Breathless Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Evil Alpaca
Evil Alpaca
3,667 Followers

"What's up?"

"Just follow me." Sadie was looking conspiratorial, and he was aching to find out what was on her mind, so follow her he did. They'd made it onto the dance floor before he realized it was a trap. She swung around, placed one hand on his shoulder and another on his hip.

"Dance with me," she said, that smile never leaving her face.

"I don't --" he started to reply.

"You do now," she said, almost growling through her pearly white teeth. "If he tries to touch me, I'll rip his arms off and then you'd have to arrest me. Do you have any idea the kind of paperwork that would be involved trying to arrest an Arbiter? Even if you could cuff me --"

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I could cuff you," he replied, putting his hands in the proper positions and waltzing across the floor with her.

Sadie's retort temporarily died on her lips. 'He's a pretty good dancer,' she thought, taking a minute to move with him across the floor. 'And damn, he's solid. She was actually marveling at the muscles of his chest and arms as she was pressed lightly against him. "Wanna bet?" she said at last, trying to distract herself.

He smiled back at her. "I've always wanted to see if you Arbiters are as tough as everybody says. Okay, practice room tomorrow night. One set of cuffs each, one set of keys, first person to lock up their opponent wins. WHEN I win, you have to promise to try and show a little more decorum when you're in the field."

"No more naked basketball?"

"No more naked basketball."

"Fine. But when I win, you have to buy drinks after work at the bar of my choosing."

"Agreed."

Sadie looked over at Lord Frost, who was visibly vexed at having been cut off from his quarry. She smiled at him and shrugged as if she had no idea how Vladimir had gotten to her first.

"You enjoy torturing him don't you?"

"What a horrible thing to say."

"It's true." Vladimir was actually trying hard not to look straight down at her, since her breasts were swaying hypnotically under that dress of hers. "It's going to be fun humbling you, you know that? I should warn you, I used to be a marine." He didn't thing that would really phase her, but he was trying to get her a little riled up. She was more fun when riled up.

"That's okay. I flew for the British in World War I and II, and then did medi-vac in Korea and Vietnam."

Vladimir was stunned. "You're a flier?"

"Used to be. Haven't kept my certification up in the last twenty years since joining the Arbiters. Just no time for it. I'd love to restore a Sopwith Camel sometime and do the certification. I'll tell you, there's nothing quite like doing nap-of-the-earth maneuvering in an open cockpit. It's just a rush."

"Is there anything you haven't done?"

She couldn't resist a tease. "A few things," she muttered sexily. "You offering to help fill in the holes?" She wish she hadn't said anything. His eyes went wild for split-second, making her think that he wouldn't mind at all. But then the animal side slipped away and there was a sad longing there.

"I think he's lost interest," Vladimir said, noticing that Frost had gathered some of the City and vampiric Councils together. Terrence was over there, and Frost whispered something in his ear. "I'm going to find my wife."

"Okay," Sadie said after him, gnawing on her bottom lip. She hadn't wanted to make him uncomfortable. She'd enjoyed those moments with him.

"Hello," Terrence purred as he walked up. "You have my employer quite worked up. He's not used to there being something or someone he can't have."

"Your employer had better get used to it," she said absently, watching Vladimir approach his wife. She saw the couple start to bicker quietly as only a married couple can. And it was Teresa who was doing most of the sneering, with Vladimir either taking it or trying to placate her.

"Anyway, he was you to join him and the others on the terrace for coffee. They're going to discuss plans for this Halloween and --"

"Tell him I would LOVE to . . . and make sure you tell him with just that amount of contempt . . . but I have later dinner plans."

"Is young Melissa coming over for something to eat?" he whispered warmly into her ear.

"No. Mary is coming over, and she's just a potential friend."

"Who's Mary?"

"The wraith from New Plymoth."

Terrence stopped. "You're kidding, right? You're having dinner with a wraith?!" This last part came out a little louder than anticipated, and several couples in the area stopped and stared.

"Of course," Sadie said. "Actually, I need to be leaving so I can get something fixed before she gets there. Do be a doll and pass on my SINCERE regret about leaving early, but I'm sure the Lord would be amiss if I neglected my social responsibility."

Melissa had walked over, her eyes showing shock. "I think you have some explaining to do."

"I'll tell you all about it on the ride to the house, assuming that you're up for it."

Melissa looked confused, but it quickly transitioned to curiosity. If Sadie thought it was safe, then Melissa would trust her.

Sadie had one last shot to take. She looked over at Frost, meeting him stare for stare. She blew him a kiss, then her hand drifted down and inconspicuously pointed to her perfect rear-end. She escorted Melissa to the truck, and began to laugh as soon as she got outside.

"You know, we need to do this sort of thing more often."

------------ ----------------------

To be continued . . .

Evil Alpaca
Evil Alpaca
3,667 Followers