All Comments on 'Carefree Highway'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments (Page 2)
tinfoilhattinfoilhatalmost 6 years ago
Details

I'm a driver. On your first page you had them ending one run and then starting another one 2 or so hrs later. That goes against everything we are trained to do. Plus it's illegal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
oh give 'im a break tinfoilhat

Dude likes Fords, so you know he's not all there. Just smile and scroll past.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessalmost 6 years ago
What a goofy bitch

Couldn't she have just hired a hooker every second Friday or something for the old geezers? What an absolute spastic. I hate these ones where the wife is fucking someone with some kind of creepy Florence Nightingale excuse. Pussy is for sale at very reasonable rates. If the sex is supposedly healing or therapeutic, what does that have to do with bending over a desk and letting a line of dudes fuck her behind her husband's back? Vagina is for sale, people. It's not even expensive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 stars as usal

Awesome story!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
OK that's a new one for me

Geriatric Therapy Sex. Truly original. Thanks

Sak77Sak77over 5 years ago
Pussy

Why do cheating women say, "It's something will never run out of."? Okay, sure, she may never run out of pussy, but there are other things you run out of the instant she gives it away: Trust, respect, self respect, honesty, and faithfulness. Once those are gone, the pussy doesn't matter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Magic with the pen!

Love this tale & the creative way you use dialogue to move your story along. That along with your great quips & one liners make me smile.

Couldn't put this one down.

*****

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
I want my own evie

What a firecracker. How could the wife be so clueless. Would love to see the story continue with those two. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
lol

she didn't pass the husband test. it's sooo fucking simple.

would you do X with your spouse present? If the answer is NO, then it's probably cheating, wrong, hurtful, and you shouldn't do it if you actually care about your spouse. his ex wife is stupid. so many dumb people that don't understand love. love isn't a fucking feeling. love is a career. because women are sought after and get to ultimately choose the mate that showcases themselves, it's only natural for them to feel entitled. but that's a false feeling too. yes, you choose whom to love. but once you make that choice, you commit to that choice! that means you treat your spouse with empathy, honesty, dialogue, trust, and a whole host of other things people seem to forget these days. marriage isn't..... 'oh....i really like how they make me feel....must be love'

i really like how my lil brother makes me feel, doesn't mean i wanna fuck my brother. i really like how my pet makes me feel...same deal. and just like my brother, pet, friends...there are different responsibilities for each relationship. the ex wife was entitled, she never considered he might leave her for her behavior. her only prerogative was whether or not to keep him. i wish women knew. yes, women are all that and a bag of chips when we're young. but that changes as you age. and hopefully by then you've found a special someone you've put so much work into....as a career....that they only see the sun shine on you. because as we age, there are plenty of younger models that'll offer all the superficial things that helped catch someone's eye way back when.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This story was...

...as refreshing as an ice-cold beer on a hot muggy day. The Evie character was infinitely lovable and charming. In a week or two, I'm going to read it again. Five well-earned stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nobody Writes Like Gord

"The voice was medium pitched, too high to be a man's but on the deep side for a woman's. And it was smoky and kind of scratchy at the same time. But that voice just exuded warmth. It was one of those phone sex voices that just made a man start adjusting their shorts and flexing their leg muscles." I've known two ladies with this kind of voice. One was a girlfriend who was a bank teller, the other was a mature, fully trained fireman (firewoman?) who was a fire dispatcher, very happily married with the best legs I had ever seen at the time. When they'd turn that voice on either in person or over the phone... One I knew how good it was, the other I could only fantasize about because that lady was never, ever going to cheat. She had way too much class for that.

"You aren't done yet?" she asked in that smoky voice, "It was a race and you lost. I even gave you a head start. I guess it takes longer when you get older huh?" Nice guys finish last, always.

"I said can your little cartoon bitch, do it like that," she snapped. Evie didn't like the Flintstones much, but she fucking hated Betty Rubble, for some reason. Maybe it was because with her inky black hair and beautiful eyes people always compared them. But for me mentioning Betty worked every time." This has got to be a first, how in the hell can you think of a way to bring the Flintstones into a LW story?

"What do you mean a construction site?" asked Brad. "Because all around her there were so many erections," said Malcolm patting the front of his pants." Why do I get the idea I already know who Ann is?

"Carefree highway, let me slip away"

"Slip away on you"

He was great, live, in concert and still doing it.

"Chase I didn't know you were into old ladies," snapped Evie. "I'm no more his fucking daughter than you are grandma. Do you try to kiss all of the men in this shithole or just mine?" Where were you when I was looking?

"Next time that bitch puts her hands on you, I'll throw more than a wrench at her," snapped Evie as she scooped up the bag of food and threw it out the window." Shit, on second thought.

"The same little girl that gonna beat your fat old ass, if you call me a little girl again," snapped Evie." "He isn't going anywhere private with that old skank," spit Evie." "You said rooms, Grandma Moses," snapped Evie. "We only need one room. And I'm not his fucking friend...well maybe I am his fucking friend because we do a lot of fucking, but I'm his girlfriend." ... "Then I met Evie. She was brash, rude, mean, and insanely jealous, the total opposite of Ann. She's way too young for me and we have absolutely nothing in common. We argue constantly about everything, and everyone. I don't know how or why we haven't killed each other yet. Oh wait, I do. It's because I love her like there's no tomorrow." Ok, I got it right the first time.

I never for a second thought about what it could possibly do to you, or us or our marriage, but if I had it would have never started." WTF? Said it before, ya can't fix stupid.

"And I figured if it worked for him. Well you know the rest of it. It wasn't like I was taking anything away from you. I didn't love them. I just let them have a little taste of what you were getting every night. And I only did it bent over the desk because I didn't want to see them or think about it. But with you I just stopped doing it in that position for two reasons, one was because I didn't want to do the same things with you that I did with them, and second was because I like looking in your eyes as we made love and seeing all the love you had for me." she said." Wouldn't have seen this one coming in a million years. Don't think I read anything about using rubbers, that means everytime he wasn't even getting slimy thirds, he was getting... At least she would have come prelubed.

Thanks for the fun, unique ride as usual Stang and thanks to Gordon, got him cranked up right now along with the Spurs beating the Knicks 120 to 111 in SA. Signed: BTW

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
a love story made from a pain and suffering

Evie, made life worth living

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
A little

A little goofy there at the end with Ann and the Geriatrics, but overall another great story from SS06. Evie is most definitely an upgrade in all areas. Really enjoyed it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
1 star couldn't get past first few paragraphs too much asshole

I like most of your stories but. Chase only. Had a few friends like that only answer to Michael vs Mike etc and so on Fuck them if I deliberately tried to insult them by it OK

But as I have son Michael and another bunch of friends also Michaels and if I call the wrong one Mike tough shit too old too worry about kid's games and other names and nicknames. Former friends and I don't miss them I tell everyone call me anything just don't call me late to eat. That's the generation I am

Few other things so I don't care if got better don't have time for it

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
There had to be cheating

Two problems with story. 1. I can't get my head around concept of Ann having sex with 70/80 year olds just to keep them sane. It is too preposterous.

2. I don't like stories where every other sentence has "fucking" or "asshole" or similar.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ref: someoneother

The only thing stranger than fiction is reality. A lot of people use curse words to add emotion to the phrase, it is designed to shock and awe. I guess it worked with you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good one! Love the channeling of Gordon Lightfoot.

You write well, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"I'm not fucking crying, I've got something in my eye, let's get out of here so you can go buy me a fucking engagement ring, you fucking cheapskate."

That line makes me laugh every damn time

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Another silly story

3/5

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Concept Excellent, Execution Excellent

A slightly different shortish story packed with detail of betrayed love from Stang.

Yes, there may be a lot of swearing but it's a common occurrence these days when emotions take over and it's absolutely clear that Evie, especially so, and Chase have major problems, but ultimately resolved with her cheapskate comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Whoops

I especially like the part where Evie was 22 when he met her and 21 about a year later. Second only to the love of a man for his Mustang. Why he didn't settle down and fuck it I'll never know. Gotta keep levering in the Mustang homoeroticism. Even though it conflicts with the seemingly emotional narrative, every single time. ROFLMFAO

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Third time

This is probably my favorite Stangstar of all.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
Interesting character development

It would have been so easy to make Evie the perfect girlfriend: loving, patient, validating. Making her ill-tempered and sarcastic was a great switch and made the story much more interesting. And for the record, I do believe in reconciliation, but not after that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cheating is cheating no matter how honorable the purpose was. Evie's character was a spunky and lovable girl.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Nice! ...love the story. It helps explain Evie more especially in the other story that has Evie in it. Chase is great... and Ann’s cheating is so over the top; it is beyond reasonable... so weird. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I asked a Lady to marry me She said No way .. She was 10 years older then Me but still built like a 67 Mustang Bos 302 .. Evie got on My nerves in this Story

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

While I enjoyed the story, the whole thing with what Ann had been doing was rather ridiculous. I know we need new "why's and wherefore's" in these stories but that came up severely short.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No matter the rationalization cheating is still cheating, the most destructive

Thing a spouse can do.

This was too sad.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The song he played Should have been ' turn the page"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Stupid.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

“ Picking up the pieces of my sweet shattered dream

I wonder how the old folks are tonight?

Her name was Ann

And I'll be damned if I recall her face

She left me not knowing what to do

Carefree highway

Let me slip away on you…. “

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 2 years ago

I read this many years ago, loved it then, love it now. Both the story and the song. Of course, all of Gordon Lightfoot's songs are good.

cordialddcordialddabout 2 years ago

This might be your bybest complete story. No loose parts, every paragraph builds the story. Humorous, realistic (if you've driven long-haul) yet at the edge for the humor. Read it many times and a joy always. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In my opinion and knowing a bit about the subject, I would say Evie has some psychological issues from her childhood and covers it up by having anger issues. She wants to be happy but it just comes out of her like having the volume up to full all the time. She may even have some PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) which is for an easy read term, nasty and vicious. I know my wife gave it to me and I had for 20 odd years before she left me from playing around again with another dipstick at work, then left me saying it was all my fault when I said to her she disgusted me. Divorced me and shacked up with some dipstick the next week after she divorced me. I did not find out for a few years but when I did my PTSD evaporated in two weeks. It took me over two years for the GP to finally allow me to come off my mental health medication. Yes and that is why I feel Evie was like she was for some form of abuse at home. Mental baggage can be carried along for some time. Perhaps an add on chapter could be written that they got married and when they had settles down Evie had some counselling for her issues so her volume is now at level six. That said, she still swears like a trooper! its just a lot nicer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@ anonymous 7 months ago commenting "stupid" what's so stupid the story or your brain? For me it's definitely your brain is stupid, your face looks stupid, your parents are stupid, your whole ancestors are all stupid. Thanks for the great story.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

What a stupid cow. Couldn't she bring a hooker? Give her a title of consultant or therapist and let her take care of the tenants.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She putt her older persons needs above her marriage. Well done her. She knew what she was doing as she got her husband "out of the way" and then wondered why her husband left her. Ummmmmmmmmm really good care management. I glad her ex-husband found someone as messed up as he was. Its a shame he will die before she does as he is a lot older. But at least he will die a happier person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

great story , five stars .

one nitpick , and its just a truck driver thing : people in the industry (trucking companies,repair shops , shippers , receivers , etc) do not refer to us as " trucker " . they refer to us as " driver " .

the dock people would have said " driver , theres a room ... blahblahblah"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Strange, really strange, with many facits. LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Road trip, full circle.

Closure?

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Decent

Decent story,though I can't understand how he puts up with Evie.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

@nitpic To be honest I don't know how anyone would put up with you. I critique things but part of being a critic is being balanced and fair it's called impartiality. People like NITPIC as the name suggests live to berate and criticize anything and everything.

Sure the Mona Lisa is great but what's it so small or sure Michelangelo was amazing but he's a Faggot? It's always deflection away from the facts and the facts are this is a genuinely great story. Evie is do awesome as a character but so to is Chase these people represent their circumstances perfectly.

Anyone whose experienced deprivation or abuse as a child or spent time on the streets develops a very hard exterior because it protects your only possession as in your inner self. Evie who seriously should be nicknamed Evil 😈 is the perfect example of this tough exterior and extremely aggressive personality.

And Chase he's human granite Evie is the Ocean in the endless battle for supremacy that's why they work so perfectly together and made the story so endearing 🤓

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author has the craziest reasons for a supposedly devoted wife to cheat on her husband. Cancer survivor who becomes a drunk party girl and slut? Yep. Wife curious about a swap, delivers ultimatum, does it, nearly loses husband, but wait decides now furious for dp and then airtight? Yep. Wife gets breast implants leads yo finger banging in the supply closet and extortion by boss? Yep. Wife is a member since 18 in annual 3-day pagan sex orgies, cheating more than 30 says, and oh yeah fakes death with ex husband's paid mistress? Yep. Wife gets really drunk and raped, but has child with neighbor (rapist), learns truth 5 years later via DNA, tells rapist, and gets blackmail to fuck him twice a year for 5-15 minutes each time for 15 years until rapist gets angry and blows up his own blackmail? Yep. Wife is abused by father, uncle, and brother, fucking brother for years since age 20, gets pregnant, but cheatsbon husband once a month when goes back to Chicago? Yep. Wife works in a soup kitchen and gives her ass to homeless guys to motivate them? Yep. And no condoms btw. Then we come to this story. Trying to make geriatric patients happier with 5 min doggie style exercise bangs on a weekly schedule to cheer them up? Yep. Wtf? And oh yeah Ann thought sending him out to pick up items at the store was a flawless strategy with a line of 7-8 guys out her office door? Wtf? Therr are other examples, but this author really opts for some doozies. And incredibly some of them lead the reconciliation. Anyways glad that he.and Evie found each other. Jump.to truck driver given his background seems odd. Evie clearly has issues being from an abused family. Glad they worked it out. She will be fiercely protective and loyal. Ann was a total nutjob. How can you rationally explain her reasoning? Mentally ill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hi there, Just wanted you to know that I have read this story 3 times now off and on. yes, I have anger issues as well. that's not to say that I know how to fix them. No life takes what it wants and we just try to live through it the best we can and sometimes we do quite well, but not so other times.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I actually found this story to be funny, BUT then again, most of your stories are about crazy people doing crazy things. So what ever turns your crank - 'keep on truckin'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This person can write the best goddamn stories! Trying to see if I can read them all, must be close to 20-30 now, every one so far so frigging good. I love they all include Mustangs. Once my divorce is final, I'm getting one. 60 year old hauling ass! Hahahaha. Great story!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

RIP Gordon Lightfoot.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Comment from 4 months ago, starting with "This author had the craziest reasons..." hit the nail onnthe head. Some crazy stuff. From apparently great marriage to complete devastation but through ludicrous circumstances. Entertaining but surreal.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Really good story. Evie saved him and he saved her.

chasbo38chasbo388 months ago

This woman has a degree in health care management and the director of a home for the elderly and married for eight years to the love of her life and decides that she will provide physical and emotional therapy to the elderly male residents by letting them fuck her on a regular basis in a daisy train and she can't figure out why her husband would disappear without warning? Please find a more believable character.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with Evie. "Chase, God Damn it, turn that shit off!"

Country music sucks! The story was good, however. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I liked the story very much - but your Mustang fixation is very, very annoying.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love it I really must be a ROMANTIC (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent story really well written and thoroughly enjoyable. One of the best you have done. Didn't see the ending, I figured he'd been cheated on but never saw with who or why it happened. Well worth 5 stars in fact should be higher. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I love Evie. She does not mess a round with her conversational qualities. Priceless!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I agree, Evie was really well written and I love her directness in how she talks. Poor girl has a lot hurt in her. I would love a follow up covering the next two or three years then into his retirement.

I think this is a great story. One I have copied to me hard drive.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Evie is probably my favourite of all your many characters. She's just perfect and so endearing in a terrifying pixie kind of way, and I absolute love her <3

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thinking of the song by Matt Munro 'Looking Back'.

Life is a lady dog, much too often.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter4 months ago

I had forgotten to log in so my first comments were Anonymous, sorry about that. Gordon Lightfoot’s ‘Sundown’ album from 1974! Good over the road music, in spite of what Evie thinks about it! Good story, too! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Gotta love Gordon Lightfoot! The album, which I had, was “Sundown” 1974! That’s driving music.

RocketMan12RocketMan124 months ago

Like the story and your work in general. The way Anna cheated was a little far fetched it seemed like you wrote that in to fit in the LWs category. It would have fit in the mature category very nicely until you threw in Anna at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Funny. Some common themes. Charity having men lined up for her at the homeless shelter to screw he, and the wife sending her husband out to pick up orders while she shagged the Senator. Oh, well. BTW I loved Evie. Five stars.

JPB

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

To the people complaining about Ann's reason for cheating - You guys DO REMEMBER what types of stories you are reading, right??!? Hell, half of the fun here is seeing what crazy premises and bizarre situations the authors can come up for in regards to a scenario that is literally as old as humanity. Personally, while I liked this story, I didn't feel like it was one of Stang's best one, not by a long shot, but it was well written and a little interesting towards the middle/end. I'm glad I stuck through the opening act however, because frankly it was a bit boring.

ViolentKnightViolentKnight3 months ago

5 stars for the firecracker that is Evie.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous