Blood of the Clans Ch. 28

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's been my honour and pleasure tae see ye's both again and offer my congratulations tae Heather, as well." Sorley told her.

"Mine tae. Lady Anne, when I return tae our home, I'll see tae the men and make sure this castle is well protected wi' MacDonnell's and it shall ne'er fall tae the MacRae's, no as long as one man remains standing. I gi'e ye my oath." Randal acknowledged, granting Anne a peace to go with her happiness.

Anne came to her kin and held their hands with hers, looking at them with great admiration.

"When this is o'er and peace is made, it would honour me, tae visit wi' ye and see yer homelands. I'd like there tae be a stronger bond between our clans."

"It would be our honour tae ha'e ye come, Lady Anne. I'm fairly sure ye'll love the look of Eire." Sorley replied, "I wish fer a stronger bond between us as well, Lady Anne."

The entourage left Lady Anne's chambers and made the trek down to the waiting birlinn. Glenn, Iain, Stephen and Athol, along with many others, were there to send them off. Everyone boarded and took their places, setting the oars in place and awaited the signal. With a tearful goodbye to her daughter, and future son-in-law, as well as her kith and kin, Anne stood and watched, as the oars were laid in the water and the birlinn moving away from her. The light, blue sail was unfurled and gathered the winds quickly. Hands waved back at one another, as the distance grew, happiness still ruling the day. Anne stood until the last remnants of the sail could be seen, before turning and heading back to the castle once more, a smile dancing happily about her face.

*******************************************

"Okay, now ye's know hoo it ended up being a double wedding. If I do say so myself, I think Grayson did a much nicer job of proposing, than Garreth did. I'm no saying he did'ne love Therese any less than Grayson loved Heather, just Grayson did'ne need tae rescue the fair damsel, steal her away from the evil villain and ha'e a few, eh, mishaps at home, shall we say." Tavish boasted to everyone, giving Stuart a side-ways inference, when he talked of Garreth.

Stuart laughed heartily at Tavish's poke, knowing he was trying to get him back for saying the MacLeod's were better looking.

"Aye Tavish, it was a lovely moment between them." Stuart acknowledged.

Everyone had to agree with Tavish, that Grayson and Heather's engagement was much more romantic in nature, but Garreth and Therese were still very much in love as well.

Argus called for Stuart to come to him and whispered.

"I need tae tell them about the MacRae raid and what they did tae the Fraser's and how things ended up wi' them. If we don't, everyone will get confused as tae how things happened later. Now, I know yer going tae tell me tae tone it down, but really, Stuart, how do I do that? Ye know how it happened and it's a big part of the story."

Stuart looked at Argus and knew he was right. His dread for Argus' dramatics made him hesitate, but felt if he warned the guests first, it would prepare them and also give a chance for those who didn't wish to hear it, to leave. He called for everyone's attention, by tapping his spoon on his glass.

"Okay, Argus needs tae tell ye's about an event that happened and I'm gi'en everyone fair warning now, that it's no a very pleasant thing tae tell. If ye don'ne want tae hear it, now's the time tae take a break and I'll ha'e Gordon come fer ye, when it's o'er. So let's take a moment fer everyone tae have a wee rest now and those that want tae hear can come back in ten minutes." Stuart finished and looked at Argus.

He could see the joy, at getting to tell another gory event, twinkling in his eyes and hoped he wouldn't let it get too graphic. Stuart knew that history held some vile deeds that happened and Argus was quite willing to bring them into a vivid reality for everyone. He hoped he didn't rue his decision and have the guests upset again. At least this time, they were prepared for it. Argus sat happily with his drink and shortbread fingers, waiting for his moment.

12