Caught in the Act

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Celeste and Gaye reached the upper levels of the museum for the art exhibition that they both had been looking forward to for some time. Celeste walked alongside Gaye and kept pace with the slowly moving woman. Neither was in a hurry, as neither was in life, and they strolled into the high vaulted ceilings of the complex. The building was bustling with tourists.

Deciding on their route through the labyrinthine three levels of post modern architecture in concrete and glass, they walked alongside one another as they admired each painting. Neither Gaye nor Celeste were fans of abstract art and missed out on that entire wing. They were especially enthralled by the use of pastels in the visual masterworks of flowers, rainbows, rain, oceans, mountains, and all of nature's beauty. Celeste was very glad she got to share this with Gaye.

Celeste had brought along a camera, but it was clearly posted everywhere in the museum that photography was not permitted in this wing. Celeste took a quick scan of the room to see if the security guard was around. When she thought the coast was clear, she let go of Gaye's clasped hand and smiled with mischief in her eyes. Holding the camera aloft and taking a photo of a pleasing portrait of a nubile woman lying down on a beach of white sand, she took her souvenir photo. Just at that moment, the uniformed security guard walked around a corner to see Celeste openly break the posted rules.

Guard -- "Ahem."

Celeste froze. Letting her camera down to her side, she turned to face the guard.

Guard -- "Excuse me miss. But the signs throughout this wing clearly state that photography is not permitted. The artists featuring their work here have specifically requested that. I will have to confiscate the film in your camera."

Celeste -- "Oh please don't do that, sir. The roll is chock full of memories from my friend's wedding. I really don't want to lose them. Please could you make an exception? I promise, cross my heart, that I'll put it away for the rest of my stay at the museum."

Guard -- "You should have thought about that prior to your blatant disregard of the posted rules, maam. Hand it over."

Gaye intervened. "Sir. I realize you're just doing your job and a mighty fine one at that. And if I had seen my wayward daughter with the camera, I would have stopped her right then and there prior to her potential sacrifice of her friend's wedding photos. She can be very sneaky. But I'll confiscate the infernal device right this minute and stash it away for safekeeping. I assure you no more pictures will be taken, that snapshot will be destroyed when its taken to the fotomat, and little Celly and I will be having a long, eventful chat when we get home."

The guard appeared pensive for a moment and was looking over at Celeste with a contrived façade of innocence on her face batting her long eyelashes at the middle aged protector of the art.

Looking around and admitting the bystanders were paying them no notice, he nodded. Gaye snatched the camera from Celeste with a feigned look of disgust on her face. The guard turned on his heels and fled.

Celeste -- "Nice save, Gaye. My thanks."

Gaye looked down at the camera and saw the counter held at one. She grinned.

Gaye -- "You're lucky he didn't peek, you brat."

Celeste -- "How could he not help to trust lil ole me?"

Gaye -- "I, for one, see right through your smoke and mirrors Celly. Your poker face doesn't work with me."

Celeste -- "I have a poker face?"

Gaye -- (Pausing) "Maybe a strip poker face."

Celeste -- "Yes, I guess that would be more like it. I guess you've figured out my trickery after all this time. I'll have to try harder."

Gaye -- "You realize the implications of this knowledge given that you ever exhibit such a blatant disregard of my rules, eh?"

Celeste -- "Didn't realize you had any governance over me, Gaye."

Gaye -- "Some day that might change."

Celeste -- "Duly noted, Gaye. Can I have my camera back? The guard has vanished on his Gestapo rounds."

Gaye -- "Promise not to get us caught red handed again?"

Celeste -- "But I see a Durer just over there in that alcove that is begging to be stored for posterity."

Gaye -- "Celly..."

Gaye did not look amused and she stuffed the camera in her purse. She didn't take Celeste's hand like she had before, and Celeste missed the touch of Gaye's hand for the remainder of their tour. They finished their way through the last level of the museum without another word being spoken.

As they left the museum, Gaye hailed a taxi with a shrill, piercing whistle that could be heard down the crowded block. She directed the driver to the coffee bar across the concrete jungle where they would meet up with Rachel.

Gaye finally broke the unnerving silence.

Gaye - "Are you gonna talk to me Celly? Or is this dark cloud going to hover over us for the rest of our visit?"

Celeste -- "You realize I was only joking about the Durer, right?"

Gaye -- "No you pulled the wool over my eyes on that one, sweetie. Maybe my fib detector is malfunctioning."

Gaye reached into her bag and retrieved her camera. She handed it back to Celeste.

Gaye -- "Still friends?"

Celeste -- "Forever."

Celeste saw they were stopped in gridlock and weren't going anywhere. She asked the driver if he would take a picture of the two girls on the town. The driver smiled and agreed putting the taxi in park. Celeste unlatched her safety belt and leapt over to Gaye sitting in her lap. She cuddled in against her favorite room mate and, cheek to cheek, a lasting memory of their day was taken. Celeste put her camera dutifully away and remained in Gaye's lap.

Gaye -- "I like you being on my lap, Celly."

Celeste blushed ever so softly. Gaye simply winked back at her friend.

Gaye -- "Good. Since that's water under the bridge, did you have fun at the museum? Was it everything you expected?"

Celeste -- "And more. Thanks for coming with me. Everything worth doing by yourself is infinitely more entertaining with two."

Gaye -- "Some people find it entertaining doing certain things alone."

Celeste missed the point. Duh. What a spaz!

Celeste -- "Like playing Twister."

Gaye -- "Right hand blue wouldn't be as much fun playing solo. I imagine certain women might amuse themselves when they thought they were completely alone. Even when they have someone close that could join them in their shenanigans."

Gaye had driven the point home. Celeste openly blushed. She leaned in and gave Gaye a great big hug.

Gaye -- "Put your seatbelt back on, younglady. I see we are moving again. You don't want me to ask the driver to pull over the taxi, do you?"

Celeste -- "That won't be necessary."

Gaye -- "Good. Are you looking forward to seeing Rachel? It's been quite a while since you've seen her."

Celeste -- "Not since Christmas. I wish she hadn't moved away. But then again, if she hadn't I doubt I would have gotten to know you. So I'll be a glass is half full kinda girl after all is said and done."

Gaye -- "Well, that's very sweet of you to say Celly. I'm just as fortunate to have you around. This old gal needs a little company too. And you keep me young."

Celeste -- "Do I? I ain't even got started yet. They have a skydiving class in Milton. Next weekend?"

Gaye -- "You're kidding right?"

Celeste -- "Thought I had a strip poker face."

Gaye -- "You're getting better at bluffing."

Celeste -- "Would you go?"

Gaye -- "For you, yes I would. I might call your bluff though."

Celeste -- "No bluffing, Gaye. Thought we might go up to the Ottawa river on the next long weekend and go whitewater rafting. I've been there before, just as I tried jumping out of a perfectly good plane. Then there's those open waterboats in Niagara, the casino up north is fantastic for baccarat, and maybe a trip to the zoo. Game?"

Gaye -- "You're filling my dance card, Celly."

Celeste -- "Everything is more fun doing with two."

Gaye -- "Touche."

The taxi pulled into the parking lot beside the coffee bar. It was crowded it seems, but they spotted Rachel's car. Perhaps she had seats saved for them. It looked like it might be standing room only otherwise.

Gaye took Celeste's hand again, and Celeste smiled inwardly at Gaye's revisiting of that gesture, and they proceeded inside. The coffee house had somber lighting throughout the almost surreal décor of the place. Celeste could see why her eclectic friend would love such a place.

They wandered through the bourgeois crowd as they looked for any sign of Rachel. They found her at a booth in a secluded corner of the coffee house. As they approached, Rachel leapt from the booth and ran towards Celeste. She pounced right up in her arms and wrapped her legs around Celeste's body. Celeste purred as she held her friend in her arms for a full minute.

Celeste -- "I've missed you Rachel. I wish we hadn't become such strangers in the night."

Rachel -- "I wish that too, Celeste. In fact, that's why I asked if I could meet you two here in Toronto today. Shall we order some drinks?"

Looking a little confused, the three women sat down in the padded cushions on the booth. The table was shaped in a yin/yang symbol. Putting their things down, the waitress came over dutifully taking their orders.

Sighing openly, Rachel faced her mother and Celeste across the table.

Rachel -- "Eric and I filed for divorce. It seems he's trading me in for a younger model."

Celeste and Gaye's faces dropped and a hint of pathos was in both of their gleaming sets of eyes.

Gaye -- "I'm sorry to hear that, Rachel. I never would have suspected Eric of being capable of such deception. He was always such a nice boy."

Celeste -- "Maybe he's got a good poker face. I'm a bit surprised too, Rachel, and never would have suspected Eric."

Rachel -- "Nor did I. But he confessed last week. Guess his guilty conscience was more than he could take."

Gaye -- "What will you do? Have you moved out?"

Rachel -- "No he moved in with the hussy. He's already removed all his crap from our place. I don't think I want to keep living in Aurora, though, as it will haunt me with the memories of my own gullibility."

Celeste -- "Don't be so hard on yourself, hun. Have you thought of moving back to Kitchener? I think we might be able to find a cardboard box for you to sleep in."

Rachel -- "I sort of hoped you two might welcome me back home."

Gaye -- "Shall we go pack you up right now?"

Rachel -- "I've already packed my things up. I was thinking next weekend."

Gaye -- "Guess we'll have to take a rain cheque on jumping out of the plane, Celly."

Celeste -- "The world is our oyster. Lots of years left in these old broads I think."

They all giggled at each other's expense. Rachel seemed delighted at the two girl's welcoming of her back home. They had, for many years, lived alone and had grown accustomed to each other's company. Perhaps three was a crowd. But Celeste and her mother didn't hesitate for a moment and welcomed her back to her home town.

The women talked for nearly an hour over their tasty beverages and rehashed old memories. Both Gaye and Celeste reassured their daughter and best friend that Rachel was stunningly beautiful, wise beyond her years, and charming without fault. They convinced her that while Eric had roaming eyes, she could not blame herself for the faltering of their marriage. Rachel felt very warm inside after their long talk. They decided amongst themselves they should still go to the jazz bar that Rachel suggested. Taking another cab, they spent the night enjoying each other's company.

The band on stage was remarkably gifted. A five piece jazz combo filled the lively bar with harmonies and melodies that tickled the ears of the three women. Much lubricated with the alcoholic temptations of the night, Celeste introduced them to her favorite drink. One ounce of jagermeister, amaretto, Bailey's irish cream, milk, and pink grenadine. Mixed in ice and served in a frothy mixture with the texture of a strawberry milkshake. Went down like one too. Very easy to go overboard.

Gaye -- "And what is this yummy concoction called, Celly?"

Celeste -- "Do you really want to know?"

Gaye -- "Am I gonna regret this?"

Celeste -- "Probably."

Gaye -- "Then you better tell me."

Celeste -- "The Pink Pussy."

Gaye was speechless at first. Rachel just giggled knowing when Celeste had first discovered that drink. On one of their visits to a "gentleman's club", she had requested the recipe from one of the bargirls that fed drinks to frisky patrons. What was even more fun was that they put the test tubes down their cleavages to feed the drinks to the usually male clientele. Celeste had spent a queen's ransom that night.

As the night passed, they all soon decided it was time to head to the Harbor Castle. Nestled in the downtown core of Toronto -- right on the lakefront -- it was a sought after refuge for travelers far and wide. Knowing none of them should be driving after imbibing so much booze, they decided to leave Gaye's car back at the museum and Rachel's here. They would thank themselves later.

They hopped another cab and squeezed into the backseat huddled arm and arm. Enroute to the hotel, Celeste noted an ad for the return of Cats to Eddie Mervish's network of musical theatres. Tucking that in the back of her mind, she saved that surprise for another time. When they arrived at the lakefront, she also looked upon the lapping tide of Lake Ontario and thought a sailboat cruise out of the city's many marinas might be a fun time for the three of them soon too. They finally arrived at the hotel. Checking in, they realized they had two rooms.

Gaye -- "If you two girls want to have a sleepover in your room, I understand. This old gal can sleep alone another night."

Celeste -- "Do you mind, Gaye? Really is that okie dokie?"

Gaye -- "Of course it is, Celly. But get some sleep and with hope we won't be unbearably hung over. You two come and get me when you finally roll out of bed. Maybe we'll try to find a nice breakfast buffet if our stomachs will adjust."

Rachel looked over at Celeste and smiled madly. The look on her face attested to the fact that she really wanted Celeste alone. Celeste didn't outwardly show any illicit reaction to Rachel's advances. But inwardly, she anticipated this moment.

Rachel and Celeste bid Gaye good night, both of them giving her a big hug, and when Celeste got her embrace it was accompanied with a little pat on the bum. Celeste smirked promising to be a good girl.

Rachel and Celeste retreated to their room suddenly realizing her small bag of clothes and things were still in the car at the museum. Rachel offered some of her clothes and sundries she had packed for the following day. Rachel and Celeste were virtually the same size.

Almost as soon as the door closed, Rachel pinned Celeste against the wall. Her hand reached for Celeste's breast as her lips touched those of her best friend.

Rachel -- "I've wanted it to be 'time' for months, Celly. God I've missed you. More so now."

Celeste -- "I should have come up to Aurora before now. Life doesn't always work that way. I'm glad you are going to be back home now. I'll be able to see you every day. There will always be 'time' for you."

Rachel -- "You know mom doesn't know about us, right?"

Celeste -- "She's without a clue. Even after all of our late night talks, I've never told her about us. She doesn't even know I'm a lesbian much less that you like the best of both worlds."

Rachel -- "Well, that would be awkward. You know I don't think I could ever admit that to my own mother."

Celeste -- "You're mother is much more understanding than you think. I just wasn't going to be the first one to broach that subject."

Rachel -- "She might find out readily now if we behave like I think we'll behave once I'm settled into that cardboard box you playfully mentioned."

Celeste -- "Maybe you can stay in my room."

Rachel -- "I might like that. That would probably necessitate a little explanation to mom."

Celeste -- "Maybe it's time we did."

Rachel -- "No rest for the weary. Let's jump in two feet first. If you stick with me, I'll broach that awkward subject. Like you said, maybe she'll even understand."

Celeste -- "Somehow, I think I know your mom well enough to know she'll support you through whatever you do in life. She sure as hell has put up with me all these years. She's got thick skin."

The two girls climbed up on the bed and Rachel spooned up against Celeste's back holding her softly. Her hands grazed through Celeste's long curled hair as she laid beside her best friend.

Rachel -- "You've been with me thick and thin, Celeste. I've always adored you. I've always thought we were more than just best friends."

Celeste -- "Well, I've always thought the same thing sweetie. Felt the same way about your mother too."

Rachel -- "You don't mean...?"

Celeste -- "No, nothing like that sweetie."

Rachel -- "Did I note a sudden hesitation there? Nothings going on between you and mom, is there?"

Celeste -- "Not like that, Rachel."

Rachel -- "Then, like what?"

Celeste paused wondering if she should confide in Rachel her recent embarrassing incident. Celeste resolved in her a tentative bravery.

Celeste -- "Your mother caught me doing something to myself the other day, Rachel."

Rachel -- "Oh god. She caught you playing with yourself? How often do you do that, Celeste? Shit, you must do that a few times a day."

Celeste -- "On a good day, yes. But no, that's not what she caught me doing."

Rachel -- "What, pray tell, could she have caught you doing that would be more embarrassing than that? I can tell it's a touchy subject."

Celeste -- "Rachel. I spank myself. Often. Your mom caught me the other day."

Rachel -- "Spank yourself? Why in the world would you do that?"

Celeste -- "Thought it was obvious. It makes me go vroom vroom."

Rachel -- "Wow. Guess I never got spanked growing up so I have no frame of reference."

Celeste -- "Neither do I really. I've never been spanked by another woman. I wasn't spanked growing up either."

Rachel -- "But you spank yourself?"

Celeste -- "Guess I didn't expect it to be a spectator sport. Your mom wasn't expected home at that inopportune moment."

Rachel -- "How did she take it?"

Celeste -- "Surprisingly well, actually."

Rachel -- "Maybe there's hope she won't go all livid and weirded out when she finds out I'm into girls."

Celeste -- "She's remarkably resilient to the nitty gritty truths, Rachel."

Rachel -- "Meaning?"

Celeste -- "She offered me a chance to explore my interests further. She wants me to ask her when I'm ready. I'm just...not there yet."

Rachel -- "She wants to spank you? Oh my god."

Celeste -- "Don't judge your mother. You don't want her to judge you."

Rachel -- "Good point. It's just a bit startling to find out mom is such a hip woman after all these years. There's still a lot of life in her since dad died."

Celeste -- "I'm starting to figure that out more and more every day, Rachel."

Rachel -- "So why didn't you take her up on her offer?"

Celeste -- "Not sure I want to spoil our friendship."

Rachel -- "Do you trust her?"

Celeste -- "Implicitly."

Rachel -- "But...do you trust me?"

Celeste paused in the limelight. Was Rachel asking her what she thought she was asking her? Celeste was suddenly aroused at the thought of Rachel spanking her. A whole host of fantasies erupted in Celly's depraved mind in the blink of the eye. What if she said yes? What if she said no?

Celeste -- "But of course I do."

Rachel -- "Well maybe you should explore this with me first. Before you risk trying it with mom. Lots of reasons to spank you I'm sure. Lots of time yet in our lives. But you know I'm not going to get weirded out. Hell, I've tasted that lovely patch of heaven between your legs. As you have mine."