Broken Inside Ch. 01

Story Info
An erotic romance novel with several chapters.
1.5k words
4.26
9.8k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ivy93
ivy93
4 Followers

*note: this is my first shot at writing so please go easy on the comments, hope you like the first glimpse of Kathy and Brandon's story. Enjoy!*

*

"Miss Grey!"

My head jerked up from the notebook I was doodling in, writing my name over and over in curvy fonts.

A jolt ran through me and my eyes darted around. Crap. The whole class was staring at me. Then my gaze landed on the source of the interruption. Stormy grey-ish blue eyes stared back at me. Fuck, looks like I am the interruption. I gulped. Dazzled and terrified at once.

"Well?" He prompted, raising a thick, perfectly arched brow, his deep voice loud and clear and more than a little arrogant.

I licked my dry lips and tried to form a coherent sentence.

"I'm sorry, what..what was the question?" I stammered softly.

Could I sound more thick? It was those eyes, I couldn't even look into them directly, it was like they could see right through me.

He leaned back on his desk gracefully, his arms crossed over his broad chest. Damn, the man was a fine site. With short, almost black hair, piercing eyes and a lean, muscular body like that. I could just spread him on a cracker.

"Am I boring you, Miss Grey?" He narrowed his eyes. His hard jaw settled.

Shit.

I blinked and tried to shift focus from his body to his pissed off gaze.

"No. Of-of course not. I'm just, uh.." I trailed off, heat spreading over my cheeks. Damn it. I glanced around.

I've never been afraid of my professors before, always had a good rapport with them. Even the grumpy ones. So it was uncharacteristic of me to balk in front of a classroom full of people for being picked on by a teacher. Well, a hot, young, intimidating, distractingly sexy...did I mention hot?

All the girls sitting in the room were practically drooling over their desks, especially Diana Simons, the busty brunette sitting at the front, looking like she wanted to eat him alive. Even the guys seemed almost captivated by him. I couldn't blame them, I was trying very hard not to stare too openly, hence the doodling. And he had to pick on me. Great.

I looked back up at him, trying not to look away from his powerful gaze, "I'm sorry, Professor. I'll pay attention now."

My voice was steadier than my head, which was in a turmoil.

He held my gaze for a few more seconds, eyes stormy but unreadable from where I was sitting at the back of the room, before he turned around and continued his speech which had something to do with modern architecture and the second world war. I think.

If someone told me a few months ago that Brandon Chase was teaching architecture at Columbia, I would have laughed. Even though its just one semester-- whatever's left of it, that is-- which includes four seminars, Brandon Chase is not the kind of person you'd find teaching. And he was doing a pretty good job too. His easy grace and powerful presence capturing everyone's attention. Except mine, apparently.

He's the rich, spoilt, son of famous mogul, Harold Chase, who passed away four years ago. Since then, Brandon has been running his father's business.

The most eligible bachelor of New York, the enigmatic CEO, was standing in front of the class ranting about architecture.

And he just looked at me like I was any other student. The bastard had been best friends with my older brother since kindergarten and he doesn't even recognize me? To top it off, he'd picked on me. The initial pang of hurt was replaced by fury.

After the seminar, I gather my books and storm out of the classroom.

Brandon Chase could kiss my ass. I wasn't Katrina or Kathy Grey anymore. I was Katherine. The new, cool, composed Katherine. I had escaped the ghosts of my past. Brandon Chase just reminded me of them, I so did not need drama in my life right now.

I started at Columbia a few months ago. So far, I was loving it. The campus was beautiful, the people were nice, kept to themselves, and I'd found a perfect apartment with an amazing roommate. I was falling in love with New York.

"Hey, Kathy! Wait up!" A female voice called behind me as I rushed out of the classroom. So much for not being Kathy anymore.

I whirled to find my short, adorable roommate jogging to catch up with me.

Nikki Greene, my roommate, was a student at Columbia too. She was about five feet tall with a slim but curvy figure and shoulder length blonde hair. But her best feature were her huge, chocolate brown eyes. It would melt the coldest person's heart.

"Hey Nik," I gave her a small smile as she caught up with me and we started walking out of campus.

"Why did you run off like that?" She asked, her thin brows furrowed.

"I just..have a lot on my mind." I waved my hand dismissively, "I have a paper tomorrow."

Nikki looked skeptical but shrugged, letting it go. One of the things I loved about her. She didn't dig up dirt or hover over me.

"Oh, okay." Then her big eyes lit up, "So, how hot is Brandon Chase? I mean, I could stare at him all day." She sighed dramatically.

I forced a grin. He was the last thing I wanted to talk about.

"You are so lucky he was friends with your brother. We could totally take advantage of that." She giggled.

I'd told her about how I knew him. Not the whole story though, just the edited part.

I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, Nikki. I know the guy's hot but I'm not gonna be another Diana Simons for him." I countered.

Jeez, I needed coffee.

Nikki snickered, "She's a whore. Did you look at her neckline today? Jeesh. It was like, in your face. And the way she was trying to get his attention, I don't know whom I feel more sorry for, Brandon Chase or her. That girl needs therapy."

I laughed out loud. Nikki was entertaining when bitching about someone.

"Let's grab some coffee before we head home." I muttered uselessly, since that was what we always did.

Caffeine is like magic elixir. It revives you from the dead. Well, it revives me from the dead. Nikki and I had instantly bonded over our love for coffee.

"Brandon Chase is like this eclair." Nikki stated as she held up a delicious eclair we'd picked up on our way with the coffee.

"Unless they sell him at starbucks, I don't see the resemblance." I muttered, biting into mine.

Mm.. Heaven.

Nikki rolled her eyes.

"No, silly. You see, he's just so tempting and yummy and you know he's delicious before you even try him. And once you do, you can't get enough of him even though you know you're probably gonna gain five pounds after its over." She sighed dramatically.

"Okay, now I'm officially confused. Are we talking food or professor?" I said with a full mouth, "Besides, are you forgetting you have a boyfriend? His name starts with a D and ends with an N?"

"Hey, Dan is the love of my life but a girl is allowed to have fantasies." She muttered then her big eyes lit up and she looked at me, "Speaking of my boyfriend, he wants to take us dancing tonight. You have to come."

Dan and Nikki were the cutest couple I knew and Dan was a really great guy. He was really nice to me and they were made for each other.

They'd taken me out in the city everyday when I'd first arrived to New York from Los Angeles a few months ago.

I just felt like I was always the third wheel on their nights out.

"I don't know," I picked at my eclair, "I mean, I don't want to be a third wheel Nik. You and Dan have been so nice to me--"

"Bullshit." Nikki interjected, "I won't hear it. You're coming. You know we love hanging out with you, hun. Besides," I caught a mischievous gleam in her eyes as she squirmed with excitement on the couch next to me, "the manager at La Plush? His name is Ron, and I swear he looks just like Channing Tatum. Not exaggerating. You guys would totally hit it off."

I rolled my eyes and snickered. There you go.

Nikki had been trying to set me up with someone since the day we met.

"So you have an ulterior motive for taking me. And here I thought you just enjoyed my company." I sniffed sarcastically. "Oh, I do enjoy your company, hun. That's why I want you to enjoy his company, amongst other things." She winked at me as she got off the couch and headed to her room.

I grinned and shook my head.

This is gonna be entertaining, unfortunately, not for me.

ivy93
ivy93
4 Followers