All Comments on 'Blood and Iron Ch. 01'

by nomennescio

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You're Back!

OMG!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see where you are going with this story! You're writing is beyond belief wonderful. I discovered you about six months ago. Please keep writing!

nomennescionomennescioalmost 12 years agoAuthor
:)

Glad to hear someone's enthused about it. The rating for this first chapter dipped to 3 shortly after posting, and I became a bit disheartened.

I've just polished up and submitted chapter 2, though I imagine it'll be a day or three before it appears.

elspethsheynaelspethsheynaalmost 12 years ago

I have a feeling the rating is more for the lack of sex than anything. You've done a wonderful job with your characters and realism. It's been a great first chapter and I'll be looking forward to future posts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Waiting...

Interesting start, now I'm waiting for the rest.

ricksouzaricksouzaalmost 12 years ago
refreshingly different

Your story sounds like a movie script. An x-rated movie. It would sure beat the trash they call erotic films around here -- or anywhere. I keep looking (in vain) for an erotic film that actually tells a story. I'll be on the lookout for the next episode.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Kudos

Welcome back to this forum, where stories of this caliber are almost nonexistent. Like other readers, I was enthralled by your earlier works (especially "How they may be.")

Your writing talent towers above most other authors. Were your literary works available on the retail market, I would not hesitate to buy them.

I hope you continue to lend your tremendous talent to this site and will be patiently waiting for any of your works in the future.

Again, Congratulation of a great story.

Danno_61455Danno_61455almost 12 years ago
JUST AS YOUR ADVANCE BILLED IT

I enjoyed this story. Never been a western reading fan but you have hooked my imagination.

Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
It's not just the lack of sex.....

....although the flashes of unknown attractions are hinted at. It's the nauseating and infantile internal dialouge of the main character's refusal to SEE and accept what's in front of her. If she had been on cattle drives around cowBOYs, she would have seen the true character of good men and no good men...of sexual attraction and/or respect for women or a person doing a man's job and being good at it. Thus, the so called build up and justification as to why a woman of her character who was told such lies as a child, finding the truth about her "pa" and wanting to sleep with him anyway, probably does have to be explained and explored in such a time consuming, nauseating way as you've done...yet neither her nor her pa are coming off as characters you want to stick around and find out how it ends, sexually or otherwise. As for lack of comments...no one wants to take time out to type a disertation on how boringly time consuming you've set up the characters and self-realizations.That's just my opinion...sorry you couldn't have found another forum to introduce your attempt at "western" writing with a different bent, but I guess throwing in an incestual bent on LITEROTICA is one way of trying to see if you have "the chops" to write a western. FUCK THAT SHIT....it's boooorrrrinnng as hell!!!!

nomennescionomennescioover 11 years agoAuthor

I'm sorry you didn't like it. I'm not quite certain what you mean by this, though:

"If she had been on cattle drives around cowBOYs, she would have seen the true character of good men and no good men...of sexual attraction and/or respect for women or a person doing a man's job and being good at it."

Are you suggesting that her experiences should have equipped her to better see that her father was a bad man? Or a good one? Or something else altogether?

WarfolomeiWarfolomeiover 11 years ago
Hmmm..

Interesting start, unusual father figure. Let's see how it plays out.

oldwayneoldwayneover 11 years ago
So far...

so good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
love it

Great story

pope32767pope32767over 10 years ago
Just one little glitch on your otherwise wonderful storytelling

...and if I haven't commented on your other works, it's because I'm just too impressed by them (I only found them today) and need to think about them more. This is something that probably not a single reader but me is going to notice: but it's "a mhilis" in the vocative case, pronounced "ah vilish", more or less. That's what her mother would have called her. I wouldn't even bother saying this if it weren't for your obvious attention to detail (I know just what you mean about the typos becoming visible only after the story gets posted).

mydaddywasadollarmydaddywasadollarover 8 years ago
Thinking outside the box... and being bloody awesome!!!

Hooked already. Whoever you are: nomennescio, guy or girl, whatever your beliefs or opinions or race or any of the bullcrap we humans judge each other for or label each other as... YOU are a compelling spectacular writer. It's great that writers can post on here as anonymously as they want. It opens a door for boundless creativity without fear. Never would have thought I'd be hooked on this as it's not set in the here and now... but that unique flare you have made me start reading this one and I'm very glad I did. It's like with your other stories - they are all a build up to something extraordinary - but they exist within the field of 'incest/taboo' but YOU always seem to think outside that box - and over fifty thousand views of this chapter alone.... Well that speaks for itself. Thank you for having the courage and skill and determination to share these stories with us :) xx

torith88torith88about 8 years ago
Beautiful!!!!

I love western stories... You've tapped ole lamour without being hokey about it. Very well plotted out ... The backstory is amazing as well I simply do not want this story to end. I almost don't want this to become erotic but you as the author know best. I love all the fine details you seriously could be a great old west author. This tale is proof good storytelling and the taboo life can mesh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Again a great story

Last weeks i have been reading all your work, and though most of it is from years back and i don't even know if you will read new comments i still want to say that I really hope you will, someday, submit more of your work because it is really good. I love the story lines, character development. You are one of the best submitters i have come across on this site, superb

Anaway, thanks for what you have allready shared, i love your work

nomennescionomennescioover 7 years agoAuthor

I do read new comments. A bit silly, I suppose, but I enjoy hearing that people liked my work...which is perhaps a large part of why most writers write, but you're not really supposed to say it, I don't think.

And I do still work on things, a bit. There's a quasi-sequel, or at least a capstone, to Reality is Different that I have more or less in progress. But writing has unfortunately become like pulling teeth to me. The first thing that I wrote came very easily, almost flowed out of me. The storyline, simple as it is, came to me when I was half-asleep, and I actually got out of bed and wrote a solid chunk of it that night, sketched out the rest. Since then, it seems as though it's gotten harder and harder. Even though I typically know what I want to happen, I struggle over sentences, exact phrasing, because it doesn't feel right unless I do. And I have to kind of force myself to actually sit down and write. Altogether, my output is barely measurable, I'm afraid.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernomennescio@nomennescio
8/2021: I fear the spark has left me. I've started and re-started half a dozen stories over the last few years, and every time, I get stuck midway through, losing the ability to conjure up words that would demand being read.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES