All Comments on 'Carefree Highway'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Rightly Sad

I like that he had scruples and moral values. Also, he didn't waver and had the conviction to do what needed to be done.

Ann, although educated, wasn't too swift. Actually, I don't think she probably got any thrill out of the old guys...too bad. Further, she chose to hide her conduct which in itself is cheating and lying.

Sadly, he did love her and she him.

Evie, what a kick, age difference aside, Chase is a happy camper now and I wish him well.

Good story - Thanks!

likeboblikebobover 13 years ago
thanks

Thanks for posting. you are one the very few who posts with any frequency in this category and I want to thank you for that.

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Very good story, pathetically stupid woman

I enjoyed the story. The interplay between Evie and Chase is really good, although at times I wonder if Evie is insane. She is extremely jealous and that can be hard to live with. But they seem good together in a strange way. It became obvious that Ann was Chase's wife and the whole retirement home situation was gloomy and sad. However, it is just unbelievably stupid that everyone at the home is acting like Chase left without any possible reason. Malcom acts astonished that Chase goes after him for making a move on Evie. These people have had years to dope out why Chase left. Unless they are all complete idiots they HAD to suspect that Chase found out that Ann was servicing the old guys. Come on! This type of disconnect from reality is disrespectful to your readers. Ann is then played as the biggest moron in the world. She acts like she did nothing of significance in fucking all the residents. Her reasoning that she was "saving their lives" has got to be the one of the most pathetic excuses a woman has voiced in a literotica story. Until Chase voices his story everyone at the home is acting like he left without reason. If Ann wanted to "perk up" the old farts why not hire a young, single, and willing aide and let her do the favors? Ann says she felt guilty but never seems to connect the reasons for her guilt and Chase's departure. Un-fucking-believable! The woman dumber than pigeon poop is a common failing in LW stories and worse in this story than most. I liked Chase's behavior throughout the story. He is very believably hurting and cautious but has started to put his life back into some type of order. It was great how he states that having Evie let him get past his fear of confronting Ann. Very well written. I enjoyed the writing and the conversations. The story flowed well. Work on a better, believable wife in future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
pretty good

the story was a bit different from the usual, and i like it. its so much easier to just go and start over. it works to some people. usually it doesnt.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Well turned out Tale

Eve and Chase were well worth the entry fee... The thing is to enjoy the offering in the spirit with which it was written.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
This stuff is not easy.

Many readers have no idea how much effort, thought, and time goes into a story. Mustang Man has decided to gift us with a story every week or so and we should really appreciate it. This story was far better than previus efforts, technically speaking. He lost a few quotation marks, but the dialogue was pretty damn good. It is fiction and we suspend disbelief for the pleasure of a good story. Sure, most sexy wives do not put out for old men, most women would now that "secret" would last about thirty seconds if she did, and most would know that unless they handed out Viagra with the dinners, the old bastards would not be tapping her ass. Old men talk more than any other age or gender on the planet! That part was a stretch, but it was worth stretching for. The banter between Chase and Evie was a pleasure to read and the story was fun and romantic. I'd say that made it a good story!

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
Thanks for writing. And this was well written. It sure has plot and character issues, though.

Others have described the implausibility of the plot so I won't do so again.

I did like the interplay between he and Eva. It was believable. And I agree she's a bit crazy, but it COULD work for them IF they stay together 24/7.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Good story

Interesting settings for the old LW theme. An old folks home,... who'da thunk? Quite creative.

<P>

The dialogue really brought the characters to life.

<P>

... And you were even able to fit a Mustang into the plot about long-haul truckers. Just about as good as your sci-fi story.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

Jasonnh was spot on with his comment.

Ann couldn't possibly be THAT stupid. Cheating on her husband with a WHOLE BUNCH of old guys, and she cannot figure out why her husband left her? And the old guys who fucked Ann still think they're friends with Chase? I'm sorry HDK, but even my suspension of disbelief fails here.

If Ann had been wallowing in remorse, regret and guilt for all that time, THAT I would've been able to take, but being overwhelmed by sadness because she cannot figure out why her hubby disappeared? Argh...

It says something very disturbing about Ann, that she didn't even THINK of her cheating being the cause of her husband's disappearance. The same goes for the old farts.

As for the shrink...Ann had hidden that from her? Did Ann think her serial, gangbang cheating wasn't important enough to mention, or did she hide it?

It is a wellwritten story, but the premise of the wife not being able to figure out why her husband left kinda killed the story for me at the end.

pogmapogmaover 13 years ago
HDK is posifuckintively right.

He hit the proverbial nail right on the head. This plain and simply fiction, very good fiction. As much as this story made me laugh it could have/maybe should have been posted in the humor and satire category.

And I agree that SS06 is getting better with each story. Like I said HDK is right. So in the spirit of the story - SS06 just keep on a truckin.

Thanks for a good read.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 13 years ago
A Job Well Done

Enjoyed your story very much. The interaction between Chase and Evie could have almost be put in the humor section. It's obvious that they each gave the other something they needed.

For me this story had everything: vindication, redemption, justification and best of all a happy ending for two people that you just have to love.

Please keep writing and thanks for the hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
very good

Ann seemed to be the typical woman who thinks everything evolves around HER. He had to leave his job, he did the general and odd jobs around the home while SHE could "concentrate" on the residents. Since she was convinced that he was not aware of what was happening then, it is believable that she did not understand why he left her, certainly not for something that she considered not really important. So, yes I can understand that she wallowed in selfpity and had the male residents to support her.

Good writing. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fu$*C* Great

Don't listen to the nay sayers. Keep up your great work

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
A well planned and though out storyline

As well with being well written and edited, the story was smooth flowing and a pleasure to read.

Thanks for the good read.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Very good story.

The wife was really mentally out there wasn't she? Anyway good story I liked it a lot. Please continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Should have reversed roles

There are far more women then men in these facilities. The husband could be doing several women to keep them happy. Another plot hole is driving an empty 18 wheeler is very hard on snowy roads; best to wait on snow plows.

Still the dialog between Evie and Chase makes the story great!

ohioohioover 13 years ago
they don't have to be plausible

to be great stories, and this wasn't very plausible but it's still a wonderful story--above all because of Evie. What a character she is!

Well done, and thanks to SS06 for entertaining us so generously.

ohio

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Great story

Gordon Lightfoot song eh!

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 13 years ago
I enjoyed it!

There were a few technical errors but it was an entertaining story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
really good

character development was spot on - pace, plot, everything really good - not your best but still a darn good read

xtremeddxtremeddover 13 years ago
Wow!

SS06,

Ghost of the past laid to rest.... what would he be... where would he be... without Evie.

Wow! SS06 Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 13 years ago
Outstanding as usual

I loved this story. I felt it was quite believable. People do dumb things. Sometimes, I wake up thinking about your characters. Your stories make my day. Chase is a lucky man. He has a tigeress watching his back. She wouldn't dare cheat on him. She knows the price for betrayal. Keep them coming. By the way, I'm going to buy a Shelby mustang GT 500. I know you can appreciate what that is all about. 5 stars!

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
I love music themed stories!

This is one of the best of the lot I've read so far. As I read page three I put the song on and sang along. Powerful memories for me and new associations too. There must be some strange magic associated with 18 wheels and feisty women.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Fun

to read.

SalamisSalamisover 13 years ago
Out-fucking-standing!

Enough said.

victoriangentvictoriangentover 13 years ago
Wow

what a character you created in Evie! This was a very good story.

One comnmentor said "not very plausable"....Sweet Jesus, this is Literotica, there ain't a plausable story on here. They're fiction dummy.

Thanks for your time and effort and most of all for sharing your stories.

SleeplessinMD3SleeplessinMD3over 13 years ago
Awesome story!

The one slightly incredible part of the story was that in 3 years none of the parties to Ann's cheating ever asked themselves what was happening on the day that Chase left? I sure that Chase did not go on shopping trips every day so what did they do on the day that Chase disappeared? Also if Ann had a line of old guys outside her office ready to fuck her then the other residents had to know or suspect what was going on. But cheaters like anyone else can rationalize their actions. Like the missionary who let the natives fuck her so she can share the gospel. Never mind that these actions fly in the face of those beliefs. Excellent story - Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Geriatric gangbangs??

Really people? And everyone thinks it's the most awesome story because he get's the crazy young chick (visions of a young Winona Ryder or current Natalie Portman, just not as classy and with Bette Midler's foul mouth)? WTF....odds were he'd probably have left his wife anyway for some younger woman...that seems to be standard ops in reality. Evie was irritating and I wanted to punch her in the face, after I fucked her of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I enjoyed it and you are improving

Your writing is improving, the characters a richer and your starting on dialog between the wronged husband and the cheating wife. So overall a real growth in your writing,

The Anne character is pretty freaking dumb though I can believe it a little.

Evie is too much a mans dream. Hot, spunky, sexy, and horny. Maybe a little over the top.

Now the guy just walking away. That part I don't buy. Men take on problems and try to fix them. He wouldn't walk away. He might yell t her. He might burn down the place. He might kill the old men. But he wouldnt just walk away.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Good One

No disrespect to the old gents here, but most of the older people that I know are more worried about breaking a hip than fucking. Women do get jealous. From the stories here you would think that it never happens. Being stuck in the cab of a truck with another person all the time would not be a picnic, even if you loved each other. Think about it. I liked the story. I am surprised that someone didn't say the truck was the wrong color or the tires did not have the correct air pressure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well done, author.

Another great story and fuck the "reconciliation at any cost crowd" along with the fagots like that shoe idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Geriatric mercy fucks?!?!?!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. So bizarre, seems like scraping the bottom of the cheating barrel, her caught in flagrante delicto pulling a train for a gaggle of wrinklie, limp-dicked fossils. Couldn't she just get the geezers a hooker instead of becoming one herself? Actually worse than one cause at least whores get paid. The character, and the story premise, are both obviously nuts and unbelieveable. Author, you may have actually missed a great opportunity to get a record, off the charts number of reader comments by not following through with the story idea and NOT having the wife engage in more than straight sex with a line of horney, smelly old farts, who'd be otherwise repulsive to every female on the planet. Imagine writing page after page of the husband observing the wife engaging in all forms of rotten, gaped toothed cunnilingus, hold your nose felatio on smelly old guys, tea bagging and ass licking by the wife (oops, I just farted my prunes), attempts at anal that miss and wind up on the floor unconscious, or attempts at hand jobs where a urethra breaks or the senior's back is sprained after too hard a push or pull are just some of the possibilities. If the wife pulling the geezer train is good, how could really XXX geezer sex scenes not be better? Just imagine the hundreds of kind, loving comments you missed out on. (PS. If you don't know what sarcasm is, that was it).

Mandy01Mandy01over 13 years ago
What can I say? Jasonnh, and Ohio are right and I agree in part with them!

Knowing firsthand how hard it is to get a plausible sane reason for cheating is almost impossible, so I’ll have to suspend that much belief, although as I read Ann’s account of her activities, I thought of a dozen ways she could have got around the problem without jeopardising her marriage, never mind.

Now Evie is a different story completely. I had a girl friend, not girlfriend, but a friend who happened to be a girl, and Evie could have been her twin. Damn that girl was annoying as hell. After a while you get to the point of wanting to beat the crap out of her to find out why she's so nasty. She never seem to keep boyfriends for long either, so there must have been something in her that Chase found appealing, maybe it was the fact that she didn’t cramp him at a time that he needs space. Chase did seem to be working on remote himself, not taking too much notice of interaction going on around him. Overall, I don’t know if that union would ultimately last, for the story, I hope so.

As for character development, it was well done and flowed nicely. I nice read

Amanda

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A horrible story

Shakespeare once wrote that "profanity in the mouth of a woman is like worms in the heart of a rose." It holds true in this story. Evie is a potty-mouth and it's very unattractive. Also, what the fuck? Retirement home sex? Tha'ts the best you can do? Like...really? UGh. And most truckers are not hardpacked muscle, but flabby from sitting in their rig 12 hours a day and eating piss poor food and they don't unload their own trucks. Ever. Get your facts right, make the characters realistic and maybe it will be enjoyable.

incestor007incestor007over 13 years ago
Loved it,

I really wished it was just one time thing, but she pulled the train, but I liked the character Evie, she might be annoying, jealous, but i loved that, she seems fun to be with, jealousy and possessiveness are granted in relationship, whats problem with that? And space crap is bullshit, unless you want someone to leave you alone. What did husband get being not jealous ? I know, he got his wife fucked by bunch of old farts, if he had been jealous, he would have saved his marriage and letting those immoral old farts ruin his marriage, face it they were about to die, and who would suffer ? wife and husband. no sympathy to them. Pay the damn hooker and get over with.

I also liked conversation between them, childish, funny and entertaining, i have friend like Evie, unfortunately she's lesbian, but I love to be with her.

Thanx for very entertaining story, hope next time you find better reason for a wife to cheat, to satisfy other readers.

incestor007

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Evie might be the sister of the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo

Evie is so reminiscent of Lisbeth Salander (Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, etc.), minus her kickboxing and hacking superskills, that she could be her sister. Especially since Steigg Larsen is gone, please bring Evie back as often as possible.

I also agree with (and admire) HDK and Woodmanone.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
I also loved it as many others have stated!

Well worth the read and time. You covered new ground in a story line. But as has been stated you created great characters with Evie being the best. Well done. Not sure if read others but will check and encourage you to keep writing so I can read them. I gave you a 5 for your effort!

livnthechilifelivnthechilifeover 13 years ago
Another great story Mustang Man!

I loved this story. I appreciate the time and effort you put into your stories. I also appreciate that you crank them out with regularity. You are one of the few authors who does. LW is the first category I go to. It makes my day to see one of your stories. Thank you for an enjoyable read. By the way, Mustangs are sexy. I see why you love them.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 13 years ago
I liked it, but...

The dialog and interplay between Chase and Evie was priceless. Overall, the story was technically well done and the plot was unusual and most interesting. But I found Ann's role just not believable. It made for an interesting ending, but it was so far out it just did not fit the rest of the story.

I'm quite familiar with such facilities -- old people's homes, rest homes, senior facilities, what every you want to call them -- and cannot imagine the owner/manager of such a facility "servicing" the male population. It would not be a secret for long and the regulatory agencies would soon be crawling all over it.

But it was a fun read nevertheless.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Evie & a Mustang

Shit ... what more could a man want! Just right for this crazy world. A good story that I thoroughly enjoyed.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Read this story for one of the most endearing characters.

Evie is just a wonderful heartwarming smart ass. I absolutely loved her. Thank you for creating such a lovable person. She brought tears of joy and tears of laughter. Great story.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
OOPS yes I have read many of your submissions!

In fact Cheater in Space was the first Science Fiction (SF) story I have read on this site. I have been reading SF books for over 30 years don't know why hadn't read any stories up to that point. You have written some very entertaining stories with Carefree Highway being one of your best so far. Please keep writing so I can keep reading your work. Thank you!

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Great Story

Enjoyable with a happy ending, and we all know; I Love A Happy Ending. Although the ending kinda fooled me, I really didn't think that she would be fucking old dudes in the nursing home. Maybe Malcolm could have been an exception, because they had become close, put pullin' train for the whole crew was a bit of a stretch. Ah well, it is a work of fiction, and the real story was the interaction, verbal byplay and romance with Evie, who's every guy's wet dream. However dating for a whole year, in a truck no less, before having sex was also a bit of a stretch. Keep the stories coming, you have become my favorite no wimps writer, and probably are the best writer on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
I love StanStar06!!

This story made my week, Evie sounds so much like me, minus a few pounds, that I should probably sue this guy. But this story was truly great. What I'm waiting for him to do tho is write a story where it's the guy cheating. Every week he puts out a story and they're always interesting, unlike the previous writer I didn't really like the cheater in space stroy, I hate sci fi, but it was well done and it was funny how he stuck the mustang on a space ship in the future. but this is my favorite SS06 story so far, as HDK would say well done Mustang man

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago
About Mandy01's statement

about cheating. Actually, there IS none. None that would hold any water with the cheated party.

Ofcourse, I am not talking about swinging, wifewatching or any where the other party has full knowledge beforehand, nor am I talking about blackmail, or being drugged up or completely drunk off your ass that you pass out.

I'm talking about the plain definition of cheating, where one has sex outside of the marriage without the partner's knowledge, knowing fully well what you're doing.

What rationalization, what defense could the cheater possibly give, that would make the spouse say "OK, you're right, that makes sense".

The real reason would simply be selfishness. No more, no less. "I wanted it".

Since this is Loving Wives, assume that the wife cheats, what excuse could she give?

"I never wanted you to know, what you don't know, won't hurt you."

That's not a rationalization, that's covering up the crime.

"I wanted to try something (someONE) different."

That's pointing out her selfishness, and uncaring towards her husband's feelings.

"I want kids, and since you can't give me any (low sperm count, etc) I slept with someone who can make me pregnant."

Adoption anyone? If the wife really wanted to actually get pregnant, IVF also exists. For that matter, why not talking it over with the husband in the first place, before going off to cheat. Double whammy for making the husband raise someone else's kids. Again, the reason is selfishness.

"I was drunk."

Being drunk does not make you do stuff you do not want to do. And if you were so drunk that you passed out, then it was rape, and a whole other ballgame. Also, don't drink if you can't handle it.

"It doesn't count if it's with a woman."

It DOES count. It is not the cheater's decision to make in the first place, but the wronged spouse's.

And what if the genders were reversed? A wife finding out her hubby is screwing other guys? "It doesn't count because it's a guy"?

"I cheated because you did too."

Two wrongs don't make a right. Divorce him/her and move on, without stooping to the same level.

Every excuse can be debunked, whether given by a male cheater or a female cheater. It all boils down to a selfish "because I wanted it".

I have not yet read a cheater's excuse for cheating where I thought "Yeah, that's right, the hubby/wife should not be angry for the cheating".

Whoops, this took longer than I thought. Rant end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Boring

I wish this site had a category like "slow moving, boring stories where nothing interesting happens" so stories like this would be posted there, and I could avoid them. The only things this story was missing was something boring about motorcycles and military service, but I guess the truck driving was close enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This is most marvelous and entertaining story, ever, By a Master of the Pen !

To anon comment below, if you don't understand what you are reading then don't. Very apt description would be "throwing a pearl before the svine"

But unfortunately we live in a sick world and sometimes have not much choice. But then there is alvays the "StangStar" ! Thanks God !

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Gordon Lightfoot songs

Maybe you should do one based on "Second Cup Of Coffee"

2ndThoughts2ndThoughtsabout 13 years ago
Evie...Evie...Evie...

...you lucky SOB, every guys wet dream...a feisty, mischievous, protective, loving little terror of love.

Thanks Stang!...does she have a twin?

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Great

Really loved all the parts with the Sassy little Evie dealing with the Grumpy older Trucker. They needed each other and created a dialogue that concealed their love and great need for each other verbally, and yet their dialogue and actions expressed it. We all got it from the first. Hell, I fell in love with Evie!

Rob ConnerRob Conneralmost 13 years ago
Great on the Reread!

Just read it again. Good Tale. Whats wrong with Gordon Lightfoot? Just bought two of his greatest hits albums! Loved this story . I want Evie!

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 13 years ago
Wow Harsh stuff this time-

That was interesting - harsh - painful - remarkable.

Ann was too dense to be real - too selfish to explain why who was so torn up or sooo deluded by her own "value" she totally lost touch with reality - the idea that an otherwise competent and capable and loving woman and wife could become the fuck slut for a bunch of old timers instead of finding a creative way to stimulate the old coots is beyond understanding.

To have her bend over the desk for a train to pull in and out (visible in the hallway) and none of the "loyal", "caring" residents or staff felt any need to make a comment or put Chase in the know??

A lot of insensitivity had to be in there - but whatever -

The Eve and Chase relationship seems a good story on its own -

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
aitch'em says

One of the kinkiest, out-of-this-world stories with twist than a tangled rope. Helluva imagination and good... very good... excellent humor. Pity I am not allowed to click on an 10 star emblem.

LechemanLechemanover 12 years ago
Excellent Story Again StangStar

That one sentence: "Nothing would stand between them except one feisty little brunette with a smoky voice."

That had me laughing and loving the character of Evie!

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
1*

A pretty 24 year old is never interested in a 42 year old truck driver. No way; no how since he had neither money nor power.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
Once again I love Stangstar stories

I have read this once twice, and it reminds me of how Dwornock wife left him for a 28 year old dude, she loved getting fucked by many young studs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncok

time

4

U

2

go

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncok

time

4

U

2

go

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWdipshit

gets punted

off the page

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
DWmoroncuck

adios DWmoron

not in my house!

LegionsOfLiesLegionsOfLiesover 12 years ago
Refusal

I simply refuse to believe anyone can be as dumb as Ann otherwise we truly are fucked. Great story I loved little Evie

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
EWWW

Great story! Even if you did make me visualize a geezer gang bang.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Second reading clarification

I can suspend belief to allow me to accept that Ann didn't see a problem with fucking the old guys to begin with. As mentioned by others, it is almost a prerequisite for loving wives stories that someone, often the wife, has to do something stupid for their to be a story at all.

However, once her husband has disappeared and neither Ann nor any of the guys has a CLUE as to why he might have left so suddenly is beyond the pale. She has had years to mull this over, has been talking to a shrink and never shared this "little" tidbit, and when confronted with her husband telling her exactly why he left is apparently unable to see why he might be a little upset. Anyone this disconnected from reality has no business running an elderly care facility.

And as to a 24 year old hooking up with an older guy sans money or power, of course it can happen. Some young women get fed up with the selfish, arrogant, stupid, and unstable guys of their own age and want a guy that is stable and knows how to take care of a woman. Most young women have challenges of their own to face at a younger age but some are mature enough to want more than 24 year old "Joe Stud" has to offer.

VickieTernVickieTernover 12 years ago
I agree that her eleomosynary intentions in fucking the inmates, are not to be believed.

Better if she'd been consoling some one devastated young accountant or mature yet burly groundskeeper, some other needy member of her way-too-extended family, so lust might be at least implied however -- supposedly -- absent. But the delayed plot problem and revelation was well managed because the two character interplay before they arrive at Shady Acres (or whatever) is enthralling! You do have a gift for writing characters who are distinctly their own people and no one else's, Evie yet one more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Shit

In the immortal words of Stephen King...can't some of you guys just let a story be a story? Shit, it's a good story, it has a fucking plot, there was no wanna be cuck/fag sitting in the corner contemplating his emasculation, no faithless whore getting away with murder, and so much of the other bullshit that desperately needs weeded from this site (and frankly from any media.) The author gave us a good one...and now, in the immortal words of Paul McCartney, let it be....

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
i always enjoy a love story

was a little slow in development but i still give it a 5. i am going to pull all the other keys off except a 5 and lock the cursor on the 5th star for your stories. well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Seriously, Eleemosynary!?

Way to go Vickie! ( No deductions for minor misspelling)

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
i really like this one

I've read it over a few times. It just sticks with me and I enjoy the story every time. Like all classic SS06 tales, it has the profoundly stupid wife, or at least the wife doing something profoundly stupid. In this version, it is especially tragic, because she is such an otherwise (seemingly) wonderful wife living the dream with her true love hubby. Even her reason for cheating is altruistic (if disgusting).

However, no way hubby can handle it: it breaks him as a man (another common SS06 device-the hubby hitting the road; in this version-I really felt for him and wouldn't call his running 'wimpy').

I liked the quirkiness of the plot; one of SS06's strongpoints.

The Evie character was all spit and vinegar-I just loved her. Most SS06 characters will occasionally read like borderline simpletons-and this was no exception. But, the author developed the characters in such a way as to display real emotion: sweetness, bitterness, sadness, love, etc. So, I empathized with each of the three major characters, and even some of the secondary characters.

I just really, really liked the writing and presentation on this one, and wanted to state that fact. SS06's best story?

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
I nedd one

An Evie!

Chuckle

Thx!!!

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Evie

You just wrote the girl of my dreams!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I have read some pretty fucked up and ridiculous reasoning behind why the women decide to cheat on there husbands in the stories here. But this one here takes the cake man, lol. Good story though.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
one of your best

Of all the wonderful characters you have given us Stang, Evie is not only the best but so very far above all the rest.

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
Why?

where does this pathetic need for the hero and villain need to be friends come from?

she cheated and as written for no real good reason other than shes got a pussy.

Stang's stories all seem to have that need nay hunger for the cheater to be good or at least sympathized with the cheater...why? the compulsive need for forgiveness in the cheater stories is down right creepy, for no matter what they do all is forgiven..why?

it is like seeing a marathon and in the last moments the led runner stops and lets her cross the finish line.....why? Hate may be negative, but it is purer than the love in this kind of story, the damned are not damned for just the action but because they refuse to see how it hurt others and that they were wrong they have no remorse...see 70% of all marriages in USA have cheaters most are women now, that is a shit load of bitches that are gonna burn.

I gotta give Stang the due of a fair writer, nails the cheater's attitude, and none of them are worthy of there kids...cheaters=bad parents, and to say otherwise is like saying a crack whore is a good mom, or a meth-head is a good dad.

sdc92078sdc92078over 10 years ago
"Forgiveness"

It's not about sympathizing with the cheater. It's about reducing the cause of agonizing feelings to an irrelevant bit of trivia on one's personal timeline, or at least to someone driven by pathetic insecurities that one can look upon with pity rather than continuing pain and increased blood pressure. It's not as if we see the wronged parties actually follow through and become friends with the cheaters, hang out with them or invite them over for holiday dinners.

FiftyshadesofmeFiftyshadesofmeover 10 years ago
:)

Haha. Evie was annoying but at least she was realistic. Unlike your other second wives. Good story.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Hookers

If she thinks mindless sex is what the old codgers need, why not bring in a hooker or two? Why does it have to be HER?

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
Excellent story.

So Ann had absolutely no idea why he had disappeared? I'll bet she never shared her past promiscuity with the psychologist. That's a good way to get to the problem. NOT! Well, Ann can stop waiting - I hope she does not have a good life.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Honesty

If it was such a good thing, a way to ease the golden years of the residents, why not tell Chase, get him to buy int it?

The fact that she didn't, and "he wasn't supposed to know," is proof that they knew it was wrong, and all their rationalizations are so much bull shit.

How would she feel if Chase serviced the female residents?

As I said in my earlier comment, why not just bring in hookers?

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
I Agree With KarenE!

These guys are on their last legs. Apparently they have no family that cares about them enough to have them in their lives. So why not hookers? Wait, they did get a hooker! She was getting paid to take care of them and she certainly did! Of course she didn't take care of her husband, so that is why she is not a wife anymore! Bam! (Kind of a crazy story when you think about it. I have met a lot of egotistical women, but Ann is one sick chick!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Evie

The character 'Evie' is marvellous.

Feisty, loyal, courageous, intelligent, sexy & life has dealt her some cruel blows.

(AND she seems to like Mustangs!!)

How about her life story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I'm Supprised

If they had a shrink sitting in on their little meeting. Why the fuck was Ann not committed to an asylum when she came out with that crock of shit explanation of why she was riding the wrinkly express.

Still, we have a saying in the UK which goes, "there's more out than in". Nut jobs that is!

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I read this quite a while back and enjoyed it both times.

I like the way that Stang made Evie's character, she sounds like a fun girl. (I know that it is just a story.) Let me tell those of you that don't know; Ann just demonstrates the fact that a woman will lie, rationalize etc. in order to have sex outside of marriage or a relationship where she is not supposed to do so. And always say (when she gets found out) "You weren't ever supposed to find out"!

I love women but I hate bitches.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Quite beautiful

I have read this before but it popped up in the list and gave it another whirl. Love the Evie character. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very Interesting

Of course, it wouldn't happen in real life. However it does create quite a conundrum, maybe Ann is somewhat like Mother Theresa in some strange twisted way. Nice twist on the story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Thank you. I just showed you story to my 'evie' who is a redhead though she fell on the floor rolling. She asked if you secretly followed her.you described her to a tee. Thank you again.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
The ratio of males to females in homes like this

is a long way from equal with many more women than men. Nor are the residents sexually inactive. There is no reason why Ann needed to take it upon herself to "service" the angry old men. All she offered was a younger version of what was already on offer if they had looked around. She made herself a whore for all the wrong reasons.

I have read several quite funny stories on Lit about some of the antics that can take place in retirement homes.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
@KarenE and most of the others

I agree, they could have provided an escort service, and as the old saying goes if you can't do it with full knowledge and in front of your spock then it has to be wrong. Ann loved him so much that she sent him shopping before she opened her doors nay her legs for the old farts. And what if there was an aging lesbian there, would she have given her some service as well? I mean the women are depressed also...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 9 years ago
Loved it

had this bookmarked for quite a while and decided to finally take a chance. One of my favorites of yours. It breaks the typical SS06 formula. Love how you approached this from the reverse, and chose not to focus on an insane ex wife. Five stars, and an instant favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
highway

you are a good writer who can put words together in a way that touches people's hearts. I gave you a 4 because of the raunchy language it should have been a 3.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

ken philipsken philipsover 8 years ago
One of your best Stang!

Stang. I have read this one a few times. It is thoroughly enjoyable with the key characters well drawn out for one of your shorter stories. Evie is in fact one of your best ever characters. I also like the fact there are no real villains in the story except perhaps Mal. Kind regards. Ken

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
perfect example....

of life giving you what you need, not what you want.

cloudwolf0983cloudwolf0983over 8 years ago
I think

That I wouldn't touch ann with a 15 foot pole..i mean...If you want to give the old folks some sexual release..buy them some porn...let em hit a strip club..he'll..buy them some sex toys...you don't put a revolving door on your sex parts

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 8 years ago
Good read except.....

Too much crude & vulgar language plus the instability of Evie didn't fit. The guy ran off from a cheating wife and hooks up with a young schizophrenic who could go nuclear at the slightest provocation. Yeah, that sounds rational.

jackh1962jackh1962about 8 years ago

Freddog needs to learn the difference between being emotional and jealous along with anger management issues and not having learned at home how to deal with these and having a severe mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
FAN Fuckin tastic

To answer some questions about the story were Evie was everything he needs and she is a great fuck! Great story loved it. 10 stars = 100 %. Love you all! Bye. Greg.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
How many

Of the old codgers died since she stopped fucking them? Very few, I'd wager.

It was never about 'saving' the old bastards, it was always about her ego! "Only my magical golden pussy can save these old men! It has nothing to do with actually thinking up a way to stimulate their minds, only I can save them. I'm fucking great!!!”

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Great story.

I totally agree and I've been married 48 years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very Good

Evie was a good lady. She obliviously had a bad past and may be autistic or have some other disability. I really liked the way she was written but then I have a disability so I can relate to her. She may even have PTSD. It is evident those you don’t understand her have no idea about social issues and problems. Evie trusted Chase and may be the only person she ever trusted in her life and hence NO ONE was going to get between him and her.

Go girl.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyed The Story

And Evie. One thing though....near the beginning of the story when they first go home in his mustang, then 3 hours later they are leaving home to head to Michigan you say they take Evie's car because his mustang is up on blocks and winterized...when the fuck did he get the time to do that???? Otherwise I gave it 4 stars!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
A pretty standard BTB story, except for...

... Evie. She makes a "meh" "yawn" "seen it before" story into a "woah-nelly!" "That's something different" "that's exciting!" story.

I think it's marvelously done. 5-stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous