All Comments on 'Brownwood: Hedge Funds Ch. 02'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 191 Comments
OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
You are a hell off a writer

I can't wait to read the coming comments.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 9 years ago
KRASH

Man, did this ever come crashing down. I thought chapter one was quite promising but this chapter is truly awful. I don't want to be unkind but this is not adult.

amyyumamyyumover 9 years ago
Hey dude you almost pulled off the impossible

I thought that it was impossible to write a second chapter that would appeal to almost everyone (there are some assholes who never like anything and give even the best work a 1), but you came damn close. The BTB crowd can hardly consider you a wimp when you got a 3 to 1 return on affairs and ruined her asshole lover. The reconciliation fans also have some solace because it looks like things just might work out.

There might not be many women who would stay married after what happened - I can't say whether or not I would because I never will have an affair and would divorce my husband immediately if he did -- but women are normally more forgiving than men are because there ego is normally not as involved.

So you walked the line between the BTB crowd and the happy ending fans about as close as humanly possible in a very original tale.

In summary, what's not to like? 5*

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 9 years ago
Remarkable

Not much to say that Amyum didn't already say.

A near perfect tightrope walk in the loving wives section, and that my friend is no easy feat. A very original story with plenty of depth and twists and character. An easy five stars.

Looking forward to more of you work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Story ?

What started out as a promising good story turned into unbelievable, implausible macho bullshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well done

and sorry to see it come to a close. well done, well written. looking at the story from the mechanical side, well developed. the emotional side could have used some work but you could still feel the characters pain. enjoyed and well done!

javmor79javmor79over 9 years ago
5 stars

Excellent story. While I wasn't a fan of the 3 to 1 revenge, I understood his reasoning. Also, a happy ending always makes me happy.

I do like how realistic the recovery was. It wasn't instantaneous like most reconciliation stories are. It was still an ongoing process at the end of the story. A declaration of love does not wipe out a betrayal. Forgiveness of a betrayal doesn't happen in a single moment of clarity. It is usually a daily commitment that has to be made until the pain is a memory.

Ducky7Ducky7over 9 years ago
Well done.

Not a true BTB story but a got my own back. Could have gone both ways and still has the potential of a third chapter if the author feels the need.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

So sick of the wimpy gay married crap posted on Loving Wifes. Hope some makes a gay cuck area soon. Loved your story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Who will write this type story??????

I am curiouse of that when an Author will write a story among the very few story type.

A cheating wife and a reconciliation (may be for the sake of the kids) and 5-10-15 year later the husband leaves the wife for another (younger, better etc..) woman.

This type is VERY-VERY-VERY rarly. WHY do not the consequence author try?

Duna

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic revenge

I like what David did. And I understand why he did it, there was no way he could stay married to her and compete with her memories of a 'big cock' and all the nasty things she did with another man.

But sometimes love isn't enough and its best for all to leave the pain and hurt behind.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
I have been waiting impatiently for this one

And thank you for having finished it in a timely manner.

Well written, seems realistic, didn't notice any errors, so that is three stars right there.

Did I like or love this story? I loved it.

So five stars.

I'm a touch surprised she didn't detect any of this herself, but it's the one 'Get out of jail' free card. I'll buy it as the results of her guilt. I am not sure I bought all of his reasoning, but it was real to him and I can see HIS logic. On reconsideration, it isn't a bad analogy at all.

Thank you and keep writing. Liked it much more than Burning Bridges. I also liked this better than your other tale, but I consider that second better than Bridges.

Your inclusion of a pries of Brownwood suggests you are going to try a geographic story arc ala Rhenquist and DQS. I welcome such fare. It allows the consistent readers a chance to revisit favorite characters. Because stories never really end...the writer just stops writing.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
great

i dont think he cheated. how can you break something (his vows) that are already broken. once your spouse breaks their vows and if you want to stay married, then fine thats your personal call. but dont say that what he did was as bad as what she did. it wasnt. although cheating can be very subjective. are we talking an affair, or a one time drunken mistake. hell i got friends that consider their wife dancing to close to another man cheating. i also know people that dont mind their wife openly flirting with other men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great job

Not a RAAC, but a plausible "tear it all down and start again" that shared the burden well between the husband and wife. And I appreciated the ironic symmetry of her also having to "put this behind her" even as she and the counselor asked him to. His actions were neither childish nor spiteful.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 9 years ago
Great Story

This was just the right length, timely conclusion and a well thought out storyline...an enjoyable read. After reading this I read all your Literotica stories...I hope you continue to make contributions...thanks for a great story.

green117green117over 9 years ago
Interesting conclusion

The three revenge affairs are a taxonomy of your analysis of the damage to marriage (or the marriage in the story) due to the affair... and the hesitancy of the third affair (the "love" affair) was well done.

I earlier suggested that I didn't think the length of the second part was going to be long enough. I'm surprised with what you accomplished with the space you used. By putting the revenge affairs in the past you could use description rather than narration to convey your points, at the cost of the immediacy of narration. By stacking the revenge in this way, the response of the protagonist could be compressed as well - again, unfortunately at a cost in intensity.

The conspiring between Mark and the protagonist was not addressed - sweeping under the rug that part makes the trust issue unresolved as well. While the trust issue - the "must give up on hedge funds" - point was well made at the conclusion, it wasn't strongly supported in the body.

So, the story was moved a bit from the dramatic to the didactic. Still, very good... my comments are more to sketch what I see as the compromises made to get the piece out. Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding time and energy for a little flash piece I have in mind, so I'm not being superior here.

5 stars for this one from me. Your previous stuff I would not grade as highly - I see improvement. Good show!

Green-something

Mostera1Mostera1over 9 years ago
Fine job!!

An excellent story of marital strife with a plausible resolution. David tore the rest of the marriage down in hopes of rebuilding on level ground. I liked how you equated the four years afterwards as a second affair. That argument and logic were sound. Her comment regarding cow chips made me laugh, but she was so right.

The only improbability was him having affairs with three different types of women, young, experienced, and passionate. A bit of a stretch, but so what. Her clueless to his affairs was perfection.

Since this is the opening story to the "Brownwood" series, I am curious if we will learn if they survive after the children moved out. Did the sins of the past become a memory or the sharpened nails of their final coffin?

A poignantly well crafted tale. I look forward to more. Your plots are refreshing.

Thank you,

M1*****

cap5356cap5356over 9 years ago
story

very well written story. it shows how fragile a marriage actually is and how trust plays a major role in it. not talking in a marriage will destroy it in time usually

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Good but...

It is true that two wrongs do not make a right. What she did ended their marriage. With the marriage over except for the paperwork, he was free to do as he pleased. You see, she changed the rules with her arrogant affair. Arrogant because she thought she was hot shit and could live beyond the rules and her husband would be too stupid to find out. In reality, all she did was to debase herself and smear herself and her family with dishonor. What he did was what a lot of people do after a failed relationship, they search for the self they lost, for the intimacy they lost and for the love they lost. Married in name only, they were not truly married. It is kind of the opposite of two people living together in a common law relationship, not married on paper but married all the same! Infidelity is a lethal bomb in a relationship. It ALWAYS kills a marriage or other relationship. The two people may continue to coexist but the marriage is DEAD. He gave her a second chance without having to go through the divorce, damage to the kids, reconciliation and remarriage scenario. For an arrogant slut, that is more than she deserves and the least she can do for the kids. Meanwhile, David is sacrificing years more of his life to stay with a piece of shit and turning down the potential that he found in Ann Marie.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
small surprise

In the beginning of the first chapter she mentions Mark wanting to resume their affair, it is a small surprise that it is never mentioned by David.

She had broken the marriage, so was what David did really cheating?

A broken contract is no longer binding.

This is a more plausible reconciliation than many here, it is not a case of negotiating from weakness or blanket forgiveness for the unforgivable.

Well done.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Second Affair

I agree with hubby's remark that her not at least transferring out of Mark's area, if not leaving the job completely is like a second affair.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Well done.

A reconciliation I did not think was possible.

BelgiumBelgiumover 9 years ago
Not a plausible solution at all

Not a plausible solution at all. The story should not have ended as a reconcillation but in a divorce. I have nothing against reconcillation when warranted and believable (I’m not Harry in VA). But this wasn’t a believable plot. In a way this is a RAAC story, but then from the perspective of the wife.

Who is morally the worst person? A woman who has one affair lasting a total of four weeks but is remorseful about it, bever confesses to her husband but tries to be the best wife she can in the following years? Or a man who –in revenge for her betrayal – secretely has three affairs lasting over many years…

I’d say the latter betrayal is far worse because it was both spiteful and premeditated. Two wrongs doesn’t make a right. I am not giving the cheating wife a free pass but if he thought it to be too difficult to stomach the fact she had an affair and reconcile via an other way, he should have confronted her and divorced her. The way he acted would never work in real life. She torched the marriage putting it on lifesupport but he drove a stake through it, burned it and then shoved the ashes in a dumpster.

In all turns he has shown himself to be the the ultimate hypocrite. Firstly over a long term he has muliple revenge affairs. Secondly his remark that her not at least transferring out of Mark's area, if not leaving the job completely is like a second affair, is baloney. He however has no qualms to be in a business relationship (the shop) with one of his lovers for a considerate time AFTER reconciling with his wife. That’s the perfect example of a double standard.

"Tear it all down and start again" frankly doesn’t work and is a pipedream. You can’t build a new revamped relationship upon ruins. The saying that he did it to save his marriage is frankly simply ludicrous and unbelievable. He simply added to the wounds and in real life his actions would have made sure that a nasty divorce would be the only outcome. To use the analogy from the story: she might have burned half the bedchamber, but he overdid it and not only destroyed the rest of the room but he made sure to torch the entire house in the process.

The marriage is dead. He purposely put a stake through it. He has become so vengeful, angry and petty that any reconcilliation between the two should have been a non starter. They would be both better of apart than together.The fact she gives in and tries to (succesfully?) reconcile is more because she has no money. But it is simply not logical nor rational and frankly nor is it safe. She has become a hostage to her marriage, not an equal partner. In the long run he made sure distrust will reign supreme and the marriage will not survive.

PS: Well written though!

jasonnhjasonnhover 9 years ago
Interesting

The classic counseling view is that revenge is destructive. This story gives a different view. The destruction has already been done to half of the marriage. To rebuild without revenge, David would have been the one that needed to recover. Sarah would simply wait for him to recover, forgive her, and accept the situation. Note that most people like David, in this type of situation, NEVER fully recover. Most humans may learn to accommodate themselves to what happened but the experience leaves scarring. People with scarring learn that scarred tissue is less able to feel and not as flexible. Meanwhile, what price would Sarah pay? Certainly the pain of exposure and the loss of David's trust. But all in all, far less than David.

David decides that fairness demands Sarah suffer as well. And David needs some personal recovery to rebuild his confidence and self esteem. Now the scales are balanced. Sarah has paid a significant price that has taught her the cost of betrayal. It also put doubt in her mind about her standing as a partner just like David had. She really has an understanding of how David feels.

This certainly would not be my solution to a wife that had an affair and lied about it for years while continuing to work with her lover. However, the story does a good job of showing why it IS a solution for David.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 9 years ago
Excellent Writing

One of the most interesting views on how to save a marriage I've every read. Really quite genius, balancing the scales nicely and making it hard for her to walk away. Very entertaining, Thank you

JounarJounarover 9 years ago
5*

Another outstanding tale and what an amazing amount of story for just 3 pages.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Complete and total BS

Besides the MAJOR, make or break issue of trust ( Ch 2:" I knew those things might someday be restored but they'd only be A SHADOW of what they once were."), now when they are having sex....

She gets to remember how he revenge cuckolded her 8 times for every once she did it with not one, but 3 different women, and how HE INITIATED each of these affairs INTENDED to hurt her & which he INTENDED to show her.

While

He gets to remember VIVIDLY how much better she liked sex with her better endowed lover.

Kids or no kids, chances of that marriage surviving: 0.00%

YathinkYathinkover 9 years ago
I think not. Good writing however.

Each time he remembers wife having "oh my gawd!!" better sex with her lover, not even a bottle of Viagra would help him. Nor would he want to take it.

Further, his getting revenge would do nothing to help him overcome her betrayal.

And exactly how do you ever again trust someone who could lie to you for 4 years??

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Are you sure you

aren't JPB. Please take it as a compliment. He is an excellent writer and story teller.

shaman43shaman43over 9 years ago
Sophistry

is just bs without the odor. The hubby really needs to cause pain to feel even. It is never even. He is a the villain in this story. She needs to get a back bone and leave his butt. I hated his character with extreme passion. His rational for his actions is nonsensical. I am left with an unclean feeling about my skin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
You left out an important item:

The husband has control of the money. To protect herself, she needed to establish a way to protect the money they both earned so that when the kids leave he cannot pull the same stunt on her.. Clearly he intends to leave her and with the trick he played before, she needs to be able to set aside a sizable sum so it will not disappear again. In many ways neither of these people is likable, but I have to say in the end, I like her more. Both did terrible things. but he gave up the high moral ground and essentially made it impossible to heal their wounds. He will leave in the end no matter what she does to make things better because he believes he was justified in his cheating, and she knows she was not. In fact, in many ways, he gave her back moral standing in this. They did not end out equal in this no matter what the husband thinks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A New Take

A very interesting read. Very different, lots of surprises.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
Interesting take

Not sure David's solution was right ( and BTW, I totally called that he had had affair too), but the key is it was right for him. He was the first injured and -if we take him at face value that he wanted to try to save the marriage - this was what he needed to do. He made it clear that it might not be tolerable to his wife, but she created the imbalance that he dealt with as he could.

Would I do it? Like Amyyum, I wouldn't cheat and wouldn't tolerate cheating, so it's easy for me to say what I would do, but I don't think it would be this. But, what made this story interesting to me, was that David wasn't like most victims of cheating on LW. He did what he needed to do and that was the story.

It was different, interesting, well written. 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
revenge?

So why did his first affair start a month or two before Rachel gave him the evidence of her affair which in fact amounted to a couple of quickies at a seminar.

I think he is a complete wanker and has no consideration for his kids ir those of the women he became involved with.

Thanks for the read and the time you spent.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Simply Exquisite Solution

Raymond was a victim of prescribed thinking when he regurgitated the old platitude; "Two wrongs don't make a right." Typical book learned response. He was a misinformed idiot! What he and the slut wife failed to understand was that David wasn't trying to save the marriage, David was trying to save David.

He wasn't getting revenge! He was fighting back! (The revenge came later).

He was fighting for all those intangibles (you know: pride, positive temperament and disposition, self esteem, strength/energy, confidence, etc.) all that stuff that was part of Davids former pre-cuckholded self. The intangibles that let him look into a mirror every morning and not turn away in self loathing and disgust.

Leveling the playing field (battlefield) for the future of the marriage negotiations was not wrong, it was necessary.

(Hell! Even I might even have been tempted to hang around, at least until the kids were old enough and/or moved out).

So who ever said; "Two wrongs don't make a right." Was WRONG!

Two "wrongs" can most definitely make it right! Especially if one of the wrongs wasn't wrong at all.

FINALLY we have a new writer that isn't some kind of a cream pie eating, non-man bitch writer.

From what little I have been able to read, the effluvia from the current spate of wimpy wannabe's has been dismally disgusting. They have caused me more than a little amount of nausea.

But I digress! You know it's getting pretty bad when I start sounding like that Barry in California guy.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 9 years ago
Well, I hate to tell you that I told you so but...

... I told you so. Actually, I'm lying because I LOVE to tell you that I told you so. Of course, as I said in my comments after Ch. 01, the dead give away was the female POV. Also, when it looks like shit, smells like shit, and tastes like shit, guess what? It's usually shit.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 9 years ago
I agree

I agree with Zed0 100%. This marriage is dead. It died with the wife's breach of trust. Waiting for the children to grow up is just delaying the burial.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
It will be difficult...

It will be difficult to this marriage to survive, but I'm optimistic guy and believe they will survive and get stronger after their kids leave...

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 9 years ago
This was the best

story in a very long time! It had everything, it had tension, it had a plot (objective) and it contained justice. The justice is debatable, whether it was too much or to cruel can be argued both ways. For a story, revenge like this is very satisfying but in real life there is little hope for a couple in similar circumstance. Five giant stars! I look forward to many more stories from this author.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
Rated a 4 but was disappointing compared to the first installment

Didnt have the dramatic tensiion, never got me as emotionally involved as the first part of the story. The resolution was interesting, in that the husband had this whole other life he was leading, Thx for your efforts and looking forward to more of your work.

RonG1941RonG1941over 9 years ago
BTB:

This story is so inferior to your other LOVING WIFE stories not related to 'Brownwood'. As much as I enjoyed your first two LOVING WIFE stories I didn't even read chapter 1, and this one sucked. You had better start writing some BTB stories or your future here is defiantly in question.

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 9 years ago
Good story overall.

I enjoyed the story even if I didn't like the path chosen by the characters (revenge sex and reconciliation). It was well written and plausible. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story

I suspect that, in real life, the wife would have been more upset, and had more trust and betrayal issues, concerning the fact that this guy stole her money, then this woman seemed to. But thanks for posting.

IrfonIrfonover 9 years ago
Absolutely Brilliant...

...for the first time,a story that clearly SHOWS the damage that cheating causes - IN DETAIL!!

The harsh reality is that for years,there will be pain and doubts.

All so very well expressed in this excellently written story.

Payback sure is a Bitch....

RedPillRedPillover 9 years ago
Original, whether or not one likes the path chosen

I gave it a 5.

I agree that the part about "your job was a second affair" has merit and is an interesting twist. The pain and difficulty of recovery and angst about the path to choose, along with the difficulty involved with any possible path, also seems realistic.

It held my attention, was thought provoking and enjoyable. Whether or not one agrees with the actions of the husband and wife, IMO those things merit five stars.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
She says Mark was attacked by a "jealous husband...?"

More like a justice-seeking avenging husband, I'd say.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. The husband used logic in planning his revenge against his wife's affair. It also made up for the four years of lying by omission. In this case the revenge sex worked. It's just a shame that this would not work in real life. The marriage would not have lasted past the husband finding out about the affair. There would have been no need for revenge sex, which doesn't work. In fiction, however, it makes for an excellent read. Author I believe every tale you have written so far has been excellent. Keep up the good work.

Five Stars

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

Five stars. What an ending.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Wife's real infidelity.

The true infidelity in this story was that the wife transferred her allegiance to her coworker from her husband. That started the downhill on the marriage. Once she had done that it was easy to physically cheat, but not so easy to transfer her allegiance back when she quit screwing the boss. She stayed in his orbit, she allowed him into her home and allowed him to be in situations where he could look down at her husband, which unless you are a woman, you know that he was. She convinced herself that although what she had done was "slightly" wrong she made up for it by allowing her husband some of the "perks" that the boss had been given. And even when she started to think that the husband knew something instead of confronting him and working it out she called to boss and warned him and even commiserated with him that it was not a good thing that her husband knew. She even called him a second time to chat about what was going on. Allegiance still in the wrong place. Then during the counseling she keeps trying to show how much she was hurt by what hubby did and that she had paid the price for her "little" indiscretion during the 4 year making it up to him, sort of, time period. Of course the little bitch psychologist agreed with her, hubby was being mean and stuff. (and yes I know the story stated that the psych was a guy, still a little bitch). With her conversations and her video stuff she took all three of the things away from her husband that he used the affairs to get back. And neither she nor her little bitch psych dude saw it or understood it. I agree with the husband, if she can't handle the fruit she shouldn't have planted the tree. And then nurtured it for so long.

Very well written. I also agree that neither of the characters were very likeable, but she chose her actions, he reacted into his after she had destroyed what he had been before that affair of hers.

AlabamermanAlabamermanover 9 years ago
Well Done

Just found your stories and can say that I truly enjoy them. I hope you will submit many more. I have nothing negative to say about your skill in presenting the material. As I said, "well done" in all respects.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Wasn't really "revenge sex"

As he explains it, the first affair was to reassure his self-doubts and feelings of inadequacy that followed his discover that his wife had chosen another man over him; the second was to educate himself to be a better lover; and the third was clearly intended to repair his ability to feel affection and trust for a woman. The "revenge" component was his keeping all three a secret from his cheating wife, in the same way that she kept her cheating and disrespect a secret from him. And since her deception was four years long and his only a year and a half, three women more or less over his more or less equals one man over hers.

Have to wonder how much of the "lost" investments he's really got squirreled away somewhere. He "loaned" money to one woman, and most likely never expects to get any of it back, spent money traveling across the country to be with all three and then had his wife and her lover followed by PIs for a year and a half, which had to be really expensive. Finally, his wife reports that his "lost" investments took a turn for the "better," recouping most of the "losses," and that his investment in the third lover's boutique returned a profit as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
4*s

Mostly excellent!! Entertaining ,emotional rollercoaster !!

Better than your 2nd posting and much better than the 1st. You are a star in the LW sky. How bright will you be DFW ? Another DQS1 or better ?? Excited to see as.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
First class!

Best story on here for a long time!

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
Five big ones from me all day long...

I enjoyed this very much. I usually don't go along with revenge affairs but you pulled this off very well. Bravo!

DepopuloDepopuloover 9 years ago

self cuck automatic 1/5 but to be expected

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Not exactly a glowing recommendation for reconciliation.

It doesn't seem worth it. If not for their kids, I'd say "no way".

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Story went sour!

Excellent beginning. Second chapter turned into a disaster by converting him into a wimp. Too bad..story had potential.

RustyactionRustyactionover 9 years ago
Keep up the good work

You write very well and its actually believable!

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 9 years ago
Reconciliation, Everyone Deserves a Second Chance !

A great story which the author has pulled off well, considering the story included infidelity, lies, betrayal, humiliation, limited cuckolding, revenge, irony, reconciliation all coupled together with finance !

I particularly liked the angle the author used for the husband to let his lover stay at the house with him and his wife. The fact that the wife had the same emotional turmoil feelings her husband wemt through. It were this story differs from others. As mostly the hot wife gets all the sex, the husband either puts up with it or leaves, or husband has to forgive the cheating wife unconditionally !

For a change the husband got more sex in the affairs than his wife and even the potential of actually replacing her. So not unsurprisingly he had his financial plan for protection against divorce.

Of course in the real world that is not as easy to accomplish.

Bloody good story

HardFeltHardFeltover 9 years ago
Well written story

Well designed and well written. I do not like wimps and I hate despise cheaters.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Cheaters without morals would have been a better title.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
sorry, but she still doesn't get it

When she was listing her options, working on and rebuilding the marriage was not first. She was still concerned about possible negative consequences for Mark, the serial cheater. She had enough disregard for her husband to tell him about Mark being beaten by a jealous husband, as if he should care. She kept calling Mark to warn him they had been discovered. She stayed in Mark's department as his coworker. If she had any common or business sense, she surely must have seen the ongoing affairs Mark continued to have. And, by counting down the days till her youngest graduates, she is still holding part of herself back, hedging her bets.

dyonysosdyonysosover 9 years ago
@rightbank

Let's not forget that her affair was finished for years,ok,she still worked with him but theyrs, as the husband said himself,was good teamwork,he dammaged in no way theyr workingrelation,why for god sake wouldn't she warn him about what hubby discovered ? where is the harm? as far as i can tell they weren't ennemies and theyr affair was finished years ago ,do you suggest that she should participate in hubbys revenge?? Wouldn't that be total hipocrisy??

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
Fascinating

The number of commentators who are angry that the husband was able to negotiate the reconciliation from a position of strength. Their attitude seems to be how dare a wounded man restore his pride and confidence after being cruelly betrayed.

As I said in my first comment you are one hell of a writer possibly the best on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Finally

an LE author that knows the difference between "loose" and "lose". Great story too.

JounarJounarover 9 years ago

@dyonysos

But she is a hypocrite. She did go along with hubby's revenge and toss loverboy under the bus with the sexual harassment lawsuit and took money from the company she was in no way due. She choose to have an affair with her boss which is in no way sexual harassment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please keep writing!

I loved the way you were able to depict both sides to this conflict. The wife having gotten away with her affair for 4 years felt entitled to be spared what she put her husband through because of "two wrongs do not make a right" saying. What she forgets is that she damaged her husband's whole world where she was the center. It also seems that she stopped the affair not because of guilt /remorse but what she could lose career wise. So you have a wife with a boss she has had an affair with 4 years ago and that boss making moves on her for 2 years since his divorce? So she continues working closely with that boss with her own marriage going through problems during that period. Problems fed by her deceit and arrogance. For all David knows she could once again go back to her superior lover and leave him on the curb. Instead of accepting the costs for damaging this marriage you get the sense that she is still trying to even the scales in her favor. Thanks for an outstanding story! How about recasting story from David's POV?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
CUNT

This cunt says that she decided to not say anything more about Mark in front of David anymore.......that's great because she already tore the heart out of her husband by praising Mark in the videos! I hate this bitch with a passion and I feel that David is a hero AND a wimp because he got his revenge on Mark (hero) and he stayed with his cheating whore wife (wimp).

As the bitch mentioned, one of the possibilities were to stay together and continue to hurt one another. This is EXACTLY the reason I don't believe in staying together after either man or woman cheats......because the cheating is always in the back of their minds (no matter what the councelers say) and either consciously or subconsciously the bad, vengeful thoughts continue all throughout the rest of the relationship. I find that staying together for the "children's sake" is a bunch of psycho-babble and crap that weaklings use to soothe their wimpy consciences.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Good

I wished there had been a little epilogue from David. In reality, once the kids are gone what is there to hold you together? Love? Not in this marriage. She stabbed him in the heart and his love leaked out. He got her too, and while she knew she made him react that way, her love was leaking out too. In the end, they will both be well off enough to be financially independent of each other. That combined with the lack of love will end the marriage. Sadly for the slut, women her age usually do not fair that well in the dating world. David however will be at his peak earning potential and have women beating his door down hoping to get him to stamp their meal ticket. What a wonderful world!

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
David already said it

They have a few years until the kids are grown to build something new to hold them together after. She trashed what they had before with her affair and her deceit, and then he bulldozed the wreckage away with his so they could try to start over on equal footing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
That is a really smart good story....

I loved it.............bill

5sssssssssssssss

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
Interestingly enough, his plan would make perfect sense between two guys.

Referring to some form of fight...

One guy can consider that he owes another guy a free shot at him. And once that free shot is delivered, though there might be some swearing, they can go ahead on equal footing.

There's no way for her to UNHURT him and now they're effectively equally hurt. If he had not done what he did, he'd have ALWAYS been the one giving (his forgiveness and his pride) and she'd have ALWAYS been the one feeling guilty over it.

Maybe their love won't be enough to get them through this but at least they'll BOTH be experiencing giving and guilt. Hopefully, experiencing both and knowing the other is as well will temper the effects of each.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Amazing RAAC story

Congrats. Powerful and amazing RAAC story Five out of five. And I don't give fives lightly. Usually only to my favourite authors like DanielQSteele, Jezzaz and Ohio. I'm trying to think of constructive criticism. I would have liked to have seen how they handled their outside lives during the counselling. I know the kids were away but I would have like a little about how they were interacting with them and protecting them while they tried to resolve their situation. Did they buy back the lake property? That would have been symbolic. Also I noticed another commenter said they would have liked to have heard from David at the end. So would I. Regardless I really enjoyed this story. Lastly, ignore the BTB crowd who will hate this story.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
HEDGING SAVES MANY THINGS

especially money and marriage. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

I think for me it would be the only shot the marriage had also. Two wrongs don't make it right but it sure as hell helps the wronged party feel better and give the guilty party a chance to feel how bad it hurts trying to understand why you would do it. He had to deal with that for years and than listen to her describe how great he was in bed than the insult to it all having to watch and hear it on video. He would also never truly have known if there wasn't sneaky nearing inside the office . Everyone can say the revenge was bad but it was caused by what she had done if she was always honest and faithful than he wouldn't have felt he needed to do what he did

bruce22bruce22about 9 years ago
Terribly painful choice.

I have the feeling that it would be hard to find two people to make the choices in this story. Every one really ought to explode, except I find myself rooting for them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Amazingly good work

It's very hard to paint a reconciliation that doesn't leave a bad taste, but you succeeded brilliantly. I doubt I would have been as smart or as strong as the David character, which is why I so admire the approach you had him take.

To those who say "two wrongs don't make a right," utter nonsense! Either you are a sucker for punishment, or you don't understand that a contract (including a social contract like marriage) is only in force as long as ALL parties to the contract remain in compliance with its terms. If I stop building your house according to the agreed-upon schedule, do you still continue making the payments ?

The old marriage contract was dead as soon as she had her affair, and so David was no longer bound by it. So he in no sense had an (or three) "affairs" of his own. Yes, he kept secrets from his so-called wife(again, she breached the contract), but once she hed lied to him (by commission and by omission), he was no longer constrained to total honesty to her. So because of her own actions, he never "did her a wrong" at all. Why, other than masochism, to be a total sucker or emotional punching-bag, should he honor vows she'd already broken ?

What he did was to seek a form of justice. He PUNISHED her for her transgression. And that's what we ALL do to those who commit serious transgressions. In so doing, he taught her how it REALLY felt. And amazingly, he gave her a chance to do what she asked HIM to do -- "forgive." In other words, he leveled the playing field, giving them a chance to start off as equals. A brilliant approach. If they stay together, each can be sure the other's "I'm sorry" is not simply lip-service.

And that he had 3 flings to her 1 is excellent. He did not choose to set fire to their marriage, so by going (quantitatively) "farther" than she did, he taught her that she no long had any right to call the shots. The old rules (fidelity) were no longer in effect, so why should he be expected to have only 1 fling ? As they say, "If you can't to the time, don't do the crime." Once you choose to break rules, don't b*tch if your punishment is more unpleasant that you want.

That this may be the longest comment I've yet posted here is a good indication how much I enjoyed this. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No way; she ruined the marriage.

Every moment when he is awake he will remember her cuckolding him and lying to him. Every act in bed he will be wondering if she is remembering Mark. He needed to stay in the marriage until the kids left home and then cut himself free.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Mr. Spock's guide to saving a marriage. Use logic .

But,sadly, genuine relationships are fueled by emotions , not logic.

Maybe , he is a Vulcan . lol.

IrfonIrfonalmost 9 years ago
Superbly written story !!

Put together, to produce a really excellent read - whilst hitting many "-isms" that occur in real life,I still felt that the character portrayed as the Wife,showed some very unattractive traits that are common to many women in real life.

The pain that she 'alledgedly' felt,still didn't assuage her shame at the thrill her lover gave her over her husband - which she freely admitted was far better than with her husband - and now she was locked into that most uncomfortable situation,that of being "Hoist with her OWN Petard"....the only escape being Divorce,and ALL caused by her Selfishness.

To stay with a 'Wife' like her - takes massive balls.

I could not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
late reader 2015

I guess we found out how he knew that Mark had a big cock and was better at fucking then he was. I would like to have heard what she said to Mark besides ,praising his fucking ability and his cock size, she also must have said something about Davids lack of being a good fuck or some other demeaning things, know I have read a lot of you who have made the comment the cock size doesn't mean much to a woman, but it sure means something to a man , and when his prowess in bed is marginalized, it would destroy his confidence he himself, especially hearing it come from the lips of the woman he loves, he would never again attempt to have sex with her, every time that she would try to instigate sex he would know that she would be comparing him to Mark and she would be wishing she was fucking Mark instead of him, and he would loose his erection, that's the truth, believe it or not. No man could recover from such humiliation.This marriage is over toast done

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good but long

this is good story but davids explanation dragged on.

actually i dont get how any man can leave tori or anna n go back to humiliating wife.

hansbwlhansbwlover 8 years ago
Revenge, Good or Bad?

Research has proven that people who extraxt revenge are doing worse afterwards, than people who does't. Good for thought? The saying "the best revenge is living well afterwards" does carry a sensible meaning. In real life, David's life afterwards would have been unhappy I'm sure.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 8 years ago
I don't care how many condiments you have

A shit sandwich is still a shit sandwich.

elHosedelHosedover 8 years ago
Revenge? Didn't seem like it...

...seemed like David's so called revenge was actually a process of healing for himself rather then really being revenge. Sure, his actions hurt his wife, but they were taken not to hurt her, but to heal from the pain she caused and explore his emotions for her.

Given, under normal circumstances his actions would have been atrocious, but as the character points out quite aptly, she freed him from all obligations that would have made those actions so.

In the end, his wife was extremely selfish and hopefully facing the consequences of hurtful acts (intended or not) will make her a better person.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Revenge

While I'm not totally on board with his "revenge" affairs, I can sort of see his logic of her affair burning down half the bedroom, and his affairs finishing the destruction to allow for a clean re-build.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Further Thoughts

“I'd done things with Mark that I hadn't done with David until after the affair.” – Once again, the, IMHO, unforgivable sin of giving the lover what the husband doesn’t get!

“I wouldn't be surprised if the slut had a donkey tied up next to her bed at night.” – LOL, she’s one to talk about sluts!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Five stars.

Perfectly played and a very balancing repayment story.

I don't look at it as revenge, just serving his dumb ass wife the same shitty dish she made him eat.

She gets it now and she needed to.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 8 years ago
Excellent story - well written and interesting

In terms of plot, this one made sense. Not sure that the marriage will survive once the kids leave home - they may grow apart at that point (or not). Writing: reasonably concise, good dialogue, and well-paced.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 8 years ago
Great Story Except

Did you mean for her character to "not get it?" All the way to the bitter end she was debating whether she should walk away...frankly, if it's even a question to her, she should do him a favor and just walk away. No real remorse there, but again, maybe that was your intent. Loved the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Negative Five Stars!

Horseshit!

Please stop writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I've got a sad, sad tale to tell.... This guy is fucking nuts to waste another ten seconds of his time on this thick headed slut.

You wrote: ((( I still struggle with the severity of his 'revenge.' Raymond was right, two wrongs didn't make it right, it just damaged it even more. )))

This obviously Democrat slut refuses to acknowledge and face the fact that her husband would never have done what he did if she hadn't betrayed her wedding vows by spreading her legs and letting Mr. Super Cock fuck her and cum in the cunt that she'd vowed to forsake (deny) to all others.

The Justice was that Mr. Super Cock's wife was onto his game and was having it documented... otherwise, the slut would have lived her life reminiscing about those four months when she was being thrilled at getting the fuckings of a lifetime.... and maybe thinking that, one day two or three years down the road, she might decide to start occasionally taking advantage of the week in Chicago with Mr. Super Cock for a trip down memory lane. Of course, after the first week, she'd be back to fucking him every time they made the trip and then probably look for a private location closer to home where they can meet and enjoy more frequent action. After all... Mr. Super Cock is not only BIGGER, he's BETTER... even if he IS only one and done.

She was one dumb cunt to say all those descriptive things to her husband. You'd think she'd consider how she'd feel if she found out that her husband had cheated and he told her that the pussy of the woman that he cheated with was as tight as a 12 yr. old and that she is, by FAR, the best piece of ass and fuck he's ever had.

The revenge videos he did were beautiful but she didn't quite get the message. What he did was the ONLY solution... if there is one.

Just 4 stars for this one because, whether they stay married or not, she killed it and they're doomed.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 7 years ago
Revenge affairs backlash?

Why did she not also "destroy" the three women he had his revenge affairs with? He had told them he was married and they went ahead anyway. Goose/Gander situation, perhaps.

bachgenbachdrwgbachgenbachdrwgover 7 years ago
Seriously???

He'd had THREE, extended, "revenge" affairs and they resumed having sex without a battery of medical tests??? Sarah should have taken him to the cleaners. David did all that to try to "save" their relationship?? And the comments support him?? Is there any understanding about the impact this will have on the children involved?? ALL of the children since the women he had his "revenge" affairs with also had children, some of whom he admitted he had a relationship with?? This is a very big hole that is being dug regarding the nature of US marriage. Not looking good.

JeepLover42JeepLover42over 7 years ago
Sounds like a type of Hell

Sartre would have loved this on, Hell being trapped with other people. I personally would have moved on, it is not that hard on the kids if the parents make an effort, and share custody. The broken remains of their marriage seems a sad pale shadow of what it was before.

onbothsidesonbothsidesover 7 years ago
I have an odd question

David apparently hid all of the sexual things that he had learned at the hands of Tori from his wife while waiting for her confession. During this time, he was hurt badly each time that he was introduced to sexual acts he suspected had been learned during her affair. Each time hoping that he was wrong about it.

So, how did she deal with it when he would come up with something new, both of them knowing damn well where it had all come from? Would it be easier or harder on her than it had for David? I don't know.

Ocker51Ocker51over 7 years ago
You Reap What You Sow

She broke a promise made to her husband & to God in front of both his & her family. She continued to lie for what reason? To protect herself & like all cheaters once she had gotten onVer the guilt of her betrayal & she realised she had gotten away with it, it would have happen again. It is amazing how many excuses you can find to justify bad behaviour.

Cheaters never stop unless they are force too by being caught.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Not much to like

The wife cheated. That's a very bad thing. She kept it from her husband. That isn't exactly a shocking thing. He finds out and four years later goes a bit crazy with three affairs, hiding their money, etc. She is not much and he is even less. Luckily for this author he did not allow scoring. I think he knew how weak his end-story and characters are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
lesson

If you make a vow to be faithful fullfil it and you won't have horrible consequences that are results of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pain

He was in a lot of pain.

She kind of backstabbed him again by warning her lover as well.

If she had been all that contrite she would have severed all ties with him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
He drove home how much he hurt

And she had the gall to be angry at him for trying to get her on even footing. If it was me I would have said bye bye to the wife, especially after she was given just a small taste of what he went through and she got angry. The only way for her to understand his pain is to go through it. SHE destroyed everything, make no mistake. He never would have taken steps if she stayed faithful.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES