All Comments on 'Chance: A Day in May Ch. 03'

by the Troubador

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
allforallallforallabout 18 years ago
Good Show

Well these aren't two strong people. Wife doesn't care for husband and Chance is astonishingly vigorous but unmoral 60. A good story but we will never know about hubby now.

You do need to work in the divorce scene.

Technically excellent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
So far so good

Troubador:

You've certainly got my attention with chapter 3. Lay on. Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 18 years ago
Really wonderful

If she were not married it would be famtastic. It is anyway!! Your description of their love making is wonderful. It actually makes you feel good all over; feeling almost as much as the couple does. You've been practicing Troub or pulling heavily from your memory.

I can tell that he sees love in her eyes and it's too early, he thinks, and he's too old anyway. Helen may just change his mind about that but I am wondering just where the story can go. She is married, for better or worse, and she sounds like she intends to honor that committment.

But maybe there has been a change in her thinking.

So, it'll become THAT day in May for them OR it'll be the start of a great, wondeful, loving life together.

And I'll bet the author will tell us which!!

curious2ccurious2cabout 18 years ago
She has a husband that

obviously has other interests than her. Be it business or possibly a lover stashed somewhere...he, her husband, is ahuge fool. Sixty year old man...thirty year old woman...know what? I've seen married couples just those ages at one point...or soon to be at some point...and they have managed to be happy.

That's the key in marriage...happiness...and at the moment, the poor woman just doesn't have that happiness, but there is a man that could bring her that happiness.

Great story Mr. Troubador. Thank you.

gravyruggravyrugabout 13 years ago
Am I the only one

that noticed the random switches in POV? The changes from first to third person were jarring, and seriously undermined my enjoyment of the story. I still like the storyline, but I hope the POV stays consistent from here on out.

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
Quite good

The only odd bit was the sudden slip from him him his to my my me. Happened twice through this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Grammar mistakes ruins this story for me!

I was really enjoying the story until the grammar started slipping!

"His manhood pushed the waistline of my shorts out. He slipped my thumbs" HIS manhood, MY shorts. HE pushed MY thumbs??

That's the start of a whole long section of the the exact same switching from 1st to 3rd person. Please get an editor. You have talent, it needs polishing...

PapaMikePapaMikeabout 6 years ago
How

does this happen?

"When she looked she realized she was atop a hill and she was looking out on miles and miles of moon-silvered hills. Under the moonlight there was no indication man had been here."

"It was an hour, maybe less before he was again aware of the world around him. What woke him was a huge moon rising over the hills and fields to the east. It was painting the world in silver magic."

And of course changing from first to third person (even in the same sentence) doesn't really work all that well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
terrible english...

several changes from first to third person within the same sentence. just bad.

WillupbossWillupbossover 1 year ago

The story line is good and would deserve h higher score but like others, the grammar needs a lot of help. I don’t know if you are using am editor or not but if you are, find a new editor! Just way to many errors to go unnoticed. Keep at it, you an imaginative writer but you just need better proof reading.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous