Cathy's Quest Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Glancing at her watch, Cathy saw that she only had a few minutes before their appointed meeting time. She hurriedly surveyed the block and spotted a flower shop across the street. She crossed the street and entered the store looking not for the first bouquet of flowers she laid eyes on, but for the bouquet. And there it was; a bouquet of roses, stargazer lilies and snapdragons, surrounded by the perfect greens and other trimmings. She bought the bouquet and rushed out to get to the coffeehouse in time.

----------------------

Katrina arrived at the coffeehouse and found a secluded table. She stared at the book in her hands, praying that it's purchase would help her convey the desire she longed to express. She ordered coffee for herself and Cathy and waited with great anticipation for Cathy's arrival. In glancing at the book she'd bought she dropped a napkin onto the floor. She bent to pick it up and, when she returned to her upright position, was greeted with the most beautiful floral bouquet she had ever seen. Behind the bouquet was Cathy, sheepishly smiling so as not to draw attention to her slightly quivering bottom lip.

Katrina accepted the bouquet and threw her arms around Cathy's neck, "I'm so sorry I've put you through this," she whispered in Cathy's ear.

Cathy pulled back and looked at Katrina questioningly. Katrina motioned for her to sit. She began to pour everything out...about her fears and about how she had let them get the better of her. Cathy could sense the tone of contrition in Katrina's voice and while looking into those eyes of hers, she found herself filled not with anger or hurt, but with compassion and love. She raised a finger to Katrina's lips and said, "Shhh. I understand, Kat. "

Katrina's eyes began to fill with tears as Cathy continued, "You haven't lost me, my love."

After a few moments of silent weeping, both knew even without speaking that there were going to be boxes and a moving van in the very near future. Katrina suddenly remembered the book she'd bought, "Oh, sweetie, I almost forgot. I just didn't think I would be able to live in a home with an incomplete Jane Austen collection," she said as she handed the book to Cathy.

Cathy looked up at Katrina and smiled, "How about we forget about the coffee and get out of here?" she suggested.

Katrina grabbed her flowers and replied, "I thought you'd never ask!"

12