Caught in the Act Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"After that, Detective Rose thought about the possibility that Seth, not Shayla nor Derrick, was the real target, and a lot of things began clicking for me. Who had motive for harming or framing Seth? His sister. Who was his sister's lover? Why, the head coach of the University's varsity football team. After that, it was a matter of looking to see if Harlan's cell phone pinged near the Belle house, which it did and at the correct times. From there we got the search warrant, and once we had the shoes, we had about as strong a circumstantial case as we possibly could. Certainly enough for me to make the decision to make an arrest."

"Do you think he'll stand trial?" asked Sandra Speer. "He's a very sick man, from what we've heard."

"That's a good question." I said. "Harlan's hearing is tomorrow morning, and he may well get a delay while he undergoes his treatments. But I've also heard... that in reality there is no hope for him, and it is only a matter of time before he dies."

"I have to admit," said Lorena Rose, "that I was misled about the sister and about Shayla."

"I can understand why." I said. "And as it turned out, Cheryl Belle Dunston was definitely committing crimes. She set up some fake deals that allowed her to take large lump sums, but there were no time-payments for the company to be receiving. Only she or someone at her level could put that into the system without even a Court signing off on it, as normally happens."

"Let me add this:" I added. "Shayla and Cheryl were actually in league with each other to break Derrick's will! Cheryl made a big mistake: she admitted that she and Shayla liked each other. I thought she was throwing that out to mislead us, but later realized that it was true, that Cheryl and Shayla were friends, and were conspiring together. It is very possible that if Shayla could've gotten Derrick to hit her, she could kill Derrick and claim self-defense, then Cheryl would contest the will not only to keep the company for herself, but to get Shayla a cash settlement from the estate. Again, we can't touch her, we have no proof and Shayla actually never could get Derrick to get physical with her, but I fully believe they were trying something."

That started some chatter amongst the guests. I took the opportunity to refill my single malt Scotch, then continued:

"Derrick was intending to sell his company to his venture capitalist partners, and he was going to cut Cheryl out. I think he knew she was embezzling from the company and defrauding him, but he didn't want to expose her and have her jailed. I don't think he realized that several people were targeting him for murder. In fact, it might have been sheer luck that Harlan got to Belle before Shayla or Cheryl did..."

"No wonder Shayla dropped me as her lawyer." said Jeanine. "She doesn't need a divorce lawyer anymore, but she's going to need a criminal attorney."

"No, I think she's going to follow through." I said. "Even from jail, Cheryl Dunston and her husband are challenging the will, and Shayla will be right there. But you're right; she needs a different kind of attorney, and she'd better be very careful of the sleeping giant she is awakening."

"I wonder what our billionaire friend is going to do about that." Jack quietly said to me as others started talking amongst themselves.

I replied "I might have mentioned to Shayla that while I have nothing I can use against her, it might be most very good for her health if she gets out of Town while the getting is good. Wargrave is pissed at me for arresting Harlan, and he might well take his frustration out on anyone he can get to named 'Belle'..."

----------

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" blared the beautiful redhead reporterette at 7:00am the morning of October 5th. "Channel Two News is bringing you continuing coverage of the arrest of University football coach Brian Harlan for the murder of Derrick Belle. At the preliminary hearing, Judge Patrick R. Folsom denied the defense counsel's request that the charges be dropped based upon the gravely ill condition of Coach Harlan, and he denied full bail.

"However," Bettina continued, "Judge Folsom did allow for Coach Harlan to be placed under house arrest and wear an ankle monitor so that Coach Harlan can continue to receive lifesaving cancer treatments at University Hospital. Additionally, Judge Folsom has postponed Coach Harlan's trial until next January, and stated that he will consider further postponements depending upon Harlan's medical condition. Meanwhile, doctors refuse to comment on Coach Harlan's prognosis, but Channel Two News has learned from several sources that Coach Harlan's illness is life-threatening, and that his chances of recovery are very slim. Now we go to Priya Ajmani at the National Desk. Priya!"

"Thank you, Bettina!" blared the gorgeous Indian reporterette, Priya Ajmani. "Channel Two news is following the campaign of Katherine Woodburn, who is running against TEA Party Extremist John Cummings for the State Senate seat left vacant by the death of Senator Nathan Allen. Let's go to the tape of Ms. Woodburn's speech last night!"

The tape rolled, showing Katherine Woodburn's speech the evening before to a crowd of young students, very liberal and anti-police in their views. She was giving them the red meat:

"And just how heartless is it that Commander Donald Troy of the Town & County Police arrests Coach Brian Harlan, who is seriously ill with cancer, throwing a sick man in jail on the most dubious of evidence?" Woodburn shouted, seemingly angrily. "I call upon D.A. Krasney to drop these ridiculous charges against Coach Harlan, and let the man receive the treatment he needs to live! And I call upon the Town & County Council to immediately terminate Commander Donald Troy's employment with the Police Department... we need Peace Officers, not thugs that beat up DUI suspects on Christmas Eve, and certainly not brutes heartlessly throwing cancer patients in jail and illegally using crowbars to beat up citizens!!" The crowd roared their approval at Katherine's vicious attack upon me.

"She is really going after you, Don." Chief Griswold said as he sipped his coffee. "Be careful. I might suggest leaving the crowbar in the car so the Media doesn't get any fresh shots of you carrying it."

"Yes sir." I said.

"Do you think that's really going to hurt you?" the radiantly beautiful Detective J.G. Joanne Cummings asked. "After all you've gone through for the citizens of this County?"

"It's not just me." I said. "I'm not worried about myself. Katherine Woodburn just declared war on the Police Force. She's planting seeds of 'police brutality' not just about me, but about any officer. She made sure to bring up Teresa Croyle beating up Dean Allen. And if your cousin John Cummings comes out with a law and order campaign, she'll just reiterate all this as a strong counter to it."

"With respect, sir," said Joanne, "I disagree: I think it's you personally she's going after. John's campaign people say Woodburn really hates you, and you personally, immeasurably. Yes, she mentioned Lt. Croyle, but I think you'll be hearing your name more and more from her lips."

I did not have a chance to respond. My cellphone rang. It was Jack Muscone calling, asking me to go to the Airport and board an FBI plane for California. The Chief's phone also rang... it was Jack's boss, asking the Chief to give me to the FBI for a day of 'consultation'.

Part 17 - Federal Investigation

We flew into the San Jose, CA, airport, where we were met by an FBI car and driven to the San Jose Convention Center. The Convention Center was being expanded, and we were taken to a spot in the construction area after being given hard hats. A couple of FBI agents from the area and a couple of Federal Marshals were with us.

"They found it this morning." said one of the FBI agents. A dead man was lying half-buried in concrete that had been recently poured. I could see enough of the man's face to recognize him... it was former Town & County Police Sergeant Brody.

"Good grief, the Mob usually does a better job than this of disposing of bodies." one Agent said.

"True." I replied. "Which tells us that this was done on purpose. They wanted us to see it. They wanted us to find this body, and they wanted us to be able to identify him and to know who he was."

There was a general murmur of agreement. Just then Fred Dixon walked up, appearing out of nowhere. "Troy, Muscone, you fucking idiots! Now look what you've done, you've gotten the man killed. You just couldn't leave it alone, could you?" I made a quick observation of the man as he spoke, trying to pretend and convey anger, trying to humiliate Muscone and me.

"Stop the fucking act, Dixon!" I said loudly, shocking everyone around. "I know play-acting when I see it, and that's what you're doing now. You don't give a shit about Brody, and you know damn well he's not here because of Jack or me... he's here because of you and the bastards you work for!

"Are... are you accusing me of this?" yelled Dixon, trying to make his face red with anger.

"You bet your ass, I am!" I yelled, directly confronting him. "And you can tell your boss that I will get to the truth, and I will bury both you and him. Don't let me ever see you again in my County, Dixon, or you'll meet the same fate Bartholomew Scott and Jody Corrigan did!" With that, I stalked past Dixon and off the premises.

"Well," said Jack Muscone, "I think that concludes this consultation. If you'll excuse me, gentlemen..." He nodded to his fellow Federal agents then began hustling to catch up with me. Dixon finally walked off in his own direction, getting away from the inquisitive stares of the other Agents on the scene.

--------

We got back home that evening, and Jack and I were at the Cop Bar. Laura had met us there, and Jack filled her in on what had happened in San Jose. We had not said a word while on the plane nor in the car rides to and from the airports, fearing someone overhearing us, but Jack chose now to start talking.

"At the risk of stating the obvious," said Muscone as he cut a piece of the delicious steak in front of him, "you were right about Brody. He must've known more that we realized. I guess we'll never know now."

"I'm not giving up, at least not yet." I said, not really eating my own steak, which was destined for a 'to-go' box for breakfast the next morning.

"So you think Dixon is part of all this?" Jack asked.

"I'm not sure if he's actually a part of it, or if he's simply working for people that have ties to it." I replied. "Just like Sarah Collins, she just did what she was told by her bosses. I think Dixon is a lapdog in the same sort of way. He did what he was told, took the persona he needed to in order to get his masters' business done. But he's blown now, and that's why I said what I said in front of all those agents today."

"I'm going to dig deep on this one." Laura said. "He's been around my former projects for years. If he's part of Corrigan's cell, my superiors will need to know that."

"They need to know, anyway." I said. "I get the feeling that Dixon is something else... he was playing so many roles... FDA, DEA, FBI, CIA, Marshals. I wouldn't be surprised if Les Craig in Southport would recognize him as being with the Department of Transportation... anyway, honey, you tell your bosses; Jack, tell your bosses, and I'll... well, I'll think about it some more..."

--------

The room was shrouded in darkness as Fred Dixon entered. He could see the silhouette of the older man at the other end of the room, looking out the window into the night.

"Well, Fred," said the voice that emanated from the silhouette. "Not much gets by the Iron Crowbar, n'est pas?"

"Apparently not, sir." Dixon said. "But it could be bluff on his part; I really don't think he knows the real truth about me."

"Oh, I suspect he does." said the voice. "And it would be best if we take you out of his County, even his State. Go to our New York offices. There is another project I think you can work on... the Iron Crowbar's sister thinks we don't know about her little 'French Connection' that she's still working with, and we will have to change her suppositions... to include us."

"Yes sir." said Dixon, relieved that he was not going to be ending up in a concrete foundation himself.

"No, Fred," said the voice, knowing his thoughts. "You're way to valuable to us, you've been an excellent agent for us and will continue to be. Go to New York, I'll contact you there..."

-----------

October 6th, 8:00am: Dr. Laura Fredricson walked into the nursery room behind her office, carrying her baby son Jim. Gayle Roberts also came in, carrying Jim's big sister Carole.

"It's going to be a busy day." said Laura. "I've got six appointments and- what the fuck?!"

Sitting in the nursery room was Henry R. Wargrave.

Laura swiftly handed Jim to Gayle. With lightning speed, her .357 magnum pistol flashed into her hands, the laser pointer in the handle activated and lighting up Wargrave's chest.

"Easy, Doctor." said Wargrave. "I'm unarmed."

"I don't give a shit." replied Laura, her anger growing second-by-second. "What the fuck are you doing in here, you son of a bitch?"

"Why, I'm here to give you a message, Dr. Fredricson." said Wargrave, slowly standing up, his arms raised and spread in surrender. "A message you can pass on to your husband. He has begun to irritate me. And your continued probing into what's left of Jody Corrigan's cell is most bothersome. You must drop it, Doctor, you really must drop it. That's all over; let it go."

"Oh really?" said Laura. "Consider yourself no longer my patient, Mr. Wargrave. Get someone else to help you get it up. And be sure to understand this: if you ever enter this nursery again, I will kill you. If you ever threaten my children again in any way, I or one of my associates will eliminate you, regardless of the consequences."

"Dear me, Professor, dear me." said Wargrave. "I hope you will be much more aware of the potential consequences of your actions... and your husband had better watch himself, lest he seriously inconvenience me." Laura cocked the trigger; Wargrave was now in serious danger and he knew it.

"I'll be on my way now." Wargrave said, moving to the exit with measured speed, then hastily leaving the room, being sure to close the door behind him. Inside the nursery, Gayle Roberts quickly put baby Jim in his crib and Carole in hers, then helped Laura to sit down. The lovely professor had begun shaking as the crisis had passed, still wondering if she had not made a mistake by not immediately killing Wargrave.

----------

"And that's what he said." Laura said. "But what was worse is that he actually was in the nursery- where our children are!" She was still frazzled as she sat next to me on one of the sofas in front of her desk, an hour after the confrontation. Jack Muscone was also in the room.

"Nobody in Washington will touch the man." said Muscone. "He's way too connected and too powerful. Do you think he's behind the Brody killing?"

"I don't know." I said. "I'm not sure if that was him or someone else, another very powerful group of people."

"Well," said Muscone, "we're continuing to pursue those groups at the Federal level, but other than that I'm not sure what we can do."

"I do." I said. "This was his reaction to me arresting Harlan, but also for the probe of the Corrigan cell. I think he just means it as a warning. But he went too far. Threatening my children is crossing the line."

"Honey," said Laura, "what are we going to do? He's got three leftover assassins from the Corrigan cell; he could have our children murdered, or have you and me killed."

"Yes, he could." I said. "But I'm hoping he's not yet at that stage. We'll have to be vigilant, and he knows that if he goes after my family, I'll kill him. But I think... hmmm, I wonder... he's no longer getting treatment for his erectile dysfunction..."

"No, I couldn't help him with that, anyway." Laura said. "He's impotent, not even the whips and chains excite him anymore."

"Good." I said. "Guuuuuuuudddddd..." I went into a reverie. He was behind Dr. Heinz's death, and now he'd threatened my wife and kids. If it was a war Henry Wargrave wanted, I was going to give him one. And I knew the perfect opening salvo...

Part 18 - Epilogue

Coach Brian Harlan would never stand trial. On the Saturday after Thanksgiving he would die of the cancer that was ravaging his body. Karen Warner stayed with him during the entirety of his ordeal; in fact, just two weeks before his death, Brian Harlan and Karen Warner were married by Pastor Raymond Westboro.

Upon his death, the Medical Examiner would find a very large amount of morphine in his IV bag, enough to end Harlan's pain and put him to sleep for all eternity. The Police Commander would make the decision not to waste taxpayer resources on that; Harlan was with his cousin Angela in some special place in Hell, he was no longer my concern. Meanwhile, Coach Russ Bronson would be named head football coach, and the University would begin a search for a new Athletic Director.

-------------

The beautiful Indian reporterette Priya Ajmani lay on her back on her bed in her apartment, naked except for high heels slides on her feet, her lovely legs spread wide, unspeakable pleasure coursing through her her loins as the massive, ten inch cock jackhammered in and out of her stretched, sopping wet pussy. Her large breasts bounced and jiggled as the white stud on top of her relentlessly pumped her, scraping his prick along the sides of her cunthole, rotating his hard, muscular ass to add to her pleasure.

"Oh God, I'm coming... I'M COMING!!" Priya gasped out. Todd Burke pushed his cock into the beautiful babe as hard as he could as her cunt muscles violently contracted as if to push the huge invading meat out of her well-fucked womanhood. The young stud was pleasantly surprised how much prick the small woman could take; he was burying nearly his entire meat into her with each powerful thrust, feeling his large, swinging balls smack her lovely brown asscheeks.

"God! this is one sweet, fine pussy!" Todd growled as he resumed pumping in and out of Priya as her deep orgasm subsided. "You are one incredibly hot fuck, baby!" He meant it; Priya was indeed one of the most pleasurable fucks he had ever experienced. Not as good as- no, don't think of that, of her...

"Oh Todd, it's so good, oh God, you're the best I've ever had!" Priya gasped, feeling her pussy building up to yet another deep, sensational orgasm. She had fucked many men to get her stories and advance her career, some of them handsome men in positions of business or political power. None of them had ever fucked her as confidently and powerfully as Todd Burke was fucking her now. He was almost demonic in his sexual prowess, she thought as she attempted to meet every one of his powerful thrusts.

"I'm getting close, baby." Todd growled, his voice a hoarse whisper. "Where do you want it?" He was in a pushup position over her, having captured her legs under his powerful arms, her pretty feet resting on his shoulders.

"In my pussy, baby!" Priya begged. "Don't pull out, please shoot your hot load deep inside me!" As if to emphasize her point, Priya grasped Todd's muscular asscheeks and squeezed them hard. In response, Todd turned his head and began kissing and sucking the sides of Priya's sexy foot, then turned and did the same with the other. He felt the deep, excruciatingly painful ecstasy of his climax building, racking his loins, feeling the pent-up explosion gathering.

"UHH!!" Todd screamed out. The first powerful jet of sperm fired out of his big cockhead and deep into Priya's vagina. He did not shove his meat all the way into her, but held back as more jets of semen coated the back walls of her spasming twat, eager to work through her cervix and into her fertile womb, and find her waiting eggs to fertilize.