Caitlin's Choice Ch. 01

Story Info
Caitlin is reunited with her boyfriend from high school.
920 words
4.35
50.7k
13
0

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/01/2022
Created 02/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers

Caitlin walked into the outdoor chapel and was led to one of the fold out chairs on the side of the bride. She actually knew both the bride and the groom but figured it was easier to sit with the bride's family. As she looked around she was probably the only single woman at this wedding and she regretted even showing up. Mark and Sophie had been dating forever and it was only assumed that they would get married. However, it was a surprise that they chose to get married on Mark's father's island resort. Mark's father had never been a part of his life and when he chose to come back home, two years ago, everyone was surprised.

Caitlin looked around and realized that all her high school friends had grown up. It had been five years, but it seemed like an eternity. As everyone else was seated, she looked around and realized that this weekend wasn't going to be too bad. Everyone had arrived by boat on Friday afternoon and most of the guests had rushed to the beautiful beach to suntan and frolic in the water. Caitlin had chosen to settle into her room and then walk around the grounds. Her pale white skin was not used to the sun and, being a redhead, she was prone to burn, not tan like those blonde bimbos.

It was a beautiful island with 20 small cottages circling the beach and 3 large buildings in the middle. She knew that one building had a large hall and kitchen facilities since that was where they had eaten dinner the night before. She also knew that the building on the hill was Mr. Hudson's residence. It was hard to use the word house or mansion since it was an architectural masterpiece. The third building was the staff quarters. Running an island of this size needed many workers.

Before she knew it, the wedding began. The bride was beautiful and the groom was looking nervous, yet happy. They had written their own wedding vows and Caitlin tried hard not to smirk, wondering why it had become classy to change the way her parents and grandparents had pledged their love to each other. The bride and groom kissed and everyone clapped. It was the perfect wedding and as she made her way to the reception hall, she took one more look around. He wasn't here and she was relieved. She knew he had been invited, but Sophie had told her he hadn't accepted. Caitlin had felt like such a bitch when she had discussed this with Sophie weeks ago.

"If he's invited I'm not coming. I do not want to ever see that man again."

"Oh, come on Caitlin! I want you at my wedding. It's going to be beautiful. The Hudson estate is amazing. He has his own island in the 1000 Islands and Mark's dad said everyone can stay until the Monday."

Caitlin pouted. She knew she was being difficult, but she was stubborn like a horse.

"Has he accepted or declined?"

"He hasn't responded and I doubt he will. Mark says he's off in Australia surfing and probably won't be home for another five months."

"O.K., fine."

Caitlin sighed and realized she was being a big baby, but it didn't matter because he wasn't here and she was. She was going to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Even though the wedding ceremony was unconventional to Caitlin's tastes, the reception was somewhat normal. It was a sit-down affair and Caitlin was seated with the wedding party's significant others. The table sat 8, yet there were only 6 at the table. To the left of her were Matt and Danny; boyfriends of the two bridesmaids. They were both lawyers. They were funny, loud, and started to get a little annoying as the night wore on and the drinks flowed freely. On Caitlin's right were Deanna, Susanna, and Marianna; the wives of Mark's groomsmen. She had gone to school with all of them and they had been the typical cheerleaders. She had remained friends with them, though she didn't approve of their lifestyle. Caitlin remembered them chatting a week before graduation and explaining that their boyfriends had better propose soon, otherwise they'd have to waste time at college. Their boyfriends had come through and all had married within the year. They were now bored housewives who spent their days together while their husbands actually worked for a living.

After the traditional cake cutting, bouquet toss, and first dance, Caitlin decided she was going to take a walk along the beach. She smiled at Sophie on the way by as she nuzzled her new husband's neck, cuddling close.

Caitlin went outside and took a deep breath of the cool crisp summer air. It was exceptionally hot this summer and she was glad she was wearing a knee length summer dress with sandals. As she got to the beach, she took off her sandals and holding them in her left hand, started to stroll along, her mind wandering to a different place. She thought of Logan and wondered if he was having fun in Australia. For some reason knowing he was so far away made her want to think of him.

"Oofff"

Caitlin cried out as she tripped over something and landed face first in the sand. Sputtering as she sat up she looked at what she had stepped on. Lying in the sand was Logan, stretched out, as he looked up at the stars.

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,435 Followers