Black Rain Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Halen nodded and targeted the large ship.

As the dying shuttle soared towards the Haven, Tishara tried her radio once more, "Ashton? Anyone?"

No response.

"If anyone can hear me, get out of the starboard storage bays now!" she shouted.

Powerful discharges from the forward blasters of the shuttle streaked down to the Haven, the bolts of energy a bright green in the storm.

'Please, Jesus,' she thought wearily, 'Please...'

***

As Sonny worked to repair the damaged circuitry of the A.I., an alarm sounded off. The computer slowly turned on as all the screens in the claustrophobic little alcove came to life. Soniah spun around her heel, startled from her deep concentration on Wren. He was a sly bastard, and she had no doubt if she took her eyes off him long enough he would try to get the upper hand back again.

"Warning," the fragmented voice of the A.I. reported, "Incoming fire, starboard bow and bridge at high risk. Warning..."

"You gotta be shitting me," Sonny looked dismally at the computer screen.

"They're Jah-Haran," Soniah looked up from the console next to her. She could see the predatorial outline of a shuttle coming in fast, weapons firing.

"Your asshole friends are gonna blow us up," Sonny hissed at Wren.

"A shame, isn't it?" the demonic looking alien laughed spitefully.

"Brace your selves," Soniah shouted.

***

Hessex heard the alarm sound off and then the conversation between the human and Denavian female. She'd heard Wren talking, so at least he was still alive. From her position in the hall, she could hear the noise from outside filtering in through the fractured hull. The scream of phased plasma energy burning the air at high speeds filled her ears.

She hit the release for the sliding doors, but they would not budge. Hessex hefted her gun and blasted the release. There was a loud hiss as the doors lost their pressurization. Hessex wedged her fingers in between the doors and began pulling. Her fingers ached as they took the force of her efforts, but slowly the door began to open. Every muscle in her arms pulsed and pulled tight as she forced the heavy doors apart, her cry of anger almost as loud as the commotion outside.

"Holy shit," one of the humans inside shouted, "Look out!"

Hessex saw the Denavian woman level a weapon at her. She saw it was Wren's gun. Hessex kicked the gun away and then tackled her to the ground. The both hit the deck hard and rolled as the plasma blasts rocked the ship. The room shuddered, there were screams and shouts and then all went dark.

***

Tishara felt her body go cold and the universe grow silent as the hull of the Haven simply vanished. A huge section of the ship vaporized under the heat of the blasters. Through the hard rain she could see the interior of the ship, and most importantly the open cargo hold. She braced herself against her seat and tried to close her eyes, but found she couldn't.

The Haven grew into an immense object before them, humongous and imposing. The superheated metal along the edges of the hole they had blown open was glowing orange, acting as a guide for their point of entry. And then there was shadow and the sudden ear-splitting screech of metal against metal. Tishara was thrown forward, and even with her restraints in place her head smashed against one of the bulky computers mounted to the ceiling.

She was aware of her own screaming, almost as loud as the screaming of the shuttle as it slide along the cargo bay, steaming and spewing sparks. She covered her face with hands that trembled and were splattered with blood. Her blood. She was bleeding. She touched her forehead and then lost track of everything.

The shuttle smashed into the inner wall and crumpled.

***

Outside, the storm raged on.

... to be continued...