Blood of the Clans Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I will send word to my brother, Thomas Marlborough, at Carlisle and ask for some assistance from him. I'm sure I can persuade him to aid us with a gunship and some men to sail it. Things have settled down there and he's not in need of protection, as he once was. I'm sure he can part with some soldiers and arms for our cause. With an offer of lands and a castle for him, he'll comply with my request." Douglas relayed with a sense of surety that bolstered both his and James' outlook of the situation. For all his effeminate gestures, James knew Douglas was a shrewd and calculating man. One not to be trifled with, despite his ability to crush him with one hand. James did look puzzled at the different last names and before he could ask, Douglas answered his question.

"I know, different last names. Let's just say my father enjoyed his time there with a certain Duchess and Thomas was the result. He has no title there or here, but he's well cared for. Despite his lack of lineage, that hasn't stopped him from getting ahead. He is line to become a Duke now after the battle with the Spanish Armada last year, if all goes well."

James shook his head and laughed, making Douglas follow suit, as they came to terms with each other and the plan on the table.

Therese deMornay sat in her chambers, trying to continue with her stitching, her hands shaking terribly from fright. She tossed the piece she was working on, onto the floor and balled her hands into fists, her eyes welling with tears. Hearing the name MacDonald, gave rise to her worries it was her friend Arabella and her clan, who were in this trouble. Her suspicions still held there was a connection between the two clans mentioned and her dearest friend. She had to find out, for her own piece of mind, she needed to know.

It reminded her again of her own perils. How such a wonderful life, the one she had been living, could have been changed so dramatically. Her life at Trecesson could no longer be one of peace and comfort, since a man claiming to be her uncle, Jacques de Trecesson, had secretly issued a warrant for her death, in hopes of seizing his cousin's Chateau and estate. Before leaving France for her safety and the arrangement of her marriage to Douglas Gordon, she had informed the King of her suspicions that her uncle had poisoned her father and mother and an investigation by the Sheriff was underway. It was at the sherriff's behest that she find safety outside of France until the matter was dealt with, after hearing word of the plot to kill her.

Weeping in sorrow, Therese harkened back to those events that led her to be here. Here with a man she was to marry, but one she detested and dreaded being with. A man she held little respect for and wondered why her marriage to him would be beneficial, as her parents had told her it would be.

Please vote and comment, both are always appreciated. Thanks for reading.