what appeared to be white wings extending from his back. Will looked different with a silver glint across his entire body and massive silver grey wings with black streaks across the edges. Were these forms actually Scott and Will? Watching the scene, Aiden felt excited and repulsed at the same time.

He watched wide eyed as the two broke the kiss and Will gently ran the back of his hand across Scott's jaw.

"But outsiders it seemed, had more than just objections to this forbidden affair. It was love that was doomed from the very beginning."

The two figures in the silver globes vanished as an extremely cute girl with chubby cheeks, long curly golden hair and sparkling blue eyes sitting on an oversized throne appeared in it.

"Empress Woe, from whose elements Black was constituted, did more than just stop the affair. She obliterated Black."

"Obliterated?"

"Yes, she completely disintegrated him and wiped out his existence. She was capable of doing that since Black, her guardian was her own essence." The angel's voice still reverberated across but Aiden had gotten used to it by now.

Aiden squirmed as he watched Will recoiling from pain, screaming his guts out as Scott held onto him. Then slowly Will's form burst into flames and exploded, leaving no trace other than soot and dust particles that clung onto Scott giving the beautiful form a funereal appearance. Scott sobbed uncontrollably, and screamed out his lover's name. Aiden was left astounded, was this really Will?

This was too realistic to be a dream.

"White went into a period of severe mourning after that. He mourned for more than a decade, screaming and crying in emotional pain. Even Hazelhoem could do nothing to comfort him."

"A decade?" Aiden asked bewildered as he watched Scott's figure crouched in the corner of a white marbled room, his body shuddering as he wept, his face hidden amidst his knees.

"Yes a decade. We are Perpetuals that live forever. The pain that White felt would not subside and as much as he desired, he could not end his existence. It was a curse that he had to live with, forever."

Aiden watched the crying form as his heart wept out for Scott; the magnificent wings he had seen earlier had decayed into wispy tufts of molting feathers. Visions of Scott with blank expression and those of extreme sadness flashed by in the globe.

"But even Perpetuals sometimes feel they have lived too long. The King of Light, Hazelhoem had aged himself against the Perpetuals intrinsic forces and wished to wipe out his own existence. His powers were waning and he could no longer fight Empress Woe of the Kingdom of Void."

"Hazelhoem wanted nobody other than White to succeed his throne; but he was painfully aware of the state the guardian was in and having waited far too many years for White to get over his emotional scars he could wait no more."

Aiden watched as a wizened yet imposing old man with a long flowing white beard walked towards an emaciated Scott and gently lay a hand upon him.

"Hazelhoem, who could no longer bear to see the broken form of White, then used the remainder of his fading powers and blood sealed White's memories. Encapsulating memories of him ever having fallen in love, of him ever having had a lover who he held dearer than his own existence, within his mind, locked away by the strongest powers of the ruler himself, before he gave up his own existence and safeguarded White from his own memories, leaving him to be the ruler; the Keeper of the Light."

"But then how is Will still alive?"

Frigeria paused to glance at the inquisitive boy, but continued anyway, "White then became the ruler of the Kingdom of Light, and the enemy of Empress Woe who was left without a Guardian herself. The two were enemies that fought many harsh battles as well as many cold wars between themselves. "

"About 5 centuries after this incident Empress Woe started to reconstitute Black. Black with his former memories locked away in the chasms of his inner mind, a black that would serve as her Guardian and nothing else. It took her over 60 years to finish reconstituting him."

Aiden let out a low whistle listening to this being's tale. Could all this possibly be true?

"So where do I fit into all of this?" he asked impatiently.

"Legend has it hat someday the Alchemist would appear on the material plane. This entity would seem human by all other standards and legend says that this Alchemist would put an end to the war between the Kingdoms of Light and Dark. The Alchemist would possess power beyond the Perpetuals"

Aiden waited impatiently for Frigeria to continue though he feared he now knew the answer to his question. It seemed this angel had a knack for going all the way round whenever he asked her a direct question but the truth was that Frigeria herself was short on time and she had to explain everything to the boy as best as she could and as swiftly as she could.

"That Alchemist is you."

The two of them fell silent as Aiden absorbed this piece of news.

"Me?"

"Yes you. Aiden Writer, I bow to thee the Alchemist." Frigeria slowly got down on one knee as she bowed her head down, her wings ruffling as she did so. Aiden at once felt awkward. How the hell was he the Alchemist, and why was this angel bowing before him?

"But I don't have any... err... powers or anything. How can I be the Alchemist?"

"You are the Alchemist that had appeared on the material plane after eons of waiting and you are the one that will put an end to this endless battle."

"But what can I possibly..."

"It is you who will have to awaken." The angel bellowed rising sharply and suddenly, a striking change in behavior from a few seconds ago. Her clarion voice echoed as the many clang of bells everywhere. "It is you who must realize that you are the Alchemist and awaken his powers to end this massive battle."

"Err, Ok." Aiden was flustered by now. "But how?"

"That, my Lord, only you know."

Aiden was displeased at the enigmatic answer. What was he expected to do?

"It is you who must end this battle between the two most ardent lovers that are now enemies, for now they both love only you."

Aiden was taken aback at the last statement.

"And it is time for me to take my leave." Frigeria knew that Black and the Empress were fast approaching. She would have to somehow engage one of them on her own. And these moments would probably be the last few of her perpetual life. The azure surroundings started to dissolve as the ground and the walls of the valleys slowly came back into view. Tinka was also stirring from her slumber.

"Remember Aiden," the raven haired angel stated before she disappeared from view herself, "Be Strong!"

Aiden watched helplessly as the white clothed figure disappeared from the alley. He stooped down to awaken Tinka, shaking her slightly. The girl opened her eyes groggily. "What happened?"

Suddenly Aiden heard the sound of running footsteps. He bend over backwards as he tilted half his body out of the alley to see who it was.

It was Will. Running towards him with an expressionless face.

"Will, it's..." but the rest of the words remained stuck in his throat as out of the blue Will pulled forth two jagged black blades in is hands and with a battle roar leaped up in the air, gaining altitude before he pounced onto the boy. Aiden stood rooted with fear on the spot, unable to move even an inch as Will brought down the double blades at a high velocity. One strike and Aiden would die. It was all over.

'CLANG.' The noise resounded as the dual blades of alacrity clashed with the Helos Sabre and sparks flew in all directions. Aiden stood shivering with fear as three sword trembled mere inches before his face. Scott had protected him.

Aiden looked questioningly towards Will. His face was expressionless; dead blank; but there were tears streaming down his cheeks.

Scott pushed with all his might and swung around his sword as Will jumped backwards and gradually up erect.

"You're not going to leave a single scar on him Black!" Scott growled.

Things were happening too fast for Aiden to work out in his mind.

~~~

Empress Woe was heading towards the Alchemist. So Black had found the boy but had been engaged by White? Very well, she would have to make an appearance now and finish off things. She stopped running as she paused running and slowly disappeared from the material plane. She would teleport directly to the location.

A few seconds later she reappeared on the same dimensions she had disappeared form. She looked around confused. She once again concentrated and tried to appear next to the two guardians and the alchemist. She had to finish the boy off.

Once again she was dumbfounded as she teleported back to the exact same spot. And then she understood. It was an illusionary technique, and she was stuck in someone else's world. She knew only one person who possessed illusory techniques as powerful as this one.

"Frigeria," she muttered with anger. Very well, it would take her some amount of time but she would soon get out of this technique and would kill Frigeria as well. Then she would proceed onwards towards the Alchemist.

~~~

Aiden was still trembling with fear as the two fighters assumed combat positions, their swords glistening in the morning sun. Suddenly Black straightened himself as a pair of colossal silver grey wings emerged from his back, tearing across the shirt and standing out in all their glory. The 15 foot wings were jagged with black streaks across the edges and appeared to be comprised of dark gossamer silk, yet seemed strong and erect.

White howled as he too let out the massive white wings Witenhoem was known for; the pearly whites that had dazzled thousands. The cloth on his torso tore across leaving shreds as the wings unfurled fully and stood up in a v-formation.

Aiden stared wide-eyed, his mouth open. So these were their true forms?

"What's going on?" Tinka asked getting up unsteadily and then noticing the two angels; a dark Seraph and a Keeper of the Light.

"What the fuck?" was all Tinka elicited before she too assumed the expression Aiden had on his face.

"This ends today Arangyunus." White shrieked and leapt into the air flapping his wings as Black followed suit.

Two friends stood bewildered as the two massive shapes rose into the sky and their swords clashed. Aiden shook his head as he realized what the lady angel had been talking about earlier. So he was the Alchemist?

Aiden abruptly got up and ran towards the fighting figures. Thoughts of Will with tear strained eyes were dominating his mind. If he indeed did want to kill him, why did Will have tears in his eyes? He knew the answer this time; Will was in love with him and somehow was being forced to do things against his will.

Aiden tried to make his way towards the two angels as they clashed in the sky. It was not of much use; they were only going further apart and higher. He watched helplessly as they yelled and swung their swords at each other. How would he get the two to stop?

Aiden looked about as he noticed that 'people' had seen the sights too. And now they stood watching in awe as the spectacle unfolded ahead of them. Aiden did not even want to know what thoughts were going on inside their heads, as he strained his eyes to see the two warriors.

The final battle between Black and White had just begun.

~~~

Well I really hope you enjoyed this episode and that it answered all those questions that were being heaped upon me. The next episode is the concluding one, so be on the lookout for that. Also, if you've been liking the story, please take a moment to drop me a line; it really benefits me to hear from my readers.

Anyways, Ciao till the next episode.