All Comments on 'Boomerang'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

Out fucking standing story

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 year ago

Damn, you're good. 5 Stars of course. Any more Patty stories brewing?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

We all have feet of clay!

5

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

Wow! I did not see this story developing as it did. Well played!!! 5 stars.

johnadpjohnadpabout 1 year ago

Won’t touch on the story, but tackle the concept of karma. Now if by karma one means you put in the effort, say in your business or relationships and that increases, but does not assure, the chance of success, then I can go along with that concept. If by karma you mean some universal concept of justice, then it is a bunch of nonsense.

The thing is our minds have evolved to make connections. You touch fire, you burn; so don’t touch fire. A person has an angry look on his face, they likely mean trouble, so we learn to recognize that, and in fact the ability to recognize facial cues are genetic. The problem is that we also make over connections.

Stats say cheating happens in about 50% of relationships. For someone like Bill (he has shit going for him, he is a go getter, and he wasn’t averse to being involved with cheating before) the odds are even higher than 50% that at some point in a 20 plus year relationship he would cheat, and possibly go for something new.

So, it wasn’t karma that Lilly cheated on the son, and it wasn’t karma that Bill cheated on Tina. It was merely happenstance, merely the odds.

But, again, our brains have evolved to try to make sense of things so we learn and we try to avoid pain in the future. If you don’t think logically and deductively, then your mind goes to mysterious connections. Not that it was merely the odds that Bill would cheat, but that it was justice or karma that Bill cheated.

No, Tina, Lilly and Bill cheated and moved on because the opportunity existed (worked with the opposite gender), attraction to our spouses diminish over time (studies show that attraction lasts 4 years, and gets extended to 7 if you have kids), and they had the willingness to make the change.

If karma was real, what did Thomas do to deserve his wife leaving with his child? Is karma hereditary so that the mother’s cheating is paid for by the son being cheated on? I mean you can’t point to something where it is convenient, and ignore all the evidence to the contrary when it is not. Then it just becomes a matter of faith. Belief in something without the need of evidence. Karma is definitely in the sane family as faith.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

At one time maybe the unended shit takes that you tried on your readers may have felt great to the bunch of feminised metrosexuals that you aimed for… but no more… ! The quiet justification and rewards for cheating that you propagated in your stories no longer tug the heart strings of the new generation of male readers who have seen you and your ilk demean men.. our ego.. our pride and try to turn us into limpid pools of pity… while at the same time bow- towing to the ‘women can do no wrong’ or ‘ women can be unfaithful… but they need to be forgiven at all cost’ philosophy ….

Time for you Javmor to start peddling better wares or move on into the ether of ignominy …

francemanfrancemanabout 1 year ago

5⭐ mainly for your last sentence.

I agree 100%.

Everyone (man or woman) is responsible and solely responsible for the choices of their decisions.

Well done and thank you.

Finally a man who understands and who writes that women are autonomous, independent and responsible: for their choices, their actions, their thoughts......

That they have the same rights and the same duties as a man.

👍👏

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best LV stories in a long time. 5*

PowersworderPowersworderabout 1 year ago

Oh this was getting so good, then you ended it too soon!

It was nice to see the cheating, golddigging whore finally have karma catch up with her.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 1 year ago

Good to see a new javmor79 story. As always with your work, poignant and heartrending. Evokes a lot of two-bit karmic philosophy, but the one for me that comes to mind is ‘the chickens come home to roost’. Or maybe the Aesopean fable about the dog and his bone and his reflection. Whatever - a well executed and entertaining flash story.

.

What’s new on the ‘Patty’ series? I love checking in Patrick and Kendra every so often.

.

Thanks very much for the new story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ouch. Nice use of parent and child to tell one story through two perspectives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So glad it came back on her. Now Lance needs to buy and baseball bat and a ski mask.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Short. Poignant. Emotive. Truth. Excellent.... needs no more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The perspective was unusual, which made for an interesting read. Javmor managed to pack a lot of emotion into a short well-written story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 1 year ago

A good poignant story.

The mess MC started years ago

came back to bite her

All is even between her and Thomas

But Bill won again

Hope there is a chapter two

That time it will be Bill's turn of pain.

/

Thanks for the subtle but solid BTB

Mr. javmor79

PraetusPraetusabout 1 year ago

Oh wow. This was great. Self realisation and assuming we are morally pure. I feel for Lance. And for Thomas.

Bill, less so - we know his character already since he seduced a married woman. Lance will be fine. The wife... Yeah Lily will find herself in this same place.

Great flash story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think that is why old saying: "Karma is a bitch" is still working today as it was 1000 years ago!

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

I will give you credit for the symmetry between the sons wife and mother. I will give you credit for the realism of the scene and the emotions displayed. You ruined that organic growth of misery and pain by writing Tina called Thomas. Just a few paragraphs before, Tina reflected on Thomas leaving and not looking back. She then told her son "no one knows where he is" She didn't care before so how does she know his number?

Its still a good story without that mistake though Bill leaving at the end seemed like a bridge too far. I suppose it's possible someone could experience nearly instant karma and lose everything in the same way they once shattered another. I don't know, Bill doing the same thing just seems too much if that makes sense.

We2are1We2are1about 1 year ago

unique perspective not one we see often. thank you.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 year ago

Wow 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 I read this and I reflect on someone who went through this exact same shit. Sometimes when you read these stories and if the woman is the cheater they tend to react highly emotional when they are found out especially if there is a divorce on the horizon. In reality though they like everyone else are highly logical in their decision making . Even if the actions based on said decision appears highly illogical and emotional. That mother knowingly went into a relationship even though she was married and had a child because she wanted the wealth and prestige that the other man had. She knew what her end game was and pursued it doggedly, and so she willingly cast aside love and fidelity in her marriage for the so called “good life”. Just like real life the kid I knew had to pretend that when his mom left his dad, it was not under a cloud of deceit and treachery, and because the system favors the mother and the father is not as financially able to fight for the right to be a parent, he literally bankrupt himself in legal fees. Even more so financially strapped he had to start all over and move away and leave all he loves and hold dear just to make a go at life again. I know karma is real and what you put out you will eventually receive, how that applied to my former friend and his mom who knows.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved the premise of the story…that Mom had to watch son experience what his father had experienced that Mom had done. Very powerful.

.

But frankly..I was a little confused by the wrap up. Was Bill doing to Mom what she did to Tom so long ago? Appears so. Looks like Tina getting a double whammy. Karma.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What goes around comes back to bite you is the ass!

SDN1955SDN1955about 1 year ago

Karma might come late, but it always seems to come. Good plot twists.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bonjour tristesse....

Every day the reality of life plays back in these pages. You write very well and should keep doing so.

But damn your fantasy for being so true.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

FTDS. There's a lot more meat in this. Please explore some of the fallout from all these interactions.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 1 year ago

Good to see another new story from you, welcome back.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

Her son's been cheated on, and she's worried about his language?

\

"Men rarely notice the glaring, neon lights of an unhappy wife until it is too late." - As she said, that's why when wives are u happy, for whatever reason, they have to speak up. We men are clueless, definitely not mindreaders.

\

"That's when this ending became inevitable." -No, NOT inevitable. A true loving wife pushes back, doesn't lean in.

\

"as much as I loved Lily, I would completely disavow any feelings I had for her if I had to choose between them." - IF???

\

She thinks that SHE'S owed an apology? She slapped him for speaking the truth. Her reasons for leaving Thomas are worse than Lily's for leaving Lance. Lily left for what she saw as love, she left for money.

\

"Bill loves me. He wouldn't do that." - He'll cheat with you, he'll cheat on you.

\

"We hadn't been a couple for months. He had to know we were over. Our ending was practically inevitable." - Is that really so different from Lily and Lance?

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 1 year ago

Well written. And ya know what they say, ...... it's a bitch.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 1 year ago

its fun ny how, it a terrible thing to cheat untill it happens to them

BrentJWBrentJWabout 1 year ago

Well done! Karma’s a bitch

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneabout 1 year ago

This is one of the best LW stories in a while. No BTB. No Makaveli style revenge. All natural consequences. Deserves more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bitch got what she deserved

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Took a while for karma to get served on Tina but it certainly did. Having her son looking at her through different eyes will destroy her. Enjoy the stories based on real life events.

JH4FunJH4Funabout 1 year ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Sometimes life comes full circle and we never see it coming.

Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

NoTalentHackNoTalentHackabout 1 year ago

This is one of the best stories I've ever read here. It's so good that it makes me angry that I didn't write it myself, but I frankly don't know if my skills are up to it. Let's break it down:

1) It's short. That brevity actually enhances its impact, starting and ending where it needs to. No fat to be trimmed, but also nothing necessary left unsaid. Fantastic.

2) It built and built upon itself effortlessly. Oh, it's a story from the mother's point of view, cool. Wait, no, it's a parallel between the mother's infidelity and the wife's, awesome. No, wait it's...

3) There are so many parallels throughout the thing, which is just incredible for its length. The mother cheating on Thomas parallels Lily cheating on Lance. Bill and Randall as the nearly-faceless antagonists. The mother with divided loyalties not once, but twice (her ex-husband and her soon-to-be ex-daughter-in-law). The son "cheating" on his mother with his father at the same time his stepfather is cheating on her. And so many more! In 4K words! You magnificent bastard!

4) The subtle undermining of the mother-as-narrator as the story goes on, almost entirely uncommented on, because the narrator herself lacks self-awareness. "Men rarely notice the glaring, neon lights of an unhappy wife until it is too late." And yet she couldn't face those signs herself in her own husband's actions until it was too late, nor did she realize her beloved "daughter" was cheating any more than her son did. And! It's implied as well that the son DID know about his wide's infidelity, that it was the thing he had been talking to his father about, trying to figure out what to do, because he knew that he couldn't trust his mother to be truly loyal.

5) So much is left for the reader to pick out; the whole thing is like a scavenger hunt for clues and connections, if you're willing to put in the time.

6) Any single one of these pairings would have been fodder for a LW story; I want to read about all of them in-depth. But put together like this? Absolutely masterful.

Hats off, javmor. This is the type of thing that makes me realize I need to step up my game.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What an intriguing scenario.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Painfully poignant; well crafted piece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the most evocative, insightful, and well-written stories in this genre in a long while. This is masterfully insightful, perfectly written, and stays in its lane, avoiding the gross overwriting, weak characters, hyperbole, clichés, and asinine plots so endemic to LW. Perfect, or darned close to it.

imhaplessimhaplessabout 1 year ago

Original -- I like original, even if sad,; 5*

nestorb30nestorb30about 1 year ago

Great story 5th star for the quotes. The bow on the neatly wrapped box

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

1/2 a story.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter46about 1 year ago

Thanks. What goes around comes around.

Aspie007Aspie007about 1 year ago

The correct term for gold digger is prostitute. I wonder how long it took for Lance to realize that his mother is a prostitute

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed this one. Wonder how Tina is going to deal with her son seeing her for what she really was...a cheating, gold digging bitch that shit on his father. Thanks for posting.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 1 year ago

Nicely done. The growing sense of dread was great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Die a painful death. Starting a relationship, by giving pain to your loved ones will always come haunt you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Karma, someday you will reap what you sow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is powerful and well written. It's a short story, so predictably some questions come to mind that are left unanswered. The ones in my head are related to the MC's affair with her now estranged second husband and her degree of fidelity to him over the course of their clearly doomed relationship. The incredibly quick use of a slap to the face of her adult child, notably with no subsequent remorse, says much about the MC's personality and her parenting style. Her reliance on projection and denial as coping skills does as well. Giving Keanu the last word is a nice touch. Overall, very well done.

Thanks, javmor79. You have been missed. Please write another soon.

surfplaylivesurfplayliveabout 1 year ago
Please Please Please Finish MoLex

I really enjoyed the story. I felt totally immersed in the pain despite its brevity. It feels rather selfish to badger an author who is posting his work and receiving no compensation, yet the selfish part of me demands that I at least ask you, (beg you if it helps) to finish Molex. I have literally checked hundreds of times to see if you have finished it. I have been in a bwwm relationship for 5 years. Perhaps that accounts for my strong feelings about the story. So, pretty-please with sugar on top? Finish MoLex!

KaeyoKaeyoabout 1 year ago

Tina, it’s called Karma.

Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really good story with some interesting twists.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So great she finally got hers! Hopefully she'll end up on the street turning tricks to make enough money to get by.

JustSomeWordsJustSomeWordsabout 1 year ago

Powerful story from a different angle. *5*

BSreaderBSreaderabout 1 year ago
What

Goes around comes around

MVarroMVarroabout 1 year ago

One of the best in quite Some time, thanks.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 1 year ago

5 Stars Great story. Really well written. It was interesting when she had that full circle moment, and the tables were turned on her. But as the saying goes, 'What goes around comes around,' and she finally paid the price for what she'd done to her first husband.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 1 year ago

That was very well done. Quick, painful and interesting.

dc6370dc6370about 1 year ago

I believe this is the first story I've read on this site that addresses this subject. Exceptionally well done! 5*

lukeey90lukeey90about 1 year ago

That "there's no marriage without trust " is b.s for me. Love them all but trust no one" is more like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Hated this story at first (this shit isn't suppose to be about Mom), then the talel unraveled.

Much credit for coming up with something quite different. Yet also, disappointment you did not layout more about the father / son relationship which made the story unique.

On balance, 3 stars.

katibkatibabout 1 year ago

Very nice short story, told to good effect. But, watch the difference between affect and effect.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Double boomerang. Amazing story - 5*

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeabout 1 year ago

Karma as per Buddhist and Hindu philosophy simply means that only your actions are in your control, not the outcome. Karma is Sanskrit meaning deed or action.

Western literature have a skewed interpretation for this word though. It is never mentioned that good deed begets good or bad begets bad. The philosophy simply advices human to do good and hope for good.

Source - my reading of Hindu & Buddhist scriptures.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 1 year ago

5* Well written about the revenge boomerang hitting almost 20 years later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A really great interweaving of parallel stories! 5 stars. Well thought out and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Super story and payback

Wonderman1Wonderman1about 1 year ago

Excellent story, completely different then any I have read. Amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

U got *****

AllenDouglasAllenDouglasabout 1 year ago

Damn, son, it's been a few years, but you haven't lost it... Very thoughtful, well presented and arranged,. Love short stories that make you think, extrapolate, and judge for yourself.

I have enjoyed many of your submissions over the years, hope for many more...

luverlybubblyluverlybubblyabout 1 year ago

will there be a chapter 2

likeboblikebobabout 1 year ago

So so, not much action or drama.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Simply superb 5*

I do wonder whether it would have been better left at the end of the first page - the mother’s realisation that her relationship with her son is forever tarnished was so impactful that the subsequent collapse of her own marriage barely registered in terms of the emotional damage

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

karma is a sanskrit word, meaning action. You make the call just choice to put good out into the world com. Is the memory of our souls? The sum of a person's actions in previous dates of existence that decide their fate in future existences talk or so oh bullshit, to mean reincarnation. Really, that was real. Wouldn't we have some evidence by now.

So, yes, the buddhist version of Carmen is well certainly on provable, but at least it too beautiful positive thought. But what Perkins did was take karma, like everything else in this hateful spiteful country turn it into some bitter and nasty. We use it like you took them

cupcake and God will have my revenge. Ellen was means or staffers immense. You lost or show karma. You voted for trouble you have covered karma now die. We took something that was meant to be gentle kind and hopeful and turn it into a tyrant, Tino movie. Someone did you wrong and then some time later something bad happened to them. Karma know something bad was bound to happen to them at some point because they're alive and you keep living some bad things will happen only in this dump country too. We all make it about ourselves and connected to and call it karma. You stole the parking spot. I was waiting for a trader. Jos enjoy your early onset dementia. What Americans really mean when we say karma?

The foreign word that really scribes our feeling is not found in Sanskrit chimed in german schadenfreude, meaning pleasure out of someone else's misfortune, but you're old, high school boyfriend didn't wind up a janitor because he dumped you a week before the prom is a janitor busy got six hundred on his SAT

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoabout 1 year ago

Life's a bitch and her name is Karma.

other2other1other2other1about 1 year ago

Wow, this was very very well done. The anguish that they are all going through and only the father and son deserve any kindness. His mum, his wife. May they live in interesting times for the rest of their days…

So would like to know how it ended up. But even then, the story felt complete…

Loved it!

Regguy69Regguy69about 1 year ago

Impressively done. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Galatians 6:7 - A man reaps what he sews.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 1 year ago

A very well deserved 5⭐.

Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The hypocritical, cheating whore got what was coming to her. Sadly reality rarely works this way. The cheating whore usually gets away with it, and the Courts fuck over the guy on top of getting fucked over by the cheating whore.

Busman19639Busman19639about 1 year ago

A very well written story. I was looking for another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What strikes me deeply is the subtle foreshadowing for Lilly. Her future is going to be bleak one day. Maybe she'll have 10 to 20 years of the high life like Tina. Maybe not. But it's coming. Even Bill lost. Man had to raise someone else's kid for over 10 years. The kid only grew up to resent him.

People want the easy path. Even if it cuts down other's. A little bit of work and support would have kept Tina married happily and successfully to her now ex husband.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@FaithfulToWife, you are correct that "karma" in Sanscrit best translates to "action" in English. However the term karma in both Buddhist and Western traditions refers to the cycle of cause and effect that our actions and associated intents create. In other words, the nature of our actions, as well as our intent while performing them, have consequences. It is an oversimplification to state good actions create good karma and bad actions create bad karma, but that is the general idea. Javmor79's use of the concept is correct. May your ongoing study and practice bring you peace and satisfaction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wow!! Not only is Literotica loaded with expert lawyers but also scholarly karma experts. Who knew??

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Damn, what a story. The devastating cycle of trading up that she started all those years ago has made its circle and come home to roost. But own it’s way back it has touched everyone she cared about. You feel for the innocent Tom and Lance, but not at all for Tina, damn her soul, who began this circle. Hopefully, Lilly will get her karmic justice one day, and maybe old Bill will die in that young saddle. This was so good that it could have gone on another two or three pages. There is more of this story to tell from the masterful Javmor.

usaretusaretabout 1 year ago

Did not care for it, even thought, or perhaps because, I understood the theme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very short and straight to it. Yea a very good story with no winners just losers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Gen Z didn't answer when Boomer rang.

Not Tazz

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 1 year ago

Wow.

This was powerful writing!

A pity it was written with a cheating slut

as the MC.

It's like writing a story on the Ukraine war.

And making Putin the MC instead of Zelenskyj.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It would have been a more dramatic and karmic twist if Lily had contacted Bill. But it would be surreal and implausible, but atmospheric and iconic.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

Well done, and thoughtfully written. I liked the multiple layers of symmetry.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Well-written but filled with foreboding. Stellar.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 1 year ago

"It's a sad day when our children realize that we're just as fucked up as everyone else."

The wheel of life keeps turning. Full marks for this tale.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 1 year ago

Good story, but needs an ending. A better ending. BTB. Please. The Bear approves. 4 stars.

The BEAR

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...