Boss Lady: Interlude

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The police? You wouldn't dare," he said and stepped forward. Barry's hand to his chest stopped the advance. "Get your hands off of me, you pathetic excuse for a human being."

"Isn't that what this girl just said to you? I'd take Marjorie's advice if I were you," he said.

"I did nothing to this girl that she didn't want me to do," said the surgeon, regaining his imperious bravado.

Barry smirked. "So you were just following orders? That defense didn't work the first time." He found the phone. "Does 911 work down here?"

"I believe it does," said Marjorie.

Dr. Bluster was now fully composed. "Be aware, Mrs. Whitcomb that actions have consequences. Your job for one?"

Marjorie's eyes narrowed into a glare. "Is that a threat?"

"Merely a fact," was the reply. A deeper male voice then intruded into the discussion.

"Actually Dr. Llewelyn, that would be in my purview, not yours," said the thirty-five year old CEO of the hospital. He stuck out his hand. "I'm Connor Truax, the new hospital administrator. I missed you at my welcoming reception. Mrs. Whitcomb, I am familiar with your work and a big fan." He looked to Barry. "And you are, sir?"

"He's my fiancé'," said Marjorie, with pride even Barry could sense.

"I'm the comic relief. I was about to tell Dr. Handsallover the one about the one armed surgeon," he said.

"I'll take care of this, Mrs.Whitcomb. I'll use my phone to call the police. Would you take the young lady into the hotel and see that she is all right? Not you, Dr. Llewelyn. We'll wait here for the authorities."

**

"It was nice of the boss to give you a week off to say thank you," said Barry, as he tightened his grip on his fiancée' shoulders. She fit very well under his arm. He pulled the copper bedspread up under her chin. "It was the least he could do."

"Would you have really punched that doctor?"

"Yes. You forget, m' lady, I vanquished the ever unpopular Jojo. Valor is my middle name, m'lady," said Barry and kissed the top of her head. The flight had been long and they were exhausted, climbing into bed the minute they got to his apartment. Barry was thankful he had an extra toothbrush for her and that she had been too tired to put pajamas on. She yawned.

"Tomorrow, we'll tell Jean Alyce about us. Okay?"

"Yes."

She moved over and straddled him with her face on his chest. "You know, Sweetheart, I think we should seal this engagement of ours."

"With a kiss?" he asked.

"Not exactly what I had in mind." Marjorie opened her hips wider and moved up and down against his hips. "One more thing?"

"Only one?" he smiled.

"Yes. You were right. Forever won't be long enough." Their lips met in the darkness and the sparks flew from beneath the sheets.

Forever might not be enough, thought Barry, but it would be a lot of fun.

12