Blood and Ice Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm fine Peter, please, your suffocating me."

He sat back a little bit and shouted. Michael came in.

"Father, will you get Lucifer, Lex is awake!"

Michael nodded. A few minutes later father came running in and nearly smothered me as well.

"You've no idea how glad I am that you're okay! I honestly thought he had killed you.", father said.

"It's going to take a lot more then that to kill me, I am your daughter you know!"

"You have your mothers strength, that's for sure!", he smiled at me.

"How long was I out this time?"

"Just a few hours. There will be council in a short while, but I want you to rest okay? Peter will have to attend, but if you do need any of us just come to the council room." I nodded.

It seemed a bit strange. Father always made someone stay with me, but I didn't argue. Father gave me a kiss, then left. Peter gave me a hug.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" he asked.

"I'll be fine Peter, don't worry."

He nodded, gave me a kiss, then left for council. Father was up to something, that I was certain of. But what it was, I didn't know. However, I believed that I needed to find out.

I waited for about twenty minutes. Council would definitely be started by now. I had changed, strapped my sword to my side, just encase, I crept along to the council room. I was in luck that day the guards were away and the door was open slightly. I put my ear to the door and listened to what was going on inside.

"My lord, why is you're daughter not present?" someone asked. It sounded like Alexander.

"She's resting and also it is her I want to talk about. Has there been any luck in finding Melissa's diary?" father asked.

"Not yet, my lord. We've searched the entire castle. It's not here." Alexander said.

"We must find it. She must have had it on her when she fled." father said.

"My lord, with all respect, why is it so important to get the book?", Peter asked.

"The book is said to contain the information on how to kill Gabriel. The catch is that it's written in shadow script! Only a person with royal blood can read it. That means my daughter But I don't think she can handle that yet.", father said.

"When do you think you will turn her fully?" Alexander asked.

"When she knows the truth, accepts it, and when she feels ready. If she found out before she was ready, she would run that I'm sure of. We need her to get rid of the light raiders! Do you mind if I stretch my wings? It's just I don't get to fly much with Alexandria around." father said.

"No, buy all means my lord.", Michael said.

I could hear the rustling of what sounded like feathers. "But how was that possible? Father doesn't have wings! It must have been something else." I thought to myself.

"So, do you have any idea where we can find the book?" Michael asked.

"I have a suspicion that she had it when she died and there's only one person that saw the place where she died. The problem is that she was to young to remember fully. But, she knows! That, I'm certain of."

This book seemed really important and I was the only one that could find it. I heard people starting to move, I had decided to go and find the book. I knew I only had a short space of time to get out of the castle.

I ran back to my room and grabbed my cloak. I ran out of the corridor. I could hear father and the council coming out of the room and down the hall. I had a quick flash! There was a door behind the painting across from me. I pushed the painting back.

There was a door. I opened it and found a set of stairs. I let the painting swing back into place and followed the stairs. They took me straight to the stable.

I saddled Spirit mounted him, and dug my heels into him. He set off at top speed. I felt guilty about leaving my father but it was needed to finally kill Gabriel. I got to the black gates when I could hear my father screaming, but I didn't let that stop me.

I sped on. I knew that he would go straight to James and Sarah's so I couldn't go there. If he thought I was there, he would rip them apart. I could hear the thunder of hoofs coming from behind me. I knew father would be quick but I didn't think he'd be that quick!

I sped through the forest at top speed. I needed to hide, other wise the councilmen would catch me for sure.

I had another flash! They weren't visions but almost like memories. There was a place to hide. I got there just in time! The trees were very thick and easy to hide behind.

I watched Peter, Michael, Alexander and a few others speed past me. They slowed down, turning to talk. I was sure they couldn't see me, but I had to wait until they left.

"Where the hell could she have gone?" Peter asked.

"I don't know Peter, but if we go back without her, Lucifer will have our heads that's for sure.

Why the hell did she leave?" Alexander said.

"I honestly don't know. When we left her she was in her room. When I went back she wasn't there." Peter said.

"There is the possibility that she went back to James 'and Sarah's . It's the only other people she knew. We should start there!" Michael said.

"Peter, Michael and I will go to James' and Sarah's. Go back to the castle and tell Lucifer where were going." Alexander said. The rest of the council nodded and left.

"Do you know the way to James' and Sarah's? I can't remember Michael." Alexander said. Michael nodded and they left.

Spirit was getting restless. I knew mother died near James and Sarah's so I needed to be careful not to be caught. I sped off in a different direction from that being followed by Alexander and the rest of them. I didn't slow until I was clear of the forest. I wasn't sure where I was but I knew I wasn't in the right place yet. I kept on having flashes.

I was sure they were memories I had to stop and find some food and water. Thankfully I had my sword with me I tied Spirit to a tree I hunted some deer I had to eat it raw as I couldn't light a fire since it could attract attention. I fell asleep next to Spirit with my cloak around me.

When I woke up I was a little confused as to why I was lying on the cold grass with Spirit next to me. It took me a few minutes to realise what had happened. Unfortunately I needed to speak to James or Sarah. How I was going to do this? I had no idea. Then it hit me.

I untied Spirit and carried on heading towards James' and Sarah's. It didn't take me long to get to the out skirts of town. I tied Spirit up and headed towards James' work. I had been there before and remembered the way.

It didn't take long to get there. I looked at the clock. James would be on his lunch break, but he always took his lunch in the lab. I lowered my hood as I approached the security booth. Stan was on duty. I went over to the window and gave it a tap.

"Is that you Lex?" he asked.

"Yeah, is James in the lab? I need a quick word with him."

"Yeah, he's in the usual lab, go on in."

He raised the gate to let me through. I waved at Stan and headed into the building. I found James' lab quickly. I pulled my hood up just to give him a little fright as I thought he was sitting eating lunch in the lab. I had to act quickly. I ran in to his lab grabbed him by the throat and pinned him against the wall. He started to shout.

"If you don't stop screaming I will slit your throat." I growled at him. He grew quiet at this threat. "Wh-wh-what do you want?" he stuttered out.

"Just a little information and I'll let you go unharmed, I promise". I said keeping the growl in my voice so he wouldn't recognise me

"If you let me go I will tell you anything you want." James said. I nodded and let him go.

"What do you want to know?" he asked.

"What do you know about Lucifer's wife?" I asked.

"Not a lot. She died a long time ago. I take it your from one of the clans." he said.

"You could say that. Do you know where she died?" I asked.

"We found her daughter in the graveyard in town. As for Melissa I honestly don't know where she died." he said.

"Was her body ever found?"

James shook his head.

"Then how do you know she's dead?"

"If she were alive she would have contacted Lucifer by now. Just one question. Why do you want to know this information?" he asked.

"You don't need to know that." I said. I turned to leave.

"Do you know where Lucifer's daughter is?" he asked.

I lowered my hood and turned around "I think I know where she is James." I said.

His jaw dropped. "Lex you scared the crap out of why the hell did you? You know I would tell you anything you wanted to know." he was shouting by now.

"James, calm down please. It was necessary. Alexander, Michael and Peter must not know I was here okay?" I said.

"You know that they were at our house last night and they were worried sick. Why the hell did you leave? Lucifer thinks it was something he did. He thinks he's a terrible father." James said.

"If I tell you, will you promise not to say anything?" I asked.

James nodded.

"I over heard father and the council talking. They need to find my mothers diary and the only person that saw where my mother went was me. I need to find it for my father because I don't want to loose him the way I lost my mother. That's why you can't say anything James."

He nodded.

"Just promise me one thing. If things get too much for you to handle, come back to our house. We'll get in touch with your father just to let him know that you're okay." James said.

I sighed. "Will you tell him that I came past and tell him that I'm okay but don't tell him what we talked about. I don't want him to know, not yet anyway okay?" I asked.

James nodded. "Lex if I can help you, you know I will do anything to help you just keep in touch okay?"

I nodded and pulled my hood back up. I left the lab, only stopping once to talk to Stan briefly. I went back to Spirit. The graveyard was a fair distance and as much as I trusted James but I was certain that he would tell Peter, Michael and Alexander.

I had to move quickly. I left Spirit outside of town. I kept to the shadows. The trip to the graveyard would normally only take about half an hour. It took me nearly two hours to get there. When I got there, I had another flash. I saw my mother run in here with a bundle of clothes. I knew I was in the right place. I looked around the graveyard for a clue or something.

If you hadn't have been looking you would have never seen it. It was a gravestone with the black orbs with the snakes intertwining. I took out my sword and sliced my hand. It hurt like hell, but it was worth it. I smeared my blood over the orbs and the gravestone slid down and opened. There was a small rectangle package. I lifted it out.

The covering was brown cloth when I picked it up I felt a twinge in my stomach. I saw my mother. She was holding the package and a small child. She was talking to the child.

"My dear daughter. I hope you remember this. If you don't I'm sure you will see this in a vision. This book contains all the secrets of the light raiders and how to kill Gabriel. Please keep it safe! If the light raiders get a hold of this they will certainly destroy it. I love you! I have tried to give you the best start in life that I could. I just hope its enough. You are our final hope."

she closed the grave with her blood and laid the bundle of clothes down. A snap of a twig brought me back to reality! There was someone in the graveyard with me. I could sense them.

"So when exactly were you planning on coming back Lex?" Alexander said.

"When I get what I came for Alexander." I said.

"Lex why the hell did you just go with out saying anything. Your father went ballistic we thought that you had been kidnapped!" Alexander said.

"That's between me and father. As to not telling him why I left, I think there are a few things he hasn't told me. Wouldn't you agree Alexander?" I asked him.

"If your father didn't tell you something, it was for your protection. He loves you Lex. If he lost you I don't know what he would do. Will you come back with me?" he extended his hand.

"Not yet Alexander. I still need to find out a few things. Go back to my father and tell him that I will return soon after I find out something." I said.

"No way! If your going somewhere I'm coming with you." Alexander said. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry Alexander but you can't." I said. Without a warning I drew my sword and came down hard on him knocking him out. I caught him before he hit the ground and laid him down. I slipped the book into my pocket.

I left the graveyard and followed the path that my mother took eighteen years ago when she tried to save my life.

I had to know what happened to her because no one even knew if she was alive or not. I hoped and prayed that she was alive. It was a slim chance but I had to keep hope in my heart.

I had the book, the ultimate weapon against the light raiders. As I followed my mothers path I felt like I was taking the steps to finally destroying the light raiders

12