All Comments on 'Bridge of Sighs Ch. 02'

by johngalt47

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Its a small world

Entertaining, I will be looking for ch. 3.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Is there a CH3??

I don't see the need for one but I'll try to catch it!

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
OK story.

This story reminded me of elements from 3 K.K. ‘s stories: The Day Care Center, Judy, and The Long Road to Understanding. Your story is unique, but there are similarities: The swapping couple next door, the miscarriage, and the idea of how a husband gets out of a swapping relationship he originally supported.

Having said all of that, I liked most of your story. However, your transition from the first marriage to the second with Julie, was awkward. I also thought you really heaped it on Linda making her a truly tragic character. This was made ever more poignant since she was described as ‘wonderful-soft-gorgeous-intelligent-warm’ in the very first sentence of the story. I would have personally preferred that you let her derive some small piece of happiness by stories’ end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
i wish you write more on this site

need good writer who also use good common sense. thank you for sharing your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good, but could have been better

Kind of a dud....

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
And the Pendulum Swung

Very nice work Author - marital consequence is an interesting and emotional subject isn't it.

Choices and consequence are what life is all about and you captured it in this story - Thanks - with high Reagrd

EffectEffectover 18 years ago
Wow...didn't expect it to end like that

Personally I'd love to see a chapter 3 so we could out what the husband does in relation to the ex-wife and see her thoughts. Granted he isn't responsible for what happen to her but it seems he can't help but feel guilty about how things turned out for her. I'm sue he must have the thoughts of "if he wasn't traveling so much maybe things wouldn't have turned out like this" but then again maybe it would have. Maybe he wants to get back in her life at least as a close friend and try to help her. I wonder what the new wife will say if he tells her that the Linda she meet and is talk about is actually his ex-wife and he was the husband that divorced her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Way too "Jumpy"

All the oohs and aahhs from listening on the phone (as well as watching up close, when he went over, unannounced) to Linda having sex with the couple, he never said anything like,

"Well, honey, y'know, although, I, err, we got this swapping started, I don't think you should push it and "go alone", as you do not want me to do likewise, whether with our neighbors or anyone I chance upon in my line of work, do you, right; because if you go alone, I will also make decisions without considering your interest, okay"?

Two lines towards the end and the marriage's in the rear mirror (all done through lawyers).

One more line-space and there's Julie and his kids off to college. Then, Julie's relating some sad tales to him, but he didn't really pay much attention, as usual, until she said: "Yes, her name was Linda Adair and she got syphillis from her gang-banging and other such pursuits...."

And then he was supposed to be shocked, pale? That's silly.

The sex's no good; no eroticism; no emotional tugs; no sympathy-worthy character; didn't deal with the problems the characters were created to deal...

A poorly envisaged story. The guy's very decisive, no doubt about it, to the point where he did not even give her a chance to see if they could pull back from these swapping activities together, now that she's pregnant and a family was to start... Decisive, yes, but there's nothing there for the reader to identify with.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
A formula story

For those of you who are fond of the Loving Wives section and in particular the cheating wives genre, I am pretty sure that a sense of déjà vu and tired predictability which creep on you as you finish the first few paragraphs will not be a first. Yes, these are the familiar signs that you have, yet again, entered the zone of another formulaic story.

I believe that this story is a good example to a sub category, which I will call: The Dumb – Husband – Slut – Wife category, or in short: DHSW. In DHSW world the husband may or may not be a wimp, yet, he is kind of slow upstairs, if you get my drift. He tends to have a heart of gold though. He works very hard and long hours for his family, and goes along with whatever sweet wife wishes (except for working hard and long hours for the family. He would never give up on that)

Wife on the other hand is always very beautiful, has a very high sex drive and a very low impulse control. She usually does not have a very good judgment (i.e. she frequently gets into trouble)

Now the formula is set and ready to go in its predictable course. Wife has to act on her sexual desires, while husband has to be oblivious even to the most obvious clues. Finally, when husband actually sits and watches a “live show”

Of wife fucking someone, he concludes that something is indeed wrong in his marriage!

From here it is usually only a short distance to the end. (At least we are spared the lengthy chain of cliché and psychobabble which tend to appear in other formula types) Facing concrete visual evidence, husband is quick to act and sever the marriage. All along the story dialogues are few and motives are rarely presented. Development and change in characters? not in DHSW universe.

Formulaic stories are not necessarily a bad thing. Some writers may be original on the details. Some readers may love repetitions and predictability. I happen to like originality in stories, which among other things manifests itself by surprises and twists in the plot. If I can predict most of the story, I feel that I deserve some sort of warning, preferably at the top of the story next to its name. Those who like this formula will not miss it; others will make sure that they do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Don't make us wait for Part 3!!!

Good story, hopefully your considering a part 3!

Would like exwife, wife and husband to get together..

not necessarily for sex, but to really explore the past

nightangel960nightangel960over 18 years ago
Decent

Decent story are you gonna add more to it?

shangoshangoover 15 years ago
Sad tale

But I have to hand it to you, you brought the characters to life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Shit happens to slut wives and whores whats new?

No sympathy no remorse pieces of shit are pieces of shit. The exwife got what she deserved, good for her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Hmmmah

Yeah, the story was ok, not too bad, just thought I'd drop a line to say that kolkore is the most long winded "sumbitch" commenter outside of alvaron to "grace" these pages. The comments are fine, it's expressing an opinion, and hell, sometimes it's even an opinion I agree with, but does it have to be so fucking long and drawn out? Damned near adds another chapter to the story, and bandwith costs money!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great ending

I liked this story. I have trouble with some of the commentaters who think the husband shares responsibility for his wife cheating, travel etc. That's bullshit. He had to work to support his wife. Maybe if her lazy ass had a job he would have been able to take some other position that wouldn't have involved so much travel. He tried to get her into counseling but she refused to go. He shares no responsibility for her cheating or for how she mismanaged her life after the divorce, nor has he any obligation to help, befriend or have anything to do with her. I'm not a fan of torch the wife stories but let's face it, the wife torched herself in this instance. She ruined her marriage through poor choices and proceeded to ruin her life by continueing to make poor choices. I was glad to see he has happily moved on with a wife who is a partner (eg has a job!) not a self centered little girl.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 14 years ago
Pretty good

Good yarn ... But no part three??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Nice Twist at the end

Life turns....

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
Male character is made dumb and insensitive as a stump.

This makes the otherwise interesting tale fall flat. Hubby supports everything that gets him off, but he's not involved with the wife. Too bad; and he's super self-righteous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not good

I did not like it.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Not Sure Why We Should Care

...just saying

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

This story is all bull shit, no one would put up with this shit. They all are fuked up.6

aptonthe503aptonthe503about 6 years ago
Linda Got

Exactly what she deserved.

No need for a 3rd chapter.

Thanks for sharing and please keep writing.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
im curious what a third chapter would bring

as always its the authors call but this one im really curious to see what you would come up with.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Well deserved

Well deserved karma for Linda. She just had to take it too far.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Well

in spite of being a clueless dumbass it all worked out well for our leading man. Good thing he didn't try being a detective.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Good story

Linda got the exact life she deserved. No less, no more.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 4 years ago
Wow...

Linda got what she deserved....best revenge ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not bad, kind of phoned in.

So her whole justification for going slutville was because her husband traveled some? She obviously became mental after losing the baby and losing the ability. She also did him a Huge favor giving him an easy and justifiable out. Maybe subconsciously that's what she wanted all along?

Not bad, thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Should have given her aids .

Would have made a much better story

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Started good but went too stupid at the end.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 2 years ago

I don't know why you hate Linda so much? Yes she cheated, yes she deserved to get divorced.

But it seems the neighbors seduced her when she was mentally not stable.

And the gang-bang and rape was not ok. There should be some kind of revenge on them, even years later.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love that a cheating slut ends up with a horrible life. Karma's a bitch

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Excellent self-inflicted karmic BTB. Thank you! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

As I have said before 0ver 90 % of couples that swing or share end up divorced or alone Think it over (jaybee186)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories